PDA

View Full Version : Lakers/rox fans. Would you trade Battier for Odom (vice versa)

RsxPiimp
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
yay or nay

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
i dont think either one would cause the loss is bigger than the gain

Allanon
05-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Hell No!!!

Odom is a great post and help defender. You don't hear much of Odom as a defender but his versatility let's him switch off on pick and rolls and guard any player from a SG to a Center.

L07 can grab a rebound, run the floor and dunk it in 5 seconds or less..find me another Big man that can do that.

Plus he brings style and character to the Lakers

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/poctnuf1letv2ev81mep.jpg

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/7rnukai9ue3gn551m5i8.jpg

djohn2oo8
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
HELL NO!!!! Odom can't even guard Scola!!!

Rogue
05-21-2009, 08:15 PM
HELL NO!!!! Odom can't even guard Scola!!!
Your brief post just figured out the gold of this point, consciously or not... Odom is definitely more functional weapon in offense and his defensive work is also pretty good, but I would still select Shane Battier over Odom.

It's really not very easy to find a player willing to sacrifice his own stats for that of his team, Battier is just that kind of player, so is Bruce Bowen. Odom's contributions in offense can never match up what Shane does on the defensive end, and I don't think that seal will accept 6m/yr same as battier earns.

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Well you either trade Artest or Battier, there is no point in keeping both IMHO.

Especially if Artest wants money.

21_Blessings
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Odom is a great post and help defender. You don't hear much of Odom as a defender but his versatility let's him switch off on pick and rolls and guard any player from a SG to a Center.

Odom is not a 'great' post defender. I've seen Mervin Ely drop career highs on Odom in the post.

Odom is an above average help defender at best due to his length. But he's very slow rotating sometimes and is not a very good weakside shotblocker

Odom is decent at the P/R and guarding soft jumpshooting PFs.

robbie380
05-21-2009, 08:35 PM
odumb is a cunt....so no.

Bob Lanier
05-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Neither team would improve.

Allanon
05-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Odom is not a 'great' post defender. I've seen Mervin Ely drop career highs on Odom in the post.

Odom is an above average help defender at best due to his length. But he's very slow rotating sometimes and is not a very good weakside shotblocker

Odom is decent at the P/R and guarding soft jumpshooting PFs.

The Lakers would be in serious trouble if Odom wasn't here.

Odom's the only good defender of all the Laker bigs. Having Josh Powell and Pau Gasol on the court at the same time is the worst defensive bigman frontline in the NBA.

Pau's great for offense but his defense sucks.

21_Blessings
05-21-2009, 09:16 PM
The Lakers would be in serious trouble if Odom wasn't here.

Odom's the only good defender of all the Laker bigs. Having Josh Powell and Pau Gasol on the court at the same time is the worst defensive bigman frontline in the NBA.

Pau's great for offense but his defense sucks.

Bynum is easily a better defender than Odom. Lamar is more versatile but sucks shit at post defense and defending the paint.

I just took issue with the word 'great', a word which should never be mentioned when it comes to Lamar's defense.

DDS4
05-21-2009, 09:25 PM
If I'm a Lakers fan/mgmt, I'd swap for Battier. Odom has his inconsistencies. One day he'll be monster, another day you don't even notice he played.

I can't imagine any 2 or 3 having a good game vs. an Ariza/Battier combo.

Ghazi
05-21-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.82games.com/0809/ONSORT5.HTM

stats dont lie!

21_Blessings
05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
If I'm a Lakers fan/mgmt, I'd swap for Battier. Odom has his inconsistencies. One day he'll be monster, another day you don't even notice he played.

I can't imagine any 2 or 3 having a good game vs. an Ariza/Battier combo.

Battier is old and the Lakers don't have a backup PF. Battier is a better man defender than Ariza, but Ariza is the better help/weakside defender by far. So you'll just be splliting their minutes while the Lakers lose front court depth/rebounding. Not worth it unless the Lakers get a Landry or Hayes back in the deal.

R4R
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I like Lamar Odom...on any team but the Rockets.

Roxsfan
05-21-2009, 10:57 PM
No

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes

Caltex2
05-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Hell to tha Nizzo! Battier is not the greatest player but he is a leader, something this team has lackec in the "T-Mac-Yao" era.