PDA

View Full Version : TNT or espn

SPURS vs NBA media
05-23-2009, 07:22 PM
I think espn is piss that they got Kobe instead of Lebron in the conference finals. GO TNT GO

ducks
05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
if they show james one shot more then 5 more times tonight I am going to find that boy and kick his tail

IronMexican
05-23-2009, 07:29 PM
TNT by a mile

MarHill
05-23-2009, 07:32 PM
TNT is better!

Bukefal
05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
TNT definitely!

Strike
05-23-2009, 08:09 PM
ESPN blows diseased whale ass. TNT for basketball every day of the week and twice on sunday.

timtonymanu
05-23-2009, 09:05 PM
TNT by miles.

all ESPN does is suck Kobe and Lebron's dick. plus their broadcasters are lame and uninteresting.

TNT has all the funny gifs, gone fishing pictures, plus they dont spend the whole show talking about Lebron/Kobe.

Typhoon
05-23-2009, 10:02 PM
ESPN

Jon Barry is a genius, and those 3d segments are so fucking good...and then you have Magic, enough said. :rolleyes

braeden0613
05-23-2009, 10:08 PM
you are a confused person if you don't say TNT

CubanSucks
05-23-2009, 10:11 PM
TNT

Really the only problem TNT has is Reggie Miller. And what a big problem he is. The guy is a DUMBASS! Did anyone else see him arguing with the rest of the crew last night about Turkoglu's defense on lebron's game winner?

poop
05-23-2009, 10:47 PM
i like TNT cause they have a post-game show.

all espn has is sportscenter(aka baseball and horseracing center)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2009, 11:35 PM
TNT is better than ABC and ESPN combined...

NBC is the best though...:depressed

poop
05-23-2009, 11:39 PM
yes. i miss the old NBA on NBC. (plays john tesh theme song in mind)

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 11:45 PM
ESPN. Doug Collins and Reggie Miller are horrible doing color, while Jackson and JVG are great at it. Breen's a pretty good play-by-play guy too, but he's not quite Marv Albert. TNT would own all if they'd get Snapper Jones or Walton in to do color.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2009, 11:49 PM
yes. i miss the old NBA on NBC. (plays john tesh theme song in mind)

ABC = Pussycatdolls, Rob Thomas, & the Gay Fish song to compensate for the Loss of Roundball Rock :td

At least the Olympics brought Tesh's song back briefly in 2008, all Americans were reminded of Jordan, and I bet were wondering how the new people were doing since Jordan left.. Ibet if Roundball Rock was brought back to the NBA games the ratings would go back up to 24 million viewers

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
ABC = Pussycatdolls, Rob Thomas, & the Gay Fish song to compensate for the Loss of Roundball Rock :td

Looking at hot bitches > listening to John Tesh.

CubanSucks
05-24-2009, 12:58 AM
in game commentary: espn/abc > tnt

pre and post game: espn/abc < tnt

But again whenever Reggie Miller is doing the post game on tnt it's just fucking pathetic. It's like he tries to fit in SO much but he just doesn't realize that he's not obligated to do this just cause he retired from the sport. The same for Magic, only he's on abc

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Looking at hot bitches > listening to John Tesh.

:td Outside of one, the rest were trannies...

Roundball Rock = millions more kids with nostalgia & Basketball memories

...I prefer Tesh's modern-day masterpiece, over encouraging future Kobe-Kid sex-offenders

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 01:16 AM
TNT & NBC....no one's done it better. ESPN is a football/baseball network.

lefty
05-24-2009, 01:18 AM
in game commentary: espn/abc > tnt

pre and post game: espn/abc < tnt

But again whenever Reggie Miller is doing the post game on tnt it's just fucking pathetic. It's like he tries to fit in SO much but he just doesn't realize that he's not obligated to do this just cause he retired from the sport. The same for Magic, only he's on abc

ESPN. Doug Collins and Reggie Miller are horrible doing color, while Jackson and JVG are great at it. Breen's a pretty good play-by-play guy too, but he's not quite Marv Albert. TNT would own all if they'd get Snapper Jones or Walton in to do color.

Wow. :wow

Sure, Miller and Collins are painful to listen to, but have you watched ESPN/ABC games?

Mark Jackson is the most retarded commentator of the history of mankind, and JVG has been sipping more Laker Milk than Doug Collins ever had.

Plus, Marv and Harlan >>>> Breen and Tirico.

CubanSucks
05-24-2009, 04:28 AM
Wow. :wow

Sure, Miller and Collins are painful to listen to, but have you watched ESPN/ABC games?

Mark Jackson is the most retarded commentator of the history of mankind, and JVG has been sipping more Laker Milk than Doug Collins ever had.

Plus, Marv and Harlan >>>> Breen and Tirico.

Ok well now that you mention it I really don't like ANY in game commentators except Van Gundy who I think is still pretty funny

Rogue
05-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Choosing between TNT and espn is pretty much like the democrats and republicans, you have to choose one even though you clearly know they both suck.

Kamnik
05-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Specifically... it comes downs to several people.

Reggie Miller, Mark Jackson, Chris Webber and Gary Payton ALL SUCK BIG TIME!

TNT regulars & JVG are all good.

I could listen to Barkley, EJ and Kenny forever! Great insight and they understand the game of basketball.

pjjrfan
05-24-2009, 09:39 AM
TNT, as far as the pre-game and post-game shows. They're pretty even on calling the games, although, Marv is a real basketball guy. JVG is really funny and Collins has always gotten on my nerves, I'm just waiting for him to break down on the air.

SenorSpur
05-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that it's a conflict of interest having Magic, as minority owner of the Fakers, in the studio giving his perspective? This is porbably an apples-to-oranges comparision, but ESPN officials criticized Sean Elliott for his apparent Spurs homerism, yet Magic gets a free ride and primetime spot to publically display his man-love for Kobe and the Fakers.

That said, TNT all day, everyday. I enjoy ESPN's game broadcast, but I don't care at all for their studio show.

urunobili
05-24-2009, 10:20 AM
TNT no brainer

Cane
05-24-2009, 10:23 AM
TNT FTW. Hopefully Shaq joins the crew someday.

Spurs_9_20_21
05-24-2009, 10:39 AM
tnt..........duh!!!!! :lol

ffadicted
05-24-2009, 12:13 PM
TNT aren't LBJ whores, and have honest, unbiased opinions.
ESPN is all about marketting the stars

TNT by several miles

Duncan2177
05-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Tnt

R4R
05-24-2009, 02:31 PM
SVG is the only reason I watch ESPN. Hockey is the most retarded sport I've ever seen...too bad I have to sit through that crap to watch the post-game interviews :bang

lefty
05-24-2009, 02:35 PM
SVG is the only reason I watch ESPN. Hockey is the most retarded sport I've ever seen...too bad I have to sit through that crap to watch the post-game interviews :bang

Hockey is amazing

And it's mot rigged

CubanSucks
05-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Hopefully Shaq joins the crew someday.

I really hope that's sarcasm

sonic21
05-24-2009, 03:01 PM
TNT of course

spursnatic
05-24-2009, 10:18 PM
TNT by far!!!...I mean the post game shows are great, what more could you ask for?...All espn talks about is baseball, golf and shit like that...The guys on TNT put it down, while cracking jokes, nothing better!!!!....FUCK espn........

Avitus1
05-25-2009, 01:33 AM
TNT is so much better. When it comes to game itself they are almost equally the same. Though it varies from team to team. Does the team have a star that the NBA backs? If so ESPN will kiss that players ass. TNT isn't innocent of this but ESPN is up so many asses its not funny. I also prefer think that the post and pregame basketball show on TNT "Inside the NBA" is a lot more informative and entertaining.

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:49 AM
If you're judging by pregame, halftime, and postgame coverage, then TNT murders any crew ever put out by ESPN, ABC, NBC, or CBS. Their color commentary ingame is trash though, and makes me hate it when the Spurs play on that network. It completely ruins Marv Albert's and Kevin Harlan's A+ play-by-play work.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that it's a conflict of interest having Magic, as minority owner of the Fakers, in the studio giving his perspective? This is porbably an apples-to-oranges comparision, but ESPN officials criticized Sean Elliott for his apparent Spurs homerism, yet Magic gets a free ride and primetime spot to publically display his man-love for Kobe and the Fakers.

That said, TNT all day, everyday. I enjoy ESPN's game broadcast, but I don't care at all for their studio show.

I've always wondered the same myself.

Gervin44Silas13
05-25-2009, 05:16 AM
TNT

Really the only problem TNT has is Reggie Miller. And what a big problem he is. The guy is a DUMBASS! Did anyone else see him arguing with the rest of the crew last night about Turkoglu's defense on lebron's game winner?

Fuck that Fernegie looking Mother Fucker...Reggie is just bitter cause he never won jack shit!...that"s why he pisses on other teams.

xellos88330
05-25-2009, 06:29 AM
TNT is much more enjoyable than ESPN for me. Makes watching the games so much more fun. Besides, they talk basketball that involves every team, not just the select few that bring in the ratings.

angel_luv
05-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Send Reggie from TNT to ESPN for Magic. Or even as a free gift. :lol

I like TNT.

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Send Reggie from TNT to ESPN for Magic. Or even as a free gift. :lol

I like TNT.

I'd rather send Collins, as much as Miller sucks.

manufan10
05-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Magic sucks!

lefty
05-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I think Tony Parker would be great on TV.

He is so honest, borderline naive on the mic that he would be a perdect fit for TNT.

dallaskd
05-25-2009, 04:03 PM
NBA on NBC.

lefty
05-25-2009, 04:29 PM
NBA on NBC.
:toast

SpursWench21
05-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Pre/Post game - TNT all the way
Commentators - mmm, id say toss up... but edge goes to TNT in my opinion. Van gundy and mark jackson can be down right annoying sometimes. And dont get me started on Jon "the antispur" Barry

Wild Card. Ej, Kenny, and Charles have had some great moments on Inside the NBA and when not cracking too many jokes generally give me great insight.

The only time I like ESPN/abc is when they rarely do good one-on-one interviews that dont include those players who dicks they suck on a daily basis....kobe, lebron, cp3. Like when TNT did a little tidbit on RM jr, that was nice to see not because hes a Spur, but because it was nice story coming from a player that isnt considered a media darling. I want some more stories and analysis on guys you dont hear about much like al jeff, CB4, battier, millsap and the likes.

Overall, I get more excited to watch a game on TNT rather than ESPN/abc

TNT wins

SpursWench21
05-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Oh, and yes I too miss the hell out of NBA on NBC

bostonguy
05-26-2009, 05:38 PM
NBC>>>TNT>>ESPN

I like TNT but the current theme music isnt nearly as good as the one used from 2000-2002.

I miss the NBC days. No one did primetime games like NBC especially during the ECF and WCF to go with the finals. I still remember when it was dateline or a sitcom that was about to end followed by the voice over on the current game. Then the NBA on NBC theme started and got my adrenaline flowing.:depressed

holcs50
05-27-2009, 08:08 PM
TNT-chuck, kenny and ej are hilarious and I also like webber when he's there. Sager is just weird but i always want to see how ridiculous his suit is. In game better commentators also...but when you think of TNT its all about inside the nba guys. Espn is annoying