05-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Gasol, Ariza, and Kobe were huge.

Super clutch.

Armando
05-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah the Refs on the floor

timvp
05-23-2009, 10:43 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Kobe bending over during the interview.

Jacko
05-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Really, the refs were the reason Ariza sank two huge 3's, Gasol made two clutch fadeaways, and Kobe sunk a dagger 3 over JR Smith?

KidCongo
05-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Really, the refs were the reason Ariza sank two huge 3's, Gasol made two clutch fadeaways, and Kobe sunk a dagger 3 over JR Smith?

Yeh they were the reason LBJ makes a fadeaway 3 to win aswell.

carrao45
05-23-2009, 10:47 PM

i know ive seen plenty of questionable calls going against Cleveland and LA. BTW LeBron's 3 was incredible

Armando
05-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Lakers 45 FT

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 10:48 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Kobe bending over during the interview.

:lol

I'm surprised Pao took the contact...AND made the shot. :wow

NewJerSpur
05-23-2009, 10:50 PM

Nah, that was all SVG's doing. I saddled on the Lewis blame train for a sec out of emotion, but Stan screwed that play all up. :bang

poop
05-23-2009, 10:53 PM
yeah i dont understand the Laker fans condemning Gasol. he been incredibly important for their success

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 10:56 PM
The refs propped the Lakers up in the third, but it really doesn't matter. Bryant and Gasol could have torn their ACLs falling into Bynum's knee and Denver would have still found a way to blow it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Gasol's done this too many times to be dismissed as soft. He's the reason why the Lakers dismantled the Spurs defense...

Gasol kept them in striking distance in this game with his clutch offense. Without Gasol keeping the team's composure, the Lakers would have lived or died with Kobe taking his notorious difficult shots like in the 2005-2007 seasons...

I will say Ariza has been the only bench guy who gives a damn about this post-season, but that last Inbounds pass was due more to K-Mart's high IQ brilliance than Ariza's clutchness..

Jacko
05-23-2009, 10:58 PM
The refs propped the Lakers up in the third, but it really doesn't matter. Bryant and Gasol could have torn their ACLs falling into Bynum's knee and Denver would have still found a way to blow it.

I'm gonna guess this is about as close as you'll ever get to complimenting the Lakers :toast

poop
05-23-2009, 11:01 PM
ill give the Lakers credit, Gasol, Ariza and KOBE were huge down the stretch.

it must be said though that the nuggets were neutered with carmelo and nene being out with fouls

Spursfan092120
05-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Actually, I believe it was Kenyon Martin who was bent over...oh..wait..that was DURING the game.

baseline bum
05-23-2009, 11:05 PM
At least I can root for Ariza and Farmar; great fucking game, Trevor.

Capt Bringdown
05-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Combination of clutch play and a predictable Nuggets implosion gave the Lakers the win.
Despite the Laker heroics a very narrow win - Lakers outscored them 32 - 18 in the 4th, yet won by only 6.

If one of the Nuggets had managed to step up in the 4th with a couple of plays it might have been different.

What happened to Mr Big Shot? He and J.R. Smith were a combined 9 for 30. And both of them took more shots than Carmelo.

Just dumb.

spurscenter
05-23-2009, 11:20 PM
45 FTA, almost 50 FT! lol

Armando
05-23-2009, 11:20 PM
On to Monday night raw

Capt Bringdown
05-23-2009, 11:23 PM

Lame. Nuggets shot 31 FTA, and were settling for low percentage jumpers all night, shooting only .393 from the floor.

5 for 27 from 3 point land.

Did the refs force the Nuggets to play so poorly?

TampaDude
05-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Lame. Nuggets shot 31 FTA, and were settling for low percentage jumpers all night, shooting only .393 from the floor.

5 for 27 from 3 point land.

Did the refs force the Nuggets to play so poorly?

Yeah...the refs stole the inbounds pass and tossed it to Ariza... :lol

poop
05-23-2009, 11:27 PM

nobody has shot 50 since Dallas in game 3, round 2 vs Spurs in the 2006* playoffs.

iggypop123
05-23-2009, 11:33 PM
the power of the GIF:

http://i39.tinypic.com/11iempe.gif

spurscenter
05-23-2009, 11:36 PM
lakers fans, just admit the refs were on your corner in this game

it would save about 3-4 pages of back and forth.

Just admit it.

Denver drove just as much.

When refs saw Melo go for 18 points, they got him in Foul trouble with tic tac fouls.

any drive to the hole by denver was never called, any touch to softy gasol was.

Denver was the road team tonight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009052307

No team deserves 45 free throws. Lakers were jump shooting for the most part.

It was alot of momentum calls, out of bounds calls, Techs to give ball + 1 and fast 5 fouls to get them on the line with the clocked stopped.

Especially when Lakers were down by 9, refs took Melo out

E20
05-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Nuggets need to learn how to inbound the ball and kmart needs to learn not to suck. choke job.

poop
05-23-2009, 11:38 PM
refs didnt decide this game, big plays by the Lakers down the stretch- and mistakes by denver- did.

spurscenter
05-23-2009, 11:43 PM
no doubt , denver mistakes but they also had the refs in their minds.

Bird man was clipped by the refs in the 2nd half. as if , the refs were saying, "dont play agressive denver or we will call you.

a players mind is very fragile and refs know it.

KSeal
05-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Gasol with those two clutch as fukk fadaways in the forth were so unlike him, he always chokes and does nothing late in games. I was stunned when both of those shots went in. More importantly Ariza will be a Laker for life, love that guy, there is no way the Laker let him walk to keep dumbass Lamar. Ariza was so huge, even though that steal he was credited with was really just a horrid pass by kmart. Those two threes he hit were epic though.

peskypesky
05-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Gasol, Ariza, and Kobe were huge.

Super clutch.

i missed the game like a dumbass....but when i watched the highlights, i was completely blown the fuck away by Kobe. just goddamn awesome and no words to describe his deadliness.

crc21209
05-24-2009, 05:20 AM

Just admit it.

When refs saw Melo go for 18 points, they got him in Foul trouble with tic tac fouls.

Agreed. No way in hell LA deserved that many attempts. And Denver took it to the whole (Melo especially) as much as LA and didnt get any calls. Nuggz will bounce back and take Game 4 setting up a pivotal Game 5.

It was alot of momentum calls, out of bounds calls, Techs to give ball + 1 and fast 5 fouls to get them on the line with the clocked stopped.

Agreed. No way in hell did LA deserve that many attempts. The Nuggets, especially Melo, took it to the whole as much as LA if not more and didnt get the calls. Nuggets will be fine, take Game 4...and set up a pivotal Game 5 in LA.

benefactor
05-24-2009, 09:13 AM
the power of the GIF:

http://www.glitterrock.org/gumpcaps2004-10/somehowhesdroolingsalivaontotheoutsideofthe.jpg

Deuces88
05-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Did David Stern threaten to kill the Nuggets' families? Why the hell are they throwing away games? It wasn't refs. Let's get that straight.

I remember watching the first half and Nuggets were getting to the line. Obviously, there was bad shot selection (Why is Kenyon even shooting jumpers?) and I'm pretty sure Billups and Smith were either high or drunk. Jesus Christ, if this damn Denver team would stop playing like retarded children, they could be up 3-0.

I still LOL that the 2 games the Lakers won, they barely won with the Nuggets playing like a hot bag of sh*t.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Denver needs to realize that they don't get credit for the win until the actual end of the game.

Jacko
05-24-2009, 11:07 AM
It doesn't matter how you win. It all counts the same in the end.

If the Nuggets are going to play like shit and hand the game to LAL by making idiotic inbounds plays that's THEIR problem, not the Lakers.

ballhog
05-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, both teams sucked it up but Denver really stunk it up.

Flux451
05-24-2009, 11:47 AM
You know what decided the game. NUGGETS POOR SHOOTING

There were missed calls on Gasol that stood out. He fouled C. Anderson on a two handed jam that was more obvious then JAcko's forehead in a crowd of purple and gold. But that didn't decide anything, only what if scenario

Flux451
05-24-2009, 11:49 AM
http://www.glitterrock.org/gumpcaps2004-10/somehowhesdroolingsalivaontotheoutsideofthe.jpg

Haha likewise.

The Power oF Shrimp

ballhog
05-24-2009, 12:04 PM
You know what decided the game. NUGGETS POOR SHOOTING

There were missed calls on Gasol that stood out. He fouled C. Anderson on a two handed jam that was more obvious then JAcko's forehead in a crowd of purple and gold. But that didn't decide anything, only what if scenario

Yeah, Gasol should have picked up a few more fouls there. Anderson doesn't get any respect. It's funny how they can call ticky-tac fouls but let a smack-job on a dunk go.

Fabbs
05-24-2009, 12:14 PM
the power of the GIF:

Monkey?

TheManFromAcme
05-24-2009, 06:09 PM

:lmao

Nahtanoj
05-24-2009, 06:50 PM
:lmao

:lol:lol:lol

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-24-2009, 07:01 PM

Don't forget that the Lakers missed 14 of those free throws.

JamStone
05-24-2009, 07:07 PM

Just admit it.

I hope you're not serious.

First of all, the Lakers really got 36 free throws because three free throws were on technical fouls and the final six free throws were in the final minute when Denver was intentionally fouling to stop the clock. Moreover, it's ridiculous to suggest the refs had anything against Carmelo got 10 free throws in the first 13 minutes of the game his dam self.

And, Denver shot 27 three pointers to the Lakers 19. No, Denver didn't drive just as much as the Lakers. One-third of their shot attempts were three point jumpers.

There are going to be bad calls either way. Most of the time, they even out. Maybe last night, the Lakers got more favorable calls. That happens. I think Denver got more favorable calls in game 1 at Staples. You didn't mention Dahntay Jones not getting a flagrant foul for two hand pushing Kobe in the back while he was already in the air. Or the technical foul Fisher got for getting pushed by K-Mart. Games have bad calls, missed calls. Denver didn't lose last night's game because of the bad or missed calls. They lost because they shot too many long jumpers, they lost their composure, and they didn't execute down the stretch.