PDA

View Full Version : Kobe will outdo Lebron tonight

RsxPiimp
05-23-2009, 12:33 PM
and fail miserably.

kobe's a competitor and both lebron and kobe are trying to outstage each other. there's kobe's 60+ pts at the garden and lebron followed that by scoring 50 and in a triple double fashion (i think he deserves that rebound)

kobe will try to score 50-60 pts while shooting 48 shots but it will be a futile attempt because he'll shiit the lakers out of their game while the nuggets takes the series with a 2-1 lead.

book it laker fans

DrHouse
05-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I disagree. Kobe will be more aggressive, but only because it's a road game.

The only one who tries to outdo the other is Lebron (MSG earlier this year). Kobe is too old for that.

RsxPiimp
05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
I disagree. Kobe will be more aggressive, but only because it's a road game.

The only one who tries to outdo the other is Lebron (MSG earlier this year). Kobe is too old for that.

we'll see...dr house. we'll see.....

JamStone
05-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Kobe should try to do more tonight. With two bitch ass pussies as teammates in the starting line-up (Gasol and Bynum) and another starter sucking worse than an Iverson-Billups trade, Kobe will have to be more aggressive and try to score more. Kobe's not too old to pay attention to what LeBron does and want to top it. But, Kobe has calmed down with that sort of thing to a certain degree, at least to the degree that I think he'll still put winning ahead of it. Now if it so happens that he can do both of them, top LeBron and the Lakers win, I think he'll be all for it.

Amaso
05-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Denver still doesn't have anyone that can really slow Kobe down, he should try to go for 50 tonight.

IronMexican
05-23-2009, 01:45 PM
So glad a Laker fan didn't make this.

JustBlaze
05-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Prediction-- Kobe will attempt 30+ shots tonight.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Kobe doesnt need to do shit to prove anything,we already know who he is as a playa. he just wants to win another LOB

Man In Black
05-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Kobe doesnt need to do shit to prove anything,we already know who he is as a playa. he just wants to win another LOB

Actually, and you already know this, he wants to win a LOB as the unquestioned leader of the Lakers and has been trying to do it since 2004.

It's an ego thing that stems from his dad's inability to get the spotlight when he was JellyBean Bryant in the NBA. Since he couldn't get that attention here, he bailed off to Italy where he got lots of it. It's influential on a young KBB.

Allanon
05-23-2009, 03:50 PM
So glad a Laker fan didn't make this.

Nice vBookie.

Spur-Addict
05-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Prediction-- Kobe will attempt 30+ shots tonight.

At least the higher 20's.

IronMexican
05-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice vBookie.

:bking

Not too bad yourself.

JamStone
05-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I think Kobe deserves credit for the way he approached the game offensively. He was aggressive, attacking the rim, but for the most part, he wasn't forcing things too much. He got teammates involved, especially Gasol finally. And, when he did get aggressive, his team clearly needed him to be. And, then he took over down the stretch. Had 24 FG attempts with 17 FTA but shot 50% from the field and still got 5 assists to 1 turnover. I'm sure Kobe still wanted to play extremely well after watching what LeBron did last night, but I don't think he over did it in a way that may have sacrificed or compromised his team and their chance to win the game. Plus, he kept his cool several times, particularly after that Dahntay Jones two hand foul while Kobe was already in the air, being aware that he doesn't want to get more technical fouls. Really good game by Kobe. And, aside from the dramatic game winner LeBron had, you could "argue" (but probably unsuccessfully) that Kobe did out perform LeBron... but that LeBron game winner does carry a lot more weight.

KSeal
05-24-2009, 12:11 AM
This was an epic fail of a thread. Kobe tonight>>>>>>LBJ last night. LBJ prayer got answered but he choked down the stretch multiple times whereas Kobe made all the plays like he always does.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2009, 12:17 AM
This was an epic fail of a thread. Kobe tonight>>>>>>LBJ last night. LBJ prayer got answered but he choked down the stretch multiple times whereas Kobe made all the plays like he always does.

Kobe was Kobe

but he didn't outdo Lebron. They both clinched the games but in different ways. Lebron has SOOO LITTLE HELP ON OFFENSE, you can't compare what Kobe has to do in the 4th, with what Lebron has to do the whole entire fucking game.
Kobe is basically shifting into his comfortable role as closer similar to the Shaq-Kobe years...
Pau Gasol makes his life a LOT easier.

Lebron + Pau Gasol on offense, with Big Ben, or Big Z, Varajao compensating for his defense = 16 - 0 sweep to the Championship.

Armando
05-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Kobe has more talent the LeBron does. What LeBron has is players arround him that bring it everynight.

JamStone
05-24-2009, 12:21 AM
You don't have to put down LeBron just to praise Kobe. Why do fans of either always feel the need to do that? LeBron had a couple of bad plays down the stretch last night. So did Kobe tonight. Kobe missed two important free throws in the final minutes and he gave that and-one foul on that Chauncey Billups' three pointer that gave them a four point play after the Lakers had just gone up by 1 point.

Neither played perfect down the stretch, but both were still great in closing the games when it mattered most. You can praise both guys and both deserve it.

RsxPiimp
05-24-2009, 01:11 AM
You don't have to put down LeBron just to praise Kobe. Why do fans of either always feel the need to do that? LeBron had a couple of bad plays down the stretch last night. So did Kobe tonight. Kobe missed two important free throws in the final minutes and he gave that and-one foul on that Chauncey Billups' three pointer that gave them a four point play after the Lakers had just gone up by 1 point.

Neither played perfect down the stretch, but both were still great in closing the games when it mattered most. You can praise both guys and both deserve it.

thank you.

btw laker fans this is an anti jinx thread. y'all should thank me for it. ill do the same thing on monday night.