PDA

View Full Version : Magic need game 2 to be a close game- not a blow out

Mavs<Spurs
05-22-2009, 06:13 AM
I don't think that the Magic absolutely have to have game 2 to win the series.
But if the Cavs win game 2 easily, then that would be a problem for the Magic.
LeBron looked terrible after the game from the cramps due to the amount of effort that he had to expend.

If the Magic keep the game close, then LeBron will have to play major minutes again. And they can't just put LeBron on Alston. LeBron will need to guard Rashard or Hedo for the Cavs to have the best chance to win. However, if the Cavs blow the Magic out, then LeBron can rest.

If the Magic keep the game close, look for the Magic to win the series (even if (as is likely) Cleveland takes one of the two games in Orlando)). On the other hand, if the Cavs blow out the Magic, then the Cavs are the favorites to win the series.

Things to look for:

I expect the role players for the Cavs to play much better.

Will the Magic play stupid? They have a seriously low basketball iq. If they make mental mistakes, then that will cost them.

How is LeBron's health ?

Can Howard stay out of foul trouble?

Do Rashard and Hedo play well -- does LeBron have to guard one of them?

And how does Cleveland defend the pick and roll with Hedo and Rashard ?
Big Z does not have the speed to defend the pick and roll - nor can he guard Howard. So, what adjustment do they make in defending the pick and roll with Hedo and Rashard ?

Will the Magic shoot well from 3? This is critical for the Magic.

I believe that the answers to these questions will largely determine who wins game 2 and ultimately the series/

:toast

iggypop123
05-22-2009, 07:52 AM
play lebron at the 4, mo doesnt choke and maybe its a blowout.