PDA

View Full Version : cavs are

texasmade006
05-25-2009, 02:47 AM
in trouble if they don't match up right. playing west and williams only makes it worse. punish orlando with bigger guys who drive after a lebron kick out.

orlando is amazingly good still w/o jameer. rafer is so inconsistent though.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Who's going to "drive after a LeBron kickout" on their roster? They're a jumpshooting team, similar to Orlando.

Tmac&Luther
05-25-2009, 03:22 AM
orlando is amazingly good still w/o jameer. rafer is so inconsistent though.

yet amazingly solid when he has to be and he gets the job done.

Dude doesn't get the credit he deserves....yes the guy is a inconsistent shooter......yet he hits them when he has to (he's actually pretty clutch and was with Houston) and I don't even have to list the amount of T.O.'s/steals he had a hand on in this game. Dude made alot of clutch defensive plays

Dude reminds me of what fans said about Kenny Smith......."blah blah blah, you can't win a title with Kenny Smith". Rafer is tough and plays tough (he's only PGuarded teams that won 50+ games year in and year out over the last 4-5 years. He's a hard nosed player that knows his limitations and he came up big tonight. Vet player who can take care of the ball, feed the post, and find a open shooter.......that's all they need with this team. Rafer isn't that bad.....the guy is a blue collar player who despite his short commings GETS THE JOB DONE. I'm hoping he wins a damn title so all those idoits who bashed him year in and year out (talking some Rocket fans) can eat shit. :lol

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 03:28 AM
Hell, Rafer helped run the Celtics off the floor to end that series and has been making pretty good decisions in this one....not to mention his shooting was on point to start this game and that 3-pointer in the 4th to match Bron-Bron's was timely/money.

Tmac&Luther
05-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Hell, Rafer helped run the Celtics off the floor to end that series and has been making pretty good decisions in this one....not to mention his shooting was on point to start this game and that 3-pointer in the 4th to match Bron-Bron's was timely/money.

That's exactly what Rafer did in Houston......dude couldn't buy a freaking basket throughout most of the game here, but when we needed a big shot....the guy sank it. When we needed clutch FTs to close out a game.....the guy sank them. I'm not trying to say he's the shit or anything, just give the guy a little credit for fuck sakes.......he's running the point of a very young team which has a series lead over the team with the best record in the league, and has a decent chance of QBing his team to the finals.

The guy makes clutch plays and is smart with the basketball. He's kinda like the Shane Battier of PGs....what he does doesn't show up in the stat sheet....honestly if you looked at most stat sheets you wouldn't even think he was there, but he did have a big outcome on the game, with timely clutch shots, clutch FTs down the stretch, or clutch steals to stop the momentum of the other team......like tonight.

KidCongo
05-25-2009, 03:39 AM
He was on fire in 1st half and that 3 killed us.

NewJerSpur
05-25-2009, 03:42 AM
That's exactly what Rafer did in Houston......dude couldn't buy a freaking basket throughout most of the game here, but when we needed a big shot....the guy sank it. When we needed clutch FTs to close out a game.....the guy sank them. I'm not trying to say he's the shit or anything, just give the guy a little credit for fuck sakes.......he's running the point of a very young team and has a series lead over the team with the best record in the league. The guy makes clutch plays and is smart with the basketball. He's kinda like the Shane Battier of PGs....what he does doesn't show up in the stat sheet....honestly if you looked at most stat sheets you wouldn't even think he was there, but he did have a big outcome on the game, with clutch shots late, clutch FTs, or clutch steals to stop the momentum of the other team......like tonight.

People still think of Rafer as the guy fresh off the And-1 tour in Milwaukee/Toronto. He's become a better game manager and his time in Houston has helped with that. The guy came over to Orlando at the trade deadline and is steering a team with whom he has no history, that lost its 2nd biggest star to a possible Finals birth. Incredible.

redzero
05-25-2009, 03:44 AM
The Cavaliers already are in trouble. LeBron prevented them from being swept.

05-25-2009, 03:56 AM
howard seemed to have learned from shaq to just camp the paint. no one on the cavs is strong enough to keep him out of there except for wallace but he hasn't been 100% in a long time. no other big can do it. double teaming him when he gets the ball 3 feet from the rim doesn't help either and as long as howard makes his free throws, the cavs have no way of guarding him.

texasmade006
05-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Who's going to "drive after a LeBron kickout" on their roster? They're a jumpshooting team, similar to Orlando.

yea your right...wow i never really thought about cavs being a jump shooting team. they don't have any slashers after lebron.

as for orlando yea their a jump shooting team but they have post game which is still effective. almost all of the players who get a kick out 3 from howard can slash to the bucket for pts.

Tmac&Luther
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
yet amazingly solid when he has to be and he gets the job done.

Dude doesn't get the credit he deserves....yes the guy is a inconsistent shooter......yet he hits them when he has to (he's actually pretty clutch and was with Houston) and I don't even have to list the amount of T.O.'s/steals he had a hand on in this game. Dude made alot of clutch defensive plays

Dude reminds me of what fans said about Kenny Smith......."blah blah blah, you can't win a title with Kenny Smith". Rafer is tough and plays tough (he's only PGuarded teams that won 50+ games year in and year out over the last 4-5 years. He's a hard nosed player that knows his limitations and he came up big tonight. Vet player who can take care of the ball, feed the post, and find a open shooter.......that's all they need with this team. Rafer isn't that bad.....the guy is a blue collar player who despite his short commings GETS THE JOB DONE. I'm hoping he wins a damn title so all those idoits who bashed him year in and year out (talking some Rocket fans) can eat shit. :lol

:lol Hey, anybody else feel like hating on Rafer now? Where's all the Rockets fans that trashed the guy and tried to run him out of town the whole time he was here and said "you can't win a title with Alston at the point".

Once again the guy comes up with clutch shots and made numerous game changing defensive plays.

The guy still doesn't get the credit he deserves.....he's a solid smart veteran PG.

Tmac&Luther
05-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Seriously.....nobody is willing to give Rafer his props during crucial games 3 & 4 after everybody trashed the guy. Wow.

NewJerSpur
05-27-2009, 01:02 AM
:lol Hey, anybody else feel like hating on Rafer now? Where's all the Rockets fans that trashed the guy and tried to run him out of town the whole time he was here and said "you can't win a title with Alston at the point".

Once again the guy comes up with clutch shots and made numerous game changing defensive plays.

The guy still doesn't get the credit he deserves.....he's a solid smart veteran PG.

His ball anticipation on those critical steals in the 4th was awesome. :toast

Leetonidas
05-27-2009, 01:13 AM
I really used to dislike Rafer Alston when he was with the Raptors, and I didn't like him very much with the Rockets, but the dude has been very steady at running the point for Orlando this postseason. He deserves some major props for his performance. And with Nelson coming back next year, Orlando is looking pretty scary.

Tmac&Luther
05-27-2009, 01:46 AM
I really used to dislike Rafer Alston when he was with the Raptors, and I didn't like him very much with the Rockets, but the dude has been very steady at running the point for Orlando this postseason. He deserves some major props for his performance. And with Nelson coming back next year, Orlando is looking pretty scary.

The guy actually did the same kinda stuff for Houston, but everybody wanted to focuss on his "shooting percentage" instead of the efficiency in which he ran Houston's offense and his clutch shots. The guy is actually pretty clutch.

He's pretty much doing the same thing for them as he did here.....when Yao was out.

R4R
05-27-2009, 02:17 AM
As great as he now, you people are only praising him after an outstanding performance. Similarily, in Houston it was not uncommon to wince as Rafer threw up a jumper that looked oh-so-pretty but would bounce of the back of the rim, or a three pointer that would glance off the rim.

One thing that Rafer is consistantly good at doing is defending the perimeter day in and day out. Even in Houston, Adelman would put in Rafer over Brooks late in the game because Rafer was the one he could depend on defensively.

True, fans don't give Rafer enough credit, but the coaches do, and in the end that's all that matters :toast

I still think the Lowry trade benefited the Rockets more though :rollin

Tmac&Luther
05-27-2009, 02:43 AM
As great as he now, you people are only praising him after an outstanding performance.

umm false......I always gave the guy his credit. He's not a high assist guy, but the guy gets everyone into their sets and runs a clean offense.......always has with Houston..always has.

Similarily, in Houston it was not uncommon to wince as Rafer threw up a jumper that looked oh-so-pretty but would bounce of the back of the rim, or a three pointer that would glance off the rim.

I ah, believe I already mentioned that in this thread.....that's why Houston fans hated on him, but even when fans "winced"....Rafer still came up clutch in big games. (even the biggest "rafer haters" would admit the guy hit plenty of clutch shots and made clutch plays) Which is why I never understood the hate. Rafer isn't doing anything different for Orlando that he didn't do for Houston.....he did the same shit here.

And yes, the deal worked out for both teams.....I liked the trade (for the future), because Houston is able to move forward with two young talented PGs......I'm just calling out the dumbass Rocket fans that treated Rafer like garbage the whole time he was here and never gave him his props. I hope Orlando wins it all, because it'd be a slap in the face to the same idiots that said "You'll never win a ring with Kenny Smith running the point". (Which is exactly what they said about Rafer) :rolleyes