PDA

View Full Version : A Message from Thunder Dan

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 09:34 AM
First off, I was at the game last night so I wasn't avoiding the board like DrHouse does after a Lakers loss. I only post from my phone at games during times of extreme boredom. Since last night I was with a new girl I'm seeing, I was trying not to impress her by posting to a message board from my phone. I am a season ticket holder who rarely went to any regular season games, but I will be going to every Playoff game from now on out so don't expect me sharing in your glee when the Cavs lose. I have been a regular on this board despite my Cavs getting swept by the namesake of this board in the 2007 Finals. I don't shy away from it when my team loses. Unless you live in Cleveland, you don't understand how we think. For example, last night's loss was painful- however, because I'm a Cleveland sports fan, I already prepared myself for the let down months ago. Part of being a Cleveland Sports fan means that even when your team is poised to win it all, you convince yourself they will blow it somehow so when the day actually comes when they choke, it doesn't hurt that bad. So as much as it hurt last night to lose a game we were leading by 15 points, it's really just Cleveland being Cleveland- so when you guys take jabs at me calling my teams shitty how they haven't won anything, it doesn't bother me because I agree, we choke in every sport. We are the best second best sports town in America.

That said, the series isn't over, some of you act as if the Magic won the whole thing last night. I said it would be a tough series for the Cavs. I didn't expect a sweep, and I even wouldn't be surprised if we lost. Rashard was lights out last night- nothing you can do about that. The Magic pose a ton of problems for the Cavs. They won 59 games this season, which is no fluke. The one thing about the Magic is that they are consistently inconsistent. On any given night they could lose to the Clippers at home, or they could beat the 1996 Bulls in Chicago. They just take so many threes and outside shots that if they are falling, nobody can beat them.

On another note, I don't want to hear anyone bitch about the Cavs getting all the calls. The call on Z with 2 minutes left on Turk was very questionable, and the call on Andy with under a minute left was stupid because Turk lowered his shoulder into him. There were calls on both sides that could have gone either way.

Anyway, the night was not all lost. I caught one of those mini plastic balls during one of the time outs and on the way out of the game I got it signed by the best football player to ever live, Jim Brown. It's hard to place a value on something as rare as a mini plastic basketball signed by an NFL legend

florige
05-21-2009, 09:36 AM
How does this new girl look dude?

Spur-Addict
05-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Congrats on the ball signing.

Also, like you said it's only one game. Most Laker fans aren't worth responding to anyhow.

2Cleva
05-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Unless you live in Cleveland, you don't understand how we think. For example, last night's loss was painful- however, because I'm a Cleveland sports fan, I already prepared myself for the let down months ago. Part of being a Cleveland Sports fan means that even when your team is poised to win it all, you convince yourself they will blow it somehow so when the day actually comes when they choke, it doesn't hurt that bad. So as much as it hurt last night to lose a game we were leading by 15 points, it's really just Cleveland being Cleveland

I know of what you speak.

In Ohio but not a Cleveland sports fan but I see it all the time. Fans start to get that "look". I could feel it by watching the game last night. It was Indians in the World Series with Jose Mesa pitching Game 6 all over again. I'm a Titan fan and I felt the same way about facing the Ravens in the playoffs again.

TheMACHINE
05-21-2009, 09:47 AM
go cavs

florige
05-21-2009, 09:47 AM
I know of what you speak.

In Ohio but not a Cleveland sports fan but I see it all the time. Fans start to get that "look". I could feel it by watching the game last night. It was Indians in the World Series with Jose Mesa pitching Game 6 all over again. I'm a Titan fan and I felt the same way about facing the Ravens in the playoffs again.

:lol Me and my buddy were laughing about that the other day. We totally screwed you guys out of a SuperBowl this year. We should not had won that game. No way Pittsburgh beats you guys in Tennessee. And I think you guys would had handled Warner too.

Allanon
05-21-2009, 09:48 AM
go cavs

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
How does this new girl look dude?

she is alright. I'm not smitten though. I'm going Friday with guy friends so if we lose again I can show a little more emotion. My friend who I have the tickets with couldn't go to the game, so I broke the man law of taking a girl that doesn't really give a shit about basketball to a big game, which is bad because when the Cavs are in the middle of playing 1 on 5, and standing around watching Lebron, I can't yell and get pissed. I couldn't get pissed after the loss, I had to act like it was no big thing. I had to go out to a bar after the game even though I just wanted to go home. I knew going in it was a huge mistake, but there was nothing I could do. It was just worst case scenario all around. Didn't even get laid. It's bullshit. Cavs lost, I had to act like a douchebag, and I didn't even get some after the game. Complete bullshit

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Plus, I got that bullshit after the game of "man Dan, that was a really good game" - no it wasn't, we just witnessed another Cleveland choke. How is that a good game?

Blake
05-21-2009, 09:58 AM
A Message from the new girl Thunder Dan is seeing:

Burger King does not impress me. Do not take me there any more.

I'm also really a dude. That is all.

florige
05-21-2009, 09:59 AM
she is alright. I'm not smitten though. I'm going Friday with guy friends so if we lose again I can show a little more emotion. My friend who I have the tickets with couldn't go to the game, so I broke the man law of taking a girl that doesn't really give a shit about basketball to a big game, which is bad because when the Cavs are in the middle of playing 1 on 5, and standing around watching Lebron, I can't yell and get pissed. I couldn't get pissed after the loss, I had to act like it was no big thing. I had to go out to a bar after the game even though I just wanted to go home. I knew going in it was a huge mistake, but there was nothing I could do. It was just worst case scenario all around. Didn't even get laid. It's bullshit. Cavs lost, I had to act like a douchebag, and I didn't even get some after the game. Complete bullshit

Screw it man! At least you guys are still playing and it's only one game that could have went either way. Hell my team has been fishing a long time ago...:depressed It feels weird not watching the Spurs play this late in the playoffs though.

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Plus, I got that bullshit after the game of "man Dan, that was a really good game" - no it wasn't, we just witnessed another Cleveland choke. How is that a good game?

That's not as good as, "There's no way Orlando will shoot like that again!" and "There's no way Mo and Delonte will play that poorly again!" Every time Orlando beats the shit out of the Cavaliers, I have a dozen people telling me it won't happen again. :lol

I really don't consider this a choke, though. And I've seen chokes. Jose Mesa- choke. 2005 Indians- choke. 2007 Indians- choke. Browns vs. Miami in the '85 Playoffs- choke. Browns vs. Denver in the '86 AFCCG- choke. Browns vs. Yinzers in the '02 Playoffs- choke.

This isn't a choke. This is just Cleveland's kryptonite. Orlando might as well have been designed for the express purpose of beating the Cavaliers. At this point I'd rather face the '96 Bulls.

2Cleva
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
:lol Me and my buddy were laughing about that the other day. We totally screwed you guys out of a SuperBowl this year. We should not had won that game. No way Pittsburgh beats you guys in Tennessee. And I think you guys would had handled Warner too.

No doubt. And I blame Eddie George. Him bitching out against Ray Lewis the last time is what set everything in motion.

This year, Balt taking out CJ is what did them in.

florige
05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
No doubt. And I blame Eddie George. Him bitching out against Ray Lewis the last time is what set everything in motion.

This year, Balt taking out CJ is what did them in.

Pfft, you guys actually should had still blew us out without him. I have never seen a team block our defense that good. Collins had all day to survey the field. You guys just kept screwing up in the red zone for whatever reason. If CJ had of been playing the whole game it would had been a blowout for you guys.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 10:12 AM
another thing people don't understand about Cleveland is that we have this complex built into us like we actually enjoy games last night in a sick way. We almost enjoy the stories about losing more than ones of winning. For most fans, if you rip on them about their team losing or choking, they get pissed about it- but Cleveland fans actually sorta like it. Most of them laugh when telling stories about failure. It's hard to understand, but we like to be known as chokers in some twisted way. Our identity in sports isn't one of the 30 something markets that won a championship, or has a great team that won it all 10 years ago. The identity we like is the stories about the Browns and Indians choking. That is why it would be weird if the Cavs won the title this year. It would change everything. Our identity would be no different than any other town because we could no longer talk about the crazy choke jobs we talk about with some sort of pride. We talk about those stories like war stories we hold with pride: like "It was our team that blew the 1997 World Series in the bottom of the 9th"

But this is why Cleveland-area Ohio State fans take their recent run of failure so hard. For a long time, Ohio State football was the one exception to Cleveland failure. You could expect the Indians, Cavs and Browns to choke even when they were good, but if Ohio State was good, they were not prone to failure. But that changed in 2006, and that is why some Cleveland area fans (myself included until last year) couldn't take people ripping on the Buckeyes.

JamStone
05-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Dan, I feel your pain, for a split second, and then I laugh at you. :lol

But hey, my team's been done for like a month. So, I can't really say shit. It's just sports, so brush it off. Still a long way to go in this series.

Allanon
05-21-2009, 10:14 AM
another thing people don't understand about Cleveland is that we have this complex built into us like we actually enjoy games last night in a sick way. We almost enjoy the stories about losing more than ones of winning. For most fans, if you rip on them about their team losing or choking, they get pissed about it- but Cleveland fans actually sorta like it. Most of them laugh when telling stories about failure. It's hard to understand, but we like to be known as chokers in some twisted way. Our identity in sports isn't one of the 30 something markets that won a championship, or has a great team that won it all 10 years ago. The identity we like is the stories about the Browns and Indians choking. That is why it would be weird if the Cavs won the title this year. It would change everything. Our identity would be no different than any other town because we could no longer talk about the crazy choke jobs we talk about with some sort of pride. We talk about those stories like war stories we hold with pride: like "It was our team that blew the 1997 World Series in the bottom of the 9th"

If for some crazy reason the Nuggets beat the Lakers, I'd like to see the Cavs get a Championsihip.

Not having any kind of championship in the city since the 60's and having to root for the Browns is pretty wrong.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
If for some crazy reason the Nuggets beat the Lakers, I'd like to see the Cavs get a Championsihip.

Not having any kind of championship in the city since the 60's and having to root for the Browns is pretty wrong.

why does everyone have a problem with the Browns? They are one of the most storied franchises in football. I know they suck now, but they aren't that bad. I mean they aren't the Bengals. Plus, having the Browns is arguably better than having no team at all. I mean we do have Brady Quinn.

bdubya
05-21-2009, 10:20 AM
But hey, my team's been done for like a month. So, I can't really say shit.

Sure you can. Your team OWNS Orlando.

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 10:24 AM
why does everyone have a problem with the Browns? They are one of the most storied franchises in football. I know they suck now, but they aren't that bad. I mean they aren't the Bengals. Plus, having the Browns is arguably better than having no team at all. I mean we do have Brady Quinn.

Come on, Dan. No team in professional sports has fucked its fanbase over more in the last two decades and change than the Browns. Not one. Not even the Cubs. The Cubs at least didn't move out of town and get replaced by a shitty expansion team cleverly disguised as the Cubs.

I barely consider this team the Browns anymore. To me they're more like the 1980's Buccaneers in orange helmets. I grew up watching the real Browns- Bernie, Kevin Mack, Clay Matthews, Mike Johnson, Dixon & Minnifield, and the man in my sig (RIP.)

Those teams didn't win anything. But they had the pride and majesty of a great franchise. This team has none of that. It's a weak, soft, punching bag. They're like the kid in Pet Semetary, after he gets "brought back to life." He looks the same, but he isn't. Just like this team.

Allanon
05-21-2009, 10:27 AM

The only problem with the storied Browns is that their story ended in 1964.

And sure, there were some great teams that didn't win anything but they were also from a few decades ago.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 10:27 AM
It's just sports, so brush it off. Still a long way to go in this series.

I know. I detached myself from sports after Florida kicked Ohio States ass in 2006. I used to make the classic immature mistake of getting too emotionally involved in my team. I was like the classic fan or I was seeing my worth though the achievements of my team. Everyone knows these people as there are many on this board. They think they are awesome because the team they root for beat the team you root for. That ended for me in 2006.

For example. If I were 20 year old last night, I would still be pissed, very upset and unconsoleable. But last night after the game, while I was at the bar, I was more interested in what was going to happen with this girl when we left. I was trying to play out how I was going to make a move, and how quickly I would have to do it because we both had to work the next morning. It turns out I failed on all levels, but that isn't the point, the point is if 20 year old Dan would have left her at the game and went home and would have been pissed at anyone that talked to him.

LnGrrrR
05-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Thunder Dan,

I feel your pain. Before the 2000's, Boston sports teams were the same way. If Cleveland gets a run of success, that mindset will change, I promise.

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Thunder Dan,

I feel your pain. Before the 2000's, Boston sports teams were the same way. If Cleveland gets a run of success, that mindset will change, I promise.

You did have Bird, McHale and Parish, did you not?

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Come on, Dan. No team in professional sports has fucked its fanbase over more in the last two decades and change than the Browns. Not one. Not even the Cubs. The Cubs at least didn't move out of town and get replaced by a shitty expansion team cleverly disguised as the Cubs.

I barely consider this team the Browns anymore. To me they're more like the 1980's Buccaneers in orange helmets. I grew up watching the real Browns- Bernie, Kevin Mack, Clay Matthews, Mike Johnson, Dixon & Minnifield, and the man in my sig (RIP.)

Those teams didn't win anything. But they had the pride and majesty of a great franchise. This team has none of that. It's a weak, soft, punching bag. They're like the kid in Pet Semetary, after he gets "brought back to life." He looks the same, but he isn't. Just like this team.

to be honest, I don't really care about the Browns. I didn't have a team growing up because the Browns were not around when football was in the stream of consciousness. Ohio State was my pro team because my dad is a season ticket holder and I went to the games every Saturday. Still to this day I'm more of a Ohio State fan than a Browns fan. I went to Ohio State for 1 semester, and have a degree from Kent State- but I still root for Ohio State when they play Kent (very Ohio). I only went to one Browns game when I was little and it was the last game at the stadium

I was actually somewhat of a Lions fan growing up because I liked Barry Sanders. But in 1997 my mom got remarried to my stepdad who happened to play 13 years for the Browns during the late 60's-80s. So I ended up going to a bunch of games and functions with them which made me a fan of them. But the Indians and Ohio State football are my first loves, I can claim to be that emotionally invested in the Browns.

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
to be honest, I don't really care about the Browns. I didn't have a team growing up because the Browns were not around when football was in the stream of consciousness. Ohio State was my pro team because my dad is a season ticket holder and I went to the games every Saturday. Still to this day I'm more of a Ohio State fan than a Browns fan. I went to Ohio State for 1 semester, and have a degree from Kent State- but I still root for Ohio State when they play Kent (very Ohio). I only went to one Browns game when I was little and it was the last game at the stadium

I was actually somewhat of a Lions fan growing up because I liked Barry Sanders. But in 1997 my mom got remarried to my stepdad who happened to play 13 years for the Browns during the late 60's-80s. So I ended up going to a bunch of games and functions with them which made me a fan of them. But the Indians and Ohio State football are my first loves, I can claim to be that emotionally invested in the Browns.

Ah, I see. You're from the Lost Generation.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 10:38 AM

:rollin

DeadlyDynasty
05-21-2009, 11:12 AM
that IS bullshit...you must've had the patience of a saint last night.:lol
Good luck the rest of the way:toast

j.dizzle
05-21-2009, 12:16 PM
:lol No chick that you just started seeing is worth taking to a good playoff game haha especially if they dont even care about the game. You gotta be a dick next time & tell her " Look I brought you to the game cuz im a nice guy, I could of brought anyone of my guy friends that would of died to come, so you owe me a little something something after the game" :toast

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Fuck the bitch, bro. When the Lakers lost game 3 of the Finals, I ran to my room and cried. There were so many people here I didn't even know. When I look back at it, that was pretty fucking pathetic, cause there were a lot of girls here.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 12:25 PM
:lol No chick that you just started seeing is worth taking to a good playoff game haha especially if they dont even care about the game. You gotta be a dick next time & tell her " Look I brought you to the game cuz im a nice guy, I could of brought anyone of my guy friends that would of died to come, so you owe me a little something something after the game" :toast

it was last minute. My friend and I have the season tickets together and he called me around this time yesterday to tell me he couldn't go so that's why she went. All my other buddies are in a softball league that they only had 9 guys because I skipped so they played. It's a perfectly logical explanation, but I still broke a man law. I think her favorite part of the game was the fireworks at the beginning

urunobili
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Go Columbus Crew!

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Fuck the bitch, bro. When the Lakers lost game 3 of the Finals, I ran to my room and cried. There were so many people here I didn't even know. When I look back at it, that was pretty fucking pathetic, cause there were a lot of girls here.

yeah I only cried over a game once and it was the Jose Mesa game and I was 11. I thought it was my Grandpa's (the biggest Indians fan in the world, season ticket holder for 40 something years) last chance to see them win a World Series. I was 11 though. I would never cry over a sporting event again though.

JamStone
05-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I thought most midwest girls knew the rule that if you take them to a playoff game, it's bare minimum a blow job for reciprocity.

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Go Columbus Crew!

I remember that game in your sig like it was yesterday. 1986 Sweet 16 at the Meadowlands. Cleveland State should have won that game.

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 12:39 PM
yeah I only cried over a game once and it was the Jose Mesa game and I was 11. I thought it was my Grandpa's (the biggest Indians fan in the world, season ticket holder for 40 something years) last chance to see them win a World Series. I was 11 though. I would never cry over a sporting event again though.

That was the second time I've ever cried. The first time was the Tuck Rule game. I cried for days about that one.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 01:05 PM
That was the second time I've ever cried. The first time was the Tuck Rule game. I cried for days about that one.

I've only cried 3 times in my life over things not involved with family members or a friend dying

1)1997 World Series
2)3rd Season of American Idol
3)The Final Scenes of Titanic

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 01:08 PM
I didn't cry after the 1997 World Series. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop when the Tribe couldn't capitalize on having 1st and 3rd with one out in the top of the ninth.

I bawled like a baby after the Drive though. Come to think of it, I might have started bawling when Elway crossed midfield. :wow

Double-Up
05-21-2009, 01:08 PM
I've only cried 3 times in my life over things not involved with family members or a friend dying

1)1997 World Series
2)3rd Season of American Idol
3)The Final Scenes of Titanic

:lmao

jag
05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
This is the saddest thread I've read in awhile...it almost belongs in The Club. You can't get laid, your favorite team choked, again, and you live in The Mistake by the Lake. I want to tell our that things will get better...but that might be a lie.

If you leapt from a tall building I wouldn't blame you...but as one of the few acquaintances you actually have (internets or not), I urge you not to.

Indazone
05-21-2009, 01:33 PM
^ :lol

At least he's still got Rosie.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
you live in The Mistake by the Lake.

There is also something strange about Cleveland that outsiders find hard to believe. People that are from NE Ohio, love NE Ohio. Sure people move away, especially because of the sagging economy in this area. But you will find that even the people that move away end up missing it and actually love the neck of the woods. It's hard for outsiders to understand because Cleveland gets such a bad rap, but people from here usually end up moving back. Clevelanders are strange folk. We love to rip on our city, but we don't like others doing it. I'm an example of this- I got a job right out of college working for the Tribune company in Chicago. I loved Chicago, I still visit there and sometimes wish I still lived there, but I ended up moving back here becuase I missed a ton of things about it. So people can say all they want about NE Ohio, but the people who were born and raised here actually like it here. You will also find that people who are relocated here end up really enjoying it. The weather sucks, but the rest ain't all that bad.

GuerillaBlack
05-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Definitely FML material.

GuerillaBlack
05-21-2009, 01:42 PM
There is also something strange about Cleveland that outsiders find hard to believe. People that are from NE Ohio, love NE Ohio. Sure people move away, especially because of the sagging economy in this area. But you will find that even the people that move away end up missing it and actually love the neck of the woods. It's hard for outsiders to understand because Cleveland gets such a bad rap, but people from here usually end up moving back. Clevelanders are strange folk. We love to rip on our city, but we don't like others doing it. I'm an example of this- I got a job right out of college working for the Tribune company in Chicago. I loved Chicago, I still visit there and sometimes wish I still lived there, but I ended up moving back here becuase I missed a ton of things about it. So people can say all they want about NE Ohio, but the people who were born and raised here actually like it here. You will also find that people who are relocated here end up really enjoying it. The weather sucks, but the rest ain't all that bad.

This is just like Houston. One of the only differences between Houston and Cleveland is that Houston is actually growing.

Cleveland Steamer
05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Since last night I was with a new girl I'm seeing...

You're going to need to explain this concept a little more. It exceeds the realm of experience for DrHouse and Lakaluva far too much for them to understand.

Cleveland Steamer
05-21-2009, 01:58 PM
You right about this one. I have no idea why he would take a bitch hes never fucked to a playoff game. To the movies, I understand, to have drinks, sure, but to a fucking playoff game... FUCK NO!!!

But I guess you understand that logic perfectly.

Don't be jealous bra. Get out there and work your game instead of trolling Spurtalk every Saturday night!

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 02:05 PM
a bitch hes never fucked

I never said that.

Let's make a long story short and say that when you go out with a girl who is trying to prove that she isn't a slut because of what happened a couple weeks ago. It's easier to get things done on a Saturday night at 3:00 in the morning than a night in the middle of the week when she is trying to prove she isn't a slut and she is GF material.

jag
05-21-2009, 03:01 PM

People usually find a sentimental place in their heart for a city they've lived in for extended periods of time. You're heart is obviously broken, but i'm not going to shit in your hand and call it a Tootsie Roll...Cleveland is a tragic and depressing part of America.

This is just like Houston. One of the only differences between Houston and Cleveland is that Houston is actually growing.

I would compare post-Katrina Houston to Somalia...and i'd be pretty darn close.

jag
05-21-2009, 03:03 PM
I never said that.

Let's make a long story short and say that when you go out with a girl who is trying to prove that she isn't a slut because of what happened a couple weeks ago. It's easier to get things done on a Saturday night at 3:00 in the morning than a night in the middle of the week when she is trying to prove she isn't a slut and she is GF material.

Girls who are trying to prove they aren't sluts......are sluts.

LnGrrrR
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM

Well, to me, baseball came first. I was born in 1981, so I was almost too young to remember the GOOD Celtics teams. I mostly remember the cruddy ones.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 03:12 PM
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4471/thisisanepicthreadoj6.png

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 03:13 PM
This is like the official "It's ok, Dan. I've been through some pretty shitty sports situations, too." thread.

LnGrrrR
05-21-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't know if I've cried about any sports-related event, but I remember being deployed in UAE and waking up two days after the SB Pats loss after tossing and turning, and my first thought was, "If only Asante had caught that int that went right through his hands..."

I don't get sad; I just get pissed the rest of the night. This occurs for playoff games and losses to Colts, and sometimes losses to the Yankees, Lakers and/or the Habs.

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't know if I've cried about any sports-related event, but I remember being deployed in UAE and waking up two days after the SB Pats loss after tossing and turning, and my first thought was, "If only Asante had caught that int that went right through his hands..."

I don't get sad; I just get pissed the rest of the night. This occurs for playoff games and losses to Colts, and sometimes losses to the Yankees, Lakers and/or the Habs.

You have no idea how many times I've said "If only Al Davis never traded away Jon Gruden". It just makes me so sad knowing that Rich Gannon and Tim Brown didn't win a ring.

Tim Brown >> Micheal Irvin

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Well, to me, baseball came first. I was born in 1981, so I was almost too young to remember the GOOD Celtics teams. I mostly remember the cruddy ones.

Gotcha. Sometimes I forget that I'm one of the older posters here. I remember those great Celtics teams all too well.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Girls who are trying to prove they aren't sluts......are sluts.

I realize that. I went to a school that is notorious for good looking women that happen to be easy. I met this chick in question couple weeks ago, met up with her at a bar a couple weeks ago, one thing let to another and with the help of red wine I was getting the old "I don't know if that should of happened last night" thing on Sunday afternoon. Now she was trying to play the "I'm not going to fuck you" card to prove she isn't easy- but that is the main reason I invited her to the game in the first place

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 03:34 PM
This is like the official "It's ok, Dan. I've been through some pretty shitty sports situations, too." thread.
LOL..that's perfect IM..absolutely perfect.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 03:46 PM
LOL..that's perfect IM..absolutely perfect.

Last night wasn't even that bad though. They lost a game to a team that won 59 games. The Magic were lights out and the Cavs couldn't hit anything. It's not that bad. I just made the thread because everyone feels the need to call me out for not being on here right away after a loss. Same shit happened after the Lakers game. I normally only post here when I'm at work, and I normally don't avoid the board after a loss- I'm not Dr House. I don't live and die by my team that I get that upset after a loss and the stories I shared in here are the reasons why I don't anymore.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Last night wasn't even that bad though. They lost a game to a team that won 59 games. The Magic were lights out and the Cavs couldn't hit anything. It's not that bad. I just made the thread because everyone feels the need to call me out for not being on here right away after a loss. Same shit happened after the Lakers game. I normally only post here when I'm at work, and I normally don't avoid the board after a loss- I'm not Dr House. I don't live and die by my team that I get that upset after a loss and the stories I shared in here are the reasons why I don't anymore.
I know...I actually picked Orlando to win this series. They just cause way too many matchup problems for Cleveland. People laughed at me...well..some people...but I just knew it was going to be REALLY hard for Cleveland. They lost 2 games to Orlando this year, and the one they won could have gone either way. This will be a battle.

sook
05-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Thunder Dan is a liar.

sook
05-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't believe a word he said.

Thunder Dan
05-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't believe a word he said.

what part?

GuerillaBlack
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I would compare post-Katrina Houston to Somalia...and i'd be pretty darn close.

Cool.

florige
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I have NEVER shed one tear about any of my teams losing. I remember in 06 I think it was here in Baltimore when the Colts came to town and whupped our ass in the Divisional playoff. I remember looking around the stadium seeing people in their seats crying. I remember thinking to myself wtf? But the media here hyped that game up SO MUCH that the Colts were coming back to town you would had thought that we were hosting the Super Bowl and we were actually in it. I remember them printing these t-shirts that read "Beat Indy". All that crap backfired right in our faces. Fans here had a false hope of security after we got a washed up McNair here who couldn't throw the ball 20 yards down the field anymore. But even that was better than what we had in Boller for 5 years. I had a really bad feeling about that game anyway because that season even though we had a 13-3 record, we really hadn't played anybody, and we got lucky that season when we came back and beat San Diego at home. I was ALOT more devastated when we lost to Dallas at home after Manu fouled Dirk than at that Ravens loss.
I do remember though shedding a tear or two when they finally euthanized Barbaro ...:depressed I was pulling hard for that damn horse.

KidCongo
05-22-2009, 04:39 AM
I cried when my Canterbury Bulldogs got ass whooped in the 1998 grand final. I was 7 at the time. Then I cried over them again in 2002 (more in anger) when they breached the salary cap and went from top of the ladder by about 6 wins (in a 22 game-a-season fixture)
to wooden spooners and all the records they set got discarded. To top that 2002 season off the team I hated won the grand final which we woulda flogged them in.

This is Rugby league btw, you would never of heard of it unless your British, New Zealander or Aussie.

France B-boy
05-22-2009, 05:19 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/drink.gif

Double-Up
05-22-2009, 08:11 AM
This is the saddest thread I've read in awhile...it almost belongs in The Club. You can't get laid, your favorite team choked, again, and you live in The Mistake by the Lake. I want to tell our that things will get better...but that might be a lie.

If you leapt from a tall building I wouldn't blame you...but as one of the few acquaintances you actually have (internets or not), I urge you not to.

I can't disagree, ThunderDan is a fool. Period. I can't believe i'm even wasting time out of my life to post this known fact.