PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Seeks Buyer For Bobcats

SenorSpur
05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59319/20090522/johnson_seeks_buyer_for_bobcats/

Bobcats majority owner Bob Johnson has increased his efforts to sell the team.

Johnson recently hired a sports investment banker to help him look for potential buyers.

Last month, Johnson told the News & Observer that he wanted to sell his stake to minority owner Michael Jordan. However, since then NBA sources claim that Johnson has begun looking for other buyers.

A source close to Johnson said, "It's true, he's committed to selling the team," adding, "He's lost passion" for owning it.

I say you can't lose something you've never had. What a freaking joke!

Stump
05-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Hopefully the new owner makes sure that MJ is not involved in basketball related decisions.

Bukefal
05-22-2009, 10:51 AM
I should make an offer :king :downspin:

I. Hustle
05-22-2009, 10:58 AM
buy/sell/trade thread

JamStone
05-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Disney should buy the team and make a movie about a youth basketball team called the Bobcats with a bunch of miscreants and trouble makers that isn't very good until an arrogant lawyer gets sentenced to coach them as community service punishment for drinking and driving and turns the team around. Emilio Estevez would be perfect for the role of the arrogant coach.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Disney should buy the team and make a movie about a youth basketball team called the Bobcats with a bunch of miscreants and trouble makers that isn't very good until an arrogant lawyer gets sentenced to coach them as community service punishment for drinking and driving and turns the team around. Emilio Estevez would be perfect for the role of the arrogant coach.

Or they could wait until Barkley falls off the wagon, fire Larry Brown, and execute this idea as a reality show.

Findog
05-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Sell them to an ownership group that will take them to Seattle.

eisfeld
05-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Now where did I hear that before :lol

wireonfire
05-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Didn't MJ try hard before to be an owner? Wonder if Johnson is willing to sell it to him tho.

phyzik
05-22-2009, 11:50 AM
What would be funny is if an online community all pitched in and bought the team then based all decision making (trades, buy-outs, contract extensions, ect) by having a poll in a thread. That team would either be pretty good or suck horribly. Either way, it would be entertaining. The players wouldnt know what to fucking do when they log on and see their "owners" posting threads about trading them off one day and then worshiping the same players like gods the next. :lol

I think I read a story somewhere that an online community actually did buy a team in another league/sport. I wonder how they are doing?

JamStone
05-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Didn't MJ try hard before to be an owner? Wonder if Johnson is willing to sell it to him tho.

Did you not read the original post? It wasn't that long of a post.

Last month, Johnson told the News & Observer that he wanted to sell his stake to minority owner Michael Jordan.

poop
05-22-2009, 11:53 AM
What would be funny is if an online community all pitched in and bought the team then based all decision making (trades, buy-outs, contract extensions, ect) by having a poll in a thread. That team would either be pretty good or suck horribly. Either way, it would be entertaining. The players wouldnt know what to fucking do when they log on and see their "owners" posting threads about trading them off one day and then worshiping the same players like gods the next. :lol

I think I read a story somewhere that an online community actually did buy a team in another league/sport. I wonder how they are doing?

this would be the coolest thing ever ahhahaha:hat

poop
05-22-2009, 11:58 AM
you know the funny thing about that is, if the spurs boards had control over the team decisions, most likely

1. Hill would have got more minutes
2. bowen would still be starting
3. bonner would not have been back/got huge minutes
4. would have kept and developed some of our d-league guys
5. better rotations
6. we probably would have beat the Mavs at least

JamStone
05-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Don't forget Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay. That was a gem too.

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Now if only Donald Sterling would do the same.

JamStone
05-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Sterling would sell the Clippers to David Duke.

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Sterling would sell the Clippers to David Duke.
:lmao:lmao
or Thomas Robb...head of the KKK. Heard a KKK guy once say on the history channel that they didn't burn the cross, they were lighting it...lol...because Jesus Christ is the light of the world...I LOST IT!! absolutely hilarious.

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2009, 02:47 PM

Don't forget the animated series about freedom fighting bobcats from another planet who play basketball as a their only pasttime

Trainwreck2100
05-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Don't forget Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay. That was a gem too.

Randy foye