PDA

View Full Version : Report: Mike Tyson's Daughter on Life Support

mrsmaalox
05-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Report: Mike Tyson's Daughter on Life Support

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20280992,00.html?xid=rss-yahooheadlines

Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter Exodus is on life support after an accident involving home exercise equipment, the Associated Press reports.

In what police in Phoenix call a tragic accident Monday morning at Tyson's home there, the girl was reportedly found by her 7-year-old brother with her neck caught in a cable attached to a treadmill.

The boy alerted the girl's mother in another room. Her mother called 911 and tried to revive her, according to the AP. Mike Tyson was said to be in Las Vegas at the time of the
accident, but has returned home.

Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill told FOX News, “Somehow she was playing on this treadmill, and there’s a cord that hangs under the console – it’s kind of a loop. Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it.”

Emergency personnel performed CPR on Exodus, who was rushed to St. Joseph’s Hospital where she remains on life support, according to the Fox News report. Sgt. Hill described her condition as "extremely critical."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrible tragedy :(

Udokafan05
05-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Damn that sucks. Good Luck to her.

The Franchise
05-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Damn, I hope everything turns out OK. That has got to be a parents worst nightmare.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Really sad I hope she makes it.

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Very sad. Hopefully there's a miracle with her name on it.

IronMexican
05-26-2009, 12:49 AM
WOW! This is horrible news. It seems like Mike has the worst luck. I really hope he can pull through this.

Summers
05-26-2009, 07:13 AM
:( Can't imagine.

dirk4mvp
05-26-2009, 07:50 AM
That sucks. I hope she is ok for her own good and for Mike's mental stability.

JudynTX
05-26-2009, 08:04 AM
:( How tragic.

SA210
05-26-2009, 08:17 AM
I hope this gets better. :depressed

JoeChalupa
05-26-2009, 08:26 AM
I pray for a recovery. I can't even imagine.

Heath Ledger
05-26-2009, 06:19 PM
CNN has confirmed his daughter has passed away. Very sad news.

Pistons < Spurs
05-26-2009, 06:30 PM
CNN has confirmed his daughter has passed away. Very sad news.

The 4-year-old daughter of boxing legend Mike Tyson died Tuesday, a day after she was injured in a treadmill accident at her home, police in Phoenix, Arizona, said.

Exodus Tyson was prounounced dead at 11:45 a.m. local time Tuesday, said Sgt. Andy Hill, a Phoenix police spokesman. He gave no other details.

The girl was found by her 7-year-old brother on a treadmill in the Phoenix home Monday "with her neck on ... a cable" attached to the machine, police said in an earlier statement.

The mother "took her daughter off the cable" and called authorities, and Exodus was taken to a hospital, according to police.

Former world heavyweight champion Tyson traveled from Las Vegas, Nevada, to Phoenix where his daughter was on life support in critical condition on Monday, police said. Video Neighbors react to news »

The 42-year-old Brooklyn-born Tyson became the youngest world heavyweight champion in history when he lifted the World Boxing Council title aged 20.

Tyson also won the WBA and IBF versions of the crown during a career that was littered with controversy including disqualification for biting Evander Holyfield's ear during a 1997 title rematch.

He retired from the sport in 2005, but was back in the news this month with the U.S. release of the film "Tyson," a documentary that premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last year.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/26/arizona.tyson.daughter/index.html

SA210
05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
The 4-year-old daughter of boxing legend Mike Tyson died Tuesday, a day after she was injured in a treadmill accident at her home, police in Phoenix, Arizona, said.

Exodus Tyson was prounounced dead at 11:45 a.m. local time Tuesday, said Sgt. Andy Hill, a Phoenix police spokesman. He gave no other details.

The girl was found by her 7-year-old brother on a treadmill in the Phoenix home Monday "with her neck on ... a cable" attached to the machine, police said in an earlier statement.

The mother "took her daughter off the cable" and called authorities, and Exodus was taken to a hospital, according to police.

Former world heavyweight champion Tyson traveled from Las Vegas, Nevada, to Phoenix where his daughter was on life support in critical condition on Monday, police said. Video Neighbors react to news »

The 42-year-old Brooklyn-born Tyson became the youngest world heavyweight champion in history when he lifted the World Boxing Council title aged 20.

Tyson also won the WBA and IBF versions of the crown during a career that was littered with controversy including disqualification for biting Evander Holyfield's ear during a 1997 title rematch.

He retired from the sport in 2005, but was back in the news this month with the U.S. release of the film "Tyson," a documentary that premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last year.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/26/arizona.tyson.daughter/index.html

:depressed:depressed:depressed

I can't even imagine what this is like. I would go crazy if something happened to my daughter. I really do pray for them.

pkbpkb81
05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
wow i would have hated to be the dr. that told iron mike his daughter was dead

LnGrrrR
05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Man... how shitty. As an expecting father, I think it would really hurt if my wife were to lose the baby now at four and a half months. I can't imagine how devastated I would be at 4.

Slydragon
05-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Damn that sucks, I hope Mike and the family can pull threw as best a family can from losing a child.

Budkin
05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Horrible... just fucking horrible.

JoeChalupa
05-27-2009, 05:58 AM
My prayers go out to Mike and his family.

JudynTX
05-27-2009, 08:12 AM
:( RIP baby girl

BWS-1994
05-27-2009, 11:24 AM
My prayers go out to Mike and his family.

manufan10
05-27-2009, 12:11 PM
My prayers go out to Mike and his family. It's a sad, sad tragic event.

IronMexican
05-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I heard she passed away. Very sad news. Rest In Peace. My condolences to Mike an his family.