PDA

View Full Version : I just saw espn's top 10 playoff shots of ALL TIME...

Donkeybong
05-24-2009, 01:28 AM
And they had Lebron's game winning 3 at number 2 on the list.:guin

Talk about pre-mature ejactulation.

Link to video: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4202204

surprised D-Fishes .4 isnt on there.

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 01:29 AM
We're all witnesses my friend.

Jacko
05-24-2009, 01:33 AM
All that shot did was keep the Cavs from getting swept.

In terms of importance it has yet to be decided. If the Cavs end up losing then it will all be for naught.

BUMP
05-24-2009, 01:34 AM
I think this might've been the single greatest play in professional sports history!

LakerHater
05-24-2009, 01:37 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2yziidj.jpg

Not bad..... I still think Orlando drop the ball on D here!!

Hooks
05-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Holy fuck get off of LEBRONS NUTS!

Fisher's shot wasn't in there? Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_'s wasn't in there? There are WAAAAAY better shots in the playoffs than the ones listed.

God damn they piss me off soooo bad. Fuck espn! :bang

Hooks
05-24-2009, 01:40 AM
The hell did it do to my post? lol

duncan228
05-24-2009, 01:40 AM
The hell did it do to my post? lol

:lol Elliott has 2 t's.

timvp
05-24-2009, 01:42 AM
That shot will only have meaning if the Cavs win the championship.

But they won't.

IronMexican
05-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Shitty listl Glad no firt round plays made it.

Bender
05-24-2009, 01:45 AM
It's old by now, but I still snicker when I see the Luck the Fakers thingie happen to an unsuspecting poster... :lol

KidCongo
05-24-2009, 01:47 AM
All that shot did was keep the Cavs from getting swept.

In terms of importance it has yet to be decided. If the Cavs end up losing then it will all be for naught.

Now the Cavs dilemma is find a way to slow down so many Orlando options, especially down the stretch...Think about it...In this series, the Cavs have led for 84 of the 96 total minutes..(that's 87 percent of the time) and most of that time, they've enjoyed double-digit leads....but the Magic are hitting 4th quarter clutch shots with stunning regularity to the tune of 68 percent in the 24:00 of 4th quarter basketball.

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 01:49 AM
It's old by now, but I still snicker when I see the Luck the Fakers thingie happen to an unsuspecting poster... :lol

Yeah, I was going to type Sean's full name on a thread in the Spurs page regarding his famous jumpshot, but I froze up and broke into a cold sweat....true story. :lol

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 01:50 AM
The Magic defense has gotten tighter/more aggressive as each of the 1st 2 games wore on, which was surprising given the early deficits they were in....takes a lot of discipline.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I was going to type Sean's full name on a thread in the Spurs page regarding his famous jumpshot, but I froze up and broke into a cold sweat....true story. :lol

I just wonder if we ever talk about musical equipment and I happen to mention my Trace Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ GP12SMX if it's gonna get me.

Findog
05-24-2009, 10:59 AM

Exactly. Nobody remembers Kobe's three that sent G2 of the 04 Finals into OT. Pretty much the same circumstances, since they were down 0-1 and staring at 0-2 while heading to Detroit.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Exactly. Nobody remembers Kobe's three that sent G2 of the 04 Finals into OT. Pretty much the same circumstances, since they were down 0-1 and staring at 0-2 while heading to Detroit.

The shot Duncan hit right before .04 is another good example. It coulda been great, but wasn't.

pauls931
05-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Horry and Duncan beg to differ. Duncan's 3 the other year was more significant. Horry had tons of them.

#3, maybe for kids born 2 years ago.

Jacko
05-24-2009, 11:27 AM
It's funny how the media and NBA are trying so hard to make LBJ the next MJ. He is their meal ticket for the next decade or so.

They did similar things, though not to this extent, with Kobe before the rape trial.

The ultimate irony would be if LBJ got beat in the ECF by the Magic. That shot will have been for nothing and ESPN will have to revise their stupid list.

BTW Robert Horry probably deserves his own top 10 list.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2009, 11:33 AM
It's funny how the media and NBA are trying so hard to make LBJ the next MJ. He is their meal ticket for the next decade or so.

What I find even more annoying is because of this Maurice Williams is getting compared to Scottie Pippen. Lebron actually has a shot at becoming comparable to MJ (argue all you want but lets see anyone besides him or MJ carry this group of scrubs to the best record in the NBA), Maurice Williams is not and never will be anywhere near as good as Scottie was.

pauls931
05-24-2009, 11:39 AM
What I find even more annoying is because of this Maurice Williams is getting compared to Scottie Pippen. Lebron actually has a shot at becoming comparable to MJ (argue all you want but lets see anyone besides him or MJ carry this group of scrubs to the best record in the NBA), Maurice Williams is not and never will be anywhere near as good as Scottie was.

If lebron can quite for one year and Mo take Cavs to playoffs and get one call from the finals, then maybe. Even if he did that, his defense is no where close to as good as Pippen's.

When you play the cav's you have to think, how do we contain the role players. When you played the bulls you had to think "How do we keep from being blown out by 20+?"

LeCrab
05-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Some of you are serious bitch ass jellyfish. Yall can go choke on a softshell.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2009, 11:47 AM
If lebron can quite for one year and Mo take Cavs to playoffs and get one call from the finals, then maybe. Even if he did that, his defense is no where close to as good as Pippen's.

In 1995, Pippen led that team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals, the only player to ever do that, and that team made the playoffs. Granted Jordan came back at the end of the season, but it would have made the playoffs if he didn't. Maurice Williams wouldn't even dream of leading a team in all 5 of those categories.

But you get my point. We saw a team who's best player was Maurice Williams, the Milwaukee Bucks, and the fans hated him so much the team traded him for the Damon Jones poo poo platter. Scottie was arguably the best perimeter defender of all time.

GuerillaBlack
05-24-2009, 12:59 PM
You need to have this one:

i7rsqsNf4SE

JoeTait75
05-24-2009, 01:02 PM
These were more dramatic.

eSzwdu9zCnk&NR=1

This wasn't a more dramatic shot. It only tied the game, and the Lakers ended up losing the game (and the series) anyway.

Tacker
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
How is #5 a playoff shot?

Where is Jordan's shot over ehlo
Paxon's game winning shot to seal the bulls 3 peat?
Kobe's 2004 buzzer beater in the finals was just as far as Lebron's was
Jordan's game 6 clincher at Utah?

pauls931
05-24-2009, 01:19 PM
How is #5 a playoff shot?

Where is Jordan's shot over ehlo
Paxon's game winning shot to seal the bulls 3 peat?
Kobe's 2004 buzzer beater in the finals was just as far as Lebron's was
Jordan's game 6 clincher at Utah?

playoffs

Sense
05-24-2009, 01:25 PM
When I saw that shot.... all I saw was just another playoff buzzer beater...

I mean it was good... but not one of the best in the playoffs.... at all..

Extremely overrated.

David Bowie
05-24-2009, 01:34 PM
It was a great shot. LEbron definatly knows how to score even without getting a great look. However, its too early. It's not even the finals, or a deciding game. Will this shot matter if the Cavs lose ?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-24-2009, 01:51 PM

But they won't.

Do you think the Lakers will take it all?

peskypesky
05-24-2009, 01:59 PM
great shot...but no way it's top 5 of all-time. not even top 10.

Findog
05-24-2009, 02:06 PM
The shot Duncan hit right before .04 is another good example. It coulda been great, but wasn't.

Yep. An amazing shot, but ultimately an irrelevant one.

BUMP
05-24-2009, 02:13 PM
We'll have to wait and see. If the Cavs go on to lose the next two in Orlando and the series, this shot will be completely forgotten.

BUMP
05-24-2009, 02:37 PM
How is Jordan's shot not even in the top 10????????????????????????

Jacko
05-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Shit Horry's top 5 playoff shots best anything LeCrab has done thus far.

It's pathetic how ESPN and the NBA keep trying to force feed Lebron down our throats. It just isn't working and if he loses I'll laugh even more at their failure.

IronMexican
05-24-2009, 04:07 PM
The ESPN, LeBron man love is getting pretty annoying. And I like Bron.

poop
05-24-2009, 04:54 PM
I think this might've been the single greatest play in professional sports history!

it was by far, i mean LEBRON shot it.

it was more than that. it was one of the greatest things ever to happen to humanity. he is a God afterall.

oh and mo is worthless shit compared to pippen.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Yep. An amazing shot, but ultimately an irrelevant one.

ESPN's desperation clearly shows in both the shot by Lebron and the shot against the Suns by Kobe. They are only important because they are the only game winners each has ever hit in the playoffs, and are the only ones on the list from a series neither player's team actually won.

JoeTait75
05-24-2009, 04:59 PM
They are only important because they are the only game winners each has ever hit in the playoffs, and are the only ones on the list from a series neither player's team actually won.

Wrong, and... wrong. At least when it comes to LeBron.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Wrong, and... wrong. At least when it comes to LeBron.

Cleveland won the series? That's news.

JoeTait75
05-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Cleveland won the series? That's news.

You said LeBron had never hit a game-winning shot in the Playoffs before Friday. You were wrong.

pauls931
05-24-2009, 05:14 PM
As a suns fan the kobe one pissed me off. There's enough highlights of the Spurs knocking them out to make up for a game winner in a losing series. I bet they balance it out by showing Rex Chapman hitting a circus 3 in a game that the suns lost..., also irrelevant.

DAF86
05-24-2009, 05:33 PM
WTF? They put that Lebron lay-up against Detroit (that I didn't remember) but they leave Duncan's three, Sean's memorial day miracle, Horry's shot in '05 IN GAME 5 OF THE FRICKING NBA FINALS, "the shot" by MJ vs Cleveland and "the last shot" by Jordan against Utah out. :bang

KidCongo
05-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't get the lay-up but that 3 could go down as something special.

baseline bum
05-24-2009, 06:10 PM
That's the best shot I have seen since Fisher's. 25 feet away, fading away, 6'10" Turkoglu like 2" off him? It ain't #2 all-time, but all of you selling this shot short are haters.

TimDunkem
05-24-2009, 06:12 PM
WTF? They put that Lebron lay-up against Detroit (that I didn't remember) but they leave Duncan's three, Sean's memorial day miracle, Horry's shot in '05 IN GAME 5 OF THE FRICKING NBA FINALS, "the shot" by MJ vs Cleveland and "the last shot" by Jordan against Utah out. :bang

This is why I don't go for these lists, or get hyped on rankings. Sure the shot was nice, but was it the most difficult? No. Was it the most important shot in terms of it's impact? Who knows!? It's only been a few days and it's already being called one of the best ever? Yeah right.That's just the media playing up their poster child, LeBron's, accomplishments. There is really no reason to start calling it one of the greatest ever just yet. There hasn't been enough time to measure it's impact. So, in respect of other classic plays of the past, it needs to stay far away from any top ten list.

Texas_Ranger
05-24-2009, 06:13 PM
His crab dribble should be the play of the season.

Jacko
05-24-2009, 06:33 PM
What are we debating here?

Which playoff shot was more difficult, or which was more meaningful?

Because I can tell you right now LBJ's shot ain't even in the top 25 in terms of importance, regardless of where the Cavs go this season. The fact that BSPN would put it at #2 shows you that they are either woefully incompetent or just executing the NBA's agenda to make LBJ the face of the league.

JamStone
05-24-2009, 06:44 PM
That's the best shot I have seen since Fisher's. 25 feet away, fading away, 6'10" Turkoglu like 2" off him? It ain't #2 all-time, but all of you selling this shot short are haters.

It was an amazing shot, especially considering he only had 1 second to get the shot off and it won the game. But, it's very arguable that there have been just as tough shots or tougher shots that actually meant more because they won a playoff series or they prevented elimination. This was game 2.

And, the comment that Hedo was 2 inches off him is exaggerating a bit. Hedo protected against the lob, so LeBron did get separation and an open shot on a pretty good look, especially since Hedo didn't even jump to really contest the shot in fear of getting called for the foul. Still a great, great shot but you could be overselling it.

MiamiHeat
05-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Jordan's "The Last Shot" didn't even make the list?

Bulls down by 3 with seconds to go, Jordan drives and banks it home to cut the lead down to 1. MJ then steals the ball from Karl Malone, goes down the court, and nails the game winner in what was his final shot of his career, at least as a Chicago Bull.

and that didn't make it?

that was the most clutch, important SEQUENCE of all time.

Spursfan092120
05-24-2009, 08:22 PM
:lol Elliott has 2 t's.
I love when that happens..lol

Spursfan092120
05-24-2009, 08:34 PM
This list is ridiculous. Where is Derek Fisher's .4 second shot? I'm a Spurs fan, but I'd even say that belongs on here. Where is Jordan's shot over Ehlo? Where is Sean Elliott's Memorial Day Miracle? Where is Robert Horry's 3 to beat Detroit in the Finals? Jordan's final shot as a Bull to beat the Jazz in the Finals? Magic Johnson's hook shot? Jerry West's halfcourt shot in '62 to send The Finals into OT against the Knicks? Kobe beating the Suns at the buzzer? Tim (I never shoot 3 pointers) 3 pointer to tie the game going into OT against Phoenix? Paxson's game winning 3 in '93? Lebron's 3 was good..but they gave it WAAAY too much hype. His shot is not as good as these...No way does it belong on the top 10 playoff shots of all time. And how is a Havlicek steal (while it was great) a shot? ESPN REALLY dropped the preverbial BALL on this one.

MiamiHeat
05-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Spursfan, LeBron's shot was definitely better than Kobe's shot vs the Suns. especially since the Lakers lost the series

Spursfan092120
05-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Spursfan, LeBron's shot was definitely better than Kobe's shot vs the Suns. especially since the Lakers lost the series
ok...I can give you that one..and maybe even Jerry West's, because LA lost the series too..but the rest of them are above it..IMO...

kromediablo
05-24-2009, 09:08 PM

And Hedo Turkoglu was present both days(lol), he was on the court when duncan hit the last second leaner over shaq only to be trumped by derek fisher!!!,,,,lol...bittttttter!!

sa_kid20
05-24-2009, 10:02 PM

And if the Cavs lose this series both shots will be equally meaningless. Even if the Cavs win this series #2 is all-time is just ridiculous!

If it had been Delonte West that made that shot, it wouldn't be anywhere on ESPN's Top 10 anything list.

Spursfan092120
05-24-2009, 10:04 PM
And if the Cavs lose this series both shots will be equally meaningless. Even if the Cavs win this series #2 is all-time is just ridiculous!

If it had been Delonte West that made that shot, it wouldn't be anywhere on ESPN's Top 10 anything list.
Agreed 100%...and I fucking LOVE your sig...:toast....1999 BAY-BEE!!

Obstructed_View
05-24-2009, 10:04 PM
You said LeBron had never hit a game-winning shot in the Playoffs before Friday. You were wrong.

You aren't actually going to suggest that we're talking about layups with 8 seconds to go are you?

Spursfan092120
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM
You aren't actually going to suggest that we're talking about layups with 8 seconds to go are you?
a shot's a shot. I'm not a Cavs fan, but dude is right, OV..

Obstructed_View
05-24-2009, 10:06 PM

And Lebron's shot kept his team from going down 0-2 at home in a playoff series that they haven't won yet. They're about the same at this point: attempts by ESPN to publicly nutsuck Lebron and Kobe fans.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2009, 10:15 PM
a shot's a shot. I'm not a Cavs fan, but dude is right, OV..

He's right that Lebron has hit the winning layup in a playoff game before. I'm not disputing that. If we're going to play that game, then he also said that the Cavs won the series.

Spursfan092120
05-24-2009, 10:16 PM
He's right that Lebron has hit the winning layup in a playoff game before. I'm not disputing that. If we're going to play that game, then he also said that the Cavs won the series.
ok...I hear you on that...

NRHector
05-24-2009, 11:08 PM
I wonder when ESPN is going to show the top 10 freethrow shots of Lebron, or the top 10 throwing powder ritual of Lebron or the top 10 drinking gatorade moments of Lebron or the top 10 chairs where Lebron sits when he is resting. ESPN sure know how to suck Lebron's ball, they might do a top 10 on that too.

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 11:13 PM
I wonder when ESPN is going to show the top 10 freethrow shots of Lebron, or the top 10 throwing powder ritual of Lebron or the top 10 drinking gatorade moments of Lebron or the top 10 chairs where Lebron sits when he is resting. ESPN sure know how to suck Lebron's ball, they might do a top 10 on that too.

They're saving that for when they create (drumroll please):

ESPN LEBRON

poop
05-24-2009, 11:15 PM
its gone way too far.

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 11:18 PM
It started going too far when they began broadcasting his High School games primetime and also his summer league games.

ffadicted
05-24-2009, 11:18 PM
I wonder if it would've been #2 if it was a catch and shoot from delonte west...

NRHector
05-24-2009, 11:24 PM
They're saving that for when they create (drumroll please):

ESPN LEBRONthey suck

Fillmoe
05-24-2009, 11:26 PM
horry against the kings :(

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
horry against the kings :(

That shot broke my heart as well. I couldn't believe the bounce the Lakers got there. Didn't no whether it was a strategy by the Kings to run out the clock or incompetent rebounding, but it sure did suck.

baseline bum
05-24-2009, 11:35 PM
It started going too far when they began broadcasting his High School games primetime and also his summer league games.

How was it too far? People wanted to see him, and he didn't disappoint by completely picking Oak Hill apart when the rest of his team was crap.

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 11:39 PM
How was it too far? People wanted to see him, and he didn't disappoint by completely picking Oak Hill apart when the rest of his team was crap.

There are a great deal of High School stars that dominate the hell out of High School competition and don't get nearly as much press. And above all things, did he really need a primetime slot for that?

poop
05-24-2009, 11:43 PM
come on guys lebron has 5 nba titles and 4 straight MVPs, and a nobel peace prize, give him a break

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 11:45 PM
The thing that surprised me was when the Sportscenter anchors the next day were telling the story about how everyone was going crazy in the video room when he hit the shot...like ESPN is rooting for him or something. Were they going crazy when Hedo drained his?

baseline bum
05-24-2009, 11:55 PM
There are a great deal of High School stars that dominate the hell out of High School competition and don't get nearly as much press. And above all things, did he really need a primetime slot for that?

LeBron dominated the best high school program in the country without a single teammate who looked like he was capable of playing division 1 NCAA ball. Oak Hill is the UNC of high-school programs. Anyone who watched that game knew the hype was well-deserved and that he could have been a very good starter in the NBA that second.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 12:00 AM
LeBron dominated the best high school program in the country without a single teammate who looked like he was capable of playing division 1 NCAA ball. Oak Hill is the UNC of high-school programs. Anyone who watched that game knew the hype was well-deserved and that he could have been a very good starter in the NBA that second.

So because of the games result, it deserved a primetime slot on ESPN? We've seen guys dominate High School ball players and go straight to the pros (with varying results) and not get the same level of hype.

pauls931
05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
The thing that surprised me was when the Sportscenter anchors the next day were telling the story about how everyone was going crazy in the video room when he hit the shot...like ESPN is rooting for him or something. Were they going crazy when Hedo drained his?

You can't make a living writing about Hedo hitting a game winner.

LnGrrrR
05-25-2009, 12:45 AM

More proof that ESPN is retarded.

LnGrrrR
05-25-2009, 12:47 AM
Horry and Duncan beg to differ. Duncan's 3 the other year was more significant. Horry had tons of them.

#3, maybe for kids born 2 years ago.

Tim Duncan's 3 absolutely blew my mind.

Of all people I expected to take the shot, it wasn't TD. And I certainly didn't expect him to MAKE it. Ice-cold.

Didn't the announcers say that he hadn't made or attempted one 3 the whole season when he took the shot?

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Tim Duncan's 3 absolutely blew my mind.

Of all people I expected to take the shot, it wasn't TD. And I certainly didn't expect him to MAKE it. Ice-cold.

Didn't the announcers say that he hadn't made or attempted one 3 the whole season when he took the shot?

Hadn't made one to that point, it was the 4th attempt I believe....Duncan228 corrected us on that.

duncan228
05-25-2009, 12:51 AM

Duncan attempted 4 in the regular season, that one was his first made.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Duncan attempted 4 in the regular season, that one was his first made.

Had the 4 right, just not in the right spot....need to pay better attention sometimes. :lol

LnGrrrR
05-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys. Anyways, that was an awesome shot. :D

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:10 AM
So because of the games result, it deserved a primetime slot on ESPN? We've seen guys dominate High School ball players and go straight to the pros (with varying results) and not get the same level of hype.

What high school player have you ever seen that could walk right into the NBA and be a good player? Kobe was trash his first two seasons. Durant was way too skinny when he came in the league after one season at Texas. Jermaine O'Neal sat on the bench for years in Portland. Even Garnett didn't really arrive until his second season. No one else got the same level of hype because no one else was close to the player James was in high school. You have to go back to Lew Alcindor to find a player as good as James at the HS level.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 01:27 AM
What high school player have you ever seen that could walk right into the NBA and be a good player? Kobe was trash his first two seasons. Durant was way too skinny when he came in the league after one season at Texas. Jermaine O'Neal sat on the bench for years in Portland. Even Garnett didn't really arrive until his second season. No one else got the same level of hype because no one else was close to the player James was in high school. You have to go back to Lew Alcindor to find a player as good as James at the HS level.

KG was pretty good, though he didn't average a ton of minutes his 1st year and didn't have as large of a role as he would come to have as time went on, and Amare was pretty good. The point is that when High School basketball players are accomplishing amazing feats (dropping a large quantity of points in games/throwing consecutive no-hitters) you don't see them being placed on a the leading sports network the next night in a primetime slot.

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:28 AM
KG was pretty good, though he didn't average a ton of minutes his 1st year and didn't have as large of a role as he would come to have as time went on, and Amare was pretty good. The point is that when High School basketball players are accomplishing amazing feats (dropping a large quantity of points in games/throwing consecutive no-hitters) you don't see them being placed on a the leading sports network the next night in a primetime slot.

Because those HS athletes putting up numbers aren't good enough to dominate the pro level that day. James was. Also, Amare was 20 within two weeks of entering the league.

peskypesky
05-25-2009, 01:34 AM
I pray to God that Lebroom NEVER wins a Championship. That will have me laughing my ass off.

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:37 AM
I pray to God that Lebroom NEVER wins a Championship. That will have me laughing my ass off.

Why? What's wrong with James? He's not a rapist like Kobe, he doesn't disrespect other players to the media like Shaq, he's not a deadbeat dad like Bird or Malone, he's not a woman-beater like Kidd, etc.

jbspurs
05-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Top 10 playoff shots of all time

#5 havlicek stole the ball?

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Because those HS athletes putting up numbers aren't good enough to dominate the pro level that day. James was. Also, Amare was 20 within two weeks of entering the league.

All in all, it was still High School talent, and nothing is ever really proven until you reach the pros. LeBron had the frame of a 20 year old before he entered the league.

peskypesky
05-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Why? What's wrong with James? He's not a rapist like Kobe, he doesn't disrespect other players to the media like Shaq, he's not a deadbeat dad like Bird or Malone, he's not a woman-beater like Kidd, etc.

He has "Chosen One" tattooed across his back and he's been crowned the King before he's ever won anything. So I dislike him and the NBA and the sports media. I hope they've all jinxed him and he ends up like like Elgin Baylor, a great player with no championships.

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:52 AM
All in all, it was still High School talent, and nothing is ever really proven until you reach the pros. LeBron had the frame of a 20 year old before he entered the league.

Which is why he was hyped. James had the frame of a 23 year-old NBA star at 17.

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:52 AM
He has "Chosen One" tattooed across his back and he's been crowned the King before he's ever won anything. So I dislike him and the NBA and the sports media. I hope they've all jinxed him and he ends up like like Elgin Baylor, a great player with no championships.

So I take it you're rooting for Kobe the next 5 years?

peskypesky
05-25-2009, 01:54 AM
So I take it you're rooting for Kobe the next 5 years?

I fail to see your logic.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 01:54 AM
Which is why he was hyped. James had the frame of a 23 year-old NBA star at 17.

You've never gone to school with a Man-child before BB?

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 02:04 AM
I fail to see your logic.

The Lakers are by far the best team in the west, have great young talent, and Bryant and Gasol probably have 3-4 really strong years left after this one. Maybe the Spurs can pry the window open one more year if Tim, Tony, and Manu can all stay healthy, but other than that it's going to be pretty much LeBron vs Kobe. Unless Greg Oden really starts to break out, I don't see a lot of competition for LA in the conference for the foreseeable future. If James stays in Cleveland, they're going to have another max salary slot to upgrade that team big in 2010 with Williams and West under contract, even bringing Varejao back. Cleveland has nowhere to go but up. If James leaves, he's going to New York where they'll have capspace to sign another max player like Wade, Bosh, or Stoudemire to go with him. Things are playing out for the title to be Kobe vs LeBron for a while.

peskypesky
05-25-2009, 02:05 AM
The Lakers are by far the best team in the west, have great young talent, and Bryant and Gasol probably have 3-4 really strong years left after this one. Maybe the Spurs can pry the window open one more year if Tim, Tony, and Manu can all stay healthy, but other than that it's going to be pretty much LeBron vs Kobe. Unless Greg Oden really starts to break out, I don't see a lot of competition for LA in the conference for the foreseeable future. If James stays in Cleveland, they're going to have another max salary slot to upgrade that team big in 2010 with Williams and West under contract, even bringing Varejao back. Cleveland has nowhere to go but up. If James leaves, he's going to New York where they'll have capspace to sign another max player like Wade, Bosh, or Stoudemire to go with him. Things are playing out for the title to be Kobe vs LeBron for a while.

:lmao

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 02:17 AM
:lmao

Your rebuttal cuts like a knife.

Obstructed_View
05-25-2009, 03:31 AM

ESPN whined about how terrible the finals were and how boring it was the last time Lebron was there, and they basically set their own parent network up for poor ratings from the get-go. Most news networks today work harder at creating news than reporting it.

Remember that at ESPN, "entertainment" literally comes before "sports".

angelbelow
05-25-2009, 03:49 AM
wow, talk about horse shit.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-25-2009, 12:10 PM
i just saw the vid. and I'm LMAO!!!!!!!! They have a steal as the #5 shot. WTF!!!!!

Hank the Tank
05-30-2009, 09:57 PM
i believe they need to revise this list...

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2009, 09:58 PM
fuck u espn, eat shit you cock slupping crap sensationalist bullshit network

kamikazi_player
05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
:lol @ Lebron's shot at #2. and MJ's shot against the Jazz is nowhere near that list. Hell, even though i hate it, but at least put Fishers .4 shot on the list.