PDA

View Full Version : Another Sad Day for my family.

BruceBowenFan
05-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Riley was her name, she was a german sheperd. Full of life, and only 14 weeks old, never got to live life to its fullest. R.I.P. Riley.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo34/c0/7c/6d0a45f37b7f__1243070917000.jpeg

angel_luv
05-23-2009, 12:45 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

BruceBowenFan
05-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks.

jman3000
05-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Only 14 weeks? That sucks. Just enough to get attached, but not enough to really get the full experience of having a puppy. Bleh. German Shephards are great, obedient, protective, and caring dogs too.
Was it a car? Parvo?

Bukefal
05-23-2009, 12:54 PM
So young!! :depressed im sorry, that must be horrible. I have a dog too. I love dogs. Cant even imagine life without her.

BruceBowenFan
05-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Only 14 weeks? That sucks. Just enough to get attached, but not enough to really get the full experience of having a puppy. Bleh. German Shephards are great, obedient, protective, and caring dogs too.
Was it a car? Parvo?

Parvo, i never heard of it until yesterday when i took her to the vet.

duncan228
05-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a pet family member.

JudynTX
05-23-2009, 02:51 PM
:( I am so so sorry for your loss. She's beautiful. Do you have other pets?

BruceBowenFan
05-23-2009, 02:52 PM
:( I am so so sorry for your loss. She's beautiful. Do you have other pets?

2 chihuahua, 3 cats, and a female lab

JudynTX
05-23-2009, 03:00 PM
2 chihuahua, 3 cats, and a female lab

I bet they know something isn't right. :( You have my condolences.

:tu cats

duncan228
05-23-2009, 03:24 PM
I bet they know something isn't right.

I had to put one of my cats down in January, and my other cats absolutely knew. They mourned for a month, if I hadn't seen it myself I don't know if I would have believed it.

They're a family; a mother, father, and two sons. It was one of the sons I lost, I don't know if their behavior was influenced by the fact that they're blood. It was hard on them though, there's no doubt about that.

BruceBowenFan
05-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I bet they know something isn't right. :( You have my condolences.

:tu cats

Thanks again, the female lab knew something isnt right. She is still grieving from earlier this year when our male lab passed away.

BruceBowenFan
05-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I had to put one of my cats down in January, and my other cats absolutely knew. They mourned for a month, if I hadn't seen it myself I don't know if I would have believed it.

They're a family; a mother, father, and two sons. It was one of the sons I lost, I don't know if their behavior was influenced by the fact that they're blood. It was hard on them though, there's no doubt about that.

Yea our female lab wouldnt eat or do anything when our male lab passed away, i wonder how she will act with this passing away of our german sheperd.

ashbeeigh
05-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Oh my gosh! My parents, before I was born, lost a dog to parvo too. My dad still almost cries thinking about it. I'm so sorry. I'll keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

jack sommerset
05-23-2009, 05:07 PM
My mom had a dog that died recently. I think he was 16. Weiner dog. I bet she spent 10,000 dollars on vet bills throughout his life. I went to the vet to have him put a sleep with her. She held him in her arms as the doctor put the poision in his IV. It took a couple of seconds then he died. Pretty sad sight. She is 60 and she says she never wants to go through that again and will not be getting a dog. I don't have the feelings for a dog that some other people have. If my dog passes I will miss her but within a few days I will be getting a new one.

BruceBowenFan
05-23-2009, 05:24 PM
My mom had a dog that died recently. I think he was 16. Weiner dog. I bet she spent 10,000 dollars on vet bills throughout his life. I went to the vet to have him put a sleep with her. She held him in her arms as the doctor put the poision in his IV. It took a couple of seconds then he died. Pretty sad sight. She is 60 and she says she never wants to go through that again and will not be getting a dog. I don't have the feelings for a dog that some other people have. If my dog passes I will miss her but within a few days I will be getting a new one.

Hey everybody is different.

mrsmaalox
05-23-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my cat about a year ago. It still hurts; today my daughter and I remembered something funny "Tiny" used to do and almost immediately our tears started again :(

Frenzy
05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
what do people do with dead family pets?

BruceBowenFan
05-24-2009, 01:25 AM
what do people do with dead family pets?

If you must ask, i buried her in my backyard.

Summers
05-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Sorry about your dog BBF. She was beautiful.

BruceBowenFan
05-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry about your dog BBF. She was beautiful.

Thank you Summers.

JudynTX
05-25-2009, 12:03 PM

:( Awwwww

Yea our female lab wouldnt eat or do anything when our male lab passed away, i wonder how she will act with this passing away of our german sheperd.

How is the female lab doing today?

If you must ask, i buried her in my backyard.

That's where my cat is going. :)

BruceBowenFan
05-25-2009, 01:03 PM
How is the female lab doing today?

She is sad right now. she jumped the fence yesterday a few times i think she was trying to go find her.