PDA

View Full Version : Report: Tests Show Jailed Woman Was Pregnant (Nowitzki Case)

duncan228
05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Updated.

Report: Tests show jailed woman was pregnant (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txnowitzkiwomanarreste&prov=st&type=lgns)

A woman who said she was carrying Dallas Mavericks’ star Dirk Nowitzki’s child was pregnant after she was booked into the Dallas County jail on May 6, according to a newspaper report.

The Dallas Morning News reported Tuesday that medical records it obtained from the Dallas County jail and Parkland Hospital showed 37-year-old Crista Ann Taylor was administered the pregnancy test and the result was positive. The tests do not determine paternity.

Taylor signed a release form Friday during a jailhouse interview in Beaumont giving the newspaper access to the records.

Taylor has said that Nowitzki was her fiance and that she learned she was pregnant after she was arrested at his house on a probation violation and theft of services warrants.

A call seeking comment by The Associated Press to Nowitzki’s attorney was not immediately returned Tuesday evening. Dallas Mavericks’ spokeswoman Sarah Melton said she had no comment.

Robert Hart, Nowitzki’s lawyer, had said in a statement released to ESPN.com on Thursday, “If in the remote instance there is any validity to this woman’s claim of pregnancy, Dirk will do whatever can be done to ensure the well being of the child.”

After Taylor’s arrest May 6, a woman identifying herself as Taylor’s best friend was telling media outlets that Taylor was pregnant with Nowitzki’s baby. That, Hart’s statement said, raised questions about the claim Taylor learned she was pregnant at the jail.

“In fact, we found it strange that a friend of hers was at Dirk’s house right after the arrest telling anyone who would listen that she was pregnant,” Hart’s statement said. “As with all things coming from this woman’s mouth, we are highly skeptical.”

Taylor told the newspaper that she’d lived with Nowitzki for the last two years.

The News reported Taylor did not know it planned to bring medical release forms to the jailhouse interview. But shortly after entering the glass-divided visitation booth, Taylor saw that the reporter brought a folder.

“Are those release forms?” she asked. “May I please sign them right now?”

The forms were passed to a jailer and Taylor filled them out and signed the forms. The jailer signed one of the forms as a witness.

“I can’t wait until you get those results,” she said. “I know they won’t lie. Can you hurry up and get them?”

She was indicted in September 2006 on a theft of services charge for failing to pay a Beaumont dentist for dental work ranging from $1,500 to $20,000 she received in 2004. She has $50,000 bond set on the theft of services charge, but was also arrested for a probation violation out of St. Charles County, Mo., and is being held without bond on that charge.

If convicted of the theft of services charge, a state jail felony, Taylor could be sentenced to prison for up to two years.

Her arraignment is now scheduled for June 8.

Allanon
05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
This story is getting more and more bizarre...wonder how it's going to all shake out.

Double-Up
05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Yea was on the news here too again, I'll post the video link in a bit.

timvp
05-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Nowitzki has his seed on lockdown.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SmVMfqH-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'm locked up, they won't let me out, no, they won't let me out.

Bukefal
05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
I feel sorry for Dirk and for the child when born, if it is really his.

Borosai
05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Yikes.

Findog
05-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Mavs off-season priorities:

1) resign Jason Kidd, in the likely event no other team wants to salary dump us a great young PG
2) resign Brandon Bass
3) work the phones round the clock in order to turn Dampier and Stackhouse's expiring contracts into a legit big
4) use the MLE to shore up some scoring at the SG position
5) stage Cristal Taylor's death as a suicide.

duncan228
05-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Article updated in first post.

Ghazi
05-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Mavs off-season priorities:

1) resign Jason Kidd, in the likely event no other team wants to salary dump us a great young PG
2) resign Brandon Bass
3) work the phones round the clock in order to turn Dampier and Stackhouse's expiring contracts into a legit big
4) use the MLE to shore up some scoring at the SG position
5) stage Cristal Taylor's death as a suicide.

:lol :lol

Shank
05-26-2009, 09:21 PM
This is why I only do anal. No babies. Only the occasional shitty runoff and some crying.

By me.

wuss cones
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
This is why I only do anal. No babies. Only the occasional shitty runoff and some crying.

By me.
Spurstalk's first gay poster ? :lol

Shank
05-26-2009, 09:46 PM

SpursDynasty owns that distinction.

DPG21920
05-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Man this sucks for Dirk. I hope the kid is not his. But if it is, how hard for him that this woman has to be in his life for ever now. I hope the kid is treated with love and care by Dirk and not looked at with spite by either parent.

Findog
05-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, there's still a chance this baby isn't his. But yeah, man oh man, does it suck to have to raise a kid with a crazy person?

Trainwreck2100
05-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Man this sucks for Dirk. I hope the kid is not his. But if it is, how hard for him that this woman has to be in his life for ever now. I hope the kid is treated with love and care by Dirk and not looked at with spite by either parent.

there's no way he doesnt get full custody

DPG21920
05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah, there's still a chance this baby isn't his. But yeah, man oh man, does it suck to have to raise a kid with a crazy person?

Sucks. I have no kids, but my brother has a kid with his ex and it is really hard. Sometimes people on both sides are just unreasonable.

DPG21920
05-26-2009, 09:58 PM
there's no way he doesnt get full custody

Does he want it? I would not be so sure, even with her record that she would not have access to the child. It takes a lot to give a dad full custody.

It would be hard to go from a NBA superstar who is single to being a single dad.

Indazone
05-26-2009, 10:04 PM
He needs a new start in life. Like a trade. T-Mac for Dirk :D

ploto
05-26-2009, 11:04 PM
It takes a lot to give a dad full custody.

I would think mom in jail would do it.

It would be hard to go from a NBA superstar who is single to being a single dad.

He has plenty of resources to pay someone to help him raise this child if it comes to that. Not like the life of most single parents out there. He can have all the nannies he wants.

Unfortunately for Dirk, I would not be surprised at all if she is pregnant and the baby is his. If she had any inkling that he was onto her, she would do like most of them do and get pregnant.

lefty
05-26-2009, 11:14 PM
This is what the kid will look like as he grows up; I'm sure the father lives somewhere in L.A

http://hueyandearl.com/whatupson/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/white-kobe.jpg

Rogue
05-26-2009, 11:22 PM
He needs a new start in life. Like a trade. T-Mac for Dirk :D
I would trade 1.3 billion pieces of shit for T-Mac, Dirk is worth much more than T-Mac and Yao even combined. The only way to lose Dirk: Dirk for Lebron + Hickson + Mo.

loveforthegame
05-26-2009, 11:25 PM
I feel sorry for Dirk. I'm sure he'll do what's right but what a mess he's found himself in.

I figured she had to be pregnant because she would gain nothing by lying when tests could prove it or not. The question remains whether it's Dirk's or not at this point. But since she's a schemer it wouldn't surprise me if she planned for this.

poop
05-27-2009, 12:07 AM

By me.

just make sure Ghazi enemas first next time, problem solved.

BRHornet45
05-27-2009, 12:13 AM

son MannyisGod took this title years ago.

lefty
05-28-2009, 12:44 PM
This is what the kid will look like as he grows up; I'm sure the father lives somewhere in L.A

http://hueyandearl.com/whatupson/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/white-kobe.jpg

This

urunobili
05-28-2009, 12:50 PM
vBookie on the chances the baby is not his? :stirpot:

DPG21920
05-28-2009, 01:58 PM
I would think mom in jail would do it.

He has plenty of resources to pay someone to help him raise this child if it comes to that. Not like the life of most single parents out there. He can have all the nannies he wants.

Unfortunately for Dirk, I would not be surprised at all if she is pregnant and the baby is his. If she had any inkling that he was onto her, she would do like most of them do and get pregnant.

Is she going to be in jail for life? IF she does time, she will still have access to the child when she gets out more than likely.

Having resources to help you raise your kid does not mean it will not drastically change his life. Even if you have nannies, you are still the parent, and if the mom is in jail, you are the only parent and you are responsible for anything that happens to that child.

Sure, you could be a terrible parent and let nannies do everything, but then why have a kid? If he does not want to do it, he could put the kid up for adoption, but we all know how the media would deal with that.

wuss cones
05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Free Dirk Stackhouse, Jr!

IronMexican
05-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Dirk gownnna be a daddeh

ploto
05-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Is she going to be in jail for life? IF she does time, she will still have access to the child when she gets out more than likely.

Having resources to help you raise your kid does not mean it will not drastically change his life. Even if you have nannies, you are still the parent, and if the mom is in jail, you are the only parent and you are responsible for anything that happens to that child.

Dirk can afford a live-in person to care for his child when he goes on the road for NBA games. Most single parents can not. That is my point. Of course his life will change, but any man having sex is risking becoming a dad. He surely knows all the baby daddies in the NBA.

baseline bum
05-28-2009, 03:06 PM

By me.

Doesn't that hurt you? I thought that was more a Laker fan thing.

leemajors
05-28-2009, 04:52 PM

By me.

it's nice to see you learned what ODB did, but without the multiple kids first.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-28-2009, 05:01 PM
man, I fucking hate bitches like that. She's not crazy, she's fucking evil. To get herself pregnant on purpose to cash in on his fame and money... yeah, there's a special place in hell for whores like this one. I hope she gets fucking run over.

Sportstudi
05-28-2009, 05:32 PM

If it's his child, he should try to get custody. I'm quite sure he can get it, if you take Taylor's record into consideration.

Sportstudi
05-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I feel sorry for Dirk. I'm sure he'll do what's right but what a mess he's found himself in.

I figured she had to be pregnant because she would gain nothing by lying when tests could prove it or not. The question remains whether it's Dirk's or not at this point. But since she's a schemer it wouldn't surprise me if she planned for this.

Me neither...

Well, but if it's his, we all can wait now 20 years until he (if it's a boy) is eligible for the draft... (just kiddin')

Indazone
05-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Yea was on the news here too again, I'll post the video link in a bit.

Damn could you change your sig. I"m getting sick of looking at Pippie Longstocking.

Double-Up
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Damn could you change your sig. I"m getting sick of looking at Pippie Longstocking.

Maybe you'd rather look at her in my sig? :lol

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/PICTURES/sport/2009/05/2009-05-14-dirk-nowitzki-cristal-taylor-dallas/taylor-cristal-12212755-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height= 349.jpg