PDA

View Full Version : Le choke is back

RsxPiimp
05-24-2009, 11:55 PM
2/14 from the perimeter. missed 4 ft's in the last 3 minutes. i love lebron but man he really stunk tonight.

KSeal
05-24-2009, 11:58 PM
That buzzer beater was just a shot he had to take and luckily for him it went it. He isn't anywhere close to being a clutch player in this league. He chocked in the forth prior to that shot, and he choked again tonight, it isn't really a surprise at all.

Jacko
05-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Any time you can go 2/14 and still score 41pts you aren't choking.

Lebron is the only one on the Cavs worth a damn right now.

The problem with the Cavs is their makeup. It's LBJ and a bunch of spot up shooters surrounding him. That is simply not a recipe for success against elite teams, which ORL is. The Cavs need a #2 option that can create for himself without needing Lebron to set him up.

gaKNOW!blee
05-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Lebron has had some very good 4th quarter performances in both the playoffs and regular season....and Im pretty sure his "clutch" stats according to 82games.com are very good.

JamStone
05-25-2009, 12:02 AM
LeBron wasn't hitting his jumper tonight. Even the best shooters in the league have off nights with their jumper. Great players, great scorers, still find a way to put up points. Without LeBron, the Cavs lose by 35+ points tonight.

RsxPiimp
05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Any time you can go 2/14 and still score 41pts you aren't choking.

24 FT's

11/28 frm the field
1/8 3fg

yeah that looks like someone got a lot of help to make his choking performance less horrible.

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 12:06 AM
LeBron wasn't hitting his jumper tonight. Even the best shooters in the league have off nights with their jumper. Great players, great scorers, still find a way to put up points. Without LeBron, the Cavs lose by 35+ points tonight.

Where was the free pass for our beloved Dirk for coming up short on a few shots down the stretch of Game 3?

RACIST!

pauls931
05-25-2009, 12:06 AM
I like van gundy during half time or a quarter interview saying that they can't let lebron dribble or he'll get a foul. I almost wonder if he missed a couple freethrows towards the end because his conscience was getting to him.

KSeal
05-25-2009, 12:08 AM
24 ft's

11/28 frm the field
1/8 3fg

yeah that looks like someone got a lot of help to make his choking performance less horrible.

+1

R4R
05-25-2009, 12:09 AM

Without Lebron, they'd be fishing for a lottery pick.

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 12:10 AM
It's not choking, he just has inconsistent outside game.

mingus
05-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Mo Williams is a third option imo on a championship team ... but the play him as the second . not going to get it done against the better teams ... and this team isn't even at full strength (missing Nelson) ...

Allanon
05-25-2009, 12:21 AM
If Kobe had James performance tonight, they would be announcing all over the world that Kobe ball hogged and didnt include his teammates, which caused them to lose. With James, its "he had no help."

:lol:toast:lol

Absolute Truth. An 11/28 game by Kobe is Bad Kobe/Ball Hog Kobe.

Indazone
05-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Lebron's kryptonite is that he's not a consistant jump shooter

KSeal
05-25-2009, 12:24 AM
If Kobe had James performance tonight, they would be announcing all over the world that Kobe ball hogged and didnt include his teammates, which caused them to lose. With James, its "he had no help."

100% true, the bias is just out of this world.

Indazone
05-25-2009, 12:25 AM
All the Magic have to do is defend the paint and force LBJ into being a jumpshooter. Make his other teammates score from the perimeter - No layups.

That said, I don't think the Cavs have what it takes to beat the Magic.

jag
05-25-2009, 12:27 AM

Very true.

But that has alot to do with Kobe's overall attitude and demeanor. If he didn't act so fake, and didn't always act like it was all about him...then he wouldnt receive the scrutiny he does.

KSeal
05-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Very true.

But that has alot to do with Kobe's overall attitude and demeanor. If he didn't act so fake, and didn't always act like it was all about him...then he wouldnt receive the scrutiny he does.

I can somewhat agree with you, but still the bias that is out there is just unacceptable.

JamStone
05-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Where was the free pass for our beloved Dirk for coming up short on a few shots down the stretch of Game 3?

RACIST!

What free pass did Dirk need? I didn't blame him for any of the losses. I criticized his shot selection in crunch time. It wasn't his fault the Mavs lost. But, he could have had better shot selection than shooting contested fade-away jumpers avoiding contact. What argument is there to counter that?

LeBron's shot was off and he would also attack the basket and get to the free throw line. There isn't the same criticism to be made of LeBron.

IMBECILE!

KSeal
05-25-2009, 12:41 AM
:lmao

There was a poster on here that had these Laker comics that was portraying Lakers fans by your comment.

What? Admitting the Kobe is selfish but the LBJ bias is out of control?

RsxPiimp
05-25-2009, 12:41 AM
But, he could have had better shot selection than shooting contested fade-away jumpers avoiding contact. What argument is there to counter that?

LeBron's shot was off and he would also attack the basket and get to the free throw line. There isn't the same criticism to be made of LeBron.

IMBECILE!

refs were giving lebron all the ft's he could handle.

24 fucking free throws and 15 of those 28 fg shots came from the perimeter. just to show you how bad it was, dwight was called on his 6th foul by cleanly blocking james 3 pt shot.

using the same excuse, lebron should've attacked since everytime he got touched he's going to the line. but he relied in his jumper. that constitutes a bad shooting selection.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Orlando is shadowing LeBron rather than trapping him on double teams like Denver had been defending Kobe. Play him just tight enough to be able to rotate back on his passes and still contest on his shots attempts, especially when he's driving.

KidCongo
05-25-2009, 12:45 AM
refs were giving lebron all the ft's he could handle.

24 fucking free throws and 15 of those 28 fg shots came from the perimeter. just to show you how bad it was, dwight was called on his 6th foul by cleanly blocking james 3 pt shot.

using the same excuse, lebron should've attacked since everytime he got touched he's going to the line. but he relied in his jumper. that constitutes a bad shooting selection.

or that he was relatively open and trying to keep the defence honest so that there are driving lanes he can exploit.

05-25-2009, 12:46 AM
lebron would trade mo williams for pau gasol any day. lebron made the passes to williams, he just couldn't make his shots to save his life. williams managed to shoot 16 times. when the lakers lost to denver, gasol had 8 shot attempts.

RsxPiimp
05-25-2009, 12:47 AM
lebron would trade mo williams for pau gasol any day. lebron made the passes to williams, he just couldn't make his shots to save his life. williams managed to shoot 16 times. when the lakers lost to denver, gasol had 8 shot attempts.

battier,howard would rape gasol

KSeal
05-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh, I agree with you about James, but Kobe is selfish. If anyone has a twitter account, Kenny Smith has back tracked on his word saying James is the best in the NBA and the Lakers would lose to the Thuggets.

Oh, I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that the LBJ bias was out of control, not that Kobe being selfish bias was out of control. Cause Kobe being selfish and extremely selfish at points of his career is pretty accurate.

RsxPiimp
05-25-2009, 12:49 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/wiaw68.jpg
if he can get ft's with that, imagine what he can do if he goes near the paint.

05-25-2009, 12:49 AM
better than mo williams' brick party.

KSeal
05-25-2009, 12:51 AM

Seriously, Pau is a huge soft choker, last night was the first playoff game he even showed up at.

RsxPiimp
05-25-2009, 12:51 AM
better than mo williams' brick party.

mo will be fine, im expecting a big game from him on tuesday to help lebron tie the series. every player struggles, even the mighty pau gasol.

crc21209
05-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Not LeBron's fault tonight...after all the media hype..it seems he still has a shitty team around him.

redzero
05-25-2009, 05:05 AM

Howard was called for that? :bang

Ice009
05-25-2009, 05:17 AM

It's because Kobe for years has looked like he didn't want to pass the ball to his teammates and wanted to do it all himself. You can deny it if you want, but Kobe is the one that gave himself that ball hog reputation. When his teammates called him out for it what does he do he doesn't shoot the ball at all and went into sulk mode.

Lebron from the get go has always been a team player and tried to get his teammates involved.

Kobe is playing a lot better these days and it actually seems like he is trying to get his teammates involved a lot more than he used to.

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Now it's official the best SF in the league is Kevin Durant but not Lebron James.

KSeal
05-25-2009, 08:32 AM
Now it's official the best SF in the league is Kevin Durant but not Lebron James.

Durant is a shooting guard my friend. Just cause he's long doesn't mean he's a SF.

redzero
05-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Durant is a shooting guard my friend. Just cause he's long doesn't mean he's a SF.

That really applies to Dirk, too. But he does get his rebounds.

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Your post makes Kobe the 2nd best shooting guard in the league.

Rogue
05-25-2009, 08:45 AM
That really applies to Dirk, too. But he does get his rebounds.
David fucking West is just a bitch trapped in a man's body.

KSeal
05-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Your post makes Kobe the 2nd best shooting guard in the league.

:lol I had a feeling this was coming.

gaKNOW!blee
05-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe Lebron doesnt get bashed for ball hogging because he still managed 9 assists and got Mo countless open looks which he couldnt hit.

redzero
05-25-2009, 09:06 AM
David fucking West is just a bitch trapped in a man's body.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IVI5W8Eg3Gs/SI8lYL-M6jI/AAAAAAAAABE/hJEyACF7rNQ/s320/YouMad.jpg

resistanze
05-25-2009, 09:10 AM

That's cuz Kobe would've had 2 assists, 1 to himself. Real talk.

JoeTait75
05-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Mo Williams is 18-of-56 in this series (32.1 percent.) 6-of-24 from behind the arc (25 percent.)

Big Z is 13-of-34 in this series (38.2 percent.)

Cleveland's bench has scored 31 points in this entire series.

But yeah, it's LeBron that's choking.

Morons.

Shank
05-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Mo Williams is helping make the case for Jason Kidd in Cleveland next season.

BRHornet45
05-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Howard was called for that? :bang

yes son .. it was all apart of Sterns EMERGENCY plan. obviously their script didn't go as planned last night. LMAO AT KING CRAB!

poop
05-25-2009, 12:00 PM

horrible call. almost reminiscent of Dirk in the notorious game 3 of the '06 spurs-mavs series in which Dirk was 3-9 from the field but shot 24 FT(like lebron yesterday), including fouling out duncan(like howard) by stepping on his foot.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-25-2009, 01:00 PM
1. (http://lechoke.urbanup.com/1711281) LeCHOKE 15 up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LeCHOKE#), 5 down (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LeCHOKE#)http://static3.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsup.gif?1243114519 (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LeCHOKE#)http://static2.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsdown.gif?1243114519 (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LeCHOKE#)Lechoke is a product of hype, a hype machine who hasnt done $hit but is always being mega-promoted by the media.....especially ESPN.
He also ocassionally chokes due to pressure as his name (le-CHOKE) IMPLIES.
He's an alleged 21yr old (2006)...who has the body of a sasquash -> see "BIG-FOOT"...."PERHERPS IT IS BECAUSE....I AM CANADIAN". Who in actuality might be a senior citizen -> see "WELFARE A$$ GETTING SENIOR CITIZENS" = LMFAOO @ them .....HMMNN, SORRY BOUT THAT.
Also often called Le-hype Lames,Le-crap Lames, and of course, Le-choke, as he often does..
He's name is,Lebron James of the Cleveland Crappa-Players.

Hey Chris, did u just see LeCHOKE brick the open jumper against KOBE "GOD" BRYANT and the LAKERS to lose the game ????

Allanon
05-25-2009, 01:19 PM
That's cuz Kobe would've had 2 assists, 1 to himself. Real talk.

Kobe's career assists are at 4.6, Michael Jordan 5.3.

Not comparing the two directly but using MJ to show that 4.6 for a shooting guard is still pretty good.

Kobe makes the pass; unfortunately, he's never played with a consistent dead-eye 3 point shooter. If Kobe ever pairs up with a crazy good 3 point shooter like Ray Allen/Reggie/vintage Peja, he'd be averaging 20 assists per game :lol