PDA

View Full Version : NBA Fines Jackson $25,000 For Ref Criticisms

duncan228
05-26-2009, 07:21 PM
NBA fines Jackson $25,000 for ref criticisms (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txlakersjacksonfined&prov=st&type=lgns)

The NBA has fined Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson $25,000 for his public criticisms of the referees following Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

The Lakers organization was also fined $25,000 Tuesday, the day after the team’s 120-101 loss in Denver that evened the series.

Jackson was angry with the free throw discrepancy - Denver’s 49 attempts were 14 more than the Lakers - and accused the Nuggets’ Dahntay Jones of a dirty play for tripping Kobe Bryant. Jackson was also upset by a flurry of fouls called against Luke Walton.

Game 5 is Wednesday in Los Angeles.

Banzai
05-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Not a surprise. Glad Phil isn't afraid to speak out against the NBA.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-26-2009, 07:24 PM
What I never understand is how everyone fails to notice the pattern never stops.

Complain -> Fined -> Lakers get insanely beneficial calls right from the outset of the following game

He's done this since day 1

Banzai
05-26-2009, 07:26 PM
What I never understand is how everyone fails to notice the pattern never stops.

Complain -> Fined -> Lakers get insanely beneficial calls right from the outset of the following game

What I don't understand is why fine someone so much....sure 25k is pocket change for Phil but what is wrong with speaking out?

shelshor
05-26-2009, 07:29 PM
What I don't understand is why fine someone so much....sure 25k is pocket change for Phil but what is wrong with speaking out?

Its an obvious violation of the Official nba party line that their refs are the finest in the world

Allanon
05-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I look forward to some home-cooking calls in Game 5; Lakers are due for some ref calls to go their way.

Banzai
05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Its an obvious violation of the Official nba party line that their refs are the finest in the world

http://wsjclassroom.com/images/07mar_view_davidstern.gif

NRHector
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
What I don't understand is why fine someone so much....sure 25k is pocket change for Phil but what is wrong with speaking out?nothing is wrong with speaking out is just that Jackson does this so the ref can see that Mr. Almighty Phil Jackson is upset so the next game the Lakers get the calls, you'll see the difference in the next game.
He is been doing this for years that's why the Spurs always get screw with calls because Pop doesn't have the money or the guts to complain about the refs. I have to give credit to Jackson for at least helping his team to win some how, just watch the game and you'll see the difference like day and night.

Banzai
05-26-2009, 07:44 PM
nothing is wrong with speaking out is just that Jackson does this so the ref can see that Mr. Almighty Phil Jackson is upset so the next game the Lakers get the calls, you'll see the difference in the next game.
He is been doing this for years that's why the Spurs always get screw with calls because Pop doesn't have the money or the guts to complain about the refs. I have to give credit to Jackson for at least helping his team to win some how, just watch the game and you'll see the difference like day and night.
I'll see if the calls are made differently tomorrow.

Obstructed_View
05-26-2009, 08:07 PM
I look forward to some home-cooking calls in Game 5; Lakers are due for some ref calls to go their way.

Yeah, getting favorable calls in only three out of four games is a fuckin' travesty.

Allanon
05-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah, getting favorable calls in only three out of four games is a fuckin' travesty.

Nuggets have shot more free thows than the Lakers in 3 out of 4 games. sorry to break your bubble.

Overall, Laker Opponents have shot more free throws than the Lakers in 10 out of 16 Playoff games.

But don't let facts get in the way of your hate, carry on.

Rogue
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
The fine will only make more clear the fact that the league is a big scam.

resistanze
05-26-2009, 09:01 PM
$25,000? Damn.

At least he still has the secret recipe.

TheMACHINE
05-26-2009, 09:01 PM

your views must be obstructed.

TheMACHINE
05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
$25,000? Damn.

At least he still has the secret recipe.

he did it pretty calmly too. I would have went ref nutz if i knew i was gonna get fined that much. lol

Spursfan092120
05-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Becky Hammon shooting the finger????

:wow:wow:wow:wow

DDS4
05-26-2009, 09:07 PM
I think total fouls called between the two teams is a difference of 2.

Biggems
05-26-2009, 09:30 PM
I wonder if the league would continue to fine the coaches and players if all of them banded together and complained in unison after every single game.

Maybe if they did so, the NBA and the refs would get the message, take their heads out of their collective asses, and start calling games better.

Ghazi
05-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Nuggets have shot more free thows than the Lakers in 3 out of 4 games. sorry to break your bubble.

Overall, Laker Opponents have shot more free throws than the Lakers in 10 out of 16 Playoff games.

Nuggets averaged more FT's than any team in the league.

Ghazi
05-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I haven't paid close ATTN to detail to the officiating of this series. The only thing that really sticks out is the jump ball violation by JR Smith in game 2 that didn't go called. Lakers woulda had a chance to win that game if it was called correctly.

Biggems
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM

your sig ROCKS

BeeGee
05-26-2009, 11:14 PM

He's done this since day 1No shit, sherlock. That's the coaches job. Great coaches politic the best between the games in the series. It's the reason Phil's one of the best. He can directly affect the way the next game is called. People say he does nothing but sit there with a half-grin on his face. Ok.

jmanu20
05-26-2009, 11:58 PM

The Lakers, with the exception of Kobe, have played like pussies most of the series. And it's debatable whether or not Kobe actually deserved all of the free throw attempts that he received. Nuggets have been much more aggressive. Sorry to break YOUR bubble.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 12:09 AM
The Lakers, with the exception of Kobe, have played like pussies most of the series. And it's debatable whether or not Kobe actually deserved all of the free throw attempts that he received. Nuggets have been much more aggressive. Sorry to break YOUR bubble.

Sorry JManu, but the Lakers have BEEN in the paint all year long. They aren't any different than the regular season Lakers.

Lakers scored more points in the paint than ANY other team in the NBA this year. A team that plays in the paint as much as the Lakers do should get more calls; but they don't. All of a sudden, in the Playoffs (with HCA), teams are shooting more free throws than the Lakers 10 out of 16 games.

You saw it yourself but won't believe it because of bias...Dahntay Jones can openly trip Kobe with absolutely no call. Nene elbows Luke Walton and Luke gets called for the technical. KMart shoves Fisher and Fisher gets the Technical.

To think the Lakers have been "favored" by the Refs in the Playoffs is ridiculous and means you've been LIVING in a bubble.

Jacko
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
The Cavs are CLEARLY favored by the refs.

The Lakers just aren't. They get no home cooking whatsoever, kind of like the Magic.

If you can't see that you really aren't watching these games objectively. The only game in this series that has been reffed evenly was Game 3, and surprise LAL won it.

SnakeBoy
05-27-2009, 12:29 AM
The Lakers just aren't. They get no home cooking whatsoever, kind of like the Magic.

:lol Yeah the league has always favored small market teams over the Lakers. Poor Lakers, always being persecuted by the league.

Jacko
05-27-2009, 12:29 AM
:lol Yeah the league has always favored small market teams over the Lakers. Poor Lakers, always being persecuted by the league.

I'm talking about this post season.

If you want to prove me wrong go ahead.

Obstructed_View
05-27-2009, 12:44 AM

The Lakers are a jump shooting team. Bynum has been invisible and nobody gives the ball to Pau. The Nuggets play inside and go to the rim with the exception of the second half of game three. The fact that the Nuggets have shot more free throws than the Lakers isn't a travesty, the fact that the Nuggets haven't shot WAY more free throws than the Lakers is.

Don't let facts get in the way of your homer blindness.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 12:52 AM
The Lakers are a jump shooting team. Bynum has been invisible and nobody gives the ball to Pau. The Nuggets play inside and go to the rim with the exception of the second half of game three. The fact that the Nuggets have shot more free throws than the Lakers isn't a travesty, the fact that the Nuggets haven't shot WAY more free throws than the Lakers is.

Don't let facts get in the way of your homer blindness.

Hahah, the Nuggets were the 5th most fouling team in the NBA and all of a sudden they've become saints...are you that naive?

Lakers were the team that scored the most points in the paint of ANY team. Dahntay Jones trips Kobe right in front of the ref and gets away with a clean play, eh?

So things have flipped 180 AND the Lakers are "Favored"?? That's some blinders you got there.

10 out of 16 games ain't no lie, there's obviously no favoritism going the Lakers way. Refs have a long way to go just to get even with the Lakers, let's not even talk about favoritism.

No wonder your View is Obstructed, it's all the hate :lol

Obstructed_View
05-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Hahah, the Nuggets were the 5th most fouling team in the NBA and all of a sudden they've become saints...are you that naive?

They fouled plenty when they played the Mavericks. The fact that the Lakers have only been aggressive for about two quarters in the entire series is tied directly to that. It's sad when the Mavericks were actually a more aggressive inside team than the Lakers have been.

Lakers were the team that scored the most points in the paint of ANY team.
Operative term: ScorED. Where's Bynum been? Why has Pau stopped getting shots? Do I need to even mention Odom?

Dahntay Jones trips Kobe right in front of the ref and gets away with a clean play, eh?

A. I never said that, and 2. Don't change the subject.

So things have flipped 180 AND the Lakers are "Favored"?? That's some blinders you got there.

You said yourself that the Lakers aren't getting opportunities, and it's not just this series. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with, I don't know, the team? Admit it: Your fucking precious team thought they had a golden road paved to a championship, and now they're choking it away as usual.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 01:37 AM
They fouled plenty when they played the Mavericks. The fact that the Lakers have only been aggressive for about two quarters in the entire series is tied directly to that. It's sad when the Mavericks were actually a more aggressive inside team than the Lakers have been.

So where's the ref favoritism you are talkng about? If the Lakers are favored as you say, why don't the refs give calls to the Lakers just to favor them? Why even give the Nuggets/Rockets/Jazz more free throws?

Operative term: ScorED. Where's Bynum been? Why has Pau stopped getting shots? Do I need to even mention Odom?

They are all there...just not getting foul calls.

A. I never said that, and 2. Don't change the subject.
So, what do you say?
1) Did Dahntay Jones get away with an in-game flagrant foul on Kobe?
2) Did Nene elbow Luke Walton and Luke end up getting the technical instead?
3) Did K-Mart push Fisher and get away with it while Fish got the technical?

You said yourself that the Lakers aren't getting opportunities, and it's not just this series. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with, I don't know, the team? Admit it: Your fucking precious team thought they had a golden road paved to a championship, and now they're choking it away as usual.

Ain't my precious team. I think they deserved the calls they got or lack thereof.

I find it funny that blind haters like you actually think the Lakers are getting "favored" when they obviously aren't. Can't see beyond the hate to see there ain't no favoritism going on; even though the free throw disparity is evident.

Guys like you always have those crazed "conspiracy theories" of some imagined Lakers favoritism and Stern wet dreams.

Lakers are allegedly getting favored but at the same time, Refs are giving away free throws to their opponenents? Doesn't sound like favoritism to me, more like "hatism". :lol

WAKE THE FUCK UP, there ain't no Laker favoritism, 10 of 16 Playoff games with the Opponents shooting more FTs say so.

spurscenter
05-27-2009, 01:47 AM
lets rephrase it

Kobe gets all the Refs Calls

but then again Kobe = The Lakers

thus when the shit hits the fan Refs side with the Lakeshow (and whatever the tv networks want)

ABC has a Game 7 on Sunday scheduled. It will happen because ABC needs the ad revenue.

YellowFever
05-27-2009, 03:00 AM
In all honestly, not trying to favor anyone, do you guys realize just how hard it is to call an NBA game?

Quite honestly, I approach it from the angle of "damn, how did they get that call right in real time when I barely saw it in slow motion replay."

Yeah the refs are going to screw up and more the game is physical, the more they're going to mess up but you can not expect perfection.

If every foul is called, we'd die or boredom watching an nba game and if calls are overlooked enough, you're going to get brawls out on the court.

Sad to say but this is about as best as we can expect.

lefty
05-27-2009, 10:01 AM

Actually, I have noticed that pattern

Jackson knew what he was doing; he's good at putting pressure on referees

NugzFan
05-27-2009, 12:29 PM

sorry but thats not due to the refs. i love when fans try to justify the refs by looking at fta. :lol

nuggets have shot more fts than any other team in entire nba.

try again.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 12:32 PM
sorry but thats not due to the refs. i love when fans try to justify the refs by looking at fta. :lol

How are fta not due to the refs? I love when posters don't give reasons.

nuggets have shot more fts than any other team in entire nba.

try again.

Nuggz are the 5th most fouling team in the entire NBA.

Try again.

NugzFan
05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
How are fta not due to the refs? I love when posters don't give reasons.

the refs call it because we attack 100 times more than the lakers.

Nuggz are the 5th most fouling team in the entire NBA.

Try again.

thats why the fouls are basically even. we get more fta because thats the type of team we are...nothing has changed on either front. we are still fouling a lot and getting a lot of fta.

that was easy. let me know when you are ready to not be dumb.

BlackBellamy
05-27-2009, 01:29 PM

Do you Lakers fans really want your coach (and therefore your team) to look like such an entitled cry-baby? I know you guys like the Hollywood drama, but really, blame the refs first? How about 3/4 of your team just plays better? Does that sound like a better recipe for success than attempting to cook up some fouls on your home floor or what?

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Do you Lakers fans really want your coach (and therefore your team) to look like such an entitled cry-baby? I know you guys like the Hollywood drama, but really, blame the refs first? How about 3/4 of your team just plays better? Does that sound like a better recipe for success than attempting to cook up some fouls on your home floor or what?

because as years pass on, no one cares to remember about the whining..they just remember 9 rings.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Why exactly do all Laker fans automatically assume that if a team shoots more free throws than the Lakers it's because the refs fucked up?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 03:51 PM
During the regular season:

LA attempted 2087 free throws
Denver attempted 2487 free throws

During the Denver LA playoff series:

LA has attempted 149 free throws
Denver has attempted 152 free throws

Allanon is right!!! Denver is obviously getting the better end of the stick from the refs. They have shot a humongous 152 free throws while LA has shot a microscopic 149 free throws. That 3 free throw difference is enough evidence to fire any ref involved in the series. Even though Denver shot 400 more free throws during the regular season, there's no way they should have that monstrous 3 free throw difference through four games.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
let me know when you are ready to not be dumb.

telling Allanon to let you know when he's not ready to be dumb is like telling the sky to let you know when it's ready to turn green.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 04:37 PM
the refs call it because we attack 100 times more than the lakers.

Proof? Lakers scored the most points in the paint this year.

thats why the fouls are basically even. we get more fta because thats the type of team we are...nothing has changed on either front. we are still fouling a lot and getting a lot of fta.

that was easy. let me know when you are ready to not be dumb.

Again, no proof, just talking out of your ass again. Nothing new from nuggetfan.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
During the regular season:

LA attempted 2087 free throws
Denver attempted 2487 free throws

During the Denver LA playoff series:

LA has attempted 149 free throws
Denver has attempted 152 free throws

Allanon is right!!! Denver is obviously getting the better end of the stick from the refs. They have shot a humongous 152 free throws while LA has shot a microscopic 149 free throws. That 3 free throw difference is enough evidence to fire any ref involved in the series. Even though Denver shot 400 more free throws during the regular season, there's no way they should have that monstrous 3 free throw difference through four games.

Do you even watch the NBA or just the Cards?

Sorry to burst your bubble but Free throw attempts aren't cumulative, they don't help you in multiple games. This is the NBA, not a progressive slot machine. :lol

Denver has shot more free throws than the Lakers in 3 out of 4 games.

Imposter Cleaner
05-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Proof? Lakers scored the most points in the paint this year.

Again, no proof, just talking out of your ass again. Nothing new from nuggetfan.
you are an idiot. :idiot But for the officiating help, the Lakers would have been killed by Rockets in the previous round.

Rogue
05-27-2009, 04:42 PM
you are an idiot. :idiot But for the officiating help, the Lakers would have been killed by Rockets in the previous round.
LMAO, the Rockets would never kill Lakers even if they had got Lebron.

Allanon

Hahah, sure it was Rogue.

Imposter Cleaner
LMAO, the Rockets would never kill Lakers even if they had got Lebron.
nope, but Durant would make it different.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 04:43 PM
nope, but Durant would make it different.

Why are you talking to yourself Rogue?

Rogue
05-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Hahah, sure it was Rogue.
you are an idiot too, or you just neglected that dude also called me idiot.

RedsLakers24
05-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Why exactly do all Laker fans automatically assume that if a team shoots more free throws than the Lakers it's because the refs fucked up?

The same reason you think that when the Lakers shoot more FT means the NBA is Fix

Imposter Cleaner
05-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Allanon and Rogue are both idiots.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 04:47 PM

Rogue and Imposter Cleaner are the same idiotic people.

Rogue
05-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Allanon y IC son dos piezas de mierda.

Imposter Cleaner
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
The same reason you think that when the Lakers shoot more FT means the NBA is Fix
So are you fool, you, Rogue and Allanon are tripple idiots.

Rogue
05-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Rogue and Imposter Cleaner are the same idiotic people.
Haven't you noticed IC is also online right now? You should have used you ass to think how one person can be online at the same time under two individual names.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Haven't you noticed IC is also online right now? You should have used you ass to think how can one person be online at the same time under two individual names.

I can see the exact same bad English in both your postings.

I'll let you argue with yourself here, oops I mean "Imposter Cleaner". :lol

Rogue
05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
I can see the exact same bad English in both your postings.

I'll let you argue with yourself here, oops I mean "Imposter Cleaner". :lol
I'm a foreigner, which is an ideal excuse for me to speak bad english. While IC doesn't have any excuse to suck at speaking but that he is also an idiot like you.

Imposter Cleaner
05-27-2009, 05:06 PM
conclusion: Allanon is an idiot, so is Rogue. :idiot :idiot

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 06:40 PM

Show me where I said the NBA is fixed.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Denver has shot more free throws than the Lakers in 3 out of 4 games.

So that automatically means Denver has gotten help from the refs even though they shot 400 more free throws during the regular season you fuckin brain dead retard?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm beginning to think Allanon is like SD and Rogue where all of his posts are meant to be jokes.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-27-2009, 07:36 PM
The Lakers will get a flurry of bull shit calls in the most crucial points of the game: To start the game, early in the 1st, and to end it, late in the 4th.

My bet is most of the bull shit will go down early. Like two quick fouls on Kenyon, or Nene. That way, the rest of hte game is called evenly, noone can point to a free throw discrepancy, and the game is basically over before it starts with quick bull shit most watchers will forget by the end of regulation.
It happens every time.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 07:43 PM
So that automatically means Denver has gotten help from the refs even though they shot 400 more free throws during the regular season you fuckin brain dead retard?

I never said the Nuggets got help from the Refs, learn to read.

NRHector
05-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I'll see if the calls are made differently tomorrow.well you saw the game, what do you think now?