View Full Version : Funny reaction to The Shot

Thunder Dan
05-23-2009, 07:49 PM
MvTsT_zPGm4

very unprofessional, very Cleveland. Check the guy out in the background

http://blog.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/2009/05/medium_signcc.jpg

Spursfan092120
05-23-2009, 07:52 PM
LMAO..wow..that was hilarious. Hell..if it was my Spurs, I'd probably be doing the same thing...

Thunder Dan
05-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I was there, and I got tackled and fell down a couple rows. It was like a giant most pit

Spursfan092120
05-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I was there, and I got tackled and fell down a couple rows. It was like a giant most pit
lol..I'm jealous man. I've always wanted to be at a game where my team won a playoff game at the buzzer. I'm not rooting for Cleveland..but man..I would have loved to have been at that game...congrats on that one.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-23-2009, 07:57 PM
thats hella funny son

Thunder Dan
05-23-2009, 07:58 PM
lol..I'm jealous man. I've always wanted to be at a game where my team won a playoff game at the buzzer. I'm not rooting for Cleveland..but man..I would have loved to have been at that game...congrats on that one.

yeah. but I took it with a grain of salt because the Cavs look like shit vs. the Magic and don't appear to have any answers for the mismatches. The shot doesn't mean anything if they don't win the series, and they don't appear to have the ability to do that

Spursfan092120
05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
yeah. but I took it with a grain of salt because the Cavs look like shit vs. the Magic and don't appear to have any answers for the mismatches. The shot doesn't mean anything if they don't win the series, and they don't appear to have the ability to do that
They have the ability..no doubt...it's gonna be hell though.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2009, 08:09 PM

All Cleveland needs to do is fix their loss of first half leads...they start off well defensively, but then get sloppy on the perimeter in the second half...

Magic are a gimmick 3 point team with a raw center. They should force Howard to try and beat them with his offense.
It's up to Coach Brown to let Lebron win this series...we'll see if he deserves COY as a Popovich pupil or is just a coach using Lebron as a toboggan to the Finals.
Lebron is so good he can allow room for errors but Brown needs to fix the game 1, and game 2 choke jobs...

JoeTait75
05-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Magic are a gimmick 3 point team with a raw center. They should force Howard to try and beat them with his offense.

That's a nice strategy, and it's basically what the Cavaliers do in the first half, when Orlando is making a concerted effort to get Dewey the ball. He can get his more often than not, but the Cavaliers still do a good job swarming him, turning him over, keeping him from finding his teammates, and in general stagnating Orlando's offense. Cleveland has played Orlando nine times since the start of the 2007-08 season and has led at halftime in at least seven of those games, maybe eight.

Problem is, Orlando abandons that strategy in the second half. Instead they turn to Turk on isolation plays and screen-and-rolls with Rashard, who is basically a 6'10" shooting guard. Van Jeremy gets ripped for that tactic when it fails against other teams (like Detroit)... but it's a perfect strategy against Cleveland's defense, which lacks perimeter defenders able to keep Turk out of the lane and big men who can keep up with Rashard outside.

It's when Orlando goes away from Dewey that they start killing Cleveland's defense. That's the way it's been the last two years. Other than going small (Mo-Delonte-Sasha-LBJ-Varejao) I don't know if the Cavaliers have a good answer for it.

Jacob1983
05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
This should be on The Soup on E! not the crappier version aka Sports Soup. Sports Soup is not funny at all and the host is an unfunny douchebag.

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 09:04 PM

Damn, that must have been crazy to be there to see that. I remember when I went to the Memorial Day Miracle game and everyone was jumping up and hugging strangers, bouncing off of each other like a mosh pit, and so on when Sean hit that shot. It was the first time the Spurs had ever won a big game like that after having it done to them in the playoffs by Horry and Barkley, so the fans went fucking crazy. I imagine Cleveland fans felt the exact same way to get a big win like that after some of the gut-wrenching losses they've had being on the other side of a great play like James' shot.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2009, 10:47 PM
That's a nice strategy, and it's basically what the Cavaliers do in the first half, when Orlando is making a concerted effort to get Dewey the ball. He can get his more often than not, but the Cavaliers still do a good job swarming him, turning him over, keeping him from finding his teammates, and in general stagnating Orlando's offense. Cleveland has played Orlando nine times since the start of the 2007-08 season and has led at halftime in at least seven of those games, maybe eight.

Problem is, Orlando abandons that strategy in the second half. Instead they turn to Turk on isolation plays and screen-and-rolls with Rashard, who is basically a 6'10" shooting guard. Van Jeremy gets ripped for that tactic when it fails against other teams (like Detroit)... but it's a perfect strategy against Cleveland's defense, which lacks perimeter defenders able to keep Turk out of the lane and big men who can keep up with Rashard outside.

It's when Orlando goes away from Dewey that they start killing Cleveland's defense. That's the way it's been the last two years. Other than going small (Mo-Delonte-Sasha-LBJ-Varejao) I don't know if the Cavaliers have a good answer for it. You're right. Outside of Lebron, I can't think of any strong quick defensive bodies that can take Turk and Lewis...and he can't split in two...
Maybe Coach Brown could focus Lebron into being a defensive stopper on one of them, while switching midgets to front and funnel the others away from the three point line. He could also rely on facilitator Lebron on offense since Lebron would play his defensive stopper role, more...although it's pretty risky, because Cleveland is exposed for being the same similar crap that Lebron has had the previous two years, outside of Lebron they have no one to carry the offensive weight reliably..

Hmmm, the only defensive solution on those I can think of right now. is using ....I swear he's the only one who draws multiple charges while still in MOTION...

KidCongo
05-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Now the Cavs dilemma is find a way to slow down so many Orlando options, especially down the stretch...Think about it...In this series, the Cavs have led for 84 of the 96 total minutes..(that's 87 percent of the time) and most of that time, they've enjoyed double-digit leads....but the Magic are hitting 4th quarter clutch shots with stunning regularity to the tune of 68 percent in the 24:00 of 4th quarter basketball.

spurscenter
05-23-2009, 11:23 PM
newscasters, journalism out the door since the election of 2008.

Anyhow, I want my sports reporters to do the same if spurs won on a shot like that.

lefty
05-23-2009, 11:33 PM
:lmao

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 11:43 PM
The entire country reacted the same way....except a couple of us hiding in caves, lol.

IronMexican
05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
I thought they were talking like "ok, so you think it's over? Not when you have LeBron in there" The black guy screaming caught me off guard.

Budkin
05-24-2009, 12:04 AM
I went to school near Cleveland and remember watching the newscasters as the Indians were about to win the 1997 World Series, needing just 2 outs with Jose Mesa on the mound in the 9th... damn that was some depressing shit.

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 12:06 AM
I went to school near Cleveland and remember watching the newscasters as the Indians were about to win the 1997 World Series, needing just 2 outs with Jose Mesa on the mound in the 9th... damn that was some depressing shit.

That was one of the best days of my sports life. I was on that Marlins bandwagon hard.....although everyone in the game was probably on roids in retrospect.

iggypop123
05-24-2009, 12:09 AM
bob costas and baseball dont mix well

JoeTait75
05-24-2009, 12:18 AM
As far as emotional swings from despair to elation are concerned, the only thing that can compare in my memory is the '86 playoff game against the Jets, when the Browns were down 20-10 with four minutes left and came back to win in double-OT. And that took longer than last night, which was instantaneous.