PDA

View Full Version : Machida vs Rampage

lebomb
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Who wins??

I say Machida, but if Rampage catches him, could be lights out. Machida is just too good.

djohn14
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
I think Machida is gonna have that for a while

ATRAIN
05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah I agree Machida is going to dominate IMO the most competitive div in UFC. Its amazing how many times that belt has changed since the Ice Man had it. Page, Forest, Shad, Machida.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2009, 12:16 PM
I love Page, he is my fav 205 pd fighter but i don't love his chances in this one. The problem with Machida is, his style is such that you can't really bring in people to simulate what he does. He is so unorthodox and precise/powerful with his shots, gameplanning for him is a nightmare. Plus Page has shown to be too one dimensional at times. He wants to stand and KO guys with his boxing. I don't think that will work here.. He must find a way to mix it up.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I kind of feel like Machida and his karate/MMA style of fighting is somewhat like what BJJ was, when the Gracies first hit town. Nobody had really seen it before, knew what it was, or knew how to deal with it? Took years of competing against it/studying it, for others to get profecient at it..

desflood
05-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Have to pick Machida. I think when Rampage really warms up into a fight he goes forward mostly on instinct, and that's something that produces nothing but failure against an opponent like Machida.

I already catch some flack for this and I'm sure I'll get more here, but I think the 205'er with the best chance of defeating Machida would be Jardine. His own striking is so unorthodox and I think his preference for low kicks would be a test for Machida. Unfortunately, he's too inconsistant to ever string enough wins together to make a run for the title.

ATRAIN
05-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Have to pick Machida. I think when Rampage really warms up into a fight he goes forward mostly on instinct, and that's something that produces nothing but failure against an opponent like Machida.

I already catch some flack for this and I'm sure I'll get more here, but I think the 205'er with the best chance of defeating Machida would be Jardine. His own striking is so unorthodox and I think his preference for low kicks would be a test for Machida. Unfortunately, he's too inconsistant to ever string enough wins together to make a run for the title.

LOL yeah your right..........JARDINE!!!! :lmao

BWS-1994
05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
I, at least, want to hear what 'Page has to say...

desflood
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
LOL yeah your right..........JARDINE!!!! :lmao
Yeah, bring it on :lol

I'd have to give Shogun a fighting chance as well, but I wouldn't pick him. Machida would outstrike him. If it went to the ground, well, Machida is also a BJJ blackbelt. He'd hold his own.

LEONARD
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I think Machida is a bad matchup for most people, especially Rampage...

anything is possible, but I think he'll get frustrated at his constant swings & misses...

BlackSwordsMan
05-26-2009, 02:27 PM
rampage is just gonna rush, rush, rush, rush
tire out and get ktfo

BlackSwordsMan
05-26-2009, 02:27 PM
and then dana will give thiago silva another chance and NEW ERA

BlackSwordsMan
05-26-2009, 02:28 PM
anderson silva would be a fucking awesome fight

lebomb
05-26-2009, 03:01 PM
anderson silva would be a fucking awesome fight

Yep, two strikers with BJJ backgrounds. I think this would be the best fight. I also believe the Rampage fight will happen first though.