PDA

View Full Version : My band needs a new drummer

toosmallshoes
03-28-2005, 03:22 AM
hey, my band, Robbie and the Robots, needs a new drummer. my old drummer started showing up late for shows, then he came to a show but forgot his drums, and then he forgot to come to a show. ugh. I had to fire him. if any of ya'll drum or know a drummer please help me out.
a reminder of our credentials:
We were voted 2004's best alternative Austin band in The Edge Magazine
We have a record coming out soon that we need to play to promote
Our sound can be described as mix of early REM, Cake, The Beach Boys and the Beatles.
we play a lot in san antonio.
I've posted stuff everywhere to try to find a new drummer. thought i'd give spurstalk a try.

IX_Equilibrium
03-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Where does your band usually play in San Antonio?

tlongII
03-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Dude, I play drums! Fly me down from Portland and I'll audition.

Faccia di Angelo
03-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Zstomp likes to pretend he's a drummer, you might want to ask him. Actually he thinks he's Elvis, but I don't think you need a vocalist :lol j/k Z :p

But seriously, where do you play here in town? It sounds like you guys are pretty good. Would definitely want to check you out.

Kori Ellis
03-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Here's a link to his band's website.

http://www.robbieandtherobots.com/index.php

It looks like their next show is in San Marcos, but I know he plays in Austin a lot ... and in San Antonio sometimes.

MannyIsGod
03-28-2005, 06:15 PM
WTF, he forgot his drums? What a tool, good job droping the ax.

toosmallshoes
03-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Well, we don't have any shows coming up because we don't have a drummer... but normally we play at the beethoven in San Antionio.
tlongII-- Some guy from Poland wanted to try out. I'll send yall a private jet and you can ride together. right.
That next show in San Marcos is a Motown Hoot Night, and we have a temp drummer playing with us for that one. We're playing "Let's get it On" and "Superfreak" among others. Sweet.
Yea, he forgot his drums. I never even freakin' heard of that before. One time I forgot to bring a guitar pick. That kinda sucked too.

toosmallshoes
03-28-2005, 07:00 PM
oh yea, one time I forgot to bring my guitar strap so we took my shoelaces and my belt and made a McGyver one for the night.

MannyIsGod
03-28-2005, 07:18 PM
oh yea, one time I forgot to bring my guitar strap so we took my shoelaces and my belt and made a McGyver one for the night.

The first time I played at a show, I forgot my strap. I sat on a chair and played, but the mic stand was just vertical, it didn't have another one of those pivots. I have no idea what the terminology is.

Anyhow, It was a bitch the way I had to hold everything to reach the mic, and even then I wasn't getting ful volume.

toosmallshoes
03-28-2005, 07:57 PM
sounds like a pain. at least you remembered your guitar.

ZStomp
04-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Zstomp likes to pretend he's a drummer, you might want to ask him. Actually he thinks he's Elvis, but I don't think you need a vocalist :lol j/k Z :p

But seriously, where do you play here in town? It sounds like you guys are pretty good. Would definitely want to check you out.

The King Lives!!

Tres_Till_it_MHz
04-03-2005, 03:22 PM
My friend Shawn is a kick-ass drum player. He is currently with another band but if your serious about it I can ask him to call you. Just PM me your number and I will try get a hold of him today.

Nbadan
04-04-2005, 01:03 AM
I know a kick-ass drummer. Fucker plays fast, hard and loud. I can get a message to him see if he's interested? Got a number?

Nbadan
04-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Nice tunes, especially Waltz in G Major on the site, but no drums in either sample.

:pctoss

toosmallshoes
04-04-2005, 03:07 AM
Sorry we don't have any samples with a drummer. I only have one commercial release right now and it's an acoustic record. soon we should have some songs with drums up there. If you'd like to hear some songs with drums on them and are truly interested in trying out, email me and i'll send you the "audition" link.

Nbadan
04-04-2005, 03:25 AM
If you'd like to hear some songs with drums on them and are truly interested in trying out, email me and i'll send you the "audition" link.

Actually, the tryout was for a friend. If you send me your link through the FSP private message feature maybe I can hook you two guys up. He's always looking for pros to play with. The guys is a consumate pro when it comes to his drumming.