PDA

View Full Version : So apparently the Cavs can throw basketballs at people

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 07:51 PM
And not get T'd up for it.

I'd love to hear the NBA's explanation on this one.

I've seen some bad calls thus far, but this takes the cake.

BRHornet45
05-22-2009, 07:52 PM

$$$$$$$

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 07:54 PM
The refs explanation was they didn't see it. You can clearly see in the replay the black ref was looking right at the play.

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 07:55 PM
$$$$$$$
That's the best explanation I've ever heard. :)

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 07:55 PM
The refs explanation was they didn't see it. You can clearly see in the replay the black ref was looking right at the play.
:tu yep...noticed that.

Artest93
05-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Someone needs to pull a derek fisher on that little bitch ass Mo Williams....

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Someone needs to pull a derek fisher on that little bitch ass Mo Williams....
I vote they bring in Adonal Foyle to do it...that would fuck him up..lol

Mavs<Spurs
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM

We are both stunned by this one. So was Doug Collins. I don't see how this can be justified.

And a money fine isn't sufficient.

And it's not like Mo threw it softly either.

Completely unacceptable.

Wow. just wow.

Mavs<Spurs
05-22-2009, 08:12 PM

As well all of them should have seen it. Mo Williams had just completed a layup on a fast break.

Eyes on the basketball - so eyes on Mo Williams. There was anything distracting them from the view.

Refs need to be suspended for missing that if they did - and from the replay at least one of them saw it.

Teh stupid.

Bukefal
05-22-2009, 08:14 PM
:lmao that was stupid. even more that refs did not see

BRHornet45
05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
sons the NBA wants this series tied up tonight and they want Lebron in the finals. that simply would not happen if they had ejected Mo Williams just now because Cleveland would go down 0-2. its all about the $$$$$$

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 08:16 PM
The problem is refs aren't accountable for their actions.

After each game the refs need to be rated on the number of blown calls they missed/made. Ban the lowest performing refs from the playoffs. Also pay the refs who rate higher more money, give them incentive for doing their job correctly.

At least that's how I would do it.

mavs>spurs2
05-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Sons the Cavs can't go down 2-0, you know this.

coldsweat
05-22-2009, 08:24 PM
yeah that call was horrible.

gaKNOW!blee
05-22-2009, 08:25 PM
You conspiracy theorists are fucking retarded (and that goes to those of you who thinks its fixed in favor of the Lakers.)

Anyone who knows an ounce of basketball can see the Cavs are playing much better tonight.

KidCongo
05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
All you do is whinge.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
You conspiracy theorists are fucking retarded (and that goes to those of you who thinks its fixed in favor of the Lakers.)

Anyone who knows an ounce of basketball can see the Cavs are playing much better tonight.

Read the thread title.

gaKNOW!blee
05-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Read the thread title.

If someone can show me proof that the ref was looking right at Mo I will back off. But the fact is he just made a foul call and on the replay i did see his head faced toward the scorers table atleast at one point in time.

Also, if he is looking right at the play, does that mean the Magic are just allowed to people in the head after whistles?

BRHornet45
05-22-2009, 08:30 PM

After each game the refs need to be rated on the number of blown calls they missed/made. Ban the lowest performing refs from the playoffs. Also pay the refs who rate higher more money, give them incentive for doing their job correctly.

exactly ... these guys are getting paid big bucks to work 2 hour long games for what? maybe 9 months or so out of the year? (counting pre-season). the average salary for NBA refs is between $200,000-$300,000 per year. these guys have hella benefits, only "work" 9-10 months out of the year, and put in maybe 6 hours worth of refereeing per week. they SHOULD be held to higher standards and should be punished for bad officiating.

I am sick and tired of every year COUNTLESS controversial calls come up during the playoffs and the only thing that Stern and the NBA have to say about it is "we are looking into it". Nothing ever happens about it and you rarely hear of any official getting fired. if a ref does get fired, it wasn't because of poor officiating, it is normally because he broke rules taking advantage of their special perks/privileges of the job. Oh and you gotta love Stern's mafia style of "don't you dare question us". God forbid anyone has the balls to question the officiating and you will be fined or suspended.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 08:31 PM
The negro ref was looking right at the play when it happened and then turned his head away immediately.

Fouling someone after the whistle is a whole hell of a lot different than blatantly throwing a basketball at someone who isn't even facing you.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 08:51 PM
The negro ref was looking right at the play when it happened and then turned his head away immediately.

Fouling someone after the whistle is a whole hell of a lot different than blatantly throwing a basketball at someone who isn't even facing you.

Excuse me?

resistanze
05-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh, you not aware of the fact that negro, nigga, ######, nigras, is all the same. Dont act so surprised. Im not giving you a hard time... its ok to be a racist, just be outright.

You don't know how hard it was for him during the Kobe rape case!

coldsweat
05-22-2009, 09:01 PM

GTFO you fucking racist :ban:

NewJerSpur
05-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Aside from the racial stuff, aren't there 2 black refs on the floor? Get some names House.

Lebron4MVP
05-22-2009, 09:03 PM

Totally agree. It is bullshit that wasnt a tech on Mo. How that was missed is unacceptable.

Jacko
05-22-2009, 09:07 PM
What the hell is so wrong in saying negro? You are aware that the black race is scientifically known as negroid right? I'm sick of you stupid PC fucks who want to ban every god damn word in the English language.

Negro and ###### are two completely different words.

NewJerSpur
05-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Do people still say Negro when referring to blacks?

LakerHater
05-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Do people say Anglo when refering to whites?

resistanze
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
What the hell is so wrong in saying negro? You are aware that the black race is scientifically known as negroid right? I'm sick of you stupid PC fucks who want to ban every god damn word in the English language.

You can't be this fucking stupid, even for Laker fan.

resistanze
05-22-2009, 09:22 PM
And Mo Williams is a useless scrub.

Cry Havoc
05-22-2009, 09:23 PM

You know what's sad, I've defended you up to this point.

No more. You deserve to be pinked for this. You're really fucking lucky you can just hide behind your little cover of anonymity.

Cry Havoc
05-22-2009, 09:27 PM

If you think it's just fine, go up to the biggest, tallest black man you know and casually drop that word to him, see how he reacts. Of course you won't, because you're a pussy.

iggypop123
05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
what the hell does pinking do?

Banzai
05-22-2009, 09:35 PM

changes screen name to girlie color?

Kindergarten Cop
05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
I missed it, but I can rewind the game on my DVR to view it. Does anyone know at what point in the game it occurred?

Banzai
05-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I missed it, but I can rewind the game on my DVR to view it. Does anyone know at what point in the game it occurred?

I think it was in the first half.

NewJerSpur

Early in the 1st.

Armando
The NBA will release a statement 2 hours after the game is over stating the Refs made a mistake not calling Williams for a tech.

Kindergarten Cop
05-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Early in the 1st.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

EDIT: GRRRRR! My DVR only went back to the beginning part of the 2nd. Did they talk about it at half time or at any other part after that? Thanks in advance.

iggypop123
05-22-2009, 09:42 PM
The NBA will release a statement 2 hours after the game is over stating the Refs made a mistake not calling Williams for a tech.

was it even discussed in the half time show? i didnt even see it. had to buy some books

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 09:43 PM
ok..yeah..I'm not racist..but the words negro and niggar (which I don't use either) are completely different...

Negro - Anthropology. a member of the peoples traditionally classified as the Negro race, esp. those who originate in sub-Saharan Africa: no longer in technical use.

###### - Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

As you can see, they are different..but also, at the same time...Negro really doesn't make any sense anymore..unless that referee is from sub-Saharan Africa...which I doubt.

resistanze
05-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know any black people cool with being called Negroes or coloreds. You'd get smacked the fuck up.

Kindergarten Cop
05-22-2009, 09:45 PM
i don't know any black people cool with being called negroes or coloreds. You'd get smacked the fuck up.

+1

iggypop123
05-22-2009, 09:48 PM
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)

I find it alarming that these two groups still exist.

dont worrry the NAACP is basically dead. meager membership.

resistanze
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)

I find it alarming that these two groups still exist.

Both founded in the Jim Crow era when those words were actually common use. Guess they could change it now but I figure it represents the history of the organization.

ElNono
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Is this the "Im jealous my team can't get away with that shit" thread?

Armando
05-22-2009, 09:50 PM
was it even discussed in the half time show? i didnt even see it. had to buy some books

Not that I saw but they did show the play

duncan228
05-22-2009, 09:52 PM

One of the big things is you can't start threads. Privileges of posting are taken away when you're pinked. I think editing and PMing are also some of the stuff you can't do. There may be more.

Biggems
05-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh, you not aware of the fact that negro, nigga, ######, nigras, is all the same. Dont act so surprised. Im not giving you a hard time... its ok to be a racist, just be outright.

negro is black is spanish...

nigga is a term of endearment between black folk

###### is a racist term used by non-blacks...well mostly white people. Latinos use the term Miate or is it Miati...however you spell it.

I remember when I was a kid, I knew Nigerians came from Nigeria, but I thought ######s came from Niger. My mom corrected me. However, as I have gotten older, the people whites racistly called ######s, were from Niger, as well as other Western and Central African countries.

Now, if you had said ######, Moon Cricket, Spear Chucker, Porch Monkey, Jackrabbit, and Spook are all the same, I would agree...they are all racially degrading terms for black folk.

Personally, I think it is absolutely silly and absurd that black folk have taken to the term Nigga or even ###### for one another. Those terms are very degrading and disrespectful.

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Personally, I think it is absolutely silly and absurd that black folk have taken to the term Nigga or even ###### for one another. Those terms are very degrading and disrespectful.
agreed...especially considering the history behind the terms.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Look I wouldn't call a black person "negro" to their face because it's a severely antiquated word.

But there is absolutely nothing offensive about it. It's like me calling a white person Caucasoid.

DrHouse
05-22-2009, 10:07 PM
^Are you black?

dirk4mvp
05-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Nigga is the word Axl used in a song and everyone got upset except for black people.

tlongII
05-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Moon Cricket??? :lol Never heard that one. :lol

resistanze
05-22-2009, 10:09 PM
^Are you a negro?

:lol

BRHornet45
05-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Nigga is the word Axl used in a song and everyone got upset except for black people.

son its always the sissy cuckold, far left liberal white people who cry foul and racism.

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2009, 10:12 PM
bunch of sissy cuckold racism going on here

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 10:13 PM
summary of this thread...
negro/###### = bad

Banzai
05-22-2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/484956359_m.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1454)

Obstructed_View
05-23-2009, 07:36 AM
If Howard hit me in the head after the whistle I'd throw the ball at his dumb ass too. This whole goaltending-after-the-whistle thing has gotten to the point where fucking idiots are wrapping guys up. That should be an automatic tech. Until it is, the NBA's going to have to accept that there's going to be retaliation for it. Williams probably by rule should have gotten a tech, but Dwight initiated contact that was completely unnecessary.

redzero
05-23-2009, 07:46 AM
James Posey gets suspended for throwing basketballs at people.

Obstructed_View
05-23-2009, 07:52 AM
James Posey gets suspended for throwing basketballs at people.

Posey threw the ball at a referee after he got called for a foul. He also got suspended a few years ago for throwing his mouthpiece at an official, so he had history. Not even remotely the same situation.

JamStone
05-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Lol @ this thread

I feel like this is a multicultural diversity seminar led by people who have never met black people.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2009, 09:20 AM
son its always the sissy cuckold, far left liberal white people who cry foul and racism.
Agree. This country has been so pussified over the last two decades with Politically Correct Bull Shit Mantras.. The current generation buys into
the belief that being "overly sensitive" makes you more progressive minded and less "prejudiced." They're upset with "negro"? they're so brainwashed they can't see how ridiculous they are because the far left liberal whites have such white "guilt" they want to impress the black people audience

"look how progressive I am! see!.. I got the backs of "black folk", because, I can prove it..The other day when someone referred to YOUR KIND as a negro...You know what I did?? I gave them an earful! therefore I understand what it's like to undergo TRUE racism now, since I have defended your KIND against it in all its horrors..."

People getting upset over the spanish word for 'black', because it sounds a little insensitive and archaic--and starts with the same letter as "######" :wow

Pffft..Get over yourselves with the Race Card stuff...Dr. House is just a moronic laker homer, not a racist.

the next generation needs to be de-programmed with Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles/ Clint Eastwood school of thinking...so they can recognize true racist sentiment...and stop whining over the little things.

'People have lost their sense of humour,'

'In former times we constantly made jokes about different races.

'You can only tell them today with one hand over your mouth otherwise you will be insulted as a racist.

'I find that ridiculous. In those earlier days every friendly clique had a "Sam the Jew" or "Jose the Mexican" - but we didn't think anything of it or have a racist
thought.

'It was normal that we made jokes based on our nationality or ethnicity. That was never a problem.

''I don't want to be politically correct. We're all spending too much time and energy trying to be politically correct about everything.' - Clint Eastwood 2009

Babying a race, singling out an ethnic group, and patronizing them for every little nuance of racism/or perceived prejudice is counter productive...
...we don't need stupid far-left white PC liberalism (and the people who actually listen to their bullshit) reinforcing sensitivity about it and applying history tidbits to everyone, everywhere. There will be prejudice from certain groups and certain people. But everyone shouldn't have to suffer the 'PC preaching' because of those people.

Walking on eggshells is stupid and just as prejudiced...if not more annoying...

i.e. PC white liberal encounter, "oops my faux pas, is that politically correct with your, uh people? No? Again, what I meant to say was African-Amer--"
" Black's fine...sighhh...:rolleyes "

TampaDude
05-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Programs like "affirmative action" are racist. They imply that blacks are inferior, and so need a "leg up" from the government.

STX_21
05-23-2009, 09:53 AM
If Howard hit me in the head after the whistle I'd throw the ball at his dumb ass too. This whole goaltending-after-the-whistle thing has gotten to the point where fucking idiots are wrapping guys up. That should be an automatic tech. Until it is, the NBA's going to have to accept that there's going to be retaliation for it. Williams probably by rule should have gotten a tech, but Dwight initiated contact that was completely unnecessary.

Do you know that you can score points AFTER the whistle? Goaltending after the whistle is one thing, but I know no problem with wrapping up someone until the play is really dead. It's more disturbing to me when guys stop playing and the refs allow some insane "follow-through" to count. Williams is a byatch! Dwight did the right thing.

ploto
05-23-2009, 10:06 AM

United Negro College Fund

Whenever I think of that entity, I recall Bush totally messing up its slogan.

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2009, 10:44 AM
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/fuckandyou/the-negro-community-frowns-upon-you.jpg

Artest93
05-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Programs like "affirmative action" are racist. They imply that blacks are inferior, and so need a "leg up" from the government.

Affirmative action is not just meant for Blacks, but at minorities in general...Think before you post!!!

sonic21
05-23-2009, 10:49 AM

apparently the nuggets can too, i saw billups throwing the ball at kobe's back the other day.

Dex
05-23-2009, 10:54 AM

One of the rare times I have to agree with you. If you or I made as many screwups at our job as an NBA ref does on regularity, we'd have gotten canned a long time ago.

Time after time, mistakes like this are being allowed, and they are changing the face of some playoff series. The refs should never be the storyline in a basketball game. I understand that the refs work is reviewed after the game, but I don't see anysign of them being accountable for it.

The fact that Joey Crawford can challenge one of the nicest superstars in the league to a fight, and eject him from a big game (against a division rival) for laughing, and yet still work playoff games (against the same two teams in the same building, no less)...is enough evidence I need to realize that the NBA truly does not give two shits.

I don't particularly think it's collusion. I just think it's just ineptitude. Though I'll admit that some teams seem to get the benefit of the doubt with a lot of whistles more than others, not mentioning any names.

Cry Havoc
05-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Agree. This country has been so pussified over the last two decades with Politically Correct Bull Shit Mantras.. The current generation buys into
the belief that being "overly sensitive" makes you more progressive minded and less "prejudiced." They're upset with "negro"? they're so brainwashed they can't see how ridiculous they are because the far left liberal whites have such white "guilt" they want to impress the black people audience

"look how progressive I am! see!.. I got the backs of "black folk", because, I can prove it..The other day when someone referred to YOUR KIND as a negro...You know what I did?? I gave them an earful! therefore I understand what it's like to undergo TRUE racism now, since I have defended your KIND against it in all its horrors..."

People getting upset over the spanish word for 'black', because it sounds a little insensitive and archaic--and starts with the same letter as "######" :wow

Pffft..Get over yourselves with the Race Card stuff...Dr. House is just a moronic laker homer, not a racist.

the next generation needs to be de-programmed with Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles/ Clint Eastwood school of thinking...so they can recognize true racist sentiment...and stop whining over the little things.

I'm sorry, are you black? What the hell gives you the right to determine what words upset another person? Can I start talking shit about your family to your face under the guise of, "Oh ease up, be less PC, man!"

You think it's white folks coming to the rescue here, well, why don't you go up to a large black man and call him a "negro"? Or are you only going to run your mouth on a message board? It's easy to spew those political charged diatribes when you're Mr. Internet Tough Guy.

Babying a race, singling out an ethnic group, and patronizing them for every little nuance of racism/or perceived prejudice is counter productive...
...we don't need stupid far-left white PC liberalism (and the people who actually listen to their bullshit) reinforcing sensitivity about it and applying history tidbits to everyone, everywhere. There will be prejudice from certain groups and certain people. But everyone shouldn't have to suffer the 'PC preaching' because of those people.

Or you could actually be intelligent enough to use a more accepted word for the situation. You know, either/or.

Walking on eggshells is stupid and just as prejudiced...if not more annoying...

Not using racially charged references constitutes as "walking on eggshells" for you? Is your vocabulary that small that you HAVE to use "negro" when talking about black people? Do you refer to latinos as "wetbacks" because you just run out of synonyms for people from Central America?

i.e. PC white liberal encounter, "oops my faux pas, is that politically correct with your, uh people? No? Again, what I meant to say was African-Amer--"
" Black's fine...sighhh...:rolleyes "

Black is fine. Negro is not. Again, that is not your decision to give people permission about what to get upset over. If someone doesn't like being called a word, use a tiny amount of courtesy and don't refer to them by that.

But don't get indignant because other people are trying to be considerate. Or do, and be an asshole. Whatever works for you, I guess.

Flux451
05-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Look I wouldn't call a black person "negro" to their face because it's a severely antiquated word.

But there is absolutely nothing offensive about it. It's like me calling a white person Caucasoid.

You are dumbass. If you wouldn't say it to their face, then don't say it.

Negro=Whitey=Spic

All are derogatory.

Negro used to be accepted, now it isn't

FaithInOne
05-23-2009, 11:15 AM
These are grown ass men.

ohhhh he threw a ball at me..c'mon

No need for Ron Jeremy to have a heart attack towards the ref for such a weak incident.

FaithInOne
05-23-2009, 11:17 AM
btw government coddling the blacks only keeps many weak...dependent...on purpose...that's the goal for the government.....