PDA

View Full Version : Is Melo in the same class as Kobe and Lebron?

Ghazi
05-23-2009, 10:24 PM
:lol :lol :downspin:

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:27 PM
No Melo is not in the same class as Bryant or Wade

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Wade is not in the same class as Kobe. Melo is a third tier player, which is why he was third team all NBA. James and Kobe are all alone. And Wade can continue making commercials since thats what he does best.

Wade sees you his Finals MVP and Ring to LeBron's 0. And he is in Kobe's class.

KidCongo
05-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Armando's act is old.

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Wade is not in the same class as Kobe.

Yeah, Wade's won a title as the man.

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Come one now. Billups has a finals mvp. Parker has a finals mvp. Pierce has a finals mvp. Nash has back to back mvp's. None of that means shit. Wade is just a step above a healthy Arenas. Only difference is Wade gets crazy calls from the refs like no one since Jordan.

You are joking right? I like Agent Zero but he is nothing more then a likeable Iverson.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Wade is crazy good because he's a midget and still just as dominant as Lebron and Kobe in terms of taking over games. People are undestimating him right now by saying he's not on "Kobe & Lebron's level" because his team is in rebuild mode and they're all raw talents, including that noob coach.

JoeTait75
05-23-2009, 11:40 PM
I love this forum and the way posters here go from one absolute position to another based on a single game... If Melo goes for 40 on Monday and the Nuggets win, people are going to be right back on his 'sack.

JamStone
05-23-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm a Wade hater, but based on this past season, Wade is absolutely on the same level as Kobe and LeBron.

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Wade is crazy good because he's a midget and still just as dominant as Lebron and Kobe in terms of taking over games. People are undestimating him right now by saying he's not on "Kobe & Lebron's level" because his team is in rebuild mode and they're all raw talents, including that noob coach.

The fact that Heat roster even made a Game 7 against a more talented Hawks team says alot of Wade's talents. Not many players can carry a team while having to deal with a rookie point guard and rookie forward. Plus a rookie coach to boot.

JoeTait75
05-23-2009, 11:43 PM
The fact that Heat roster even made a Game 7 against a more talented Hawks team says alot of Wade's talents. Not many players can carry a team while having to deal with a rookie point guard and rookie forward. Plus a rookie coach to boot.

Yeah, the Hawks are a real juggernaut.

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I love this forum and the way posters here go from one absolute position to another based on a single game... If Melo goes for 40 on Monday and the Nuggets win, people are going to be right back on his 'sack.

I am not saying Melo is not a great player but his right there with Pierce,Roy. Not so much with Wade,Bryant or LeBron.

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Melo bangs into someone, it's a no call....Kobe/LeBron bang into someone, good chance of a foul call.

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Only thing Wade does better than Kobe and Lebron is get fouled more. And most of those arent even fouls. You cant even touch his bitch ass. He has no range on his shot, and his defense is horrid!!! He had a good year cause he was just chucking up shots this season. His title team was stacked and they still needed the refs to rob the Mavs.

What do you mean stacked? Antoine I shoot 3s because there are no 4s Walker? Or the skeleton masquerading as Gary Payton?

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Wade's defense looked to be improving to me this year, especially one-on-one.

poop
05-23-2009, 11:51 PM
forget Wade...no one gets more phantom calls than Dirk Nowitzki.

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Not so much Kobe these days. He gets some calls but not on the level of James and Wade. Melo hasnt earned the right to get those calls yet. Image is everything.

Like I said before in other threads. Melo right or wong gets labeled the Black Sheep of the 2003 class. I am pretty sure despite what Stern says he is not one of his favorites.

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Not so much Kobe these days. He gets some calls but not on the level of James and Wade. Melo hasnt earned the right to get those calls yet. Image is everything.

I know where you're coming from, but Melo has always had to get the snot kicked out of him to get a call (braids or fade). I've never been an over the top fan of his, but I've always felt for the guy in that regard. All-Star acclaim has never really done much for him. If he was able to let the ish role off of his back he'd have been kicked out of the league by now for doing something out of frustration. He's been very immature at times, but has deserved more of the benefit of the doubt with the whistles.

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:53 PM
You mean that pathetic Hawks team that lost every game to the Cavs by double digits? Wade had a .500 ball club in the East. Enough said.

Ok then tell me take Wade off that team how good are they? That team without him are worse then the Wizards.

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Wade's defense looked to be improving to me this year, especially one-on-one.

Wade was always been a good defender his only problem on defense is his habit of gambling for steals.

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Wade was always been a good defender his only problem on defense is his habit of gambling for steals.

Seemed to be more active this year on the defensive end....unless the gambles were just paying larger dividends.

Armando
05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
White Chocolate/Payton
Wade/Shandon Anderson
Posey/Kapono/Anotoine Walker
Haslem/Walker
Shaq/Mourning

That team was stacked with play makers, stars, and good role players. Shaq was still the best center in the league, and they still needed the refs to beat the Mavs.

If you put this years Wades team in the West, they dont even win 20 games. Kobe went toe to toe with the Suns with a scrub team. Lebron carried a scrub team to the finals past a very tough Detroit team.

Yeah Kobe had a great Game 7 in 2006 in Phoenix ditto 2007. BTW Wade carried the Heat against the same tough Pistons the year they won 64 games were the prohibitive favorites to win the Finals.

dirk4mvp
05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
yes.

Armando
05-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Seemed to be more active this year on the defensive end....unless the gambles were just paying larger dividends.

I meant in past seasons this season he was alot better at playing more solid on that end.

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Gotcha'.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2009, 12:07 AM

I'm not convinced with Melo' yet. He's talented, a good shooter, and has good size physically, and clutch, but he's missing something that Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Duncan, even Chris Paul have.
I don't see him as a leader or the player that commands attention, and team focus. The way he was pissed on the bench reminded me of a kid, not a competitor...there's something about him mentally that seems to keep him perpetually the same player that threw his bronze medal into a river :lol regardless of the squad changes.
Without Chauncey, Carmelo's Nuggets are just another first round exit....

Armando
05-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Plus you also have to put CP3 up there with those 3.

Armando
05-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Like I said, Wade didnt carry shit. He had tons of help. Two dominant bigs, and shooters galore surrounding him. Kobe had one bad game against the best team in the NBA in 2006, and he had straight scrubs with him.

1st the Spurs were the best team in the West that season record wise. Dallas went on the be the West champs. So following you logic we should discount what Kobe did during the Lakers 3 peat. And we should discount this season because he has Gasol,Fisher,Odom and Ariza.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Once the league begins to like you, then follows the refs. Melo has just as much talent as Kobe and Lebron, but his attitude is preventing him from being a superstar. A change of location and coach would work wonders for him.

I agree, it's attitude. The environment under George Karl is stunting his growth as a player...for instance, in anecdote by Karl, whenever he'd use coaching terminology or some old phrase akin to "shuttlecock" or something his players would "teehee" about it and giggle. Shit like that.

I can only imagine it got a little better with the arrival of Chauncey in the lockerroom and the exit of "practice fiend" A.I.

Armando
05-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Spot on, except for Wade. He has yet to prove he can rally troops. Do you think Wade can take Lebrons team and carry them this far, or Kobes team... hel no.

Look, I cant stand the Mavs, but they were royally robbed, even more than the Kings in game 6 of the 2002 WCF's. WAde still has some proving to do for me.

2003-04 the rookie Wade carried the Heat into the 2nd round and 6 games with the 60 win Pacers. Who was his starting center? An undersized Brian Grant.

Armando
05-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Spot on, except for Wade. He has yet to prove he can rally troops. Do you think Wade can take Lebrons team and carry them this far, or Kobes team... hel no.

Look, I cant stand the Mavs, but they were royally robbed, even more than the Kings in game 6 of the 2002 WCF's. WAde still has some proving to do for me.

How much better would Kobe or LeBron have done this year with a rebuilding team with a rookie starter at point(2nd round pick)?

KidCongo
05-24-2009, 12:16 AM
How much better would Kobe or LeBron have done this year with a rebuilding team with a rookie starter at point?

Well Boobie started for sometime in his rookie year.

Armando
05-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Well Boobie started for sometime in his rookie year.

I still can't beleive the Pistons allowed him to score 25 straight. What a performance. And his shot last night saved the Cav's season.

KidCongo
05-24-2009, 12:49 AM
I still can't beleive the Pistons allowed him to score 25 straight. What a performance. And his shot last night saved the Cav's season.
Yeh I don't know what that has to do with Boobie starting. However, I was thinking Cavs could get swept if they lose but that shot has given me confidence.

Ghazi
05-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Top 3 players:

1. Dirk Nowitzki :hat
2. Lebron James
3. Kobe Bryant

Rogue
05-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Kidd is the teacher in this class.

ballhog
05-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Carmelo is obviously not in the same class the way he picks up fouls. Kobe, Lebron can do whatever the whole game and pick up an occasional foul but usually never have to take a seat. Talent-wise, however, he's right up there.

Allanon
05-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Carmelo's one of my favorite players, but he's not on Kobe/LeBron's level.

Tough luck for Melo, he had a godly start to the series. Olympic experience was really great for him, too bad he's not a Laker.

Ghazi
05-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Melo isn't even that good.

jag
05-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Come one now. Billups has a finals mvp. Parker has a finals mvp. Pierce has a finals mvp. Nash has back to back mvp's. None of that means shit. Wade is just a step above a healthy Arenas. Only difference is Wade gets crazy calls from the refs like no one since Jordan.

Agreed.

Lebron is a better player than Kobe at this stage of their careers, though. Even still, Lebron and Kobe are in a class of their own.

Killakobe81
05-30-2009, 01:35 AM
NO melo is not there ...

It's Kobe/Lebron .....Duncan/Wade top shelf

2nd shelf = Melo, KG, Pierce, DWill, CP3 Dwight

KSeal
05-30-2009, 04:56 AM
Carmelo's one of my favorite players, but he's not on Kobe/LeBron's level.

Tough luck for Melo, he had a godly start to the series. Olympic experience was really great for him, too bad he's not a Laker.

We don't need that chump, we've got Ariza! At least for two more weeks :downspin: I think he'll be back though.

Nahtanoj
05-30-2009, 05:59 AM
Wade is better than LeCrabTravel Bronze period...

Both Wade and Anthony are more fundamentally sound that James. However, none of them are at Bryant's level yet - ask this question again in about 4-5 years.

Bukefal
05-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Neither Wade nor Melo are on the same level as Lebron. As for Kobe, he is not too anymore. He was, that's important to mention.

Allanon
05-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Neither Wade nor Melo are on the same level as Lebron.

As for Kobe, he is not too anymore. He was, that's important to mention.

I totally agree, for awhile there, he was stuck at LeBron's level but Kobe has really elevated his game and he's now a more complete team player.

The Ring is there for Kobe; unfortunately, LeBron probably can't get past ECF, too bad. I really wanted to see Kobe/LeBron Finals.

pauls931
05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
No LBJ doesn't dissapear, and Kobe only occasionally quites. Melo isn't there yet.

endrity
05-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Melo finally is getting together, his offensive talent is on par with those guys, he'll be on that level really soon.