PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets 106, Lakers 103

SpursDynasty
05-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I won't say much here because there isn't much to say. All I will say is good job Nuggets. They just went out and did what they had to do...the Nuggets are the favorites in this series and have showed us in Game 1 and 2 why they are the favorites. They're just beating and outplaying a team that they're supposed to beat and outplay. No trolling..no trash talking...nothing personal against the Lakers..this isn't about Spurs fans rooting for whoever plays the Lakers, etc...it's about giving props to a team that just went out there and took care of business, no big surprises here in this game tonight. It makes sense to have Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and Fisher on the floor in the game's critical moments, but Trevor Ariza? I thought Phil Jackson was smarter than that. Trevor Ariza hasn't done anything to earn time on the floor during crucial moments. Yeah, he makes a couple of open shots when Kobe draws attention, then they'll show Ariza and he'll have some serious look on his face as if he's a veteran making a shot that he's supposed to make..when in reality it's just a BS shot and a case of him being in the right place at the right time. Denver should be up 2-0 right now, but they'll take a split in LA.

It's good that Denver has Chauncey Billups as its leader. This is a guy who looks past the BS media hype over the Lakers. In 2004, he led the Pistons over the most overrated team in NBA history. It wasn't an upset, the Pistons just beat a team they were supposed to beat.

Again, no trash talking here, just giving props to a team that deserves its props for just going out there and taking care of business.

flipcritic
05-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Like clockwork.

lil_penny
05-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Gold

Banzai
05-21-2009, 11:00 PM
SD I thought you were going into exile for awhile? Couldn't stay away?

Ditty
nuggets are better than the lakers

endrity
Dude, you lost the bet, go away!

TheProfessor
05-21-2009, 11:01 PM
SD I thought you were going into exile for awhile? Couldn't stay away?
There's just too much good material.

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
he lost the bet didnt he? i guess Orlando forced him to come back

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Nice win, but I can't help but wonder what it will come to. To beat PJ, you have to do the incredible, and the Nuggets had a chance of a lifetime to go up 2-0, and they blew it. The only chance the Nuggets really have is to make this a short series.

You don't miss opportunities like that against the Lakers and expect to come out on top in a playoff series. I still think the Lakes will prevail.

peskypesky
yes!

j-money24
No life.

spursfaninla
05-21-2009, 11:21 PM
I would like for Denver to prevail, and Billups gives them a legit chance because he is super-clutch and adds that toughness and intelligence they lacked.

I think they would have won the series if they stole both in LA, but as it is I think Denver has shown they are for real and will either win this in 6 or go down in 7 in a tough series. Either way, it will be a tough road to the finals for a LA team that was supposed to dominate.

mavs>spurs2
05-21-2009, 11:26 PM
hi timvp

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
"I think this is going to be a long series," Denver coach George Karl said.

You better hope not, George. Do you think the Nuggets can beat the Lakers at home in a game 7? No way.