PDA

View Full Version : I can't say I'm angry at the players themselves...

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 11:43 PM
The Lakers came out and played hard tonight, if you look at the stats they led in nearly every category.

It's hard for me to pin this loss on anyone other than Mr. 9 rings. Stubbornly playing Fisher so many minutes when he went 1-9. Not playing Bynum more minutes when he was dominating in the 1st half. Allowing a 13pt lead to evaporate to 1 in 2:40 without calling a timeout.

At this point it's hard for me to honestly say that Phil Jackson is a top coach in this league. The Lakers are where they are because of the talent they have, and they win in spite of the mistakes of Phil.

2004 we had 4 fucking HOF players and HCA and lost disgustingly in 5 games. 2008 he watches the team blow a 24 pt lead in a little over a quarter without calling a timeout. He watches his team get face fucked by 39pts in the elimination game. He lets a Rocket team without 2 of their superstars take the Lakers to 7 games. Losing to Geroge Karl would just be icing on the cake.

What better way to disgrace your career Phil. I can't wait till you leave LA and we get a coach that preaches defense, fundamentals, playing hard, and leaving it all on the floor.

ezau
05-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Do you remember this?

To lose a game like this when you basically outplayed the other team for most of the game is just crushing to a team's confidence. They had no business losing with the way they were playing, shutting down the Laker's interior and dominating the paint on offense. The refs were good to them as well giving them the decisive advantage at the line.

IMHO DEN will not recover from this.

So what the hell happened? Discuss

NewJerSpur
05-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh....my......god.

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
The Lakers had no business losing this game and my prediction would have come to fruition had the huge 13pt lead not been allowed to evaporate in a mere 2 minutes.

That was the ball game right there. I could not have forseen that the Jackson would be dumb enough to let that cushion just slip away without doing a damn thing.

ElNono
05-21-2009, 11:47 PM
The Lakers came out and played hard tonight, if you look at the stats they led in nearly every category.

It's hard for me to pin this loss on anyone other than Mr. 9 rings. Stubbornly playing Fisher so many minutes when he went 1-9. Not playing Bynum more minutes when he was dominating in the 1st half. Allowing a 13pt lead to evaporate to 1 in 2:40 without calling a timeout.

At this point it's hard for me to honestly say that Phil Jackson is a top coach in this league. The Lakers are where they are because of the talent they have, and they win in spite of the mistakes of Phil.

2004 we had 4 fucking HOF players and HCA and lost disgustingly in 5 games. 2008 he watches the team blow a 24 pt lead in a little over a quarter without calling a timeout. He watches his team get face fucked by 39pts in the elimination game. He lets a Rocket team without 2 of their superstars take the Lakers to 7 games. Losing to Geroge Karl would just be icing on the cake.

What better way to disgrace your career Phil. I can't wait till you leave LA and we get a coach that preaches defense, fundamentals, playing hard, and leaving it all on the floor.

I thought he would make all the adjustments that would swing the series in favor of LA... did he over-adjust? :wakeup

ezau
05-21-2009, 11:49 PM
You don't get it. For the road team, Game 1 is always the easiest one to steal. Especially when your team has more time to prepare than the other team.

Now Phil can make his adjustments and this series will take a much different turn.

Discuss

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 11:50 PM
He's good at adjusting in between games.

In game adjustments he's horrible at.

You guys can bash the Laker players all you want. I really don't care. I know they came out and played hard tonight. I know they didn't lose because of lack of effort.

They lost this game because of some serious coaching blunders that they simply could not recover from. In the post season when you have a team down, you go for the kill. You don't swap out the lineup that is working for you.

NewJerSpur
Laker fan devouring Phil Jackson....pure cannobalism. Never thought I'd see this day 9 years ago.

ezau
I don't care for statistics either.

What I do know is it is always difficult to bounce back after you've blown a golden opportunity. Look at what happened to last year's Spurs and Suns teams. Both had golden opportunities to win Game 1 and completely choked them away. Neither team advanced, both got trounced 4-1.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 11:51 PM
I deserve all the shit in the world for believing in Jackson and coming on here and talking him up.

The bottom line is I could never, in my wildest dreams, imagine that he would allow what happened in Game 4 of last year's Finals to ever come close to happening again. I was wrong.

Trainwreck2100
T

GL finding a coach better the tomjonavich and he lasted like a month

Spursfan092120
He has gotten the Lakers plenty of rings. Just face the truth, Lakers thought they had the trophy given to them when Gasol got there. It's being ripped out of their hands by better teams.
Dude..I bet every time we post, we're gonna piss DrHouse off...Great sig..lol

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 11:52 PM
I never get angry at the Lakers when they lose giving it their all on the court.

They did that tonight. They played hard from start to finish. They just lost.

That I can accept.

ElNono

You guys can bash the Laker players all you want. I really don't care. I know they came out and played hard tonight. I know they didn't lose because of lack of effort.

They lost this game because of some serious coaching blunders that they simply could not recover from. In the post season when you have a team down, you go for the kill. You don't swap out the lineup that is working for you.

You think the Lakers will recover from this DEVASTATING loss? :wakeup

NewJerSpur

Give you props for showing this time, but the Lakers let up in the 2nd quarter with only Melo and Kleiza scoring....KOBE HIMSELF SAID SO!!!

JamStone
05-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Thank god this wasn't game 1 in Denver otherwise this would have been a devastating loss for the Lakers, one they wouldn't be able to recover from.

hhml
05-21-2009, 11:54 PM
If Phil leaves, can they give JVG a try? I'd love to see a defensive minded coach. I'm so tired of this team focusing and depending on pure offense to win.

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 11:55 PM
History has told us that when a team comes out and loses a game they should have won on the road it's usually the death sentence for them.

PHX and SAS both lost last season in the same fashion.

timvp
05-21-2009, 11:56 PM
And I thought Spurs fans were spoiled .....

ElNono
05-21-2009, 11:56 PM
History has told us that when a team comes out and loses a game they should have won on the road it's usually the death sentence for them.

PHX and SAS both lost last season in the same fashion.

I think Denver feels pretty good right now, with HCA and what not.
So, are the Lakers going to recover from this DEVASTATING loss, yes or not?

ezau
05-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Thank god this wasn't game 1 in Denver otherwise this would have been a devastating loss for the Lakers, one they wouldn't be able to recover from.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
kobe 10 ft- melo, billups 30ft. and people still claim home court for lakers

Banzai
05-21-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm angry at the entire team...especially Derek Bricker and Sasha Vujabrick...Sasha sucks immense amount of ass. Fisher should not be getting so many minutes....1-9..amazing... ..fucking outstanding...

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 12:00 AM
You can blame the players like Fisher and Vujacic all you want but the bottom line is that Phil is the one putting them in the game for so many minutes.

It's his responsibility to see that the Lakers are INFINITELY better playing Farmar/Brown over Fisher.

ElNono
05-22-2009, 12:01 AM
kobe 10 ft- melo, billups 30ft. and people still claim home court for lakers

Oh please. I was just giving you guys props for not bringing up the whistles...
I thought the calls were pretty even this game... and Melo will get more freethrows since he's outrebounding both Odum and Gasoft.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Eh the refs were pretty terrible down the stretch.

They missed some HUGE calls, the shove on Ariza, the jump ball violation by JR Smith, several hacks on Kobe and co while Chauncey got calls if you just breathed on him.

Still I don't blame the refs. It was all on Phil tonight.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Phil screwed it up tonight.

Too much Fish, not enough Drew!

Lars
05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I'd be angry. When a seventy million dollar payroll, with the "best coach" in the NBA, and the "best player" in NBA, with the "most talent" in the NBA, can't beat the Denver Nuggets I would be livid.

This playoffs have been put things into perspective. Kobe and Jordan comparisons have become laughable. Jacksons credibility as a coach is in serious question (has he ever won as an underdog? ever?)

The Lakers reek of internal conflict. The emotional outburst on the bench, the constant complaining about officiating. The Lakers are simply the biggest collection of talent wearing the same colors and are as far from a team as it comes. Reminds me of Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton year.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 12:07 AM
I'd be angry. When a seventy million dollar payroll, with the "best coach" in the NBA, and the "best player" in NBA, with the "most talent" in the NBA, can't beat the Denver Nuggets I would be livid.

This playoffs have been put things into perspective. Kobe and Jordan comparisons have become laughable. Jacksons credibility as a coach is in serious question (has he ever won as an underdog? ever?)

The Lakers reek of internal conflict. The emotional outburst on the bench, the constant complaining about officiating. The Lakers are simply the biggest collection of talent wearing the same colors and are as far from a team as it comes. Reminds me of Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton year.

I see what you're saying, but I disagree.

There isn't internal conflict between the players at all like '04. This team gets along very well with one another.

If there is any conflict it is with the coaching staff. Phil Jackson will be gone if this team loses.

ezau
05-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I really doubt whether this Laker team has what it takes to shut down this Nugget juggernaut. Heck, they could have been down 0-2 if the Thuggets didn't choke in Game 1. I won't be surprised if Denver is up 3-1 when the series goes back to LA.

Banzai
05-22-2009, 12:09 AM

2004 is very forgettable.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 12:17 AM
The Nuggets were extremely close to packing it in and going home in that 1st half. You could see the quit in their faces.

Phil gave them life when he refused to stop the run which saw a 13pt lead evaporate to 1pt in 2:40.

Incredible. I don't know another coach in this league that would stand there and watch that happen.

ducks
05-22-2009, 12:18 AM
The Nuggets were extremely close to packing it in and going home in that 1st half. You could see the quit in their faces.

Phil gave them life when he refused to stop the run which saw a 13pt lead evaporate to 1pt in 2:40.

Incredible. I don't know another coach in this league that would stand there and watch that happen.

phil has alway always been that way with a more vetern team

that is why I do not understand why people think he is the best coach ever
tex winter is he one that knows the triangle not phil

NewJerSpur
05-22-2009, 12:21 AM

It's terrible decision-making when the team loses, it's genius when the team wins. Nothing new.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 12:22 AM
NewJerSpur I disagree.

This isn't the 1st time Phil's methods have cost the team. If you remember in Game 4 of last year's Finals the Lakers basically gave away a 24pt lead in the closing 3 minutes of the 3rd quarter. Phil watched the 24 pt lead go down to like 8-9 pts before he even called a timeout.

In the playoffs you just can't do that. Every point, possession, matters. You have to coach like it matters even if you are up double digits.