PDA

View Full Version : Did the Suns offer Amare for Hickson/Wally?

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Some ASSHOLE is telling me that this deal was on the table and the Suns were willing to take it, but the Cavs declined. Can anyone confirm anything about that ordeal?

I highly doubt the Suns would've given up Amare for an expiring and a scrub (Next Karl Malone!), it just doesn't make sense.

Someone please confirm, thanks.

Spursfan092120
05-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Some ASSHOLE is telling me that this deal was on the table and the Suns were willing to take it, but the Cavs declined. Can anyone confirm anything about that ordeal?

I highly doubt the Suns would've given up Amare for an expiring and a scrub (Next Karl Malone!), it just doesn't make sense.

Someone please confirm, thanks.
I seriously doubt they'd take that little...though I do know they were trying to get rid of him, but I smell bullshit...no way Cleveland turns that down.

monosylab1k
05-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Thunder Dan can probably help you out. I believe the deal didn't go down because JJ Hickson is the next Karl Malone, and so to make the trade fair, the Cavs wanted Phoenix to throw in Nash & Shaq to make it a fair trade.

Spursfan092120
05-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Thunder Dan can probably help you out. I believe the deal didn't go down because JJ Hickson is the next Karl Malone, and so to make the trade fair, the Cavs wanted Phoenix to throw in Nash & Shaq to make it a fair trade.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Armando
05-25-2009, 09:55 PM

:lmao

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Someone confirm!!!1

Double-Up
05-25-2009, 10:02 PM

Hahaha...:lol

lil_penny
05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Thunder dans inside source is legit.. and hickson > malone

ffadicted
05-25-2009, 10:04 PM
This trade was actually legit, surprisingly. It was first originated close to the deadline, and it was Steve Kerr who thought it up.

The deal was almost done, but the Cavs tried to change it right before it was made. They wanted to dump Lebron' 2010 expiring contract on the suns as well, but Kerr would have none of it, so the deal was called off

Biggems
05-25-2009, 10:32 PM
well to get his salary, injuries, whining, poor attitude, and on-court stupidity off the books, I think it isnt too bad of a deal. They could then use the money to be get fresh, athletic faces in PHX

but the trade never happened

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I don't know how legit it was, who offered it or rejected it ... probably more rumor than anything, but I think I did indeed hear something about this trade prior to the deadline.

iggypop123
05-25-2009, 11:19 PM
the offer was for shaq not amare

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Because the Cavs didn't want to lose Hickson who is supposed to become a HOFer in the future for a team cancer, though Amare would have handed the Cavs to the Lakers if he had got traded to Cleverland.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Phoenix maybe knew what they were doing considering there's still a massive fluid buildup behind Amare's eye, at this rate he's not returning anywhere near the season opener, assuming his career isn't over period.

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Phoenix maybe knew what they were doing considering there's still a massive fluid buildup behind Amare's eye, at this rate he's not returning anywhere near the season opener, assuming his career isn't over period.

:wow, that would be a damn shame if hall of famer Amare stoudamire's career came to an end like that.

I keeed I keed (on the HOF part).

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2009, 11:35 PM
the offer was for shaq not amare

I do believe you are correct.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:35 PM
:wow, that would be a damn shame if hall of famer Amare stoudamire's career came to an end like that.

I figured you were kidding considering you can't even spell Stoudemire's name right.

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 11:36 PM
:(

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 11:36 PM

Amare will never be considered a candidate for HOF, at least he is behind Hickson on that way.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
I do believe you are correct.

It was both. Right before Porter was fired when Kerr was massively shopping Tardemire, the Hickson Wally package was discussed. Right at the trade deadline the Shaq trade was discussed.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:38 PM
All I want is for his eye to be injured long enough so the Suns don't give him an extension this off season so he can sign with another team. Is that too much to ask?

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 11:38 PM
DoK just for you:

NWyetpWh-yc

The great Steeeeeve Naaaaash!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:40 PM
DoK just for you:

NWyetpWh-yc

The great Steeeeeve Naaaaash!

lol this was when No-D-Steve was good.

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Here we go:

Believing that Amare Stoudemire could make the difference with winning an NBA title and ultimately keeping LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers made a bid to the Phoenix Suns for the All-Star power forward, two league sources familiar with the offer said Friday.

Cleveland general manager Danny Ferry offered the expiring contract of Wally Szczerbiak, rookie J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick for Stoudemire earlier in the week, sources said. Anderson Varejao was mentioned in a possible scenario too, sources said.

Nevertheless, the proposal has generated little enthusiasm out of Suns GM Steve Kerr.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvJumWs9dvoYp_T272ytQYm8vLYF?slug=aw-stoudemirecavs021309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Here we go:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvJumWs9dvoYp_T272ytQYm8vLYF?slug=aw-stoudemirecavs021309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

That means nothing when we're dealing with kerr. He gave the impression a few years ago that Minnesota offered KG for Amare and he declined, but actually he was begging McHale to trade KG for Amare but even McHale was smart enough to turn that down and take Jefferson.

KidCongo
05-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Cavs offered that. Suns wanted stuff the Cavs couldn't send. Then it went onto Shaq for Ben and Pavlovic. Suns wanted Wally. Cavs didn't budge. So no deals went down.

Ghazi
05-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Why wouldn't Cavs give up WALLY