PDA

View Full Version : Was That Mean? Or Just a Moment?

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 12:23 PM
So, I posted in stretch's "loud ass co-worker" thread about the suite next door to me's new office manager...she's acused me of "eavesdropping" on their conversations. In response I've blasted bad 90s music. So, now she's just about on the edge with me. I'm on good terms with her employees. Love them to death. She hardly talks me...only when she needs something from me.

So, she comes in...while I'm on the phone with one of my clients and says, "Exuse me?" I was like "Umm..I'm on the phone with a client can I come back to you?"

"No...this is important..."

So I step out of the office after hanging up the phone.

"Are you pregnant?" I looked confused because ummm..negative.

"I need to know they're going to spray for fleas soon."

"No." I turned around and headed back to the office. My music was low at this point, and not bad..it was some Tinted Windows (umm Taylor Hanson is still
hot!)

So, I go back to work with my music low. I hear her setting up an appointment for them to spray for fleas. She's like "How about 6 tomorrow?"

"That sounds good," responded the flea guy.

I couldn't not listen to that. My schedule is 9am-7pm and I'm not about to leave early on a 3 days weekend and have to make it up over the weekend (that's how it goes here...leave early make it up on the weekend).

I headed over there and asked the flea guy, "Do we need to be gone?"

The sweet janitor lady, who knows i stay late was sitting there with him looks concerned because she knows I stay late. "I stay late..like until 7. I can't leave early."

So, Office Manager says, "I'm giving you permission to leave early."

She's not my boss...so I kind of snapped, "You may want to e-mail my boss about that."

"No, you should e-mail her." It was pretty tense at that point. I sighed and responded, "It wasn't my decision to have them spray for fleas." and left.

Sarcasm police: We didn't have fleas until she showed up.

I turned up my music and closed my door a bit. A few minutes later she hollered at me, "Don't worry..you can stay late..they'll spray on Saturday."

I won the battle...but I felt like a major bitch. So much so that a few minutes later I went over and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a bitch."

Was that a bitch move, was I standing up for myself, or what? I've never done anything like that before. I think about it but I never actually do it.

bus driver
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
i would not have told her sorry....

marini martini
05-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Ash, you apoligized??? WTF???

I thought the holding back the "repo files" was far more bitchier!!!:toast

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 12:29 PM

That's what I was thinking. But she's just so mean. It would have made an even more tense situation more tense if I hadn't said anything.

I'm just too nice.

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh yes. This winner: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3410584&postcount=2647

Oh, and i've also told her that she cusses too much. She says "shit, bullshit, and God Damnit..." all the time. Not a problem if it's just a few people..but I have clients coming in and out all the time that can hear her. And it's not how my office acts. It's her office.

bus driver
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
That's what I was thinking. But she's just so mean. It would have made an even more tense situation more tense if I hadn't said anything.

I'm just too nice.

the lady gave you all fleas!!

Viva Las Espuelas
05-21-2009, 12:39 PM
So, I posted in stretch's "loud ass co-worker" thread about the suite next door to me's new office manager...she's acused me of "eavesdropping" on their conversations. In response I've blasted bad 90s music. So, now she's just about on the edge with me. I'm on good terms with her employees. Love them to death. She hardly talks me...only when she needs something from me.

So, she comes in...while I'm on the phone with one of my clients and says, "Exuse me?" I was like "Umm..I'm on the phone with a client can I come back to you?"

"No...this is important..."

So I step out of the office after hanging up the phone.

"Are you pregnant?" I looked confused because ummm..negative.

"I need to know they're going to spray for fleas soon."

"No." I turned around and headed back to the office. My music was low at this point, and not bad..it was some Tinted Windows (umm Taylor Hanson is still
hot!)

So, I go back to work with my music low. I hear her setting up an appointment for them to spray for fleas. She's like "How about 6 tomorrow?"

"That sounds good," responded the flea guy.

I couldn't not listen to that. My schedule is 9am-7pm and I'm not about to leave early on a 3 days weekend and have to make it up over the weekend (that's how it goes here...leave early make it up on the weekend).

I headed over there and asked the flea guy, "Do we need to be gone?"

The sweet janitor lady, who knows i stay late was sitting there with him looks concerned because she knows I stay late. "I stay late..like until 7. I can't leave early."

So, Office Manager says, "I'm giving you permission to leave early."

She's not my boss...so I kind of snapped, "You may want to e-mail my boss about that."

"No, you should e-mail her." It was pretty tense at that point. I sighed and responded, "It wasn't my decision to have them spray for fleas." and left.

Sarcasm police: We didn't have fleas until she showed up.

I turned up my music and closed my door a bit. A few minutes later she hollered at me, "Don't worry..you can stay late..they'll spray on Saturday."

I won the battle...but I felt like a major bitch. So much so that a few minutes later I went over and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a bitch."

Was that a bitch move, was I standing up for myself, or what? I've never done anything like that before. I think about it but I never actually do it.
you must be catholic

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 12:52 PM
you must be catholic

haha. no. Methodist.

BacktoBasics
05-21-2009, 12:52 PM
I had trouble following your story.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-21-2009, 12:53 PM
haha. no. Methodist.
same thing. just a different color bathrobe.

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 12:54 PM
I had trouble following your story.

You of all people had trouble following a story?

BacktoBasics
05-21-2009, 01:08 PM
You of all people had trouble following a story?
I'm telling you...it was all over the place. All I could do was picture you gyrating around like a pissed off black lady. Boobs flying everywhere...and some bitch called you fat by assuming you might be preggo. I just couldn't settle in to this one, sorry. Thank god I didn't bring the popcorn.

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm telling you...it was all over the place. All I could do was picture you gyrating around like a pissed off black lady. Boobs flying everywhere...and some bitch called you fat by assuming you might be preggo. I just couldn't settle in to this one, sorry. Thank god I didn't bring the popcorn.

:lmao I wasn't pissed about the pregnant comment at all. It was a fair question.

It was the fact that she assumed that it was alright to have them fumigate at 6 pm. She knows I'm the first one here and the last one to leave.

And then my real question was...should I have apologized for acting so bitchy?

BacktoBasics
05-21-2009, 01:18 PM
:lmao I wasn't pissed about the pregnant comment at all. It was a fair question.

It was the fact that she assumed that it was alright to have them fumigate at 6 pm. She knows I'm the first one here and the last one to leave.

And then my real question was...should I have apologized for acting so bitchy?Now thats a post I can follow.

No need to apologize. Unless apologizing consists of boob shots in my PM box.

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Now thats a post I can follow.

No need to apologize. Unless apologizing consists of boob shots in my PM box.

:rolleyes

koriwhat
05-21-2009, 01:29 PM
We didn't have fleas until she showed up.

that's what happens when you feed bitches... they stick around and bring the fleas.

BacktoBasics
05-21-2009, 01:32 PM
:rolleyesSee now thats rude. I'll wait for my apology.

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 01:33 PM
See now thats rude. I'll wait for my apology.

Argh! haha. You still aren't getting anything from me.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't even understand what you did that was bitchy. :wtf

mexicanjunior
05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't have apologized...you showed her how quickly you backtrack with that one...

BacktoBasics
05-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't even understand what you did that was bitchy. :wtfSee I'm not the only one confused.

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 02:59 PM
I don't even understand what you did that was bitchy. :wtf

Darn it. I guess this thread failed on so many levels. Anyway. I was just trying to stand up for myself.

She thought I was being a bitch by saying that I had to be here later then them and asking her to e-mail my boss to see if I could leave early.

Bender
05-21-2009, 03:04 PM
yeah, you had the Upper Hand. The hand is big...

MiamiHeat
05-21-2009, 03:05 PM
You APOLOGIZED?!??!

wow. would be nice if you could take that apology back. the person is mean to you, is a prick to you, and you apologize.

ashbeeigh
05-21-2009, 03:09 PM
And I'm seeing now that y'all don't think I was being a bitch. That's what I wanted to know.

MiamiHeat
05-21-2009, 03:11 PM
and no, the pregnant question is not a fair question.

She should have said "Are you pregnant? Need to know because we are having people over to fumigate for fleas"

or something along those lines. You don't just randomly out of nowhere ask that question without an explanation. You don't just ask people personal questions like that without an explanation. You could have thought she was insulting you about weight, that you look fat, etc.

oh

and who does she think she is to 'give you permission'

She isn't your boss. What the hell? lol.

If I was in your position ash, I'd just write the person off as an weird person with a serious lack of manners and etiquette. Don't get involved emotionally and ignore their antics.

But sure as hell don't apologize.

marini martini
05-21-2009, 04:21 PM
You were half a bitch, since you apologized! :(

Kriz-Maxima
05-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Your only mistake was the apology, up until that point all you said or asked for was fair.

You can't be apologizing to people like that, especially if you have done nothing wrong, they will try to walk all over you.

clambake
05-21-2009, 07:14 PM
you shoulda kicked her in the nuts.

marini martini
05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Your only mistake was the apology, up until that point all you said or asked for was fair.

You can't be apologizing to people like that, especially if you have done nothing wrong, they will try to walk all over you.

+1000

:toast

pkbpkb81
05-21-2009, 08:48 PM
:

should I have apologized for acting so bitchy?

no you dident do anything wrong. good for you for standing up for yourself

ashbeeigh
05-26-2009, 12:18 PM
So update: The flea guys are coming tomorrow around 7pm..as planned.

I was walking back to the office from the restroom and the sweet janitor was walking past me. She goes, "I can't believe how nasty she was!"

I was like :elephant