PDA

View Full Version : If Jr Smith and Chauncey Billups continue to shoot lights out from 3 pt land

MiamiHeat
05-26-2009, 03:18 AM
then the Lakers are going fishing.

Book it. LA cannot survive a barrage of 3pointers from Jr Smith and Billups + a Melo/Birdman/Martin frontcourt.

We all know how deadly JR Smith can be.

Lakers should be very very worried. The only two games the Lakers won was TWO inbound disasters. The Nuggets GAVE the Lakers the wins, the Lakers didn't take them.

Denver is gonna win this, imo.

KSeal
05-26-2009, 03:46 AM
LMAO, you just can't get the Lakers out of your mind.

IronMexican
05-26-2009, 03:48 AM
You should be on you're knees sucking Buss' dick for giving Miami it's only Championship.

MiamiHeat
05-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Denver's gonna own your asses!!

The_Game
05-26-2009, 08:00 AM
nuggets are lucky they aren't down 3-1....lakers blew game 2.

nuggets aren't as good as L.A..this series ends in 6. Lakers are heading to the finals.

Chieflion
05-26-2009, 08:05 AM

nuggets aren't as good as L.A..this series ends in 6. Lakers are heading to the finals.
I understand, Laker fan.

LnGrrrR
05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
then the Lakers are going fishing.

Book it. LA cannot survive a barrage of 3pointers from Jr Smith and Billups + a Melo/Birdman/Martin frontcourt.

We all know how deadly JR Smith can be.

Lakers should be very very worried. The only two games the Lakers won was TWO inbound disasters. The Nuggets GAVE the Lakers the wins, the Lakers didn't take them.

Denver is gonna win this, imo.

OH!

I see what you did there.

Jacko
05-26-2009, 09:55 AM
MiamiHeat == Mav fan troll.

I'm surprised it's taken you guys this long to figure it out.

Capt Bringdown
05-26-2009, 10:16 AM
If Denver had been able to play just a little bit smarter they might have swept the Lakers.

Jacko
05-26-2009, 10:19 AM
That's the thing about the NBA though, you don't win in the playoffs unless you are a smart team.

The fact that DEN plays well through 3 quarters is irrelevant. So do the Mavs. It's a 48 minute game, and if you are incapable of playing well for 48 minutes then you simply don't DESERVE to win.

So no, the Nuggets SHOULDN'T have won any game they lost. They lost because they lack focus and mental strength needed to close out games. And that is just as important as talent.

samikeyp
05-26-2009, 10:22 AM
That's the thing about the NBA though, you don't win in the playoffs unless you are a smart team.

The fact that DEN plays well through 3 quarters is irrelevant. So do the Mavs. It's a 48 minute game, and if you are incapable of playing well for 48 minutes then you simply don't DESERVE to win.

So no, the Nuggets SHOULDN'T have won any game they lost. They lost because they lack focus and mental strength needed to close out games. And that is just as important as talent.

IMO its actually more important.

Yeah I don't like the "should have/shouldn't have" excuse. You win or lose, period. Could Denver have won games 1 and 3? Absolutely, it was that close but at the same time, LA could have won game 3 and be up 3-1 right now.

Jacko
05-26-2009, 10:35 AM
IMO its actually more important.

Yeah I don't like the "should have/shouldn't have" excuse. You win or lose, period. Could Denver have won games 1 and 3? Absolutely, it was that close but at the same time, LA could have won game 3 and be up 3-1 right now.

:toast

Couldn't agree more. This is why the Spurs have been on top for so long. Not necessarily because they are loaded with talent, but because they can out execute any team in the 4th quarter.

Ghazi
05-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Smith/Billups were only 5/15 from 3 last game..

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 11:23 AM
They hit their 3's when the game was basically over anyways.

Artest93
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM

Nuggets are a better TEAM than team Kobe...We have seen these Lakers for about 16 games already in the playoffs, and they don't scare anybody unlike the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.....Nobody is steppin up besides Kobe b/c they are scared of playin physical against the nugs

icem
05-26-2009, 11:44 AM
the nuggets have not shot as well from 3 as they normally do.... this is the only reason why any of these games have been close.

but JR smith is the biggest wild card. if he plays well the rest of the series, i think the nuggets win it. he gives them such a spark when he plays well. the entire team seems to get an adrenaline rush and feed off some his spectacular shots.

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Lakers haven't really played well all series long.

They are due for a good game IMHO.

TampaDude
05-26-2009, 12:01 PM
:toast

Couldn't agree more. This is why the Spurs have been on top for so long. Not necessarily because they are loaded with talent, but because they can out execute any team in the 4th quarter.

Can't disagree with you there. The Spurs need to have their Big 3 all healthy to be in top form, though. :toast

JamStone
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM
If I were the Lakers, I'd be more worried about Gasol, Bynum, and Odom actually being able to get a defensive rebound than Billups and JR Smith lighting it up from three point range. If they do get hot from long distance, even with good defense, sometimes you can't do anything about it. But, controlling the defensive boards is something they can do something about.

Oh, and Odom needs to learn how to score.

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 01:01 PM
The Lakers will rebound better in Game 5. There as no effort from them in Game 4, not surprised at all given how they've played thus far.

Ghazi
05-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Lakers are probably fine.

Keep in mind the 08 Celtics, 07 Spurs, 06 Mavs, 05 Spurs, 04 Pistons etc etc usually had 2-3 games during the postseason where they lost by 15+ points. Actually I don't think so in the case of the Pistons, but still.

Too much is made of the Lakers' inconsistency, like PJ said, give their opponents some FUCKIN credit!

JamStone
05-26-2009, 01:10 PM
The Lakers will rebound better in Game 5. There as no effort from them in Game 4, not surprised at all given how they've played thus far.

It should surprise you at least a little bit since game 1 was a devastating loss from which the Nuggets wouldn't be able to recover. And, since that devastating loss, the Nuggets have won two games and had a very good chance to win all three since that devastating loss. It shouldn't matter how the Lakers have played since that game 1 loss was so devastating that the Nuggets wouldn't be able to recover from it.

Did I mention how devastating a loss game 1 was for the Nuggets?

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
It should surprise you at least a little bit since game 1 was a devastating loss from which the Nuggets wouldn't be able to recover. And, since that devastating loss, the Nuggets have won two games and had a very good chance to win all three since that devastating loss. It shouldn't matter how the Lakers have played since that game 1 loss was so devastating that the Nuggets wouldn't be able to recover from it.

Did I mention how devastating a loss game 1 was for the Nuggets?

Did I mention that you root for a team with no heart that embarrassed DET sports by not even showing up in the playoffs?

Did I mention you live in a POS city with a rapidly declining population?

Did I mention that you have no life other than taking shots at Laker fans since you have absolutely nothing to root for anymore and won't for a long time?

JamStone
05-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Did I mention that you root for a team with no heart that embarrassed DET sports by not even showing up in the playoffs?

Did I mention you live in a POS city with a rapidly declining population?

Did I mention that you have no life other than taking shots at Laker fans since you have absolutely nothing to root for anymore and won't for a long time?

You probably have before. And, you did again right now.

Is there a point to your post?

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
You probably have before. And, you did again right now.

Is there a point to your post?

Was there a point to yours?

JamStone
05-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Yes, that you should be surprised that the Nuggets are tied with the Lakers in this series 2-2 when you felt that game 1 was a devastating loss the Nuggets wouldn't be able to recover from. I still think the Lakers should win this series myself, but Denver obviously has recovered quite nicely from that game 1 loss.

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
There was no point to my post

Thanks. :toast

Moving on....

JamStone
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Clearly, your post is devastating to me and I won't be able to recover from it.

TampaDude
05-26-2009, 03:01 PM

:lmao

Allanon
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Lakers sucked last night. No excuses really.

Just gotta come back and get 5&6.

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM

Clearly, which is why you still can't let it go.

JamStone
05-26-2009, 03:23 PM
As clear as your inferiority complex forces you to resort to Detroit bashing.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Lakers haven't really played well all series long.

They are due for a good game IMHO.

The Lakers are exactly who we thought they were

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
As clear as my inferiority complex which forces me to resort to Laker bashing.

:toast sounds about right

JamStone
05-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Awwww everybody, look at how the retarded kid is trying to be clever by changing the words in my quotes.

DPG21920
05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
House, I thought it was Spurs fans who bash the Lakers? Then it was Mav fans who were pathetic, now it is Piston fans as well?

Morg1411
05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
House, I thought it was Spurs fans who bash the Lakers? Then it was Mav fans who were pathetic, now it is Piston fans as well?

Anyone who isn't a Lakers fan is pathetic. At least, that's the message House & Co. seem to be selling here.

DPG21920
05-26-2009, 03:49 PM
I told my Laker fan of a brother that if J.R. starts to show up this series would get much harder for LA. With the exception of game 3 where the Lakers held the Nuggets to under 100, the Nuggets have too much offense for the Lakers for them to be comfortable. If JR shows up, that is even more fire power and could be the deciding influence in the series.

Allanon
05-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I told my Laker fan of a brother that if J.R. starts to show up this series would get much harder for LA. With the exception of game 3 where the Lakers held the Nuggets to under 100, the Nuggets have too much offense for the Lakers for them to be comfortable. If JR shows up, that is even more fire power and could be the deciding influence in the series.

Any time JR Smith lights it up, it's a long night for the Lakers.

When JR Smith is on, the Nuggets have the best two shooters in the entire NBA (Melo & JR)

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 03:57 PM
If you're depending on JR Smith's shot to win you games then you're in trouble.

The Nuggets will need Melo to score up near the 20-30 range to steal one in LA.

DPG21920
05-26-2009, 03:58 PM

The Nuggets were in both games 1 & 2 in LA with JR Smith being a complete no show. IF he shows up, it is going to be a very tight game in LA.

DrHouse
05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
The Nuggets were in both games 1 & 2 in LA with JR Smith being a complete no show. IF he shows up, it is going to be a very tight game in LA.

How often does he show up though? All those 3's he takes could not go down and he could put the Nuggets in a serious hole if he's not careful.

Melo gives you consistent production every night. IF the Nuggets are going to win one in LA he will need to produce.

Phonzie20
05-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Ok. Will do.

DPG21920
05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
JR Smith scoring takes a lot of pressure off of Melo. Nuggets proved they do not need JR to be competitive in LA. So any thing he adds is just bonus.

KSeal
05-30-2009, 05:17 AM
Denver's gonna own your asses!!

You're so pathetic, the Lakers lose once so you come out and make 8 threads about how much they suck, now you're nowhere to be seen. How about from now on you just STFU. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.