PDA

View Full Version : The Nuggets are so cocky I want to vomit

monosylab1k
05-25-2009, 11:00 PM
but at least they have the talent to back it up.

Medvedenko
05-25-2009, 11:00 PM
I agree, only buddy that's class on that team is Chauncy.

monosylab1k
05-25-2009, 11:01 PM
It's easier to accept JR Smith dancing around like a jackass than it is Mo Williams or Anderson Varejao or any of the no-talent hacks surrounding LeBron that spent an entire season acting like cocky dipshits just because they were playing with the King.

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 11:04 PM
anderson varejao is a quality big fwiw

monosylab1k
05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
anderson varejao is a quality big fwiw

no he isn't.

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2009, 11:07 PM
The Nuggets need to reign it in. They're losing their composure in the midst of their success. It's going to cost them a trip to the Finals if they're not careful. They're starting to think they're perhaps better than they are.

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 11:08 PM
no he isn't.
Seems mono never agrees on anything Ghazi approve of. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2009, 11:09 PM
The Nuggets need to reign it in. They're losing their composure in the midst of their success. It's going to cost them a trip to the Finals if they're not careful. They're starting to think they're perhaps better than they are.

instead of realizing the Lakers aren't as GREAT as they pretend to be.

monosylab1k
Seems mono never agrees on anything Ghazi approve of. :lol

That's because Ghazi is retarded.

ducks
I agree, only buddy that's class on that team is Chauncy.

atleast denver does have some class players on it

lakers have no one including the coach

ducks
05-25-2009, 11:10 PM

they need to play that way
denver needs to just play and not act like the lakers are not beatable

Jacko
05-25-2009, 11:10 PM
There is nothing dumber you can do to another team than to taunt them and rub a victory in their faces.

jmanu20
05-25-2009, 11:12 PM
There is nothing dumber you can do to another team than to taunt them and rub a victory in their faces.

Normally I agree, but when this particular team's superstar is an arrogant prick, I don't mind seeing another team pour it on them.

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 11:13 PM
He is not bad defensively (varejao)

Jacob1983
05-25-2009, 11:13 PM
The Nuggets are cocky, classless, thugs. They also run up the score when the game has already been decided. That's the reason why Nate Robinson got in a fight with Carmelo because the Nuggets were running up the score against the Knicks in that game a few years ago.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-25-2009, 11:14 PM

I don't see why people are taking this angle against the Nuggets. You sound like butthurt fairy girls used to YMCA basketball ONLY.

Look at who they got, look at their style of play, look at their team leaders, and if you expect them to play a stoic style of basketball you are a dumbass. As a coach, as a floor leader, you encourage and expect your team to run at optimum efficiency. If someone plays better after running around like a monkey after an alley oop, so be it. These guys feed off of their big plays, because that's the type of players they have. In alot of ways, this is probably how they've reached a new level with the addition of Billups as a new floor leader. Kind of like a contained chaos.

Besides....if you remove JR smith from the equation, their cockiness decreases by 75%

JamStone
I think most teams have at least a few players that act like jackasses. It seems like Denver and Cleveland and Boston have a couple extra, and it's to the extreme of obnoxious behavior. But, hey, when you win, you can do it. When you lose, that kind of shit comes back to bite you in the ass. I have less of a problem with it because it was in Denver in front of the home fans. That's not to say that JR Smith isn't a fucking punk the way he acted. But, the easy way to prevent him from acting like that is to beat them.

ducks
The Nuggets are cocky, classless, thugs. They also run up the score when the game has already been decided. That's the reason why Nate Robinson got in a fight with Carmelo because the Nuggets were running up the score against the Knicks in that game a few years ago.

denver did not run up the score

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Normally I agree, but when this particular team's superstar is an arrogant prick, I don't mind seeing another team pour it on them.

JR Smith started getting annoying in the middle of the game...but his last two celebrations were so infantile I was like, "...okay, I can live with that" :lol

Also it's funny to see Kobe on the bench pissed off , especially sinceh helped his team lose.

Jacko
05-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Let them get cocky. I really don't care.

They are a stupid team.

JamStone
05-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Besides....if you remove JR smith from the equation, their cockiness decreases by 75%

Maybe 45-50%. K-Mart is a huge part of it too. And, Dahntay Jones is slowly becoming a quietly underrated douchebag. In fact, I envision Dahntay and Kobe dancing a tango pretty soon and then two years from now they'll be pretend best buds like Kobe and Raja became.

LakerHater
05-25-2009, 11:17 PM
You havta be!!!!!!!!

If you go in thinkin youre gonna lose, why play!!!??

Jacob1983
05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
So when you're up by 14 with a minute and change left, and you're pushing up the lead to 20, it's not running up the score? Are you serious?

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
It's easier to accept JR Smith dancing around like a jackass than it is Mo Williams or Anderson Varejao or any of the no-talent hacks surrounding LeBron that spent an entire season acting like cocky dipshits just because they were playing with the King.
Though I have to agree what mono claimed, Cavs are just a scrub team made of a bunch of faggots and a King. King Crab is damn good a guy but he doesn't have any decent pawn to use, while the Thunder is not the team of Durant himself. Besides him, we have also got many other future stars like Jeff Green and westbrook, and this year's 3rd draft as well. You will realize it is the biggest happiness to be a Thunder fan, when you witness our first championship cup being handed to the hands of the Thunder's players in the very near future.

lefty
05-25-2009, 11:19 PM
+1

Cavs are the worst

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Maybe 45-50%. K-Mart is a huge part of it too. And, Dahntay Jones is slowly becoming a quietly underrated douchebag. In fact, I envision Dahntay and Kobe dancing a tango pretty soon and then two years from now they'll be pretend best buds like Kobe and Raja became.
JR Smith is allowed to be cocky because even though he's a puerile simpleton, he's a very talented one..
K Mart is the worst of them. He has no excuse for his douchebaggery He's a sub-par 'big' when he's at his best.

K Mart is so big a fucktard, he makes me start rooting for the Lakers at certain intervals

The Franchise
05-25-2009, 11:25 PM
JR Smith is allowed to be cocky because even though he's a puerile simpleton, he's a very talented one..
K Mart is the worst of them. He has no excuse for his douchebaggery He's a sub-par 'big' when he's at his best.

K Mart is so big a fucktard, he makes me start rooting for the Lakers at certain intervals

Come on!! :lol Seriously, as long as Kobe loses I don't care what Denver does.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2009, 11:30 PM
+1

Cavs are the worst

The Cavs players can be as annoying as they want, I think people are just finding a bone to pick because of the Lebron hype machine going into sixth gear by ESPN.
...IMO all Lebron's supporting cast should be given a free pass, when it's put into perspective, because they will be forgotten when Lebron gets a real team to surround him when their contracts expire and Lebron finally gets a Pippen FA or something...

Nobody will remember Mo Williams or Sideshow Bob when it's all said and done. They are like literary devices, and a means to an end to add to Lebron's legend.
Their existence on the team merely allows Cleveland Fans to point just how good Lebron had to be in his early championship runs. How his extreme talent level created an illusion that Lebron WASN"T playing with human sized fecal matter, personified in Mo Williams, Varajeo type players...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Come on!! :lol Seriously, as long as Kobe loses I don't care what Denver does.

:lol of course the elimination will neutralize the K-Mart bullshit.

Plus I wouldn't root for the nuggets in the Finals anyway..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Though I have to agree what mono claimed, Cavs are just a scrub team made of a bunch of faggots and a King. King Crab is damn good a guy but he doesn't have any decent pawn to use, while the Thunder is not the team of Durant himself. Besides him, we have also got many other future stars like Jeff Green and westbrook, and this year's 3rd draft as well. You will realize it is the biggest happiness to be a Thunder fan, when you witness our first championship cup being handed to the hands of the Thunder's players in the very near future.

Serge Ibaka......remember that name.

It's going to be the newest name added to the list of draft picks the Suns sold.

Findog
05-25-2009, 11:34 PM

I turned it off without about 3 minutes left. What did the Nugs do?

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Serge who?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Serge who?

Serge Ibaka, a tall athletic fuck straight out of Africa drafted with the 24th overall pick last year by the OKC Thunder with a pick given to them in the Kurt Thomas charity giveaway engineered by Steve Kerr.

cornbread
05-25-2009, 11:41 PM
So when you're up by 14 with a minute and change left, and you're pushing up the lead to 20, it's not running up the score? Are you serious?

Dude. It's the playoffs.

jmanu20
05-25-2009, 11:45 PM

If TMac could overcome a 13 point deficit in 35 seconds, I'm sure Kobe could erase a 14 point deficit with over a minute left. With MOST other teams, yes, it's running up the scoure. When a proven closer like Kobe is in the game, NO, it's not running up the score.

cornbread
05-25-2009, 11:46 PM

The fact that at some point, they all sat around came up with their in-game skits (i.e. "starting the fire") is amazingly gay.

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Technically running up the score is the smart thing to do

Point differential is one of the last tiebreakers in the regular season.

In the event two or more teams are tied in the standings, a series of tiebreakers are applied to determine which team receives the higher seeding.

Two-Team Tiebreaker
1. Division winner (this criterion is applied regardless of whether the tied teams are in the same division)
2. Better record in head-to-head games
3. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Higher winning percentage in conference games
5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
6. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference
7. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed

Three-Team Tiebreaker
1. Division winner (this criterion is applied regardless of whether the tied teams are in the same division)
2. Best head-to-head winning percentage among all teams tied
3. Highest winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Highest winning percentage in conference games
5. Highest winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
6. Highest point differential between points scored and points allowed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Mo Williams is by far the most annoying overrated cocky undeserving piece of shit in the NBA. I said all year Maurice would have a Barosa-against-the-Spurs type series and build a brick house, and sure enough that little faggot is chocking just like the over glorified Jamal Crawford he is.

Imposter Cleaner
05-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Serge Ibaka, a tall athletic fuck straight out of Africa drafted with the 24th overall pick last year by the OKC Thunder with a pick given to them in the Kurt Thomas charity giveaway engineered by Steve Kerr.

How come this tall athletic fuck sounds pretty strange to a life-long Thunder fan in myself? Our team is build up on the basement of a couple shooting guards and small forwards, like Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Westbrook.

Shank
05-25-2009, 11:52 PM
If TMac could overcome a 13 point deficit in 35 seconds, I'm sure Kobe could erase a 14 point deficit with over a minute left. With MOST other teams, yes, it's running up the scoure. When a proven closer like Kobe is in the game, NO, it's not running up the score.

Agreed.

I think of it as the "McGrady", or the less-often-used "Reggie Miller", Standard.

If, in a game, you are up by fewer than 13 points with under a minute to go, it's well within your rights to keep jacking up 3s.

Obstructed_View
05-25-2009, 11:53 PM
You always try to score. When asked about it later, you say "We respect this team too much to take our foot off the gas."

And it doesn't matter anyway. Angry Kobe isn't something for the other teams to fear. On the contrary, it's something to hope for.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:53 PM
How come this tall athletic fuck sounds pretty strange to a life-long Thunder fan in myself? Our team is build up on the basement of a couple shooting guards and small forwards, like Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Westbrook.

huh?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Angry Kobe isn't something for the other teams to fear. On the contrary, it's something to hope for.

Agreed completely. Idk why people talk about how you don't want to get Kobe angry, it seems like angry-something-to-prove Kobe is extremely stupid and pisses his teammates off.

Ghazi
05-25-2009, 11:56 PM

Serge Ibaka for threeeeee off of the beautiful feed from Steeeve Naaash

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Serge Ibaka for threeeeee off of the beautiful feed from Steeeve Naaash

You mean next year when Nash commits a retarded turnover against the OKC Thunder and Ibaka gets a break away dunk? fuckin retard.

SouthTexasRancher
05-26-2009, 12:08 AM

Yep!!!

TheMACHINE
05-26-2009, 12:25 AM
i rather see JR smith act like a clown then Eddie House.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2009, 12:26 AM
i rather see JR smith act like a clown the Eddie House.

Best statement ever. Eddie House is a douche.

The Third Man
05-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Live by the headband, die by the headband. The Nuggets play loose and with all of that talent they can beat the crap out of anybody. They play too loose sometimes, though and that will probably cost them the series. They have more talent than the Lakers, that's for sure. The L.A. bench is horrible. Lamar Odom is a complete dog out there, too.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-26-2009, 01:20 AM
I don't care how cocky Denver is behaving, as long as they continue to whoop ass on the Lakers, they can act as cocky as they want for eternity.

TheMACHINE
05-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Live by the headband, die by the headband. The Nuggets play loose and with all of that talent they can beat the crap out of anybody. They play too loose sometimes, though and that will probably cost them the series. They have more talent than the Lakers, that's for sure. The L.A. bench is horrible. Lamar Odom is a complete dog out there, too.

Lamar is gone after this season.

daslicer
05-27-2009, 12:48 AM
I don't get hate the nuggets get for being cocky and rubbing it in. The Lakers have always been a team filled with arrogant pricks including the 3 peat years. Dfish,Horry,Fox,Kobe,Shaq those guys all laughed it up and rubbed it in people's faces when they were winning. This current teams has a bunch of pricks on it to in Dfish,Kobe, Gaysol,Odom, Luke Walton, Vujabitch, I have seen those guys do the same things when they win that the nuggets are doing now. Its just that the Lakers are getting a taste of their own medicine thats why its frustrating for their fans to endure it.

Jacko
05-27-2009, 12:52 AM
If you can't see the difference between JR Smith doing a velociraptor dance after hitting a 3 when the game was already decided and the 3-peat Laker teams then clearly you are beyond reason.

Obstructed_View
05-27-2009, 01:22 AM
If you can't see the difference between JR Smith doing a velociraptor dance after hitting a 3 when the game was already decided and the 3-peat Laker teams then clearly you are beyond reason.

The difference is you don't root for the first one.

NewJerSpur
05-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Off-topic: Remember when Shaq yoked up Chris Dudley and shoved him to the ground after a dunk all in one motion....Dudley got T'd up for throwing the ball back at Shaq.

Capt Bringdown
05-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Nuggets have managed some of the dumbest basketball I've ever seen in a playoff series, yet the Lakers just narrowly squeeked out 2 wins.

This from one of the most talented Lakers squads we've seen in a long, long time.

Phil looks bored, as does the entire team at times. I think everyone's just fed up with Kobe - he's not a leader or the kind of teammate you'd want to rally around is he?

If the Lakers win, he'll get all the credit and then some. If they lose, he'll be the first one to throw his teammates under the bus.

If the Nuggets can somehow pull this off, I'll have a soft spot for this wacky squad FOREVER!