PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are done.

benefactor
05-21-2009, 10:55 PM
I have said it from the jump...if the Nuggets got the split they would win the series. Therefore it is over. Nuggets in 6.

Ditty
05-21-2009, 11:02 PM
:toast

YellowFever
05-21-2009, 11:03 PM
They're not done yet.

They will be if Fisher gets more than 15 minutes th next couple of games.

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 11:07 PM
if kleiza comes in and plays like that for the next 4 games you may be right. thats why i would say no

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Lol, one game and they are done? Doubtful. This team just needs to show some heart, and have Bynum out there in the 4th.

TampaDude
05-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Lakers are damn lucky not to be down 2-0 right now. Nuggets in 6.

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 11:10 PM
If you say that LA is lucky to not be down 0-2, can't you say the same thing about the Nuggets? That's just a dumb logic.

Amaso
Lakers are still going to win the series only because of Kobe's greatness. The frustrating this about this entire thing is that the only guy that's playing with any heart out there is Trevor Ariza. Phil Jackson is a complete moron keeping Fisher in for so fucking long, not to mention playing Bynum for 4 minutes in the 2nd half.

peskypesky
series isn't over. not even close. only a dumbass would say that.

SouthTexasRancher

Damn straight. The Nuggets are about to go up 3-1 now that the next two games are in Denver.

TheMACHINE
05-21-2009, 11:11 PM
not done..but got alot more interesting.

TampaDude
05-21-2009, 11:11 PM
If you say that LA is lucky to not be down 0-2, can't you say the same thing about the Nuggets? That's just a dumb logic.

No, it's not. The first two games were in LA. The clue phone is ringing...it's for you. :lol

Cry Havoc
05-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Lol, one game and they are done? Doubtful. This team just needs to show some heart, and have Bynum out there in the 4th.

Agreed. This series is just getting started.

Ghazi
05-21-2009, 11:14 PM
This board is so annoying.

Everyone fucking knee jerks!

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Yep the Lakers are done, Nuggets in 5. :toast

DPG21920
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM

How many times have you said that? How many tries do they get?

The Nuggets missed a lot of free throws and had a huge lead going into the 4th in game 1. Game 2 it was tied or a 1 point game going into the 4th. The Nuggets were on the road and gave themselves a chance to win both games. Not the same logic.

ElNono
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Too early to tell. In all honesty, this game could have gone either way. But the lack of heart from some players is kinda of sad.
And giving up HCA so much is going to bit you in the ass at some point.

SouthTexasRancher
05-21-2009, 11:16 PM

Ghazi, I'm really pulling for your Mavs to win it all this season!!! :lol:lol:rollin:lol:lol

NewJerSpur
05-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Denver wasn't really great on offense outside of Chauncey, Kleiza, and Melo....but they ABUSED L.A. with those offensive put-backs.

poop
05-21-2009, 11:19 PM
i hope denver can win in 6 but i certainly wouldnt be surprised to see LA win in denver next.

TheProfessor
05-21-2009, 11:22 PM
See, this is just as silly as DrHouse's thread. No one is "done." They're both good teams and this will go 6 or 7. It can go either way.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Lakers will get blown out in game three just like 2004 all over. Billups and four othe guys doing it to ya.

TampaDude
05-21-2009, 11:27 PM
So is Denver.

Dude...the first two games were in LA...the next two are in Denver, where the Nuggets have won 16 games in a row...there is the highest probability that this series will return to LA with the Nuggets up 3-1.

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Dude...the first two games were in LA...the next two are in Denver, where the Nuggets have won 16 games in a row...there is the highest probability that this series will return to LA with the Nuggets up 3-1.

if denver was able to get road calls then i imagine the lakers will do the same. its not like they will dominate by 20 ft at their place

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 11:38 PM

You know that Cavs had went 39-2 at home in the regular season, and 4-0 in the playoffs at home until yesterday?

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-21-2009, 11:39 PM
You know that Cavs had went 39-2 at home in the regular season, and 4-0 in the playoffs at home until yesterday?

that is very tru

ducks
05-21-2009, 11:40 PM
that is very tru

you do realize the teams that cavs played in the playoffs so far tell yesterday if they were in the west they would not have made the playoffs

ezau
05-21-2009, 11:42 PM
To lose a game like this when you basically outplayed the other team for most of the game is just crushing to a team's confidence. They had no business losing with the way they were playing, shutting down the Laker's interior and dominating the paint on offense. The refs were good to them as well giving them the decisive advantage at the line.

IMHO DEN will not recover from this.

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 11:44 PM
you do realize the teams that cavs played in the playoffs so far tell yesterday if they were in the west they would not have made the playoffs

the rockets could sweep that hawks team

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Looks like it might be a tight series, and that favors the Lakers I believe. Nuggets needed to get the split, but they blew the best chance they had for winning the series by letting game 1 slip through their fingers. You gotta be flawless against PJ.

Banzai
05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
that is very tru

sorry about before..I was upset.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-21-2009, 11:53 PM
sorry about before..I was upset.

its all good son, its all in good fun. just shit talking. i expect it and more if Cavs lose tomorrow....

Banzai
05-21-2009, 11:56 PM
its all good son, its all in good fun. just shit talking. i expect it and more if Cavs lose tomorrow....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/Whatwhat3.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4043)http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/93061-thumbs20up20monkey3.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4054)

jmanu20
05-22-2009, 01:04 AM
So is Denver.

Denver beat themselves in game 1 missing 12 throws, particularly the 3 misses by Billups, which would have meant Denver win by 1 had he made all 3.

Game 2, LA had like a 14 point lead and Denver fought back.

So yeah, LA is lucky not to be down 0-2, and it wouldn't completely shock me to see this series go back to LA as 3-1 Denver.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 01:09 AM
It doesn't matter if you win by 2 or 20. A win is a win.

All of these games will likely be close games that go down to the wire. If you honestly think this series is over after 2 games it shows me you haven't watched much playoff basketball in your life.

The Lakers are the best road team in the NBA for a reason. They will go out and win at least 1 game in DEN before this is done. That I know for sure.

Jeremy
05-22-2009, 01:17 AM
if denver was able to get road calls then i imagine the lakers will do the same. its not like they will dominate by 20 ft at their place

It's not just the calls. Denver is way better at home than on the road due to the mile-high altitude.

iggypop123
05-22-2009, 01:27 AM
It's not just the calls. Denver is way better at home than on the road due to the mile-high altitude.

they dont do back to backs in the playoffs do they? its not like the game where the lakers lost where they got into denver at like 5 am pacific time

SPURSGOAT
05-22-2009, 02:01 AM

Damn right! Nuggs in 6

Gonna be Orlando and Denver in the finals :blah:blah:blah

benefactor
05-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Seriously...they are done. In game one the Nuggets looked like the better team and it took them missing twelve free throws and giving up ten more offensive boards to give the game away. In game two they didn't even arrive at the arena until almost halftime and still won the game. This is not Houston...and LA still looks like the inconsistent team from that series.

You'll be joining us soon. :fishing

quickerblade
05-22-2009, 05:26 AM
can i join the nugget bandwagon...please, outside if bryant, who the fuck can hit a shot??

Mavs<Spurs
05-22-2009, 05:33 AM
Damn straight. The Nuggets are about to go up 3-1 now that the next two games are in Denver.

Yup.

Damn near impossible to beat Denver in Denver.

This thing looks done to me.

Nuggets in 6.

Denver is the better team. I thought that (and so did others here) before the series started and predicted them to win the series. They have the confidence.
And home court in Denver and the altitude plus the confidence plus the importance of these games will mean that Denver is extremely likely to win both games.

LA will go back home down 3-1. And Denver knows that they can beat LA in LA.

Bukefal
05-22-2009, 05:34 AM
I also think they're done here and i hope so. We'll see. :toast But lakers motivation is a bit screwed up by now

benefactor
05-22-2009, 05:36 AM
Oh, and let's not compare the Magic beating the Cavs at home to the Lakers needing to get a win in Denver. The Cavs had 8 days off and had also played 8 games of pretty inferior competition. It's easy to take a loss when you have had several weeks of not even having to put your foot all the way down on the gas. An inconsisent Lakers team are headed into a hostile environment against a team that not only has not lost there since early March, but are winning playoff games by 17.5ppg.

Mavs<Spurs
05-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by IronMexican View Post

LA is not Orlando and Orlando basically owns Cleveland which is at a much lower altitude than Denver.

:nope

Laker Lover!
05-22-2009, 06:48 AM
it doesn't matter if you win by 2 or 20. A win is a win.

All of these games will likely be close games that go down to the wire. If you honestly think this series is over after 2 games it shows me you haven't watched much playoff basketball in your life.

The lakers are the best road team in the nba for a reason. They will go out and win at least 1 game in den before this is done. That i know for sure.

+1

dmac
05-22-2009, 06:53 AM

You're right, the Mavs can still come back.

florige
05-22-2009, 07:14 AM

I've been calling Denver in 6 ever since Yao Ming went down. I just can't see this erratic Laker team beating Denver.

Evil Angel
05-22-2009, 07:29 AM
You know what they say, it's not a series until a road team wins! We got a series now and I don't care if it goes 5, 6 or 7 games as long as that punk ass Kobe and the whole smug team goes down in flames!
I just want to see Kobe cry again...:baby:baby

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n459/phoneguy78063/Crying.jpg

TwinTowers
05-22-2009, 08:21 AM
I've been calling Denver in 6 ever since Yao Ming went down. I just can't see this erratic Laker team beating Denver.

You're right about the Lakers being erratic, but the Nuggets aren't a flawless team either. So far both games could have gone either way, and the remaining ones will continue to go down to the wire. I'm confident in our chances playing on the road against anybody; as erratic as the team has been, it has managed to play good on the road, so so we still have plenty of chances to get HCA back.

Jacko
05-22-2009, 09:41 AM
The Nuggets are far from a flawless team.

All it takes is the refs not giving them the calls they want and they will start to break down.

TampaDude
05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
The Lakers are far from a flawless team.

All it takes is the refs not giving them the calls they want and they will start to break down.

TDomination
05-22-2009, 11:06 AM

Well, I'm sure you will find someone on every board that knee jerks but I agree, it is extremely annoying.

10pt lead in 1st qtr = this is over!
lose a game in the playoffs = that team is done!
win game 1 of a series = sweep!

Red Hawk #21
05-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Let's go outlaws!

IronMexican
05-22-2009, 02:21 PM
+1

:lmao:lmao Nice sig mouse.

Magic Johnson
05-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Lakers in 5

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Lakers in 5
:lmao

Magic Johnson
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
:lmao
How's the fish?

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 02:31 PM
How's the fish?
http://www.foodtv.ca/DMM/S/M/Smoked_Rainbow_Trout_003.jpg
Good...want some?

Spurs 4 The Win
05-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Nuggets in 6. The Nuggets are the more athletic and better all-around team. In game 2 they beat a team they were supposed to beat. It could easily be 2-0. The only thing that can save the Fakers is the COMISH!

The Franchise
05-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Even Phil said the Lakers are a different team at home. If that was the best they could offer, then it will be 3-1 Denver when they return to Staples.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 05:59 PM
The Lakers are also the best road team in the NBA for what it's worth.

That is when they don't play Fisher 28 mpg :lmao

Spurs 4 The Win
05-22-2009, 06:06 PM
The Fakers will lose in 6. They are just going to lose to a team they are supposed to lose to. The road record doesn't mean ANYTHING. These teams are totally different from the regular season and Denver should handily dispose of the heartless Fakers.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 06:53 PM
:lmao yea the Lakers road record has no bearing on how they will do on the road.

Where do you guys come up with this shit?

First it was matchups don't matter and because CLE was playing so well they would dominate ORL. How much dumber can you guys get?

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 06:56 PM
yep..and I picked Denver in 7.

jmanu20
05-22-2009, 07:20 PM
:lmao yea the Lakers road record has no bearing on how they will do on the road.

Where do you guys come up with this shit?

First it was matchups don't matter and because CLE was playing so well they would dominate ORL. How much dumber can you guys get?

Well if you'd like us to agree with you that the Lakers road record is an indication of how they'll do in the rest of the playoffs, at this time they are 2-3 on the road in the playoffs.

And FWIW, Denver hasn't been beaten at the Pepsi Center since March (knock on wood), so that's an indicator of how the Nuggets will play at home :)

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think people realize just how bad a game Phil Jackson coached last night. Usually when you look at the box score and see your team winning in nearly every statistical category and still losing the game it's because of the coaching.

Fisher. 28mpg. 1-9 shooting. Farmar. 6mpg.

Lakers up 13 with 2:40 left in the 1st half. No times called. Nuggets go on a 14-2 run. 13 pt lead is cut to 1pt in a mere 2:40. Wiped out all the good work that was done in the 1st quarter and a half.

Denver goes small in the 3rd. Phil goes small to matchup instead of keeping his bigs in the game. Bynum barely plays in the 2nd half. Lakers lose down the stretch because they can't secure a rebound and can't stop Melo's drives to the basket.

At every stage in the game the Laker's had to overcome Phil's terrible in-game coaching. It's a surprise to me that nobody in the organization has called him out yet, his loyalty to Fisher is going to be the death of this team. The Lakers simply cannot win with Fisher on the floor.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Well if you'd like us to agree with you that the Lakers road record is an indication of how they'll do in the rest of the playoffs, at this time they are 2-3 on the road in the playoffs.

And FWIW, Denver hasn't been beaten at the Pepsi Center since March (knock on wood), so that's an indicator of how the Nuggets will play at home :)

And CLE was 39-2 , won all their home+road playoff games, and lost to the Magic in Game 1.

LAL is a good road team. They have a legitimate chance at winning at least one game there.

jmanu20
05-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't think people realize just how bad a game Phil Jackson coached last night. Usually when you look at the box score and see your team winning in nearly every statistical category and still losing the game it's because of the coaching.

Fisher. 28mpg. 1-9 shooting. Farmar. 6mpg.

Lakers up 13 with 2:40 left in the 1st half. No times called. Nuggets go on a 14-2 run. 13 pt lead is cut to 1pt in a mere 2:40. Wiped out all the good work that was done in the 1st quarter and a half.

Denver goes small in the 3rd. Phil goes small to matchup instead of keeping his bigs in the game. Bynum barely plays in the 2nd half. Lakers lose down the stretch because they can't secure a rebound and can't stop Melo's drives to the basket.

At every stage in the game the Laker's had to overcome Phil's terrible in-game coaching. It's a surprise to me that nobody in the organization has called him out yet, his loyalty to Fisher is going to be the death of this team. The Lakers simply cannot win with Fisher on the floor.

Kind of like Pop's loyalty to Finley and Bonner, lol.

jmanu20
05-22-2009, 07:30 PM
And CLE was 39-2 , won all their home+road playoff games, and lost to the Magic in Game 1.

LAL is a good road team. They have a legitimate chance at winning at least one game there.

When you compare the quality of competition that the Cavs faced in the first two rounds to that which the Lakers faced, you can't put too much stock in that. It's not too big of a shock that the Magic were able to win game 1, CLE finally got a real test.

LA lost once in Utah to a depleted Jazz team and twice in Houston to an even more depleted Rockets team. It's not impossible for LA to get a win in Denver; however, seeing as the Nuggets are both at full strength and 3 missed free throws away from being up 2-0, it will be extremely difficult.

sexinthatsx
05-22-2009, 08:49 PM
denver's pretty good @ home, it's going to be hard for the lakers trying to pull a win. btw, chris anderson plays 10x better at home than on the road

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 08:53 PM
When you compare the quality of competition that the Cavs faced in the first two rounds to that which the Lakers faced, you can't put too much stock in that. It's not too big of a shock that the Magic were able to win game 1, CLE finally got a real test.

LA lost once in Utah to a depleted Jazz team and twice in Houston to an even more depleted Rockets team. It's not impossible for LA to get a win in Denver; however, seeing as the Nuggets are both at full strength and 3 missed free throws away from being up 2-0, it will be extremely difficult.

It's neither impossible nor extremely difficult.

You really don't know what playoff basketball is like.

slowjoe
05-23-2009, 12:38 AM
i know that it right the lakers are done. nuggets in 5 games. i thought kobe bryant was going to cry like a little bitch that he is when they lost game 2 against the denver nuggets.

bresilhac
05-23-2009, 09:34 AM
denver's pretty good @ home, it's going to be hard for the lakers trying to pull a win. btw, chris anderson plays 10x better at home than on the road

I agree. Andersen is tremendous at the Pepsi Center. But the main reason Denver is doing so well is Carmelo. He's dropped 30+ in the last five games and the Lakers don't seem to have an answer as to how to slow him down. If he continues this high-level play Los Angeles doesn't have a chance. I predicted Denver in five and I'm sticking to it.

jmanu20
05-23-2009, 12:09 PM
It's neither impossible nor extremely difficult.

You really don't know what playoff basketball is like.

Read my post a little bit more closely....I mentioned it wasn't impossible, but if you don't think the Lakers are going to have a hard time winning in Denver, you haven't watched the Lakers much in this playoffs.

benefactor
05-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Too bad they can't just play the game straight up and not let the ref decide it. I should have known better.

adidas11
05-23-2009, 10:33 PM
I predicted Denver in five and I'm sticking to it.

Owned.

ginobili's bald spot
05-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Too bad they can't just play the game straight up and not let the ref decide it. I should have known better.

Keep crying little bitch. :lol

benefactor
05-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Keep crying little bitch. :lol
:lol