PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone acting like Denver/Orlando aren't supposed to be winning?

SpursDynasty
05-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I have never seen so much disrespect for championship contenders before....Denver and Orlando are the expected favorites for the 2009 NBA Finals. I don't know why I am seeing articles about "Carmelo stepping up" or "Orlando has arrived", etc as if these teams are doing anything beyond what they are capable of or normally do.... Carmelo Anthony is just being the player that he is, going out there and taking care of business. He isn't doing anything different or anything other than what was expected of him...The Nuggets are the favorites in the series vs. the Lakers...they aren't "stepping up", they are just going out there as the better team and winning. Now that Allen Iverson is done holding this Denver team back, it's Carmelo's turn to show what he can do. As the 2nd best player (behind Dwayne Wade) in the class of 2003 NBA draft, it's his turn for a championship now. Dwayne Wade got his in 2006, 3 years later it's Carmelo Anthony's time. Carmelo Anthony is the best player in the Western Conference Finals this year, and there isn't anyone on the Lakers who can stop him. As I've said before, once the Lakers stop making shots, they don't win games. Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum are not Shaq, Horry, and Rick Fox. Kobe can't win without Shaq. Gasol, Odom, and Bynum are soft and don't have the psychology of the game that the early 2000s Lakers did.

As for Orlando and Cleveland, Cleveland is on the way to becoming the laughingstock of the league and they have Mo Williams to thank. Mo Williams is the best player on the Cavs, but for him to talk as if he's on an All-Star level is a joke. He just happens to be the best jump shooter they have and not much else. Just because they are 66-16, they think that they don't have to show up in the series. Well now look what happened. I hope LeBron does go overseas to play because he is a waste of money for Cleveland, their fans, is an insult to the integrity of the MVP award, and the NBA. So now what, LeBron? Are you going to the Finals to get swept again?

LakerHater
05-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Cuz they arent!!!

Well at least Denver, Stern would have a fit!!

Artest93
05-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, Denver, Orlando, say goodnight, cuz Spursdynasty just threw down the kiss of death on you guys

aWGuUwjS4Pc

endrity
05-25-2009, 02:46 PM
but orlando has howard on it!!!! i thought he sucked!!!

step up to the mike
05-25-2009, 02:52 PM
You will some day understand all this right now your confused, Stop worrying and step up to the mike!

mavs>spurs2
05-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Why are you acting like you're still supposed to be posting? Didn't you lose a bet?

JamStone
05-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh happy day, oh happy day when Jesus washed my sins away.

Jesus is my friend!
05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh happy day, oh happy day when Jesus washed my sins away.\

:toast

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Denver isn't winning, and wasn't SUPPOSED to be winning either!

The Final Countdown
05-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Why are you acting like you're still supposed to be posting? Didn't you lose a bet?
:wakeup

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-25-2009, 05:22 PM
SD is not a man of his word. He's not supposed to post till the end of the finals.

Laker Lanny
05-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Sorry ass Spur fans can never keep their word! :bang

ploto
05-25-2009, 06:22 PM
A lot of people discounted Orlando as a real contender and they did it throughout the season, especially after they lost Jameer. The Magic, though, are built for the play-offs with a big man who can score inside surrounded by shooters and a defense that plays hard and has a big guy inside who can block shots.

Spursfan092120
05-25-2009, 06:30 PM
You will some day understand all this right now your confused, Stop worrying and step up to the mike!
:rolleyes
Great...a troll with a catchphrase.

it's me
05-25-2009, 06:40 PM
simple..... fakers and crawaliers..... what do you spect??? ...... Sterns wet dream starts heading to the finals.........

Armando
05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Because ESPN thinks we want to see Lakers and LeBron in the Finals.

Spursfan092120
05-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Because ESPN thinks we want to see the Los Angeles Kobes and Cleveland LeBrons in the Finals.
fify

Armando
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
And I remind you this is nothing new from ESPN and the NBA. Remember in 2005 the dream matchup they wanted was Phoenix/Miami in the Finals. Phoenix scoring 120 per game while Shaq and Wade would have scored that between them. What happened? Detroit and San Antonio had other plans.

Spursfan092120
05-25-2009, 08:47 PM
And I remind you this is nothing new from ESPN and the NBA. Remember in 2005 the dream matchup they wanted was Phoenix/Miami in the Finals. Phoenix scoring 120 per game while Shaq and Wade would have scored that between them. What happened? Detroit and San Antonio had other plans.

Ah..thank you for the reminder. :)

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2005/HorryGW_360_050619.jpg

15u2SVZj3ZA

portpower_11
05-25-2009, 10:32 PM
A lot of people discounted Orlando as a real contender and they did it throughout the season, especially after they lost Jameer. The Magic, though, are built for the play-offs with a big man who can score inside surrounded by shooters and a defense that plays hard and has a big guy inside who can block shots.

I can not believe how tough Orlando will be (if not losing Jameer)

Even losing Jammer, they are clearly the better team than Cavs

With Jameer, they would have sweep Cavs (no matter how Refs help Cavs)

iggypop123
05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Ah..thank you for the reminder. :)

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2005/HorryGW_360_050619.jpg

15u2SVZj3ZA

this almost killed the NBA. they managed to survive but if another of those happened i think the UFC would have passed the NBa and it would have gone near NHL status

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 11:57 PM
timvp should have selected a better name for this troll, SpursDynasty sounds 100 years old.

spurscenter
05-26-2009, 12:15 AM
I have never seen so much disrespect for championship contenders before....Denver and Orlando are the expected favorites for the 2009 NBA Finals. I don't know why I am seeing articles about "Carmelo stepping up" or "Orlando has arrived", etc as if these teams are doing anything beyond what they are capable of or normally do.... Carmelo Anthony is just being the player that he is, going out there and taking care of business. He isn't doing anything different or anything other than what was expected of him...The Nuggets are the favorites in the series vs. the Lakers...they aren't "stepping up", they are just going out there as the better team and winning. Now that Allen Iverson is done holding this Denver team back, it's Carmelo's turn to show what he can do. As the 2nd best player (behind Dwayne Wade) in the class of 2003 NBA draft, it's his turn for a championship now. Dwayne Wade got his in 2006, 3 years later it's Carmelo Anthony's time. Carmelo Anthony is the best player in the Western Conference Finals this year, and there isn't anyone on the Lakers who can stop him. As I've said before, once the Lakers stop making shots, they don't win games. Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, and Andrew Bynum are not Shaq, Horry, and Rick Fox. Kobe can't win without Shaq. Gasol, Odom, and Bynum are soft and don't have the psychology of the game that the early 2000s Lakers did.

As for Orlando and Cleveland, Cleveland is on the way to becoming the laughingstock of the league and they have Mo Williams to thank. Mo Williams is the best player on the Cavs, but for him to talk as if he's on an All-Star level is a joke. He just happens to be the best jump shooter they have and not much else. Just because they are 66-16, they think that they don't have to show up in the series. Well now look what happened. I hope LeBron does go overseas to play because he is a waste of money for Cleveland, their fans, is an insult to the integrity of the MVP award, and the NBA. So now what, LeBron? Are you going to the Finals to get swept again?

nice , but please space it out some more so its faster and easier to read.

spurscenter
05-26-2009, 12:16 AM
i think the Spurs Det Dvd was the lowest selling DVD of all time