PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Fans: Who do we want to win?

TheMACHINE
05-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Orlando or Cavs?

I'm pretty torn about this. Tehre are so many Pro's and Cons:

Orlando Wins:
-We get Home Court Advantage
-We don't match up well
-We cant defend the 3
-They've swept us in the regular season
-Live by the 3, die by the 3

Cavs Wins:
-We match up well
-They got Lebron
-We swept them in the regular season
-not too good with great teams
-They have Home Court Advantage
-They have good defense

Most of the signs point to wanting the Cavs to win, but HCA feels like such a big factor. Your take?

Allanon
05-21-2009, 09:42 AM
How can you be torn about this? Cavaliers all the way. For LeBron, the Lakers have Kobe. Everything else is a mismatch for the Cavs. As for HCA, the Lakers have won there without Bynum.

Dho is too strong for Pau and Bynum. They have 4 starters that can shoot the 3 and a boatload of 3pt shooters off the bench. The Magic scare the hell out of me and I can't afford to get a dog.

TheMACHINE
05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
ur right...but hca would be nice

KSeal
05-21-2009, 09:46 AM
LMAO @ you guys acting as if the Lakers are already in the finals. Nuggets are a really really good team and probably should be up 1-0 right now. Fuck the finals I just want a win tonight!

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Obviously not a Lake Show fan, but I can answer this easy enough. You don't want Orlando to win this series. HCA is nice, but it really doesn't matter much with this Orlando team. In the last two seasons they're 57-25 at home and 54-28 on the road- a negligible difference. Last year they actually had a better road record (27-14) than home record (25-16.) When they're hitting their shots, it doesn't matter where they're playing. Likewise if they're missing their shots. Their style of play basically cancels out the venue.

Dewey Howard would destroy L.A.'s frontcourt. Sorry, but that's what would happen. Bynum will pile up fouls against him. Pao is too soft. Odom isn't strong enough. From what I've seen, the only two centers in this league that consistently frustrate Dewey are Yao and Kendrick Perkins. No one else can hang.

And we all know about L.A.'s problems guarding the three-point line.

Orlando caught a huge break when Garnett and Powe went down for Boston. But they did, the Celtics got beat, and there is no one left who can really match up with them. That includes the Lake Show.

TheMACHINE
05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Obviously not a Lake Show fan, but I can answer this easy enough. You don't want Orlando to win this series. HCA is nice, but it really doesn't matter much with this Orlando team. In the last two seasons they're 57-25 at home and 54-28 on the road- a negligible difference. Last year they actually had a better road record (27-14) than home record (25-16.) When they're hitting their shots, it doesn't matter where they're playing. Likewise if they're missing their shots. Their style of play basically cancels out the venue.

Dewey Howard would destroy L.A.'s frontcourt. Sorry, but that's what would happen. Bynum will pile up fouls against him. Pao is too soft. Odom isn't strong enough. From what I've seen, the only two centers in this league that consistently frustrate Dewey are Yao and Kendrick Perkins. No one else can hang.

Orlando caught a huge break when Garnett and Powe went down for Boston. But they did, the Celtics got beat, and there is no one left who can really match up with them. That includes the Lake Show.

i would agree.

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Another thing: Orlando's biggest weakness going into the postseason was mental, the toughness and the wherewithall to overcome adversity, close out winnable games, what-have-you. They crossed that hurdle when they came back against Boston. Now you're dealing with a team that not only is completely unguardable when shooting well and when Dewey is in his spots, but has the confidence to beat any team, in any building, in any situation. That is bad news.

Allanon
05-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Yup, the Magic are a stronger, better 3 point shooting Lakers team. I just hope the Cavs can take them out. And worst case scenario, take it to 7 games.

Those 3 point shooters would kill the Lakers when they have DHo in the paint.

turiaf for president
05-21-2009, 10:15 AM
id rather play the cavs. we suck at defending the three and hate to admit but are soft in the middle. those are the 2 strengths of the magic. they say regular season means squat and i agree to a certain point, but lakers are 2-0 against cavs and 0-2 vs magic. that being said, cavs have lebron. period. best case senario, lakers in in 5 and cavs magic go to game 7

Allanon
05-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Machine, you failed, my man.

Should have left the votes/voters visible :)

JamStone
05-27-2009, 10:37 AM
How can you be torn about this? Cavaliers all the way. For LeBron, the Lakers have Kobe. Everything else is a mismatch for the Cavs. As for HCA, the Lakers have won there without Bynum.

Dho is too strong for Pau and Bynum. They have 4 starters that can shoot the 3 and a boatload of 3pt shooters off the bench. The Magic scare the hell out of me and I can't afford to get a dog.

No concessions.

JamStone
05-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Yup, the Magic are a stronger, better 3 point shooting Lakers team. I just hope the Cavs can take them out. And worst case scenario, take it to 7 games.

Those 3 point shooters would kill the Lakers when they have DHo in the paint.

No concessions X2.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 10:39 AM
No concessions X2.

No concessions. Learn to read.

ginobili's bald spot
05-27-2009, 10:41 AM

That sums it up nicely. 0-2 vs 2-0... Not a hard decision.

JamStone
05-27-2009, 10:45 AM
I read these posts this a week ago:

"Those 3 point shooters would kill the Lakers when they have DHo in the paint."

"Dho is too strong for Pau and Bynum. They have 4 starters that can shoot the 3 and a boatload of 3pt shooters off the bench."

"The Magic scare the hell out of me."

And, now I read that you say the match-ups are different from the regular season but make no mention of how the Magic and their match-ups scare you.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 10:58 AM
I read these posts this a week ago:

"Those 3 point shooters would kill the Lakers when they have DHo in the paint."

"Dho is too strong for Pau and Bynum. They have 4 starters that can shoot the 3 and a boatload of 3pt shooters off the bench."

"The Magic scare the hell out of me."

And, now I read that you say the match-ups are different from the regular season but make no mention of how the Magic and their match-ups scare you.

None of which is conceding defeat. Please learn to read.

I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't afraid of the Magic; they match up much better against the Lakers than the Cavs. The Lakers would be in serious trouble if Jameer wuz there; but he's not.

But conceding beforehand? Nope, sorry to disappoint you but I didn't say it. I'll leave that downer talk to Piston fan.

JamStone
05-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I can read fine. You don't have to explicitly concede to understand what you were suggesting a week ago. It's pretty clear you thought the Magic would beat the Lakers back then. Now that it appears the Lakers could actually face the Magic in the Finals, you talked about the Magic missing Jameer Nelson. Just saying.

WTF you talking about Joe? I don't no part of them Magic. You fellas better beat their ass.

Go CAVALIERS!!!!

Allanon
05-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I can read fine. You don't have to explicitly concede to understand what you were suggesting a week ago. It's pretty clear you thought the Magic would beat the Lakers back then. Now that it appears the Lakers could actually face the Magic in the Finals, you talked about the Magic missing Jameer Nelson. Just saying.

Reading, no. Jumping to conclusions, Jammy, just your speed.

Magic do scare the hell out of me. I much prefer the Cavs matchup.

Fact remains, I didn't concede defeat.

IronMexican
05-27-2009, 11:30 AM
If the Lakers play their game, it doesn't really matter who they play.

RedsLakers24
05-27-2009, 12:44 PM
WTF We are still playing Denver and we might loose if Anyone other than Kobe show up to play

kamikazi_player
05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
If the Lakers play their game, it doesn't really matter who they play.
I likey your sig

Spurlady
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
I think you laker fans are getting a bit ahead of yourselves. You are tied 2-2 with Denver and could easily be down 3-1 if Denver hadn't squandered that first game. I'd be more worried about getting past Denver before you worry about the EC opponent. Whatever happens I be cheering for your opponent.

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I think you laker fans are getting a bit ahead of yourselves. You are tied 2-2 with Denver and could easily be down 3-1 if Denver hadn't squandered that first game. I'd be more worried about getting past Denver before you worry about the EC opponent. Whatever happens I be cheering for your opponent.

of course you would. I also wouldnt cheer for the team that elimated us a few times this decade.