PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes trailer

phyzik
05-22-2009, 02:37 PM
didnt see the trailer posted here.

S4K3aM5H5KM

Sherlock Holmes
05-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Not one gay innuendo between I and Watson. He wasn't even in the trailer. Also Robert Downy Jr. doesn't look one thing like me.

alamo50
05-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Can't wait!

EricB
05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
haha Looks good.

RDJ is gold right now.

CuckingFunt
05-22-2009, 03:19 PM
I really, REALLY hate that they're making me wait until Christmas.

leemajors
05-22-2009, 03:20 PM
i have no idea why they are calling this Sherlock Holmes.

TheThinkingMan
05-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I think I have a clue.

Summers
05-22-2009, 03:41 PM
That looks fun.

benefactor
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM
It looks like it will be good. RDJ has really hit it big since Iron Man. It's amazing to think that he was a struggling drug addict not long ago.

Bukefal
05-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Cool! Definitely a must see. But it will take ages for that to enter European cinemas.

monosylab1k
05-22-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure which trailer is more awful, this one or GI Joe.

monosylab1k
05-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Seriously, this looks like total shit.

BWS-1994
05-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Really enjoyed the Angels and Demons movie. Am also currently reading the Sherlock Holmes collection.

Hopefully, Robert Downey Junior pulls this off well.

Summers
05-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Seriously, this looks like total shit.

Well, then don't waste your money on it. :)

Someone told me the series House is based on Sherlock Holmes. I thought that was interesting.

monosylab1k
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, then don't waste your money on it. :)

I'm not planning on it.

benefactor
12-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Anyone go see it yesterday? Reviews are mixed so far. I think the wife and I are going to check it out this afternoon.

DPG21920
12-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I saw it. Pretty much as expected. Solid action movie with plenty of funny moments.

monosylab1k
12-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Robert Downey Jr. might be worth seeing, but I have a feeling Guy Ritchie's involvement will make me want to puke.

lefty
12-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Since when Watson is a playboy?

Whisky Dog
12-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm going tomorrow night. Was looking forward to this one.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Just can't talk RDJ seriously in his high-vocabulary smarter than life roles. Put a freakin crack pipe in his mouth at least. If they were going to change the sherlock holmes persona might as well sub in a crack pipe for the tobacco pipe. The character would be more organic.

whottt
12-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Just can't talk RDJ seriously in his high-vocabulary smarter than life roles. Put a freakin crack pipe in his mouth at least. If they were going to change the sherlock holmes persona might as well sub in a crack pipe for the tobacco pipe. The character would be more organic.

No change needed. Sherlock Holmes as written by Arthur Conan Doyle, was addicted to cocaine at one point. That's actually being true to the character...and yes, he is in this movie.

Robert Downy Jr was a great choice for Homes and Tony Stark because they had addictions, like Downey himself. He does well in those roles because he can just play himself more or less.

It's a good movie. Probably a little too much of an action movie and not enough of a mystery but overall it's an fairly entertaining movie.

monosylab1k
12-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Just can't talk RDJ seriously in his high-vocabulary smarter than life roles.

Yeah I was just thinking about that, and how he might be getting annoying with his super witty, fast talking characters that might be funny, but are in no way realistic. He's kinda the 40-something male equivalent of Juno.

whottt
12-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah I was just thinking about that, and how he might be getting annoying with his super witty, fast talking characters that might be funny, but are in no way realistic.

You just described Sherlock Holmes to a T. That's why Downey is a good choice.

Sherlock Holmes isn't realistic, but I'm pretty sure that if he had lived, he's come off as a colossal narcissitic arrogant ass drug addict to anyone who knew him.

The only thing about this movie that really goes away from the classic depiction of Holmes is that he is an asskicker who uses his deductive ability to figure out the weaknesses of the person he is fighting, but it honestly makes sense and it's not really that far removed from the literary depiction of the character. In the literary depiction he was a fairly good fighter in different forms of fighting, they just never showed it in the movies.

And it may seem unrealistic for a 45 year old guy to be in that kind of shape, but that actually is Downey's 45 year old body in those fight scenes, dude is fucking ripped. And I think he is actually a blackbelt now or something like that in Wing Tsun.

Downey is exactly like you think he will be in this movie...however, I don't think that makes hkm a bad choice to play Sherlock Holmes, I think it makes him a good choice to play Sherlock Holmes.

He was an arrogant ass drug addict in love with his own brilliance.

benefactor
12-26-2009, 11:26 PM
It was pretty good. The movie was well put together and the character development of Holmes was very well done. He and Jude Law also had nice on screen chemistry. His reasoning out how he was going to beat the shit out of the person in front of him was a nice touch.

SA210
12-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Really good movie, saw it on Christmas day. :tu:tu

EricB
12-28-2009, 02:00 AM
saw it tonight, it was better than I thought it would be. Fantastic film.

jacobdrj
12-28-2009, 03:41 AM
The movie was a blast! It was so much fun, and I loved the 'pre-thinking' effect. They didn't do enough of that. My only complaints come from the fact that it was kind of hard to understand RDJ's lines when he was pushing the accent. I also am not a fan of Victorian England, and find the colors to be too drab to watch for an extended period of time. Hardly an indictment on the movie, but my subjective opinion does factor into films.

Jude Law's finest role, by far.

I can't wait for the sequel.

8/10 - A great film!

Solid D
12-28-2009, 09:50 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, as well. Downey has made a remarkable career change. Very fast-paced movie except for the slow motion clips. The special effects for the everyday movie-viewer like me were very good, particularly so with the shipyard scenes and London bridge.

This is a movie people will like to see again and should also prove successful on the video and on-demand circuit.

ploto
12-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Is it more a guys movie? My female friend gave it a big thumbs down.

I. Hustle
12-28-2009, 11:12 AM
I want to see this movie. I was going to go with my brother in law this weekend and should have. My wife was trying to kick me out for a bit and told me to see a movie. I should have gone... or to a titty bar.

atxrocker
12-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Caught this last night and was pretty entertained through out. The only thing that I would have changed would be the casting of Rachel McAdams. Not that I have anything against her, I just feel like they could have cast someone who would have been a better natural fit.