PDA

View Full Version : i like lebron/cleveland..but enough is enough

poop
05-24-2009, 11:26 PM
first off ill say i think lebron and cleveland are respectable and show class, more so than most of the stars/teams in the league.

i appreciate that the spurs franchise/personel have been so influential to them. i like that they emphasize strong defense.

but for gods sake, enough is enough. ive never seen anyone ever so shamelessly hyped up as Lebron. not shaq, not kobe, not even Jordan. he hasnt won a single title yet, or achieved anything really other than good individual stats, yet the media has already portrayed him as transcending all players in history. from the 'we are all witness' campaign presenting him as a messianic/biblical level figure, to the endless commercials, to the favorable calls, the pumping and hype has gone way too far.

the day after he hit a great gmae winner, espn quicky put out a 'top ten playoff shots of all time' feature in which the shot lebron made was number TWO. of ALL TIME.
a similar feature named him the 2nd greatest lottery pick of all time, in front of players with far more achievements.

enough is enough. i respect him and cleveland, but now im hoping orlando kicks their ass simply to put a damper on the grotesquely excessive annointments of lebron. im sick of it!!!!

TheMACHINE
05-24-2009, 11:28 PM
You're crazy. Lebron is GOAT.

Ghazi
05-24-2009, 11:30 PM
He has lived up to his hype IMO.

They overrated the hell out of that shot though. Doesn't even mean much in the grand scheme unless the Cavs win a championship.

Spursfan092120
05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
You're crazy. Lebron is GOAT.
http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/goats/boer/BOER5.jpg???????

NewJerSpur
05-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Welcome to the club poopster. :toast

poop
05-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Lebron is being presented as if hes averaged 45pts, 14 rb and 12 assists per game, has 4 straight MVP's, and 5 titles.

only that would justify the level of hype he is getting now.

IronMexican
05-24-2009, 11:42 PM
I agree

ffadicted
05-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Lebron is one the most annoying athletes in the history of sports.

Amen to that

sa_kid20
05-24-2009, 11:45 PM
first off ill say i think lebron and cleveland are respectable and show class, more so than most of the stars/teams in the league.

I appreciate that the spurs franchise/personel have been so influential to them. I like that they emphasize strong defense.

But for gods sake, enough is enough. Ive never seen anyone ever so shamelessly hyped up as lebron. Not shaq, not kobe, not even jordan. He hasnt won a single title yet, or achieved anything really other than good individual stats, yet the media has already portrayed him as transcending all players in history. From the 'we are all witness' campaign presenting him as a messianic/biblical level figure, to the endless commercials, to the favorable calls, the pumping and hype has gone way too far.

The day after he hit a great gmae winner, espn quicky put out a 'top ten playoff shots of all time' feature in which the shot lebron made was number two. Of all time.
A similar feature named him the 2nd greatest lottery pick of all time, in front of players with far more achievements.

Enough is enough. I respect him and cleveland, but now im hoping orlando kicks their ass simply to put a damper on the grotesquely excessive annointments of lebron. Im sick of it!!!!

+23

Amaso
05-24-2009, 11:47 PM
He's lived up to his hype of being an amazing basketball player, but I agree in when you say they've hyped him up to be some messiah figure or something with all this "Witness" bullshit.

pauls931
05-24-2009, 11:54 PM
People talk about how great he is, but I pray the Magic guard Kobe like they guard James. Some people would lose their jobs of they did.

They're doing what Phoenix used to do to your team. Let the one man show go nuts and guard everyone else. Lebron is where kobe was a couple years back, a one man show with scrubs.

I was a huge fan, but I'm now at a loss on how this team won so many games in the regular season.

duncan228
05-24-2009, 11:54 PM
...all this "Witness" bullshit.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YWT7uGfZ0d0/RnIOAD5_A4I/AAAAAAAAASU/VkEvE_4CR1c/s320/witness.jpg

TJastal
05-25-2009, 01:59 AM

i appreciate that the spurs franchise/personel have been so influential to them. i like that they emphasize strong defense.

but for gods sake, enough is enough. ive never seen anyone ever so shamelessly hyped up as Lebron. not shaq, not kobe, not even Jordan. he hasnt won a single title yet, or achieved anything really other than good individual stats, yet the media has already portrayed him as transcending all players in history. from the 'we are all witness' campaign presenting him as a messianic/biblical level figure, to the endless commercials, to the favorable calls, the pumping and hype has gone way too far.

the day after he hit a great gmae winner, espn quicky put out a 'top ten playoff shots of all time' feature in which the shot lebron made was number TWO. of ALL TIME.
a similar feature named him the 2nd greatest lottery pick of all time, in front of players with far more achievements.

enough is enough. i respect him and cleveland, but now im hoping orlando kicks their ass simply to put a damper on the grotesquely excessive annointments of lebron. im sick of it!!!!

I feel ya brother. I'm going to celebrate when the Magic eliminate this turd from the post season.

peskypesky
05-25-2009, 02:02 AM

:toast

which is why I pray he NEVER wins a championship.

redzero
05-25-2009, 02:51 AM
LeBron is up there with Kobe, Timmy, D-Wade, and Chris Paul in carrying his team. He deserves the hype, but his teammates don't. I am so happy that those retards who thought the Cavs were invincible are now eating their own words.

Armando
05-25-2009, 11:39 AM
They're doing what Phoenix used to do to your team. Let the one man show go nuts and guard everyone else. Lebron is where kobe was a couple years back, a one man show with scrubs.

I was a huge fan, but I'm now at a loss on how this team won so many games in the regular season.

East

Armando
05-25-2009, 11:40 AM
LeBron is up there with Kobe, Timmy, D-Wade, and Chris Paul in carrying his team. He deserves the hype, but his teammates don't. I am so happy that those retards who thought the Cavs were invincible are now eating their own words.

If the Magic win I want to see reactions from Stuart Scott and the rest of the Cavs cheerleaders.