PDA

View Full Version : Would you keep T-MAC?

djohn2oo8
05-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Long offseason, not b/c of resigning ron, but knowing the state of Mcgrady's knee. However, the microfracture surgery was on the non weight bearing part of his knee, and is said to be actually rehabbing this time in Chicago with Michael Jordan's trainer, and is said to be way ahead of schedule. Supposedly, he is supposed to be ready for opening night next season. While he screwed the franchise by stopping the Vince Carter deal, I have mixed feelings about trading him right now. I just wanna know if he can be T-MAC again:depressed

GuerillaBlack
05-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd keep him if we can't get a good trade for him. He can't be worse than last season (I hope) and if we even get the 07-08 Tracy McGrady back, Rockets will be fine. Plus, Tracy McGrady is an expiring contract. That's $22 million off of the books at the end of the season.

Ditty
05-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Long offseason, not b/c of resigning ron, but knowing the state of Mcgrady's knee. However, the microfracture surgery was on the non weight bearing part of his knee, and is said to be actually rehabbing this time in Chicago with Michael Jordan's trainer, and is said to be way ahead of schedule. Supposedly, he is supposed to be ready for opening night next season. While he screwed the franchise by stopping the Vince Carter deal, I have mixed feelings about trading him right now. I just wanna know if he can be T-MAC again:depressed

first of all i dont think that cheerleader is pretty at all there is better looking rockets cheerleaders when i went to the rockets and spurs game, even some of them offered to take pictures with us with our spurs stuff but back to topic i think yall should have give him his last chance i still believe he is a 20 point peformer but i would take artest over mcgrady

poop
05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
the rockets are bettor off without him. its clear by this point.

we will give you bonner/udoka/mason for him

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Does he have a no-trade clause? How could he stop the Carter deal?

GuerillaBlack
05-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Does he have a no-trade clause? How could he stop the Carter deal?

He ended his season with that injury. Said he would be out of the year and broke the news to ESPN. No team wanted him after that.

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 12:39 PM
He ended his season with that injury. Said he would be out of the year and broke the news to ESPN. No team wanted him after that.

You can't blame him for killing a Carter trade then; it's obvious the only reason New Jersey would trade for McGrady is to get his $23 million expiring contract that comes off the books in the summer of 2010 to replace Carter's $17 million that's on the books for that season.

Hooks
05-25-2009, 12:39 PM
No the should not keep T-Mac, Rockets should trade him to the Spurs for Matt Bonner. Fair trade :P

djohn2oo8
05-25-2009, 12:43 PM
You can't blame him for killing a Carter trade then; it's obvious the only reason New Jersey would trade for McGrady is to get his $23 million expiring contract that comes off the books in the summer of 2010 to replace Carter's $17 million that's on the books for that season.

A deal was in place, so once he came out and said he was out for the season, New Jersey backed out, and so did the Clippers.

The rumor was that the Clippers offered Baron Davis and Kaman for Mcgrady, or something to that effect

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Those are both straight salary dumps; no way either of those teams cared one way or the other about what McGrady would give them for 1 1/4 years. They probably wanted Houston to sweeten the pot a bit with one of their young guys like Landry or Brooks.

whottt
05-25-2009, 12:53 PM
TMac sucks...to say he's title kryptonite is an insult to title kryptonite...he's more like second round kryptonite. Look beyond the numbers and dump his ass.

Personally I hope Houston keeps him, that way I know they won't be winning a title anytime soon.

JamStone
05-25-2009, 12:54 PM
A deal was in place, so once he came out and said he was out for the season, New Jersey backed out, and so did the Clippers.

The rumor was that the Clippers offered Baron Davis and Kaman for Mcgrady, or something to that effect

You know teams still make players involved in trades take physicals right? You think T-Mac's injuries would have escaped the Net's or the Clippers' medical staff? Silly criticism.

djohn2oo8
05-25-2009, 12:57 PM
You know teams still make players involved in trades take physicals right? You think T-Mac's injuries would have escaped the Net's or the Clippers' medical staff? Silly criticism.

For some reason, team doctors said he could play on the knee, so really don't know if passes the physical or not

JamStone
05-25-2009, 12:57 PM
At this point, the Rockets probably can't get much for him. In deciding whether to keep him or not, you have to find out what the Rockets could get for him. If there is an attractive enough trade package, sure, get rid of him. But, since his contract is expiring, that might just be as valuable for the Rockets. Would they make a trade for a couple of decent players if it meant adding longer contracts to the payroll? Again, depends who those players are. I'm guessing it would probably be in the Rockets' best interest to just hold onto him and let his contract expire after next season.

JamStone
05-25-2009, 01:00 PM
For some reason, team doctors said he could play on the knee, so really don't know if passes the physical or not

Still moot to criticize T-Mac for the trade not going down. If doctors says he's good to go, but T-Mac says he's out for the season anyway but just not publicly, then it's the same thing. You can criticize T-Mac for a lot of things, but blaming him for that trade not going down is a weak criticism. And regardless, why would the Rockets want to add Vince's contact to their payroll anyway? Vince Carter wouldn't have dramatically helped them this year and his contract is bad for the next couple of years.

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:01 PM

I would think there would be no need for a physical if the Clippers could get rid of Davis' contract or the Nets Carters'. I seriously doubt Danny Ferry or Keith Van Horn took one when they were moved to match salary.

JamStone
05-25-2009, 01:03 PM
I would think there would be no need for a physical if the Clippers could get rid of Davis' contract or the Nets Carters'. I seriously doubt Danny Ferry or Keith Van Horn took one when they were moved to match salary.

Then they would have made the deal anyway even after T-Mac said he was done for the season, right?

baseline bum
05-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Then they would have made the deal anyway even after T-Mac said he was done for the season, right?

Yeah, which is why I can't understand Rocket fan scapegoating him.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-25-2009, 01:15 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/zorrodeltaco/BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

Double-Up
05-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Personally I hope Houston keeps him, that way I know they won't be winning a title anytime soon.

Yea you mean like the Spurs should have kept Scola? :lol

it's me
05-25-2009, 06:32 PM
hahaha that worthless piece of ...... hell NOOOOO

dirk4mvp
05-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes. Houston lacks perimeter scoring and a healthy (lol) T-Mac is one of the best perimeter scorers in the L.

ffadicted
05-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Keep his expiring contract and sign Bosh in 2010 :rolleyes

R4R
05-25-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm saying it now; I think that Mcgrady will be a comeback story after this OS.

He had a MF surgery, but on a non-weight bearing portion of the leg, so it's not as career-ending as it sounds.

He also wants (I hope) to stay in the NBA longer than his contract dictates, so he'll work damn hard (I hope).

I'm predicting pre-injury numbers. 21/x/x at the best.

I say keep him. If it doesn't work out, bench him for the rest of the season and start looking for ways to spend 22mil =)

Double-Up
05-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes. Houston lacks perimeter scoring and a healthy (lol) T-Mac is one of the best perimeter scorers in the L.

Wow that has to be the most positive Rocket's related post I've ever seen from you.

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 10:58 PM
That dude is done, I would rather land more hope on Aaron Brooks and Luis Scola than a fragile piece of shit if I were a Rockets fan.

Indazone
05-26-2009, 12:18 AM
T-Mac is in a contract year. He has to play well if he wants another big payday. He has to rehab his ass off which I hear he's doing in Chicago. I think the Rockets will keep him to see what he's got. If he's less than what they think he should be, there will be a mid season trade or just let his contract expire.

Rogue
05-26-2009, 08:25 AM
KneeMac's knee will hold him out of games till Jan next year, which means he will miss half of the regular season at least. Although the fact is pretty sad, I still have to repeat it to all the idiots that pushed him into this situation, T-Mac is done for his career. He may come back someday as a role player signed with veteran exception by a contending team which can help him break his second round virgin, but he will never play as a leader as he used to be.