PDA

View Full Version : Did Phil Jackson just cost LA the series?

Jacko
05-22-2009, 09:17 AM
As I look back on what should have been a comfortable blowout win I'm pretty amazed at how many serious blunders were made by the infallible Phil Jackson.

I know Phil is going to trust his vets until the end, but Fisher has really played bad this entire season. His shooting and defense have been deplorable this entire post season. The one game where he was suspended was like a godsend for Laker fans and Farmar/Brown played incredibly well. Ironically it was the only game the Lakers won in Houston.

As a veteran player you're expected to not turn the ball over and make stupid mistakes. Yet, the entire 14-2 run can literally be pinned to stupid mistakes made by Derek Fisher. Newsflash Fisher, you're 35 years old and driving into the DEN paint where Nene and Anderson are waiting is not a good idea. At the end of the day you can't fault Fisher though, he's legitimately trying his hardest out there. You have to fault the guy that is giving him minutes night after night after night when he consistently does not produce.

I don't know what else to say. What other team left in the playoffs has to deal with a coach that puts in suboptimal lineups for the majority of the game? If the Lakers lose this year I think it'll be the last we see of Phil in LA. He's a great coach, but I'm having a tough time seeing the logic in his decisions anymore.

Fabbs
05-22-2009, 09:28 AM
refs will ensure Lakers win in either Gm 3 or 4 for Lakers. Book it.

Swisher getting all that time i can only assume Phil thought he would get his usual flop calls while being allowed to foul Nuggets. Didn't happen. Bavettas Alheimers may really be kicking in. He might have gotten the colors confused and thought Denver was L.A.

Farmar benched while Fisher got all that run?
That's a Popavich move. Thanks Phil.

iggypop123
05-22-2009, 09:29 AM
gotta give credit to them. a scrub went for 3's during that run. they atleast made shots after mistakes. cant really be mad when the ball doesnt bounce your way.

iggypop123
05-22-2009, 09:30 AM
refs will ensure Lakers win in either Gm 3 or 4 for Lakers. Book it.

Swisher getting all that time i can only assume Phil thought he would get his usual flop calls while being allowed to foul Nuggets. Didn't happen. Bavettas Alheimers may really be kicking in. He might have gotten the colors confused and thought Denver was L.A.

Farmar benched while Fisher got all that run?
That's a Popavich move. Thanks Phil.

billups got 16 ft on the road. what is this conspiracy you have of the refs?

Fabbs
05-22-2009, 09:36 AM
He deserved every one of them.
Swisher can't even come close to staying with him and Kobme couldn't either last night.

pauls931
05-22-2009, 09:36 AM
I was almost going to say the same about SVG when he arranged melo's minutes such that he didn't return until there was about 7 minutes in the 4th where LA wiped out Denver's 7 point lead...

Jacko
05-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Melo needs his rest though. He wouldn't have had anything for the final push if he had to play the entire 4th.

pauls931
05-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Melo needs his rest though. He wouldn't have had anything for the final push if he had to play the entire 4th.

true, I'm more used to seeing players like nash come back in around the 8 or 9 mark and I was starting to wonder how long Karl was going to wait to put melo back in. Apparently just enough.

JamStone
05-22-2009, 12:02 PM
You're already conceding this series as a loss for the Lakers?

Man some of you Laker fans flip 180 so easily.

z0sa
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
You're already conceding this series as a loss for the Lakers?

Man some of you Laker fans flip 180 so easily.

they could be the world's worst bandwagoners.

IronMexican
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
One game wont lose you the series.

Allanon
05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
CIA Philip.

hater
05-22-2009, 12:32 PM

really?? do you have a link for this?

jacobdrj
05-22-2009, 12:47 PM

One game does not a series make...

Cool, Yoda is.

:bking

baseline bum
05-22-2009, 01:10 PM

:cry :cry :violin :violin :cry :cry

Denver shot a whole 2 more free throws than LA; the disparity was only because Fisher intentionally fouled Billups at the end.