PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Lakers for the 2009 NBA Championship

timvp
05-22-2009, 11:37 PM
The Magic are a year or two away from being true championship contenders. LeBron's supporting cast still sucks too much. The Nuggets are an implosion waiting to happen.

Congrats to Kobe for winning one without Shaq. Congrats to Phil Jackson for ring number 25 or whatever the hell. And congrats to Laker fans.

:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-22-2009, 11:39 PM
As much as I like Phil, he really doesn't deserve his 10th ring the way he's coaching.

Ghazi
05-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Let's not start sucking each others dicks yet

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 11:42 PM
I think Orlando can hang with LA, if Orlando beats Cleveland.

Def Rowe
05-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Wha? Ok cool thx.

NewJerSpur
05-22-2009, 11:44 PM
The Lakers need Game 3, but I see the validity within timvp's points....still think Orlando has a good chance though because they aren't scared of Cleveland, including LeBron, even if they don't have a true championship mentality.

Rogue
05-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Congrats to the boys in blue for 2010 NBA championship

BlackSwordsMan
05-22-2009, 11:46 PM
I pm'd kori to ban this troll

Jacko
05-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow did you forget to log into your SpursDynasty account timvp?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Jinx won't work.

Truth does hurt.

I'm so awesome I must type in bold. I'm too important to type normal like everyone else.

RsxPiimp
05-22-2009, 11:49 PM
IF they can get past the nuggets:lol

iggypop123
05-22-2009, 11:51 PM
every thread these days is an attempt at a jynx or ban dr house

ducks
05-22-2009, 11:52 PM
The Magic are a year or two away from being true championship contenders. LeBron's supporting cast still sucks too much. The Nuggets are an implosion waiting to happen.

Congrats to Kobe for winning one without Shaq. Congrats to Phil Jackson for ring number 25 or whatever the hell. And congrats to Laker fans.

all season everyone said james supporting cast was so great
what is it
do they suck or not?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Still butt hurt ay

Just don't understand why you post in bold....

ginobili's bald spot
05-22-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm sure this is some sort of jinx attempt but I'll play along.

The way we've been playing during the playoffs I'm not so optimistic. This isn't the same Lakers team that dominated the regular season. They were able to turn it on and off throughout the regular season but they still haven't learned that you can't do that during the playoffs. I just don't see any kind of hunger with this team and it's not like Phil is helping to instill any sense of urgency with his nonchalant attitude. I predict we squeak by the nuggets and lose in the finals.

NewJerSpur
05-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Lakers NEED game 3, or the series is over IMO.

Allanon
05-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Trying to jinx the Lakers gets you bad karma.

timvp
05-23-2009, 12:10 AM
No jinx. If the Cavs can't handle the Magic at home with Orlando missing Jameer Nelson, they are done. Nelson was their best player at points this season.

I thought the Cavs role players would step up but they look like they are shrinking from the pressure. This ish is over.

Congrats, Lakers.

ducks
05-23-2009, 12:12 AM
denver loses game 3 they might implode
if not they will not

IronMexican
05-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Tisnf

Allanon
05-23-2009, 12:19 AM
No jinx.

Congrats, Lakers.

Alright, what did you do with timvp? BUMP, you hacked timvp's account?

Capt Bringdown
I agree, Lakers can only beat themselves.

timvp
all season everyone said james supporting cast was so great
what is it
do they suck or not?
I doubt anyone said his supporting cast was great. I thought his cast was decent ... but they are already playing like the pressure is getting to them. LeBron is damn good but he can't win 5 on 1 or 5 on 2.

Kobe isn't as good as LeBron anymore but Kobe's supporting cast runs circles around the choking Cavs role players. Add in that Kobe is the better closer and there's just no way the Cavs can beat them.

The Cavs role players look like the 2004 Spurs role players right now.

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2009, 12:24 AM
I remembered today Denver has taken splits against the Spurs twice in the last 5 years back to Denver and proceeded to lose both series in 5

cobbler
05-23-2009, 12:25 AM
If the Lakers get past Denver... they match up way better against the Cavs than the Magic. The Magic OWNED the Lakers this year.

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 12:25 AM
This is a different Denver team....no Iverson.

timvp
05-23-2009, 12:27 AM
this is a different denver team....no iverson.

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 12:29 AM
This playoffs was over when Ginobili and Garnett got injured. If Orlando takes the ECF it'll be an even easier cakewalk to the LOB. If Kobe doesn't win it this season, it'll be the biggest choke of his career.

tlongII
05-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Cleveland will win the title. I'm sure of it.

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 12:30 AM

Yeah, but they still got Billups and Melo's ACTUALLY playing defense and following up misses instead of bitching about calls he deserves but doesn't get.

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah, but they still got Billups and Melo's ACTUALLY playing defense and following up misses instead of bitching about calls he deserves but doesn't get.

Martin still can't be trusted and Karl is Karl.

cobbler
05-23-2009, 12:33 AM

Your credibility vanished last round... come back next year.

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Martin still can't be trusted and Karl is Karl.

Karl is an idiot of a coach, and Martin is still a Thug of a player with not the greatest of skill, but those offensive put-backs are absolutely murdering the Lakers. That's somthing they won't be able to do anything about until they start getting some heart.

05-23-2009, 01:20 AM
lakers practically won this when garnett, yao, and ginobili went down. three of the lakers' biggest threats gone without even a fight. i agree with timvp, lebron's supporting cast still sucks. they would be a 15 win team without james. and i am still waiting for that karl-smith meltdown, which will lead to a karl-smith-melo meltdown, then a karl-smith-melo-kmart meltdown and etc.

KSeal
05-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Whoever started this thread is retarded. The Lakers will lose to the Nuggets in 6 and the Cavs will beat the Nuggets in the finals. No way this isn't the outcome, no way.

Ghazi
05-23-2009, 06:56 AM
lakers practically won this when garnett, yao, and ginobili went down. three of the lakers' biggest threats gone without even a fight. i agree with timvp, lebron's supporting cast still sucks. they would be a 15 win team without james. and i am still waiting for that karl-smith meltdown, which will lead to a karl-smith-melo meltdown, then a karl-smith-melo-kmart meltdown and etc.

No.

No player in the HISTORY of man has been worth 51 wins by himself.

I'd say they're a 30-35 win team w/o James.

ShoogarBear
05-23-2009, 07:59 AM

And there's the final nail in the coffin. Congrats, Lakers.

redzero
05-23-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm waiting for a Denver meltdown, too. But I think the Magic are going to win it all.

benefactor
05-23-2009, 08:16 AM
I overestimated Cleveland. Their defense and role players look ready to cave. I am not ready to hand the title to LA though. Houston stole the Lakers manhood in the previous round and neither game against Denver has shown me that they have recovered. They are not making it to the Finals.

redzero
05-23-2009, 08:33 AM
I didn't believe in Cleveland the entire season. They just aren't that impressive outside of LeBron James, from a team point of view.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2009, 08:35 AM
If Lebron wins the championship, it'll be more impressive than the 2003 title run by Duncan...outside of Mo Williams on offense (who is half a star player to begin with) he only has defensive help.

scanry
05-23-2009, 09:04 AM
If Lebron wins the championship, it'll be more impressive than the 2003 title run by Duncan...outside of Mo Williams on offense (who is half a star player to begin with) he only has defensive help.

That 2003 Duncan team beat a 3-peat Lakers and a 60 win Mavs. The role players weren't better than what Cleveland has right now (in terms of talent). However they weren't chokers either.

TampaDude
05-23-2009, 10:02 AM
And there's the final nail in the coffin. Congrats, Lakers.

:lol

florige
05-23-2009, 10:10 AM

I'm with you. The Lakers should be damn thankful they are not down 0-2 right now. People keep saying that Denver is going to implode. I just don't see that happening. If it was going to happen it would had been in game 2 after blowing that big lead in the first game. Billups isn;t scared of LA. He knows what it takes to beat them. If Denver can stop those second chance points for LA this thing is done in 6. If LA fans only hope is a Denver implosion I think they are in for a rude awaking.

poop
05-23-2009, 10:42 AM
I pm'd kori to ban this troll

yeah and this is the guy who pinked me...

guess this kind of thread is sooo much better than what i posted :rolleyes

DPG21920
05-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Obvious forum. Lakers have been, still are and will always be the favorites when Kobe has by far the most talent around him.

If he does not win he will severly tarnish his and the Lakers reputation. Everyone who knows basktetball has pegged the Lakers to win from the beginning of the year.

DrHouse
05-23-2009, 12:52 PM
A loss won't tarnish Kobe's reputation anymore than a loss would tarnish LBJ's reputation at this point. You win and lose as a team.

Kobe's stats have been very good throughout the playoffs. His play is not the reason the Lakers are tied 1-1.

If anyone's reputation is going to be shattered by a playoff loss it's PHIL JACKSON'S.

DPG21920
05-23-2009, 01:28 PM
No it will be Kobe's. Coaches only take you so far. Kobe has more talent around him from top to bottom than ever for the most part. He even said himself the reason he was losing was because of a "lack of bullets". He said "I now have bullets, I am no longer bringing a knife to a gun fight, now lets see what I can do".

He admitted that it would be a massive failure on his part not to win a title with this team that is fully healthy.

Duncan never had a team as deep as this and he never lost in the finals. To have this much depth and not have to play the Celtics again who own the Lakers, means it would severely tarnish Kobe's and the Lakers reputation as a franchise.

Amaso
05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
People always say this team has "talent" and people always seem to forget there's 2 sides of basketball.

Ghazi
05-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah

The talent on LA's very good, but kinda overrated.

Lacking big time in defensive talent too... just a lot of skill/finesse

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 01:57 PM
A loss won't tarnish Kobe's reputation anymore than a loss would tarnish LBJ's reputation at this point. You win and lose as a team.

Kobe's stats have been very good throughout the playoffs. His play is not the reason the Lakers are tied 1-1.

If anyone's reputation is going to be shattered by a playoff loss it's PHIL JACKSON'S.

Not winning it this year would be a huge shit-stain on Kobe's resume. All the matchups have lined up perfectly for LA to have a cakewalk to the title. Utah, Houston minus their two best players, Denver and one of Cleveland and Orlando? Kobe will never get out of Shaq's shadow if he blows it again. There is no one left of anything approaching comparable talent; Bryant has by far the best supporting cast of any superstar in the game.

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 02:00 PM
People always say this team has "talent" and people always seem to forget there's 2 sides of basketball.

LOL.. what happened to your All NBA First Team defender Kobe? Then you can throw two long forwards in Odom and Gasol at other teams? Then an athletic 7' bigman in Bynum? An athletic SF with long arms in Ariza? Are you fucking joking?

DPG21920
05-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Yes BB, they are joking. It is funny watching Laker fans say they are unstoppable, but when other fans say it, they look to find excuses in case they do not win.

This Laker team is one of the only healthy teams and they have the most talent.

timvp
05-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Some old Nuggets.

And WTF is it with Laker Fans trying to downplay the team's talent. These Lakers are fvkn loaded.

poop
05-23-2009, 10:39 PM
can you please unpink me?

since you've already given up on the season may as well

timvp
05-23-2009, 10:41 PM
can you please unpink me?

since you've already given up on the season may as well

Given up on the season? You are about a month too late, buddy.

I'll put in the effort of unpinking you when you put in the effort to start making posts that add anything to the forum.

Thanks.

poop
05-23-2009, 10:43 PM
i dont understand why you mods have so much hate for me. theres nothing wrong with my posts. why dont you at least point out something ive done that was wrong? so far all ive heard was being falsely accused of making 'racist posts against Manu'.

id love to see those posts, cause they dont exist.

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Some old Nuggets.

And WTF is it with Laker Fans trying to downplay the team's talent. These Lakers are fvkn loaded.

Same old George Karl. Same old Kenyon Martin.

timvp
05-23-2009, 10:55 PM
:cry

:violin

I'll unpink you but hopefully this time you don't clutter the board with worthless threads again.

poop
05-23-2009, 10:56 PM
:violin

I'll unpink you but hopefully this time you don't clutter the board with worthless threads again.

thanks alot. at least now ill be able to edit my posts and my profile.

if there is a problem with me tell me about it and ill adress it instead of going straight to pinking

timvp
05-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Back to the topic. Seriously, how can the Lakers claim a lack of talent? They have Gasol hitting Hakeem-esque fadeaways during the clutch, Ariza the human doberman on defense and knocking down cold blooded shots on offense, Fisher one of the clutchest shooters of the last two decades, Odom the guy who can do just about anything he wants, etc, etc.

You'd probably have to go back to one of those Celtics teams to find a deeper supporting cast than then one around Kobe.

timvp
05-23-2009, 10:59 PM
thanks alot. at least now ill be able to edit my posts and my profile.

if there is a problem with me tell me about it and ill adress it instead of going straight to pinking

:tu

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:00 PM
2009-10 season is going to blow if the Champs are the Fakers or the LeCrabs. Alot of dick sucking is bound to ensue. Man I wish the Celts were healthy and playing.

05-23-2009, 11:02 PM
lakers have been the most talented team for two years. even more so this years since the celtics, magic, rockets, spurs, and rockets again all lost an all-star.

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 11:04 PM
This series is over. LA in 5. (not a jinx post)

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 11:06 PM
2009-10 season is going to blow if the Champs are the Fakers or the LeCrabs. Alot of dick sucking is bound to ensue. Man I wish the Celts were healthy and playing.

Not so much with the Lakers because sports analysts and the majority of fans outside of L.A. are starting to turn on them because of the lack of effort they display on too many occasions.

Jacko
05-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Back to the topic. Seriously, how can the Lakers claim a lack of talent? They have Gasol hitting Hakeem-esque fadeaways during the clutch, Ariza the human doberman on defense and knocking down cold blooded shots on offense, Fisher one of the clutchest shooters of the last two decades, Odom the guy who can do just about anything he wants, etc, etc.

You'd probably have to go back to one of those Celtics teams to find a deeper supporting cast than then one around Kobe.

:lmao

That was a good one, took me a second there to realize you were being sarcastic.

timvp
05-23-2009, 11:10 PM

That was a good one, took me a second there to realize you were being sarcastic.

Seriously, Laker Fan might have been able to use the "lack of talent" during the Smush Parker days. But there needs to be a new standby excuse Laker Nation needs to use.

TampaDude
05-23-2009, 11:11 PM

Yup...the Lakers are absolutely STACKED with talent, and with all the injuries in the West this year, the Finals have been fucking GIFTWRAPPED for the Lakers. If they fail again to close the deal, Kobe will have a huge question mark hanging over his head. No bullshit.

Jacko
05-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Seriously, Laker Fan might have been able to use the "lack of talent" during the Smush Parker days. But there needs to be a new standby excuse Laker Nation needs to use.

The Lakers are talented, but let's not act like the talent they have is above and beyond what the rest of the league has.

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:19 PM
The Lakers are talented, but let's not act like the talent they have is above and beyond what the rest of the league has.

I think Portland with experience can better then the Lakers

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 11:23 PM

LMAO. Kobe's supporting cast is ridiculous. If you could redo the drafts, they would go something like:

Kobe Bryant - Pick #1, 1996
Pau Gasol - Pick #2, 2001
Lamar Odom - Pick #6, 1999
Andrew Bynum - Pick #4, 2005
Trevor Ariza - Pick #13, 2004
Derek Fisher - Pick #13, 1996

poop
05-23-2009, 11:34 PM

it IS above and beyond what the rest of the league has.

ok, imagine if Duncan-instead of Kobe- had Gasol, Bynum and Odom on his team.
not only would we not lose a game, but noone would score over 74pts on us the entire playoffs.

ShoogarBear
05-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Any Laker fan who says they don't have the most talented team is a dickless spineless spoogestain.

ginobili's bald spot
05-24-2009, 02:34 AM

Who are all these laker fans who are claiming lack of talent? I don't see it.

IronMexican
05-24-2009, 02:45 AM
It's more lack of heart and passion than actual talent. If LO had any work ethic, he'd be a 20/10/6 guy.

ShoogarBear
05-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Maybe Jerry West needs to come out of retirement to "GM" a couple more teams.

Allanon
05-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Make up your minds people. I've heard it all:

"Lakers won't win because:"

1) Kobe has lost a step; Kobe is over-rated; Melo >>>>>> Kobe, Wade >>>>> Kobe, LeBron >>>>> Kobe, Kobe is a rapist
2) Pau Gasoft, 'nuff said
3) Lamar Odumb is a pothead
4) Glass knee Bynum, Bynum is a bust, Bynum is a scrub, Sam Bowie 2.0
5) Trevor Ariza is over-rated; Ariza is a scrub
6) TheMachine is broken
7) Farmar can't sniff JV's jock-strap
8) Who's Shannon Brown?
9) Fish is done

-Lakers don't play defense, why are the Lakers so soft?, Lakers are over-rated, Nuggets in 6, Rockets in 6, Jazz in 6.

Typhoon
05-24-2009, 04:03 AM
Timvp I like your posts, but you can't really count Orlando or Cleveland out, especially Denver (I think Denver will beat LA) It's just stupid to do so, did you see the look of Melo's face at the end of the game, LA is getting destroyed in game 4 and Denver has proven to be able to beat LA at its court so its a little to early to said "LA congrats"

No offense but this thread sucks ass.

kobyz
05-24-2009, 05:44 AM
i'm putting an asterisk on this year Lakers NBA championship.

TampaDude
05-24-2009, 09:19 AM
i'm putting an asterisk on this year Lakers NBA championship.

:lol

Brazil
05-24-2009, 10:21 AM

Is it a bad thing to be loaded by talent ?

DPG21920
05-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Allanon, hating the Lakers and making fun of Bynumnuts does not mean that anyone who watches the NBA actually knows they are loaded.

They might have no heart, but they are still so good that every team has 0 margin of error if they want to beat the Lakers.

DPG21920
05-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Make up your minds people. I've heard it all:

"Lakers won't win because:"

1) Kobe has lost a step; Kobe is over-rated; Melo >>>>>> Kobe, Wade >>>>> Kobe, LeBron >>>>> Kobe, Kobe is a rapist
6) TheMachine is broken
8) Who's Shannon Brown?
9) Fish is done

-Lakers don't play defense, why are the Lakers so soft?, Lakers are over-rated, Nuggets in 6, Rockets in 6, Jazz in 6.

How about these for nicknames or phrases:

That guy is over-bynumed.
Andrew Bynotproven
AB88
Bynumnuts
Bynumskull
Andrew Bynuffofthisshit

Now, those are not all of them, but I just wanted to start a brainstorming session, so feel free to add on.

Bynum looks huge. If he stays healthy and focused, he can really help, especially on the defensive end. He also should get 12-15 shots per game. I would not be surprised to see him average 16 and 8.

Bynum averaged 10 boards in 28 minutes last season. No way in hell is he only going to get 8 boards a game this year.

If anything, Bynum won't be recieving too many shots. He'll be the third option and the team wants him to focus more on rebounding/defense. I'd say 14/12/2-3 isn't out the realm of possibility.

He did not have Pau on the team and on the floor at the same time. Odom, Pau are both good rebounders, that will eat into Bynum's numbers.

Rember this...By the way, Bynum averaging 14 & 8 :hat

DPG21920
05-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Says the fan of the team that got swept in the first round.:lol

What does a Spurs lack of heart have to do with a Lakers lack of heart?

timvp
05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Timvp I like your posts, but you can't really count Orlando or Cleveland out, especially Denver (I think Denver will beat LA) It's just stupid to do so, did you see the look of Melo's face at the end of the game, LA is getting destroyed in game 4 and Denver has proven to be able to beat LA at its court so its a little to early to said "LA congrats"

No offense but this thread sucks ass.

I've seen multiple people mention Melo's face as if he's some type of warrior who uses anger to fuel his game. Uh, he's not Michael Jordan ... or even Mario Elie.

This is Carmelo Anthony. He's best when he's frontrunning and everything is going well. When things start falling apart around him he doesn't rise up ... he falls apart right with everything else. When he's smiling, things are going well and he's knocking down shots, he's extremely hard to stop. But he's not anything special when there's a bumpy road.

The Nuggets might get back into the series but they'll need someone other than Melo to right the ship.

TheManFromAcme
05-24-2009, 04:35 PM
It's more lack of heart and passion than actual talent. If LO had any work ethic, he'd be a 20/10/6 guy.

...aint that the truth.

Word

05-24-2009, 04:38 PM
what i saw yesterday was a typical failure of leadership in the nuggets. it was obvious billups needed to step up and calm the team down defensively but he was too busy jacking up 3's at the 20 second mark of the shot clock. nuggets implosion at its best.

Jacko
05-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Billups is usually a good leader on the floor but it appears that JR Smith is rubbing off on him. He jacked up more wild 3's than anyone else on the team. And why on earth does Karl give JR Smith a green light to shoot any fucking shot he wants. I know he has crazy range, but c'mon you're not going to make many shots you take where you have literally a half second of daylight to get it off and aren't even square with the basket.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Sad but true. The lakers don't even have to go to kobe anymore, Gasol is using people in the post and getting anything he wants. And kobe has every one of those piece of laker shits thinking they are the second coming of scottie pippen. Their confidence is unshakeable, and we already knew coming into the season that they were easily the deepest team in the league.

I didn't think they'd be able to turn up the dial so damn easily after playing so shitty against Houston, but they really are going to ride cruise control to a title. Once again, the disgusting sense of champion self-entitlement from the city of LA will be rewarded, and all we can do is just watch the Lakers dominate for the next few years.

At least when it was shaq and kobe, it was possible to completely shut down the supporting cast; now with this group, it's impossible. They have too much size, skill, and atheleticism at every position. Just wait till they add a speed point guard. Derek Fisher can continue as a robert horry role for years to come. They really are set for a dynasty.

Fuck the lakers. And fuck their fans.

Jacko
05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Imagine if the Lakers actually had a 3pt sniper? There are still some gaping holes in the team.

Ariza, Farmar, Vujacic, Fisher, Brown.....none of these guys are knock down aces. The Lakers definitely need to snag a Kyle Korver or someone similar in the offseason to replace Vujabitch.

iggypop123
05-24-2009, 09:06 PM
i'd be happy with artest. although he wants 10 mill per year from the rockets. if they reject him he has to settle for the MLE from us unless memphis offers him money

LakerHater
05-24-2009, 09:08 PM
OH MAN, I hope this jinx works!!!!

benefactor
05-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Doesn't look much like a championship team to me.

Brazil
05-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Doesn't look much like a championship team to me.

You're right on this game, this LA team is lucky to be a way more talented than Denver and probably orlando or cavs because they have no heart at all, kobe is a giant douche, LO is LOst and PJ is stubborn.

Nevertheless it would a HUGE upset if they loose this serie especially with Melo injured and the stupidity level of Denver.

timvp
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM
This Finals is going to be :sleep

Lakers is 5. It could go 6 if the Magic shoot well.

redzero
06-04-2009, 01:06 PM
I think you forgot to log in as Spurs Dynasty.

Allanon
06-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Allanon, hating the Lakers and making fun of Bynumnuts does not mean that anyone who watches the NBA actually knows they are loaded.

They might have no heart, but they are still so good that every team has 0 margin of error if they want to beat the Lakers.

Shit, you and I know that, and the OP obviously knows it...I remember you even had Bynum on your Fantasy team.

I wuz just rubbin it in for the folk who came up with every reason in the book for the Lakers to flame out. :lmao

6) TheMachine is broken
8) Who's Shannon Brown?
9) Fish is done

New ones:
a) Kobe will get injured in game 1 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
b) Kobe doesn't have any rings of his own like Wade (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127937)
c) Phil's too stupid to use Pau Gasol to his advantage (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127944)

TampaDude
06-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, the Lakers are SUPPOSED to win the title this year...if they fail, they have no excuses.

kamikazi_player
06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Shit, you and I know that, and the OP obviously knows it...I remember you even had Bynum on your Fantasy team.

I wuz just rubbin it in for the folk who came up with every reason in the book for the Lakers to flame out. :lmao

6) TheMachine is broken
8) Who's Shannon Brown?
9) Fish is done

New ones:
a) Kobe will get injured in game 1 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
b) Kobe doesn't have any rings of his own like Wade (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127937)
c) Phil's too stupid to use Pau Gasol to his advantage (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127944)
That's actually fact. You never seen him do anything in the PO's.

MarHill
06-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Says the fan of the team that got swept in the first round.:lol

What team got swept in the first round?

It wasn't the Spurs!!

And again...it was the first time they lost in the first round of the playoffs in 9 years.

Remember the Lakers lost the 1st round twice in the middle part of the decade.

Nice try!! :lol

TampaDude
06-04-2009, 05:13 PM
What team got swept in the first round?

It wasn't the Spurs!!

And again...it was the first time they lost in the first round of the playoffs in 9 years.

Remember the Lakers lost the 1st round twice in the middle part of the decade.

Nice try!! :lol

WERD...and don't forget, it was actually only 2/3 of the Spurs this year...

Allanon
06-04-2009, 05:17 PM
6) TheMachine is broken

That's actually fact. You never seen him do anything in the PO's.

That one is True so far. Against the 3 pointing Magic, the Lakers are gonna have to make their 3's as well.

One last shot at Salvation for The Machine.

timvp
06-04-2009, 09:51 PM
This Finals is going to be :sleep

Lakers is 5. It could go 6 if the Magic shoot well.

:sleep :sleep

timtonymanu
06-04-2009, 09:56 PM
:sleep :sleep

lol. Game 1 is sure like that.

Sportcamper
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM

Now I feel bad for every mean thing I ever said about the Spurs…Forgive Me?

Capt Bringdown
06-05-2009, 11:56 AM
So the hardest challenge for the Lakers was...?
I reckon the Nuggets - if Denver hadn't have been so dumb as to throw away two games, they might have pulled off the upset.

Not exactly the most glorious title run, but they can't pick who they play against.

A healthy Celtics team probably would have given the Lakers the toughest challenge although the loss of Posey really hurt 'em.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Celts/Lakers rematch next year. Furthermore, the Lakers look poised to grab 3 or 4 more titles. Spurs certainly aren't stopping them, unless something unprecedented happens.

ginobili's bald spot
06-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Celts/Lakers rematch next year. Furthermore, the Lakers look poised to grab 3 or 4 more titles. Spurs certainly aren't stopping them, unless something unprecedented happens.

A lot of that is going to depend on what happens with the Odom and Ariza situations this summer. In order to sustain this we need them both IMO.

IronMexican
06-05-2009, 12:36 PM
This was a pretty boring title run. 2007 Spurs-like.

TheManFromAcme
06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Can we wait for the props UNTIL this series is over guys?

dirk4mvp
06-05-2009, 01:35 PM
This was a pretty boring title run.

Your team almost got taken out by a team that featured Aaron Brooks as their best player. You have a weird sense of what a non boring title run is.

IronMexican
06-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Your team almost got taken out by a team that featured Aaron Brooks as their best player. You have a weird sense of what a non boring title run is.

That's like saying the Celtics almost lost to the Hawks last year. Every game the Lakers won that series, it was by double digits. I was pretty worried when they were tied 2-2 vs Denver though.

dirk4mvp
06-05-2009, 01:43 PM
That's like saying the Celtics almost lost to the Hawks last year. Every game the Lakers won that series, it was by double digits. I was pretty worried when they were tied 2-2 vs Denver though.

And I doubt any Celtic fan considered that boring.

timvp
06-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Furthermore, the Lakers look poised to grab 3 or 4 more titles.Meh, that's taking it a step too far. Kobe Bryant has a ton of games under his belt (significantly more than TD even) and if he slows just a little bit, the whole entire equation changes. Phil Jackson is also getting pretty damn worn down. If he retires, that's a huge loss. To a lesser degree, Derek Fisher seeing the end of the line will hurt. And to top it off, they'll have a somewhat difficult time keeping all this talent on board without another team being able to jack a piece or two.

They have a shot to reel off a couple in the next few years but there are definitely some obstacles they have to maneuver around.

Allanon
06-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Meh, that's taking it a step too far. Kobe Bryant has a ton of games under his belt (significantly more than TD even) and if he slows just a little bit, the whole entire equation changes. Phil Jackson is also getting pretty damn worn down. If he retires, that's a huge loss. To a lesser degree, Derek Fisher seeing the end of the line will hurt. And to top it off, they'll have a somewhat difficult time keeping all this talent on board without another team being able to jack a piece or two.

They have a shot to reel off a couple in the next few years but there are definitely some obstacles they have to maneuver around.

I have to disagree.

These Lakers are not even at their best yet with a sub-par Bynum. Match this with declining competition.

The Best the West could offer this year was Rockets/Nuggets. Best the East could offer was the Orlando Magic. I have no doubt the Lakers probably would have swept the Cavs.

The future of the old powerhouse Mavs/Spurs/Suns is still yet to be determined. Portland still lacks cohesion and experience.

If either Ariza or Odom walks this summer, then sure, things could get real interesting.

Meanwhile, next year's Lakers should be even better than this year's version. If the Lakers can keep Kobe/Pau/Bynum/Odom/Ariza they'll keep winning.

I think it's bad for the NBA, bad for fans and I hope some challengers sprout up. But it is what it is and what it looks like is a multiple championship team right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 03:09 PM
The OKC Thunder will be a contender in a few years. Their future is better than Portland's. IMO Portland's future is overrated.

Allanon
06-05-2009, 03:41 PM
The OKC Thunder will be a contender in a few years. Their future is better than Portland's. IMO Portland's future is overrated.

If the front office can get them some vets, that's a very dangerous team. Kevin Durant in my opinion, is the most unstoppable offensive player in the NBA right now, not LeBron (inconsistent midrange game)

LeBron is still the best overall player in the NBA. But on offense:

1) Durant
2) Kobe
3) Wade
4) Melo
5) Tony Parker
6) LeBron

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 04:22 PM

Agreed about Portland but they need a legit big man to be a contender though. Maybe Thabeet. If they draft PG they should probably look to trade Green for more of a center type.

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
LeBron is still the best overall player in the NBA. But on offense:

1) Durant
2) Kobe
3) Wade
4) Melo
5) Tony Parker
6) LeBron

I'd say you're overrating Durant by alot here. He hasn't proven to have the ability to create shots for his teammates like Kobe, Wade and Lebron do. He's just a skinnier, less physical version of Melo at this point.

Allanon
06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd say you're overrating Durant by alot here. He hasn't proven to have the ability to create shots for his teammates like Kobe, Wade and Lebron do. He's just a skinnier, less physical version of Melo at this point.

Agreed he can't create shots for his teammates.

I'm just talking about pure offense for himself.

I don't think there's a defender out there that can stop Durant from scoring.

Melo is a pure scorer as well, but he's not lightning quick (for a 6'9 guy) like Durant and Durant has better range than Melo. Melo is money mid-range on in, Durant is 5 feet beyond 3 point deadly.

IronMexican
06-05-2009, 04:30 PM

I think Durant's shot is a lot better than Melo's

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Agreed about Portland but they need a legit big man to be a contender though. Maybe Thabeet. If they draft PG they should probably look to trade Green for more of a center type.

They're probably drafting Harden which makes sense. They have a 6'10" player from Congo coming over next year who will probably play center if he bulks up.

Keep in mind they could have two top 10 picks in next year's draft which everyone is saying is a great class. I agree they desperately need a center but they've got tons of assets.

Capt Bringdown
06-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Kobe Bryant has a ton of games under his belt (significantly more than TD even) and if he slows just a little bit, the whole entire equation changes.

There's no sign of Kobe slowing down - quite the opposite, really. If anything, he can afford to take it easier with the stacked lineup the Lakers have now.

Fischer is probably the weakest link, and I don't think he's going to be that difficult to replace.

Phil wants to deliver a hearty "FU" to the legacy of Red Auerbach, so I can see him sticking around to rack up some more titles.

The Gasol trade changed everything and tilted things so much in the Lakers favor it's hard to imagine them only getting one or two rings out of this deal. I wish it wasn't so, but this is going to be an epic Laker run. Look at the trajectory of the Gasol deal: the first year Gasol was donated to the Lakers, they went from being second-round cannon fodder to championship contenders. Second year, champions. Third year, fourth year...

Ghazi
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Lakers could lose Ariza and still be contenders IMO.

Odom is MUCH more important than Ariza too. Some say it as if losing one or the other would be equally bad, losing Odom would be much worse.

Stats dont lie!

21_Blessings
06-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Lakers could lose Ariza and still be contenders IMO.

Odom is MUCH more important than Ariza too. Some say it as if losing one or the other would be equally bad, losing Odom would be much worse.

Stats dont lie!

The Lakers are still contenders without Odom as well.

But heres the fact, Ariza goes out and guards the best perimeter player on the other team night in and night out. There is no stat for that. He's only 23, so room for improvement. Odom will be 30 soon and is known for shitty work ethic.

Losing Ariza will hurt more because that forces Phil to start Luke Walton, play Sasha more minutes and leaves Kobe to do more work on the defensive end which will hurt his offense.

Losing Odom will hurt the bench but with Bynum healthy next season, you don't lose as much since his minutes would increase.

Jacko
06-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Lakers need Odom AND Ariza.

If they win it all this season then I think both will end up staying. Buss has said all along that he will pay the money if he thinks he has a real championship caliber team. The Lakers are proving that they really don't need to tweak their roster too much to remain at a high level next season.

Their top priorities should be to find a replacement PG for Fisher and a real 3pt sniper to bring in off the bench.

Farmar, Vujacic, and Powell are all expendable and should be dumped from the team next season.

Ghazi
06-05-2009, 10:23 PM
True.

Ghazi
06-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I think some of this multiple title talk is premature though.

(dont bring up my CLE predictions plz)

One trade or two can vault some teams into challenging the Lakers. The Cavs have some expiring contracts to dangle next year and if they can somehow turn it into a solid front court player they can challenge the Lakers IMO.

Healthy Boston... hhmm probably depends on how strong KG's knee is next year.

And then we have the Mavs, who will raid some shit franchises for star players and challenge the Lakers as well :bking. But Kobe has always been a problem for us.

Houston has T-Mac's expiring. Although the durability of Yao causes me to wonder whether they can take the next step.

I'll wait until the player movement of the offseason before making predictions about next year. Although there doesn't appear to be a challenger in the West within the next 2-3 years (except for the Mavs).

Rogue
06-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I think Boston will go even further on their regression as their big 3 are getting older and more prone to injuries, though Rondo is still young and other young talents will still keep their team a competitive contender in the East. The Cavs are craps without Crab, but Crab has definitely considered leaving Cleverland since quitting the ECF with a 2-4 series lose to Magic. Maybe the Cavs can still dominate the eastern conference in the regular season next season, but they will never be close to the finals if they can't get a scoring power in their paint, and that's the problem for many other teams including our beloved boys in blue.

Except for the Mavs in 06, no other jump shooting team has ever won a championship. A team consisting of jump shooters may be able to earn the top seed with the best records for regular season, but it's almost impossible for such a team to go far in the post season where the jump shooters will get as much restriction as they can get from tougher defensive pressure around the middle and long range, while a paint scorer can draw fouls if the defense comes too physical and continue to make consistent points at the line. With the beefy body and supreme size, Crab can also drop a lot of points in paint but his efforts will never make up the defiency of Varajoo and Ben, who are both incompetitive on the offensive end. Z used to be a decent scorer in paint when he was young, but his age and the pile of injury has made him even more unreliable. Hickson may be a savior for the Cavs, however, Mike Brown just somehow refuses to give him a chance.

Our boys in blue are gonne make surges next season only if Donnie Nelson redeems his former mistakes in this offseason by making some good moves, hopefully we can get a decent center from the moves he is about to make this summer, though that fool hasn't made such a good trade for a very long while.

Allanon
06-06-2009, 03:26 PM
The biggest reason why I think it's gonna be pretty much status quo next year is because teams are doing the 2010 plan.

Most teams stuck to their plan for this long, they'll ride out 2009/10 for the Free Agent Jackpot next summer. A GM would have to be really short-sighted to blow their wad now on 3rd tier stars like Boozer.

j-money24
06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I think the Lakers still need to make some changes for next year even if they win the championship.

Phonzie20
06-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I think the Lakers still need to make some changes for next year even if they win the championship.

uhm. why?

LA is far from over the hill.

KSeal
06-06-2009, 09:32 PM

Well, we need to find a PG, Fisher is through. And our best three point shooter right now is Ariza, which is sketchy and the guy that is supposed to be our true three point shooter, Sasha, can't throw the ball in the ocean right now. So those two things would be nice but if we can find a way to resign Lamar, Shannon and Trevor I'll be a happy camper.

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Lakers need Odom AND Ariza.

If they win it all this season then I think both will end up staying. Buss has said all along that he will pay the money if he thinks he has a real championship caliber team. The Lakers are proving that they really don't need to tweak their roster too much to remain at a high level next season.

Their top priorities should be to find a replacement PG for Fisher and a real 3pt sniper to bring in off the bench.

Farmar, Vujacic, and Powell are all expendable and should be dumped from the team next season.

obviously powell will just be dropped but sasha and farmar will be tough to deal

kamikazi_player
06-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Bump. GJ Lakers, better executed and physical team won this series. I hope you guys are ready to defend that title next year.

Ice009
06-12-2009, 01:54 AM

This guy knows what he is on about. I thought the Spurs needed to bring in Scola and add some youth after we won a couple of years ago, but Pop bought back the same team and we got beaten by a younger more athletic Lakers team (with the help of a Gasol trade and an injured Manu).

Capt Bringdown
06-12-2009, 03:24 AM
This guy knows what he is on about. I thought the Spurs needed to bring in Scola and add some youth after we won a couple of years ago, but Pop bought back the same team and we got beaten by a younger more athletic Lakers team (with the help of a Gasol trade and an injured Manu).

Poor comparison. The Lakers are clearly the best team this year, in 2007 it's debatable if we were. The Mavs had our number, beating them would have been a challenge.

The Lakers will make the right moves, they almost always do.

Ice009
06-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Poor comparison. The Lakers are clearly the best team this year, in 2007 it's debatable if we were. The Mavs had our number, beating them would have been a challenge.

The Lakers will make the right moves, they almost always do.

We weren't that far off of LA last season. Had they no have gotten Gasol and if Manu was not injured they may have already lost to us last season and blown up the team.

The Spurs definitely would have been better if they retooled after the Championship. Bringing in Scola and even Mason Jr last season could have helped us tremendously.

Plus the Lakers were not clearly the better team this season. How can you say that when Houston took them to 7 games with out Yao Ming, you know one of the best centers in the NBA ;).

21_Blessings
06-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Plus the Lakers were not clearly the better team this season. How can you say that when Houston took them to 7 games with out Yao Ming, you know one of the best centers in the NBA ;).

At least they didn't lose in the 1st round to the Dallas Mavericks.

underdawg
06-13-2009, 12:58 AM
At least they didn't lose in the 1st round to the Dallas Mavericks.

You'd hope not when players are gifted to you - that would be almost as bad as being 50% in finals appearances.

Bandwagon Fan
06-13-2009, 04:53 AM
But not nearly as bad as missing the playoffs/losing in the first round over 50% of the time.

And yeah, if Manu were healthy AND Bynum was injured AND we didnt have Gasol the Spurs might have won assuming they had HCA because Bynum was injured from midseason.

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Congrats to the Lakers. The most talented team won it all. Props to the players, coaches, management and Jerry West for trading for Kobe Bryant, drafting Derek Fisher, etc.

:tu

21_Blessings
06-14-2009, 08:24 PM
The Lakers win this championship and the series without Fisher and his shot. But thanks Jerry.

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:26 PM
The Lakers win this championship and the series without Fisher and his shot. But thanks Jerry.

Fisher is the veteran leader that keeps Kobe in check and doesn't allow any malignancy to grow. Laker Fan doesn't really understand a team concept but that's the way your team chemistry is aligned.

21_Blessings
06-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Fisher is the veteran leader that keeps Kobe in check and doesn't allow any malignancy to grow. Laker Fan doesn't really understand a team concept but that's the way your team chemistry is aligned.

I understand team chemistry just fine. And Fisher didn't stop the malignancy to grow with Kobe/Shaq.

Fact is Fisher is a clutch a player but sucks the other 46 minutes of the game. He was outplayed by Farmar/Brown most of the playoffs and the Lakers would have won just as easily without him. Next year the Lakers main concern will be upgrading the PG position because Fisher isn't very good anymore. He can lead from the bench as a player or coach and come into the game whenever the Lakers need some miracle three pointer.

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I understand team chemistry just fine. And Fisher didn't stop the malignancy to grow with Kobe/Shaq.

Fact is Fisher is a clutch a player but sucks the other 46 minutes of the game. He was outplayed by Farmar/Brown most of the playoffs and the Lakers would have won just as easily without him. Next year the Lakers main concern will be upgrading the PG position because Fisher isn't very good anymore. He can lead from the bench as a player or coach and come into the game whenever the Lakers need some miracle three pointer.

Not a surprising take.

21_Blessings
06-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Not a surprising take.

I'll take that as a compliment from you. The guy who said this Lakers team would beat Orlando without Kobe. :lol Fisher's veteran leadership would have lead them to victory of course.

timvp
06-14-2009, 08:36 PM
I'll take that as a compliment from you. The guy who said this Lakers team would beat Orlando without Kobe. :lol Fisher's veteran leadership would have lead them to victory of course.

Please don't tell me you are a Kobe Fan who is going to pretend everyone else on the Lakers sucks.

tlongII
06-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Sorry timvp, but Fisher sucks ass.

TimDuncan>Kobe
06-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Congrats to that POS Kobe on winning his first ring.

timvp
06-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Seriously, congrats Laker Fan.

This was a pretty damn good Laker team. I think Phil Jackson created some obstacles along the way to harden this team up for the Finals. He knew what he was doing when the Rocket series went seven games.

The only thing that could have sunk this Laker team was softness but this team was battled tested by the beginning of the WCF.

duncan228
06-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Congrats to the Lakers, and congrats to the Laker fans here. :toast

dirk4mvp
06-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Congrats, faggots.

Hemotivo
06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Congrats to the Lakers, and congrats to the Laker fans here. :toast

JamStone
06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Damn Jeff and Mark need some knee pads for this Kobe sucking sessions.

A little over the top there, guys.

06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
there about wrap this in game 5.:toast to all the lakers nation in america.Congratulations to the city of los angeles.Celebrate in peace.
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::l obt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:::lobt2::d anceclub:cheer:clap:clap:clap.

JoeTait75
06-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Here's to you and your team. Lake Show are the class of the league and deserving champions.

http://www.comeraghcc.com/Images/NewsImages/2008/beer_toast.jpg

Sigz
06-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I think Stern is ejaculating right now.

06-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Mvp for kobe byrant.

tlongII
Congrats to the Lakers and their fans. Enjoy your 1 year reign.

Dex
Props to the Lakers. They lived up to the hype. :toast

I still don't like you.

Capt Bringdown
06-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Can't wait till next year's Celts/Lakers rematch. :(

DeadlyDynasty
06-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Here's to you and your team. Lake Show are the class of the league and deserving champions.

Thanks bud, and to everyone else as well:toast

Time to get utterly shitfaced now:lobt::lobt::lobt:

06-14-2009, 09:33 PM
let's go lakers

HERE COME NUMBER 15:wow:wow:wow:wow
CONGRATULATIONS from all the way from h-town.
#10 for PHIL JACKSON

Allanon
06-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the congrats.

Best of luck to y'all in the 09/10 season. Hope it's a great one.

Had to get this in quick before the riots start and power/internet get cut off as teh National Guard moves in on the City of Angels.

06-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks bud, and to everyone else as well:toast
I want the lakers to win..Because they represent the west.:toast

Time to get utterly shitfaced now:lobt::lobt::lobt:

Pistons < Spurs
06-14-2009, 09:38 PM
:clap

Well done L.A.:lobt2:

and kudos to Orlando for surprising alot of people and making it this far.

JoeTait75
06-14-2009, 09:41 PM
And while we're all in a fellating mood, here's to everyone who makes ST what it is. See ya all in October, fellas.

Lakers2009champs
06-14-2009, 09:43 PM
HAHA, I knew it. LAKERS ARE THE CHAMPS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..

REPEAT REPEAT..

Dex
06-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Props to the Orlando Magic for sticking around to watch. I'm sure it's hard to swallow the pride, but its a respectful and respectable move.

Hopefully somewhere Lebron James is taking note.

DDS4
06-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Congrats to the Lakers and their fans.

Dex
06-14-2009, 09:48 PM
vBookie on the celebratory damages total?

adidas11
06-14-2009, 09:53 PM
That's funny to see Bill Russell presenting a trophy during a Lakers final win. He is the enemy.

NBAfan83
06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Congrats to the lakers and their fans

the better team won.

kobesucks23
06-14-2009, 09:59 PM
the magic did not show up now the fakers won the chip

Kriz-Maxima
06-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Congrats. I'm very happy for Kobe.

kobesucks23
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
cant wait for the clips to get blake griffin and beast the fakers

kobesucks23
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
and fire dumbleavy

ploto
06-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Congrats Lakers! The best team this season!

mytespurs
06-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Though I live in LA as a non Lakers fan, I just want to say this

:toast x15 :)

Congratulations to the Lakers...NBA Champs 2009-2010! Best team in the NBA!

:king

ShoogarBear
06-14-2009, 10:10 PM
etc.

:rollin

Nice.

ElNono
06-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Best team won... can't argue with that... Congrats.

benefactor
06-14-2009, 10:17 PM
ftl...peace.

BeeGee
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
ftl...peace.Facto! Waddup, mah ninja!

Artest93
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Best team won... can't argue with that... Congrats.

No, the healthiest team won

benefactor
06-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Facto! Waddup, mah ninja!
Sup brotha...how's life on the Wire?

Chillen
06-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Congrats to the 2009 NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers. Enjoy it fellas!

MarHill
06-14-2009, 10:32 PM
My congratulations to the Los Angeles Lakers and their fans on their 15th championship for the franchise.

I have to give respect where respect is due!!! Even though, I'm a Spurs fan and it pains me to see the Lakers win another title.....they have earned this championship.

And all I want...is the Spurs to be fully healthy and get back to Spurs-Lakers battles for the West next season!!

Kudos to the Lakers!!!!

daslicer
06-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I will say it is what is they won the championship which nobody can deny.

Dr. Gonzo
06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Kobe should be thanking his lawyers for smearing the name of a rape victim in the press. He couldn't have gotten away with rape and won a championship without them.

Def Rowe
06-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Some classy NBA fans in this thread.

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Kobe should be thanking his lawyers for smearing the name of a rape victim in the press. He couldn't have gotten away with rape and won a championship without them.

she still got paid, which is all she wanted

flipcritic
06-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Am late. Enjoy the moment Laker fans. :)

Til next season.

jmard5
06-15-2009, 12:18 AM
The better team won. Congratulations Laker fans.

erikuff
06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
A deserved win, but Spurs will be back

liltinybus
06-15-2009, 02:05 AM
I registered just to say how classy most people are here, especially the Spurs fans. Of all of our "rivals" over the recent years, you guys really have been our only true rivals and have always been classy as an organization and your players have shown it too, unlike a lot of other teams including last year's champs.

Thanks for the congrats and hopefully you guys rebound and stay in the mix for years to come.

freedom&justice
06-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Congratulations Lakers. Number 15! Great job. :toast:lobt2:

bobbybob0
06-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Congrats Lakers !

crc21209
06-15-2009, 04:34 AM
The Lakers DVD is going to be boring as shit. :lol. Besides maybe a little scare in the Rockets series, it was no contest in the other series' against Utah, Denver, and Orlando.

Brazil
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Am late, I was on holiday fortunately !

Congrat Lakers, the best team won. I'm happy for the decent Lakers fans, for the others next year you will eat the dust. FTL.

LakeShow
06-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Now I feel bad for every mean thing I ever said about the Spurs…Forgive Me?

That's why I chose not to post much because of all the douchebag spursfans that were using every excuse possible and making some of the most outlandish claims imagined. It wasn't worth responding to.

Props to the real basketball knowledgeable spurs fans and fans of other teams who recognize the Lakers for what they are, the 2009 NBA Champions. :toast

ShoogarBear
06-16-2009, 05:30 PM
LOL at LakeShow comparing himself to Sportcamper.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-16-2009, 05:34 PM
the lakers were lucky the suns didn't make the playoffs.

LakeShow
06-16-2009, 08:44 PM
LOL at LakeShow comparing himself to Sportcamper.

I really wasn't trying to compare myself to Sportcamper, I was merely saying that I didn't need to say that I took anything back because I didn't play. That's all.

Why in the fuck are you worried about it anyway? Shouldn't you be following timvp around like you always do? Kori should be concerned with your man-crush on homeboy. That shits pretty gay.

Purple & Gold
06-16-2009, 10:20 PM
:clap :clap :clap

mystargtr34
06-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Do the Grizzlies get to raise a banner of some sort?

ShoogarBear
06-16-2009, 11:05 PM
I really wasn't trying to compare myself to Sportcamper, I was merely saying that I didn't need to say that I took anything back because I didn't play. That's all.

Why in the fuck are you worried about it anyway? Shouldn't you be following timvp around like you always do? Kori should be concerned with your man-crush on homeboy. That shits pretty gay.

Oh, no. The internet gay card. A devastating attack, Mr. Darrow. Another quality piece of work.

timvp
06-16-2009, 11:26 PM
I'd like to personally welcome back the Laker fans who disappeared after that Rockets series got a little too rocky. You can have a seat over there next to the Laker fans who registered right after the Pau Gasol trade.

Purple & Gold
06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
I'd like to personally welcome back the Laker fans who disappeared after that Rockets series got a little too rocky. You can have a seat over there next to the Laker fans who registered right after the Pau Gasol trade.

TY for your that, but to be honest most are just really superstitious or just don't give a shit what you think. In my case I happen to be entirely way too superstitious as well as not giving a shit what you think. Whatever the reason it worked :lobt2:

VivaPopovich
06-17-2009, 03:02 AM
sure. congrats phil, congrats lakers. now enjoy it, cause next season you won't enjoy it again.

21_Blessings
06-17-2009, 03:17 AM
sure. congrats phil, congrats lakers. now enjoy it, cause next season you won't enjoy it again.

Who's going to beat them? One thing we know for certain is it won't be the Spurs.

DollarSlice
06-17-2009, 01:26 PM
For anyone interested you can check out the the celebration parade online. Here's the link. (http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/live1/?cid=playoff?cid=playoff1)

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 04:57 PM
8gxJGfhKKyM

I wish I was there:depressed

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 05:04 PM
oiBaI4VbQcQ

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Just came back from the parade area. That shit was so packed. I almost didn't get a seat. Too many Mexicans there. We almost got in a fight. It was fun. I loved how everyone booed Sasha, though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-17-2009, 06:25 PM
LMFAO I figured Sasha would get booed.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Too many Mexicans there. We almost got in a fight. It was fun. I loved how everyone booed Sasha, though.

:wowToo many mexicans! Nothing new, as for Sasha somebody should've jumped his sorry ass. I bet you he's fucking right now though.

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm just happy I got a seat. I woke up with a hangover, and didn't think I was going to make it. We got to the coliseum around 9:45 ish and that shit was packed. I also saw this short Mexican girl with humungous titties. To me, that and Sasha gettting booed were the highlghts of the day.

*disclaimer* I am not fixing my typos.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 06:34 PM
. I also saw this short Mexican girl with humungous titties. To me, that and Sasha gettting booed were the highlghts of the day.

*disclaimer* I am not fixing my typos.

I think Odom spotted her too!!!

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2009/06/17/16/948Lakers_Parade_Basketball.sff.xlgraphic.prod_aff iliate.4.jpg

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
It was also cool how Ariza got the second or third loudst cheer out of everyone. He had to come back out for another standing ovation.

KSeal
06-17-2009, 06:56 PM
It was also cool how Ariza got the second or third loudst cheer out of everyone. He had to come back out for another standing ovation.

Yeah, that was tight, Ariza is a badass. Sasha getting booed :lmao

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 07:01 PM
How cool would that be, an outdoor Laker game at the coliseum.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 07:06 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1817/paugasolr.jpg

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 07:09 PM
And before any Laker Hater beats me to it, here ya go. Have fun!!!!
http://www.clublakers.com/forum/download/file.php?id=122

pauls931
06-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Lets make this thread a sticky!!!

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 08:57 PM
http://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gif http://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gifhttp://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gif2008 NBA Finals - Los Angeles Lakers - #24 Kobe Bryant - Purple Game-Worn Jerseyhttp://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gifhttp://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/auct_nba/site/img/prod/prod_corner.gifhttp://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gifCurrent Bid: $ 19,040.00 [ChannelingtheTruth] http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder90349/img6551661med.jpghttp://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/auct_nba/site/img/prod/prod_view.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:openWin(lastvalue);)
Number of Bids47 (Bid History) (http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/bidhistorylist.d2w/report?aunbr=95196278&wl=51136034)Quantity Available: 1 Bid Increment:$ 20.00 Opening Bid:$ 350.00Listing Type:Open AuctionListing Number:95196278Open Date:06/05/2008 21:07 ESTClose Date:06/24/2008 21:59 EST (or later) (http://javascript<b></b>:winPopup('http://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/auct_nba/site/extended.html','winPopup', 460, 400, 0);) http://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gifhttp://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gifhttp://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gifMove Mouse Over Image to View Largerhttp://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder90349/img6551661thmb.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:openWin('http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder90349/img6551661.jpg');)http://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gifhttp://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder90349/img6551660thmb.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:openWin('http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder90349/img6551660.jpg');)http://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/blank.gifhttp://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder90349/img6551662thmb.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:openWin('http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog2130/folder90349/img6551662.jpg');)Welcome to the NBA and MeiGray Group Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program.

The NBA and MeiGray Group Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program is proud to offer fans and collectors across the globe the opportunity to own a piece of history … the Los Angeles Lakers jersey worn by #24 Kobe Bryant in Game 1 and Game 2 of the 2008 NBA Finals.

This jersey will be on display at the NBA Store on Fifth Avenue and West 52nd Street in Manhattan beginning Monday, June 9.

Bryant wore this jersey, adorned with the NBA Finals Trophy Patch, on Thursday, June 5 and Sunday June 8, when the Western Conference champion Lakers faced the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Celtics in Game 1 and Game 2 at TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Bryant scored 24 points and registered 6 assists and 3 rebounds in Game 1. He scored 30 points with 8 assists and 4 rebounds in Game 2.

If they auction the NBA Finals jerseys, I wonder how much Kobe's is gonna go for this year!

duncan228
06-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Thousands gather for Lakers victory parade (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=afp-basketnbafinalsparade&prov=afp&type=lgns)

Tens of thousands of basketball fans descended on downtown Los Angeles as the city saluted its NBA Championship-winning Lakers at a victory parade.

Several hundred police officers were out in force for the presentation, which began at the Lakers' Staples Center before finishing with a rally in front of around 80,000 fans at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Large crowds of fans dressed in the Lakers' purple and gold colors lined the parade route while the Coliseum, venue for the 1984 Olympic Games, packed out roughly an hour before a victory rally got underway.

"Thank you so much to all the fans," Lakers guard Derek Fisher shouted to the crowd just before the parade began near Staples Center. "Thank you for the support this year, baby. We love you. Let's go Lakers!"

Kobe Bryant, the championship series MVP, hoisted the NBA championship trophy as he sat atop one of the double-decker buses carrying the team.

Bryant told fans at the Coliseum he hoped the victory would be the first of a new era for the Lakers.

"We have a young team, you know, a team that has a lot of chemistry and we're all hungry," Bryant told the crowd.

"We feel this championship. We feel the energy of the city. We want to do this thing again and again. So you know we'll be back next year ready to go."

The parade came after the Lakers clinched the NBA finals series 4-1 on Sunday with a victory over the Orlando Magic in Florida.

Sunday's triumph triggered ugly scenes near the Staples Center, with a small number of fans starting fires, smashing cars, looting stores and hurling missiles at police officers, leading to 18 arrests.

Los Angeles Police Department chief William Bratton had warned before Wednesday's parade troublemakers would meet with a "zero tolerance" approach.

"If you come in and you're drinking, you're drunk and you're misbehaving, you're going to be arrested," he said.

An LAPD spokesman said Wednesday "several people" had been arrested for throwing objects at officers as they tried to force their way into the Coliseum.

Despite complaints over the two-million-dollar bill for the parade, the cost to the city had been reduced after donations of around 850,000 dollars by wealthy individuals in Los Angeles, local media reported.

The Lakers and the owners of the Staples Center had contributed another one million to the cost.

LakeShow
06-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Just came back from the parade area. That shit was so packed. I almost didn't get a seat. Too many Mexicans there. We almost got in a fight. It was fun. I loved how everyone booed Sasha, though.

:lol Angelenos, dawg. It was all good!

lefty
06-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Even without their purple unis on, Lakers look pretty gay

Showtime24 LAKERS
06-17-2009, 10:22 PM
http://usctrojans.cstv.com/blog/assets_c/2009/06/0617coliseumlakerspan2.html

^ that place was packed !!

IronMexican
06-17-2009, 11:14 PM
I really wish I had another pic of that girls titties. It's all I can think about now.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
06-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I really wish I had another pic of that girls titties. It's all I can think about now.

You have a long summer to think about it :toast

The Gemini Method
06-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Spent yesterday in the glory of the Lakers' Coliseum rally and the sun! Man, we were entrenched amongst a good amount of eses and really beautiful Latina girls, so it didn't really mattered. I think we were the only non-Latinos in our section, but we celebrated with all kinds of people and got a few boobie flashes since we also had the bottle of Patron and Goose being passed around...

IronMexican
06-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Gemini, didn't it seem like 3 out of every 5 people were bald headed Mexicans?

The Gemini Method
06-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Gemini, didn't it seem like 3 out of every 5 people were bald headed Mexicans?

I would agree with you that 3 out of 5 were bald Mexicans and/or their girls and children in tow. They were, for the most part, well behaved in our section. Only when we left and were making our way past USC and down Figueroa did a few gang situations arise and some woofing and idiocy begun to show colors. However, the LAPD did step in before any senseless actions went down.

But damn, some of the Latinas were damn smoking and realllll friendly...

IronMexican
06-18-2009, 12:47 PM
I would agree with you that 3 out of 5 were bald Mexicans and/or their girls and children in tow. They were, for the most part, well behaved in our section. Only when we left and were making our way past USC and down Figueroa did a few gang situations arise and some woofing and idiocy begun to show colors. However, the LAPD did step in before any senseless actions went down.

But damn, some of the Latinas were damn smoking and realllll friendly...

Hahah, yeah. These fucking guys that didn't even go the parade tried to start shit. It was me and my cousin vs some kids that looked 15 or some shit. They were like "Ey ese, this is my barrio". I was kind of like whatever.

The Gemini Method
06-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Hahah, yeah. These fucking guys that didn't even go the parade tried to start shit. It was me and my cousin vs some kids that looked 15 or some shit. They were like "Ey ese, this is my barrio". I was kind of like whatever.

Stupid man, that's the only bone of contention of I have with the so-called Lakers fans of today. I know it is part of the locale that some of the fans are going to be just plain retarded, but that is what it is.

The group starting yelling Barrio Positas and I think Mara Salvatrucha was the other group. I thought man, MS is no joke so I'm thinking we should kick back in the rear of the crowd until the whole thing settles down.

duncan228
06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
LA Times today.

Kobe Bryant says (sort of) that he'll be back (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-kobe-parade18-2009jun18,0,23134.story?track=rss)
Bryant could opt out of his Lakers contract and become a free agent, but he tells cheering fans at the Coliseum, 'This is my home. ... We'll be back next year, ready to go.'
By Mike Bresnahan

Three days after the championship, it was time for the celebration.

But for many Lakers fans, the biggest reward Wednesday was the strong hint dropped by Kobe Bryant.

Coming off his first MVP performance in the NBA Finals, Bryant exuberantly shared thoughts of his future among cheering fans at the Lakers' championship rally.

"Where am I going to go?" he said into a microphone when asked if he would stay with the Lakers. "This is my home."

Bryant was speaking in front of a packed crowd at the Coliseum, the end point for a celebratory parade that began Wednesday at 11:22 a.m. at Staples Center.

Bryant, 30, can become an unrestricted free agent next month by terminating his Lakers contract with two more years and $47.8 million on it. The 13-year veteran could then re-sign with the Lakers for five years and about $135 million.

"It's been a blast being here from '96 to now," he said to the crowd. "Here we are, back on top. This feels unbelievable. We have a young team, a team that has a lot of chemistry. We want to do this thing again and again. We'll be back next year, ready to go. We're going to keep on rolling."

Mercifully, Mark Madsen was not around to show off his dancing talents, though there were plenty of other events to remember Wednesday.

Players displayed a variety of emotions while riding in a caravan of double-decker buses to the Coliseum.

Bryant yelled out, extended his right arm and pounded his chest. Luke Walton smoked a cigar and relaxed with his girlfriend at his side. Derek Fisher might have been the most animated player, clapping his hands and raising his arms seemingly without pause on the slow two-mile ride that took almost an hour to complete.

When the Lakers arrived at the Coliseum, they gathered on the basketball court imported from Staples Center and placed in the end zone near the peristyle.

Coach Phil Jackson didn't take part in the bus caravan but waited quietly for the team to arrive while sitting in the back of a black SUV at the Coliseum. Lakers owner Jerry Buss did not attend the parade, as is his custom, choosing instead to watch it at home.

Fisher carried the championship trophy into the Coliseum as "I Love L.A." played in the background. When he got to the center of the court, Fisher raised the trophy above his head as the crowd roared.

Several players took turns addressing the crowd.

"This is the most fun that I've ever had on a winning team," Fisher said. "This is the best city in the world to be a champion. We're the champs. We're the best. Anybody want to do this again next year?"

Pau Gasol suggested that another victory parade would be in store a year from now.

"We're still hungry," he said. "We're not done yet. We want more. After experiencing what we experienced in the parade coming here and being in this beautiful stadium, we want to definitely offer you more. So be ready for it."

Walton, a six-year veteran who had lost in two previous trips to the Finals, reminded fans that his father, Bill, received one of his two championship rings with the Boston Celtics, the Lakers' longtime rival.

The kicker, supplied by Walton: "My ring is with a better franchise than his ring is with."

Walton also referred to a vision of the Lakers going into next season with "Coach Jackson coaching us."

Jackson, 63, is expected to return next season, though he did not divulge his plans Wednesday.

Etc.

A few minutes before the players arrived at the Coliseum, Lakers public-address announcer Lawrence Tanter asked the crowd to acknowledge longtime Lakers consultant Tex Winter and the lateplay-by-play announcer Chick Hearn. Winter is recovering from a stroke sustained two months ago. Hearn died in 2002, a couple of months after the Lakers won a third consecutive championship. . . . Bryant did not wear the white Adidas championship T-shirts worn by most of his teammates. Instead, he sported a dark shirt by Nike, decorated with a brown open palm (with four fingers) and rings on each finger, part of Nike's promotional "puppet" campaign. . . . The crowd booed when Lakers radio commentator Mychal Thompson mentioned that Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James won the regular-season MVP award. Thompson quickly said he knew Bryant would get a better award, the Finals MVP. Thompson then added, "Three more to pass those ugly Celtics."