PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are not trading the Big 3! (What a concept!!)

MarHill
05-23-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't usually rant at all on a forum.

However, I'm sick of everyone suggest one or two of the Big 3 should be traded.

Most people in and out of the Spurs' organization knows it will not happen.

So why do people continue to suggest it?

I know here's come the rebuttals:

Duncan's getting older

Manu's hasn't been healthy the last two years

Parker has emerged at a top 15 player in the league and his trade value has never been higher.

And so on......

After 2003...the Spurs have built this current team on the Big 3 and there's no need to change it right now.

It is disappointing the Spurs lost in the 1st round since 2000...absolutely! But one first round flame out in 9 years is something I can live with. Even the mighty Lakers had three mediocre seasons this decade.

But, I'm so tired of people wanting to change something that everyone knows it will not change.

Even Pop said at the end of the season...the time to replace superstars is NOT NOW!!!!

I could go on why...the Big 3 shouldn't be traded. But those reasons have explained and debated on the forum repeatedly.

I just hope that common sense and perspective.....will dawn on some Spurs fans in this century!!

That's my rant!!!

:flag:

Wolverine83
05-23-2009, 07:11 PM
I couldn't agree more. The fact is, if Manu is healthy, we would be battling LA right now. Luckily the Spurs management isn't known for grasping at the fan's every whim.

Go Nuggets.

ducks
05-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Duncan's getting older

Parker has emerged at a top 15 player in the league and his trade value has never been higher.

And so on......

After 2003...the Spurs have built this current team on the Big 3 and there's no need to change it right now.

It is disappointing the Spurs lost in the 1st round since 2000...absolutely! But one first round flame out in 9 years is something I can live with. Even the mighty Lakers had three mediocre seasons this decade.

But, I'm so tired of people wanting to change something that everyone knows it will not change.

Even Pop said at the end of the season...the time to replace superstars is NOT NOW!!!!

I could go on why...the Big 3 shouldn't be traded. But those reasons have explained and debated on the forum repeatedly.

I just hope that common sense and perspective.....will dawn on some Spurs fans in this century!!

That's my rant!!!

:wgaf:

use the ignore feature
not a hard concept

spurs were going to let david robinson walk did you say that would not happen either

ducks
05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
I couldn't agree more. The fact is, if Manu is healthy, we would be battling LA right now. Luckily the Spurs management isn't known for grasping at the fan's every whim.

Go Nuggets.

the fact he has been hurt in the last two playoffs is a concern

MarHill
05-23-2009, 07:31 PM
:wgaf:

use the ignore feature
not a hard concept

spurs were going to let david robinson walk did you say that would not happen either

First of all, of course I could ignore it.

That is always the rebuttal.......isn't it?? Sometimes, you have to respond to what everyone's talking about it. That makes you human...eh!!!

Second, the Spurs didn't let David Robinson get away and he played his entire career with them. That's not a fair argument!

The point is....everyone knows it's not going to happen so why keep suggesting it?

raspsa
05-23-2009, 08:51 PM
The point is....everyone knows it's not going to happen so why keep suggesting it?

One of the best reasons to use the Ignore function.

spursbird
05-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Fans just had their own ideas. You don't need to force them to agree with you. Most of the fans' suggestions never come true.

SpursPreacher
05-24-2009, 01:16 AM
This being a year manu isnt playing ball in summer I am more confident in him,

lefty
05-24-2009, 01:19 AM

Duncan's getting older

And so on......

That's my rant!!!

Interesting.

Do you prefer pancakes or beacon for brunch ?

Lars
05-24-2009, 03:11 AM
They should be

Thomas
05-24-2009, 05:05 AM
The only thing they need is a good big man, and not guys like bonner (good 3 pointshooter but that's it, no defence...)And why arguing about the big 3?
Parker is at his best, Duncan will hopefully be better because he's the fundamental part of this team (and he needs a big man around him more than ever). Ginobili is the X-factor of this team, he's is the joker;)

Rogue
05-24-2009, 05:11 AM
They should be
exactly, but I doubt any other team will make a trade for one of their big 3. Tony Longoria may be the only one to have some trade value, the other two are deeply buried by senility and injury, which pushes them into a situation which is even worse than that of GM and Crysler.

Back to the ground, the big three are all overrated. none of them would be a productive roster on any other team, just like Ben Wallace who turned from DOY into a piece of shit immediately after leaving Detroit for Chicago. TD, Manu and TL are decent players that can be very pivotal in a system they fit well, but can't do an as-good job on any other team.

50Bestspurever
05-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Great rant :rolleyes But your commenting on the SPURS as if they are major players in the NBA comings and goings. We are not!!! We were blessed by the ping ball GODS not once but twice. And the second time around the city of San Antonio was blessed by one of the greatest players the game has ever known. And that mother f@cker brought so much success and joy to this city,the franchise is obligated to keep this run going till Timmy decides it is enough for him and his family. And if it that means trading Manu or Tony, then so be it. Everybody in this city owes Timmy sumthing.

spursbird
05-24-2009, 06:39 AM
Back to the ground, the big three are all overrated. none of them would be a productive roster on any other team.
:lmao
If you think so, then I can tell you why Nowitzki hoped to finish his career in Dallas. That's because he'll be a damn shit role player in other teams.

sananspursfan21
05-24-2009, 05:52 PM
well, smart spurs fans want tony parker to stay. point guard is a very important position and the spurs cannot afford to lose or trade parker.

tim duncan is untouchable. again, no spurs fan in their right mind would ever want tim duncan traded. that's the most asenine idea i've ever heard of.

manu on the other hand i would say is expendable if the price is right. i love manu but if you think about it, he is the reason for 3 of the 4 championships, and he has also been the liability of a couple of the years the spurs could've repeated. as much as i love him as a player and appreciate what he has brought to the table, i wouldn't lose sleep if he was traded for somebody/some players who were respectable.

seems to me like the spurs put a lot of their eggs in manu's basket and since he's VERY injury prone, they're missing a lot of eggs when he's on the bench

ducks
05-24-2009, 07:25 PM
if we can not post our ideas what to do
why even come here

GSH
05-24-2009, 07:36 PM

----

That's my rant!!!

Would it be too much trouble, then, to ask for a list of approved topics? And please include the appropriate point of view for each. That should help things progress more smoothly on RoboTalk in the future.

MarHill
05-24-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm not advocating censorship or anything like that!! Sheesh!!! :bang

But what about common sense and some perspective?

It is okay to have that in a forum!

It doesn't have about things that are not going to happen or conspiracy theories.

I'm always up for a good debate in a forum.

But...the point in having a good debate is both sides have a valid point!!!

MarHill
05-24-2009, 08:45 PM
if we can not post our ideas what to do
why even come here

You can post your ideas all you want.

What about ideas that have a basis of reality too them? :wow

It's okay to have common sense and perspective on a internet forum...too!!

It doesn't always have to be about some conspiracy theory or hare-brained idea that will never happen.

jag
05-24-2009, 08:52 PM
exactly, but I doubt any other team will make a trade for one of their big 3. Tony Longoria may be the only one to have some trade value, the other two are deeply buried by senility and injury, which pushes them into a situation which is even worse than that of GM and Crysler.

Back to the ground, the big three are all overrated. none of them would be a productive roster on any other team, just like Ben Wallace who turned from DOY into a piece of shit immediately after leaving Detroit for Chicago. TD, Manu and TL are decent players that can be very pivotal in a system they fit well, but can't do an as-good job on any other team.

No doubt. The greatest PF of all time is most definitely overrated.

SequSpur
05-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Here's a concept for you.

An NBA season is 82 games. They aren't going to change it so the Spurs need to fucking change their team dumb ass. Duncan is worth about 55 games and Manu is worth about 40. Try that for a fucking concept.

Parker carried this fucking team all year without both of them. Duncan finally showed up in the last game of the playoffs.

I am all for change.. right fuckin now.

MarHill
05-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Here's a concept for you.

An NBA season is 82 games. They aren't going to change it so the Spurs need to fucking change their team dumb ass. Duncan is worth about 55 games and Manu is worth about 40. Try that for a fucking concept.

Parker carried this fucking team all year without both of them. Duncan finally showed up in the last game of the playoffs.

I am all for change.. right fuckin now.

Okay.....mister GM!!

Who are you going to bring if you trade all of the Big 3!!

This is my point exactly....people like this who are suggesting something that will never happen.

Then....this person has to curse and make it personal to get his point across. :bang

Whatever!!

Did you forget we have three championships in the last seven years with this core?

Did you forget this was first time in 9 years....with the Big 3 the Spurs were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs?

Did you forget they still won 54 games and the toughest division in basketball?

Yes...I know they have been hurt for the past 2 years! Well, it happens!!!!

But it has proven when the Big 3 are on the court together they are one of the top 5 teams in the league!!

And in the words of the head coach...oops (I know his opinion doesn't matter to people like you) there is no need to trade for a superstar right now!

But of course never let the facts get in the away of an unrealistic hare-brained idea!!

Thanks!!!

:bang

Bruno
05-25-2009, 01:24 AM
When I see all the crappy trade proposal made for Parker or Ginobili by some people here, I wonder if they even watch Spurs games.
The Duncan/Ginobili/Parker core won 2 championship. They are damn awesome and it's beyond comprehension that people want to break just to get good but not great players.

SequSpur
05-25-2009, 01:36 AM
Okay.....mister GM!!

Who are you going to bring if you trade all of the Big 3!!

This is my point exactly....people like this who are suggesting something that will never happen.

Then....this person has to curse and make it personal to get his point across. :bang

Whatever!!

Did you forget we have three championships in the last seven years with this core?

Did you forget this was first time in 9 years....with the Big 3 the Spurs were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs?

Did you forget they still won 54 games and the toughest division in basketball?

Yes...I know they have been hurt for the past 2 years! Well, it happens!!!!

But it has proven when the Big 3 are on the court together they are one of the top 5 teams in the league!!

And in the words of the head coach...oops (I know his opinion doesn't matter to people like you) there is no need to trade for a superstar right now!

But of course never let the facts get in the away of an unrealistic hare-brained idea!!

Thanks!!!

:bang

hey ding dong... answer this...

how many teams in the playoffs right now have duncan, parker and ginobili on them?

how many teams made it to the semifinals without duncan parker and ginobili on them?

how many teams made it past the first round without duncan, parker and ginobili on them?

would you all fucking get over it and move the fuck on already? I am so ready to blow up this team and move on. Keep Parker and unload these dudes....

Done.

SequSpur
05-25-2009, 01:38 AM
When I see all the crappy trade proposal made for Parker or Ginobili by some people here, I wonder if they even watch Spurs games.
The Duncan/Ginobili/Parker core won 2 championship. They are damn awesome and it's beyond comprehension that people want to break just to get good but not great players.

what does that have to do with 2009?

Fuck.. let's bring back Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen...they won 5 championships...

Hell yeah!

superjames1992
05-25-2009, 01:57 AM
would you all fucking get over it and move the fuck on already? I am so ready to blow up this team and move on. Keep Parker and unload these dudes....

Done.
Alright ... We don't like bandwagoners, anyways...

MarHill
05-25-2009, 08:55 AM
hey ding dong... answer this...

how many teams in the playoffs right now have duncan, parker and ginobili on them?

how many teams made it to the semifinals without duncan parker and ginobili on them?

how many teams made it past the first round without duncan, parker and ginobili on them?

Done.

You just made my point!!!

They won't get rid of something that has been sucessful!!

Oh I forgot...success doesn't matter to people like you. Let's just change something...because you are tired of seeing them.

Again, when you decide to deal in reality and then we can have an honest debate.

For example, should they bring Bruce Bowen or Oberto back? Should they convince Michael Finley to not accept his player option? Should they make a push for Rasheed Wallace or Antonio McDyess?

Those actual ideas that the Spurs can or can not do? And they are legitmate debates on both sides of the issue.

But of course...that doesn't matter to you SequSpur. Get rid of everybody and start over!! :lmao

Also, you will still didn't have an answer for what will you do if you decided to trade the Big 3.

Lastly, the Bulls example was bad...if you remember Jerry Krause decided to blow up that team after the last championship in 1997-1998 and they have stunk until now. Ten years of being terrible because the organization was trying to be smarter than everybody else.

Most people in the basketball world thought that was a premature decision.

Change for the sake of change isn't always good!!

:toast

BackHome
05-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Well trading any of our top three at this point is not something we will do. I agree that our big three can if healthy give us a chance in getting another ring. Howerver, I do agree that alot of people live in the past with our players.

Bowen - I loved the guy but he is going to be 40 years old I would trade him let that team dump him and then sign him for vet min.

Finley - The sam as above......

Oberto - Loved his smarts and passion for the game every time I watch Scola I think that was what he must have been like when he was younger. But that was the past and now he needs to retire or be traded.

Ime - How many idots wrote about this guy being our savior just let him go.

Thomas - The guy is decent but old and slow...I would trade him for a player and a draft pick...

Vaughn..

egtonecity
05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
what does that have to do with 2009?

Fuck.. let's bring back Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen...they won 5 championships...

Hell yeah!

Pretty sure they won 6 ... one three-peat + a second three-peat ...

Yogurt210
05-26-2009, 03:58 PM
dont cry when one of the big three gets traded

Dr. Gonzo
05-26-2009, 04:10 PM
SequSpur is full of win!