PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys notice....

YellowFever
05-21-2009, 11:02 PM
That Denver was pretty much contained in the first and second halves until.....Fisher came in the game?

The Lakers will never win a ring with fisher as their starting PG.

He adds absolutely nothing and forget about kobe being selfish.

Whenever he comes down the floor for five trips without a shot attempt, he puts up a godawful shot or goes up for a drive which always ends up with his ass on the floor and the other team 3 on 1 or 2 on a fast break at the other end of the floor.

PJ gives so little leeway to Sasha (as he should)..it's just too damn bad that Fisher and Walton gets to stay in the game long enough to give away games.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Fish face is legit......hahaha

Medvedenko
05-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Fish killed us this game. Move on and get ready for the next one.

SouthTexasRancher
05-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Billups is eating Fisher's lunch and spitting it out into Fish's face. Fakerettes about to go down 3-1 to the Denver Nuggets!

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2009, 11:04 PM
lmao @ the last shot

YellowFever
05-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Fish killed us this game. Move on and get ready for the next one.

He almost killed us the last series.

That series would've gone 5 if Fisher stayed suspended.

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
He is done. I really like the dude, too. It sucks, but it is what it is. The PG for LA is not looking good. I don't think Farmar, Brown, nor Fisher are the answer for PG next season. That Hinrich for Odom deal is sounding better and better.

YellowFever
05-21-2009, 11:07 PM
lmao @ the last shot

I just knew Fisher was going to take it...and miss it badly.

I propose Fisher, Sasha, and Walton for Vaughn. :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2009, 11:08 PM
I just knew Fisher was going to take it...and miss it badly.

I propose Fisher, Sasha, and Walton for Vaughn. :lol

As soon as he took it i was llike Really??? Fisher.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Twice he missed those gimmies...and those missed layups resulted in a bucket or a3 by denver.

YellowFever
05-21-2009, 11:10 PM
He is done. I really like the dude, too. It sucks, but it is what it is. The PG for LA is not looking good. I don't think Farmar, Brown, nor Fisher are the answer for PG next season. That Hinrich for Odom deal is sounding better and better.

That's on PJ.

Farmar or Brown makes one mistake and they're out of the game.

It kills their confidence and yes I know you hate Sasha but he's scared out there for fear of being pulled every time he does something dumb.

But Fisher and Walton gets to stay in until they totally neutralize and sort of momentum on Defense.

The Lakers are really not that bad on D.
But tujeir first line of defense alwaysfails them and their interior crumbles right along side.

Fisher will make the opposing guard an all-star.

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 11:12 PM
That's on PJ.

Farmar or Brown makes one mistake and they're out of the game.

It kills their confidence and yes I know you hate Sasha but he's scared out there for fear of being pulled every time he does something dumb.

But Fisher and Walton gets to stay in until they totally neutralize and sort of momentum on Defense.

The Lakers are really not that bad on D.
But tujeir first line of defense alwaysfails them and their interior crumbles right along side.

Fisher will make the opposing guard an all-star.

Sasha scared? I can't tell. Whenever he has the ball, chances are he's shooting. And chances are it barely hits the rim.

Cry Havoc
05-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Lakers fans, not intentionally hating, but wasn't it you guys who suggested that Fish would be fine against Billups because CB isn't a fast point guard? This just isn't a problem with Fish. The Lakers as a team do not play the consistent defense to contain penetration.

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Lakers fans, not intentionally hating, but wasn't it you guys who suggested that Fish would be fine against Billups because CB isn't a fast point guard? This just isn't a problem with Fish. The Lakers as a team do not play the consistent defense to contain penetration.

He's certainly doing better than he did against Brooks. I don't feel Chauncey completely dominated this game, but he did have a very good game. Melo took this one over, and Phil not playing Bynum for some reason.

We will see if Kleiza has another game like that.

YellowFever
Sasha scared? I can't tell. Whenever he has the ball, chances are he's shooting. And chances are it barely hits the rim.

True that.

At least he plays a small mediocum of defense once in awhile.

The starting PG does not.

Ghazi
Billups' offensive game is heavily predicated on acting/flopping

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
He has decent defense, but fouls a lot.

YellowFever
05-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Denver studies the tapes as much as every other team, I bet.

I bet Karl told chauncy.."DRIVE..DRIVE DRIVE....!" after watching the houston series.

Honestly, I have not seen Billups drive so much...and he doesn't when other Lakers guard him.

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 11:18 PM
only reason fish was out there was cause sasha was shut out of the second half. cant hide 2 guys at the same time

scanry
05-21-2009, 11:18 PM
KFC is having a brain fade.. Lakers didn't see the Pistons in the 2005 NBA finals...:lol

Cry Havoc
05-21-2009, 11:20 PM
He's certainly doing better than he did against Brooks. I don't feel Chauncey completely dominated this game, but he did have a very good game. Melo took this one over, and Phil not playing Bynum for some reason.

We will see if Kleiza has another game like that.

It's not just Billups though. Most of the Nuggets are driving into the lane and finding space.

DPG21920
05-21-2009, 11:21 PM
You did not notice this against the Rockets? Fish is really struggling and I have said all year that the pg position was the Lakers biggest weakness.

ElNono
You can blame it on Fish all you want, but the defense has been subpar... Melo beating out Gasoft and Odom for offensive rebounds. Billups driving and getting layups... they need to play a lot better D... two games already when Denver scored way too much...

YellowFever
only reason fish was out there was cause sasha was shut out of the second half. cant hide 2 guys at the same time

This game is purely on PJackson.

Brown was out there and he wasn't that big a factor on offense but his defense wasn't hurting the team.

My wife came running from the other room when I saw Fisher at the scorers table with about 6 minutes left in the game and yelled..."NO!" :lol

YellowFever
05-21-2009, 11:25 PM
You can blame it on Fish all you want, but the defense has been subpar... Melo beating out Gasoft and Odom for offensive rebounds. Billups driving and getting layups... they need to play a lot better D... two games already when Denver scored way too much...

Ahem....

Melo and Nene beat out Gasol and Odom becase they had to constantly try to cover up for Fisher and were out of position and THAT my friend had been the trouble with the Laker' D all season.

Odom and Gasol are far from stellar defensive players.

Why hinder them further by constantly having them cover up for fisher (and Farmar)?

ElNono
05-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Ahem....

Melo and Nene beat out Gasol and Odom becase they had to constantly try to cover up for Fisher and were out of position and THAT my friend had been the trouble with the Laker' D all season.

Odom and Gasol are far from stellar defensive players.

Why hinder them further by constantly having them cover up for fisher (and Farmar)?

Could be, but they need to be smarter... Foul fucking Melo and send him to the line. No more layups. Denver has been missing free throws like there's no tomorrow. That's part of playoff basketball, no layups in the paint.

ducks
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
17-17 at one point in second half
I think that is called making them like crazy

YellowFever
05-21-2009, 11:38 PM
^Thankyou for saving me from looking up the stats.

I think Denver was something like 14 for 14 in the fourth and Lakers (Gasol and Ariza) was something like 1 for 4 during that stretch.