PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy is crazy

LnGrrrR
05-26-2009, 09:42 PM
So, my wife is about halfway through her pregnancy, but it seems like every month I'm amazed by some crazy transformation she goes through.

At first, she's sick nearly all the time. Then she develops a superhero-like ability to smell different scents.

And today, I was like, "What the heck is that dark line growing along your belly?" To which she responded, Oh, that's normal. Curious, I went online to read about it. It's called the linea negra.

Having a pregnant woman in my house is like having a lab experiment that goes on for 9 months.

I assume the kid will be the same way, except for 18 years. :D

Cant_Be_Faded
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM
The smelling improvement thing is a common phenomena.

IronMexican
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I've known someone who was pregnant.

spursfan09
05-26-2009, 09:45 PM
:lol

Congrats!!! I bet pregnancy is amazing!

pawe
05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Any crazy foods she's craving right now? When my wife was pregnant, she was craving blue mangoes (no such thing), i almost gave her blue tinted contacts out of desperation just so i can satisfy her cravings for blue mangoes.

*one more weird thing was she was also hungry for charcoal and wood shavings from apple boxes.

PuttPutt
05-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Minus the "linea negra", I'm going through the same thing. Our boy is due in the middle of Sept. Your wife very moody, LnGrrrR?

Vinnie_Johnson
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
So, my wife is about halfway through her pregnancy, but it seems like every month I'm amazed by some crazy transformation she goes through.

At first, she's sick nearly all the time. Then she develops a superhero-like ability to smell different scents.

And today, I was like, "What the heck is that dark line growing along your belly?" To which she responded, Oh, that's normal. Curious, I went online to read about it. It's called the linea negra.

Having a pregnant woman in my house is like having a lab experiment that goes on for 9 months.

Oh you are about to embark on a strange journey.

Frenzy
05-26-2009, 11:37 PM
oh just wait till she has it...she's gonna blame...one person......you!

"ahhh...you did this to me!.."

Rogue
05-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Minus the "linea negra", I'm going through the same thing. Our boy is due in the middle of Sept. Your wife very moody, LnGrrrR?
then you should spend less time at computer, the radiation is harmful to the baby IMHO.

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2009, 11:54 PM
ur going tobe like most males, changing diapers and shit for a period of time untill you get fkn bored of it, as its a hassle and you do everything to push the kid to the mother to get her to change the diapers....

i fkn hate it thats why i sleep-in most of the time to avoid bathing the kid or changing the diapers....

Vinnie_Johnson
05-26-2009, 11:58 PM
ur going tobe like most males, changing diapers and shit for a period of time untill you get fkn bored of it, as its a hassle and you do everything to push the kid to the mother to get her to change the diapers....

i fkn hate it thats why i sleep-in most of the time to avoid bathing the kid or changing the diapers....

Father of the Year.:lol

Summers
05-27-2009, 08:35 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming baby! :) The middle trimester is the best. Toward the end she's going to start feeling really heavy and tired and out of breath. She won't be able to sleep well so she'll be grumpy and she'll start staying up til 2 AM cleaning the floor under the fridge (or maybe that was just me). I was also really horny my entire pregnancy, both times, so there's some benefit for you. :)

desflood
05-27-2009, 08:45 AM
This is acceptable. However, do not say a word about stretchmarks. Never. Under any circumstances. Trust me :lol

LnGrrrR
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
The smelling improvement thing is a common phenomena.

Yeah, but it's weird to live with someone that experiences it, and all of a sudden she won't kiss you because you're wearing cologne and it makes them sick... even though it's her favorite cologne :D

LnGrrrR
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM

Yeah but she's Hispanic. So she's just MORE moody than normal :D

She is very up and down though. My wife's due Oct 21st.

LnGrrrR
05-27-2009, 08:50 AM
This is acceptable. However, do not say a word about stretchmarks. Never. Under any circumstances. Trust me :lol

:lol We've got cream! I hope to goodness that they disappear, or she'll blame me forever.

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 09:06 AM
:lol We've got cream! I hope to goodness that they disappear, or she'll blame me forever.They'll never go away completely. Cream your ass off because its just going to get worse from here and pray that things become less disgusting as you get older.

Don't let her milk you for all the energy you've got. Tell her to get back to work until the contractions are 5 minutes apart.

mrsmaalox
05-27-2009, 09:19 AM
:lol We've got cream! I hope to goodness that they disappear, or she'll blame me forever.

No she won't. Once a woman goes thru a pregnancy, labor, and delivery most of the modesty and vanity disappear!! She'll get attitude though. Stretchmarks are battle scars and if you don't like em, she'll find plenty of things she's not too crazy about on you too! :lol

lebomb
05-27-2009, 09:23 AM
They'll never go away completely. Cream your ass off because its just going to get worse from here and pray that things become less disgusting as you get older.

I knew the girl back in the day that had 3 kids, and I challenge anyone to find a single stretch mark on her. It was amazing.............she could wear string bikinis in the summer. I guess her skin was able to stretch and go back into place.

Blake
05-27-2009, 09:23 AM
we had to stay away from our favorite Chinese restaurant for 9 months because she couldnt stand the smell of Chinese food.

that was not a fun time.

Blake
05-27-2009, 09:24 AM
I knew the girl back in the day that had 3 kids, and I challenge anyone to find a single stretch mark on her. It was amazing.............she could wear string bikinis in the summer. I guess her skin was able to stretch and go back into place.

those kids must have been small

Bukefal
05-27-2009, 09:49 AM

loll :lol I hope you still enjoy it. I cant wait to be in your position, cant wait for my fiance to get pregnant. Would be very cool, even though i think it can be scary sometimes, its all part of it.

:toast toast to you and you future child.

easjer
05-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Believe me, it's not always a lot of fun on this end either. Morning sickness is totally kicking my ass. And unlike a pp, I am not horny at all, and still far too concerned about another possible miscarriage (though everything is great so far and we saw a heartbeat a week ago) to be interested in sex. Of course, I'm also not certain SFIE has recovered from the utter marathon that produced this pregnancy, so maybe it's not all bad.

lebomb
05-27-2009, 09:55 AM

Actually her first two were twins!!!! :wow

ploto
05-27-2009, 10:21 AM
I have no stretch marks from when I was pregannt, but I never got very big at all. My back hurt like hell, though.

easjer
05-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Stretch marks pretty much come down to genetics. Some women don't get them. Most do. And there is nothing you can do to prevent them. If you don't gain a lot of excess weight, then they will likely shrink and fade until they are barely noticeable. But it takes awhile.

I. Hustle
05-27-2009, 10:46 AM

If he ends up being born on the 12th my daughter will be exactly one year older than him

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Stretch marks pretty much come down to genetics. Some women don't get them. Most do. And there is nothing you can do to prevent them. If you don't gain a lot of excess weight, then they will likely shrink and fade until they are barely noticeable. But it takes awhile.Exactly. I've also noticed that the younger and more fit the person is the less likelihood of seeing stretch marks. My wife was young when she had the girls and when she had our boy she got a few very narrow hardly noticeable marks. I thanked the baby jesus a million times because I wasn't looking forward to fucking a Freddy Krueger victim for the rest of my life.

manufan10
05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Congrats to you and your wife. Here's to a healthy baby! :toast

lebomb
05-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Stretch marks come down to how pliable your skin is. Some peoples skin stretches a lot, others the skin reaches its breaking point (for lack of a better term) and leaves the marks.

desflood
05-27-2009, 11:20 AM
because I wasn't looking forward to fucking a Freddy Krueger victim for the rest of my life.
Even if you are joking, that's a shitty thing to say.

lebomb
05-27-2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.allaboutstretchmarks.com/

For those who are interested. :baby

Bukefal
05-27-2009, 11:23 AM
I thanked the baby jesus a million times because I wasn't looking forward to fucking a Freddy Krueger victim for the rest of my life.

:wow Its your wife you are talking about man!

ploto
05-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Exactly. I've also noticed that the younger and more fit the person is the less likelihood of seeing stretch marks.

I exercised 30 minutes per day 6 days per week even on the day my child was born.

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Even if you are joking, that's a shitty thing to say.

The truth hurts. Every man thinks this. I'm just willing to actually acknowledge it whereas most people pretend it doesn't matter.

:wow Its your wife you are talking about man!

See above.

desflood
05-27-2009, 11:46 AM
The truth hurts. Every man thinks this. I'm just willing to actually acknowledge it whereas most people pretend it doesn't matter.
Right, that's the point. It hurts. Do you really feel the compulsion to inflict needless pain? As to your other point, of course it matters. It matters even more when you're the one it happens to.

Bukefal
05-27-2009, 11:49 AM

See above.

Ok, I see. But speak for yourself then, not every man thinks that. There are actually men who dont think it matter and love their woman even if she has stretch marks. Hard to believe ay?

easjer
05-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Well, given that my husband was willing to fuck me with all the million stretch marks I have, I'd wager he really doesn't care, or he just shuts his eyes and pictures someone way hotter. Whatever.

I honestly am not able to exercise right now. The nausea gets worse if I move around a lot. I'm grateful for the reassurance, but eager for the end of first tri, because this really sort of sucks.

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Right, that's the point. It hurts. Do you really feel the compulsion to inflict needless pain? As to your other point, of course it matters. It matters even more when you're the one it happens to.I'm not intentionally inflicting pain. The poster had some questions and/or was uncertain about things. Showed a concern by lubing her up daily. I commented and pertinently I might add.

Ok, I see. But speak for yourself then, not every man thinks that. There are actually men who dont think it matter and love their woman even if she has stretch marks. Hard to believe ay?I never said it mattered. I never said I wouldn't love my wife or bang the crap out of her stretch marks or not. No one likes stretch marks.....why can't it just be as simple as that.

You people will fucking overreact to everything.

mrsmaalox
05-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Men get stretch marks too. Not too many fat guys don't have them. And being as I've fucked a few fat guys, I guess it just doesn't matter to me. At least while it was happening, stretch marks were the last thing on my mind :)

mrose31
05-27-2009, 12:59 PM
My wife is pregnant too. I can't wait in 2 weeks we will find out the sex. This will be our second and last child. My wife is not one of those pregnant women who loves it, in fact she hates it very moody and tired and not horny. Although this pregnancy I think I did get a little raped one night. Which you think would be good thing except she just got the urge real early in the morning she got hers and just teased me cause I was barely awake. :depressed:sleep

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Men get stretch marks too. Not too many fat guys don't have them. And being as I've fucked a few fat guys, I guess it just doesn't matter to me. At least while it was happening, stretch marks were the last thing on my mind :)Chubby chaser.

mrose31
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh don't worry about the chaning diapers thing, not a big deal at all when it is your own child. Although their was a couple of times I pretended to be asleep so I could avoid changing her because I was so tired. We usually just took shifts though I am night person and don't need much sleep so I took care of baby from 9pm-2am if it was after that my wife took care of it.

mrsmaalox
05-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Chubby chaser.

:lol

LnGrrrR
05-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Well, given that my husband was willing to fuck me with all the million stretch marks I have, I'd wager he really doesn't care, or he just shuts his eyes and pictures someone way hotter. Whatever.

I honestly am not able to exercise right now. The nausea gets worse if I move around a lot. I'm grateful for the reassurance, but eager for the end of first tri, because this really sort of sucks.

My wife had REALLY bad nausea the first trimester. She's still tired in the second, but not nausea at least.

LnGrrrR
05-27-2009, 01:46 PM
My wife is pregnant too. I can't wait in 2 weeks we will find out the sex. This will be our second and last child. My wife is not one of those pregnant women who loves it, in fact she hates it very moody and tired and not horny. Although this pregnancy I think I did get a little raped one night. Which you think would be good thing except she just got the urge real early in the morning she got hers and just teased me cause I was barely awake. :depressed:sleep

When's the due date? We find out the sex next Wednesday.

ploto
05-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Bad news for some of you- morning sickness does not always go away after the first tri-mester. Someone I know had it every day- even the day the baby was born. :depressed

easjer
05-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh, I know, I've had friends with hyperemesis. But I have to think positively that it will end, or I'll just sob into the toilet the next time I vomit. It's not the worst thing ever, I know women who are throwing up more, but I have a really hard time coping with nausea/vomiting anyway. Yesterday was so bad I stayed home from work.

But I'm really grateful that everything seems to be going well, and I even appreciate the m/s (when I'm not throwing up) because it was already fading by this point with Chickadee. It's no guarantee that things are still ok, but our odds are really good at this point, so it's reassuring. I'll still feel better once we hear a heartbeat on doppler though. I've been a mess for most of the last month.

easjer
05-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh and it doesn't help that I have to eat to feel less sick, but the nausea makes me not want to eat and then there are the food aversions (pretty much all vegetables, most fruits, dairy . . . the only thing that I can remotely stomach is starchy crap and protein) and the smells that turn me off what I'm about to eat . . .

All I can say is my husband has the patience of a saint.

pkbpkb81
05-27-2009, 02:23 PM
5 years ago when my wife was oregent she dident like the smell of pizza souce so to this day we have to order one pizza with no souce lol

mrsmaalox
05-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Bad news for some of you- morning sickness does not always go away after the first tri-mester. Someone I know had it every day- even the day the baby was born. :depressed

Oh yea. I puked every day from day one to delivery day with my pregnancies.

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Some of you women just need to rub some fucking dirt on it and quit being so god damn high maintenance. I think my wife might have bitched twice during the entire nine months. Never threw up and didn't scream during delivery. Toughen up.

mrsmaalox
05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Some of you women just need to rub some fucking dirt on it and quit being so god damn high maintenance. I think my wife might have bitched twice during the entire nine months. Never threw up and didn't scream during delivery. Toughen up.

In spite of throwing up---I have never felt as good as I did when pregnant. And I don't have visible stretch marks; they are well hidden under the 3 hideous surgical scars on my belly :D

easjer
05-27-2009, 03:13 PM
OK, sure thing, B2B. I'll get right on that for you.

mrose31
05-27-2009, 03:28 PM
When's the due date? We find out the sex next Wednesday.

October 21 is due date. I hope its a boy because this will be our last and I would like to experience having son and a daughter. Plus it might be nice for my wife to have a mammas boy since my daughter is such a daddys girl at least she is as of now.

LnGrrrR
05-27-2009, 04:30 PM
October 21 is due date. I hope its a boy because this will be our last and I would like to experience having son and a daughter. Plus it might be nice for my wife to have a mammas boy since my daughter is such a daddys girl at least she is as of now.

Ha! Your baby's due date is the same as ours! Small world... I love the birthday paradox. Didn't realize it applied to the unborn though. :D

mrose31
05-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Ha! Your baby's due date is the same as ours! Small world... I love the birthday paradox. Didn't realize it applied to the unborn though. :D

Really thats funny you have same due date. Funny thing is the first time we tried to have a child we tried for 3 years and had no luck and one misscarriage and when we gave up trying she got pregnant. This time she was just off pill for 2 months.

Well congrats hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

Summers
05-27-2009, 05:21 PM

Maybe it's because when she shows weakness you tell her to rub dirt on it, Mr In-Touch-With-His-Feelings?

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2009, 05:54 PM
chloroform it next time....

2Blonde
05-27-2009, 11:14 PM

I lucked out. I was 30 years old, gained 50+ pounds on a 5'4" frame, popped out a 6lb 14oz girl who was 4 weeks premature and did not end up with stretch marks.

Oh yea. I puked every day from day one to delivery day with my pregnancies.

I absolutely HATED being pregnant. I was like Maalox, puked the whole pregnancy. I hated the weight gain, the aches & pains, the nausea/vomiting combo and the man I was married to.
As for labor, piece of fucking cake! Labor is the easy part because you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel (pun intended). Pregnancy feels like it goes on for freaking ever! I will take 24-36 hours of labor anyday over 8-9 months of being pregnant.
One day someone asked if labor was as bad as I thought it would be. My ex-husband started answering with some BS explanation about how difficult it was so I stopped him cold and said "Did I scream & cry or bitch & moan during labor?". His response "Uhh...No". Me "Did I scream & cry or bitch moan throughout my entire pregnancy?". Him "Yeah". Me "Okay then, which do you think was worse?"

Now B2B if we did that we wouldn't be blessed with your presence in here. No ones stirs it up in here like you do. :lol Keep it up, you're doing a great job getting them pissed of tonight.:toast

mrsmaalox
05-28-2009, 12:04 AM
I lucked out. I was 30 years old, gained 50+ pounds on a 5'4" frame, popped out a 6lb 14oz girl who was 4 weeks premature and did not end up with stretch marks.

Almost 7 lbs and 4 weeks early?? Woman, you must be thankful she didn't go the whole time!! Don't they gain like half pound/week the last month?

Summers
05-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Now B2B if we did that we wouldn't be blessed with your presence in here. No ones stirs it up in here like you do. :lol Keep it up, you're doing a great job getting them pissed of tonight.:toast[/B][/CENTER]

:lmao It hadn't even occured to me how ironic it was that B2B, the bitchiest man on this board, was telling women to stop complaining about being pregnant.

I, myself, truly enjoyed being pregnant. I loved being able to feel my baby move inside me. I felt beautiful. I had no problems at all with either pregnancy. I was really lucky. If I'd been younger, I would've liked to have had a couple more, but I didn't want to push my luck.

JoeChalupa
05-28-2009, 08:47 AM
My wife never looked more beautiful than when she was pregnant. She said she loved being pregnant but two was enough.

Best wishes!!!

JoeChalupa
05-28-2009, 08:49 AM
:lmao It hadn't even occured to me how ironic it was that B2B, the bitchiest man on this board, was telling women to stop complaining about being pregnant.

I, myself, truly enjoyed being pregnant. I loved being able to feel my baby move inside me. I felt beautiful. I had no problems at all with either pregnancy. I was really lucky. If I'd been younger, I would've liked to have had a couple more, but I didn't want to push my luck.

:lmao at the bitchiest man on this board.

BacktoBasics
05-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Some of you guys confuse opinions and my ability to point out the obvious as bitchy.

No doubt I bitch though.

lebomb
05-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Funny thing is the first time we tried to have a child we tried for 3 years and had no luck and one misscarriage and when we gave up trying she got pregnant. This time she was just off pill for 2 months.

After my wife was on the pill for 5yrs we decided to have a child ..................she got off the pill the day of our discussion decision. She walked into the kitchen and threw the pill pack into the garbage can. We tried a pregnancy test 3 weeks later and the damn thing almost exploded in her hand. Went to the doctor the following monday and she was indeed pregnant. Where is my cape? :hat

easjer
05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
I will love pregnancy much more when I am assured we will have a child. I don't love it so much right now when I'm dry heaving over the trash can in my office and still calculating the risks of miscarriage.

Hopefully in a few weeks, I can talk about how great it is.

JoeChalupa
05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
My wife had those sticks in her arm and after she removed them she got pregnant right away. My boys can swim baby!!!

LnGrrrR
05-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I will love pregnancy much more when I am assured we will have a child. I don't love it so much right now when I'm dry heaving over the trash can in my office and still calculating the risks of miscarriage.

My wife is worried about that as well, but we're almost at five months, so her fear is subsiding bit by bit.

BacktoBasics
05-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Those kinds of fears almost never go away.

I started off worrying about miscarriage. (we had already had one)

Then I worried about that infant death syndrome thing and would typically wake up 5 or 6 times a night to make sure he was breathing and all was well.

Now I worry about him knocking himself out cold when does headers off the furniture and bed. He manages to turn just about anything into a weapon or projectile.

JoeChalupa
05-28-2009, 11:27 AM
I still look in on my kids when I get up in the middle of the night.

duncan228
05-28-2009, 11:43 AM

I'm happy for you and SFIE easjer, I know you've had a rough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your growing family. I wish you all the best.

easjer
05-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Those kinds of fears almost never go away.

I started off worrying about miscarriage. (we had already had one)

Then I worried about that infant death syndrome thing and would typically wake up 5 or 6 times a night to make sure he was breathing and all was well.

Now I worry about him knocking himself out cold when does headers off the furniture and bed. He manages to turn just about anything into a weapon or projectile.

The fear is a little better than before the u/s, but I tend to think you are right. We're already technically ahead of the last two pregnancies (missed m/c and ectopic) in that it's in the uterus and we saw a h/b. But I just can't relax yet. I think hearing the h/b on doppler will help some, but in the end, it'll likely just get replaced with other worries.

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2009, 04:29 PM
[CENTER]

still a yummy mummy right? :D:D

pregnancy is funny, if ur a guy and you walk into the maternity room, and you see the doctor who could be a young lad (younger than you, intern or some recent graduate)....then you question umm he going to see ur wifes vajayjay.....then you talk to the chap, and ask him how many he did today.....then ur sitting there thinkn damn, i shouldve been a doctor instead....

BWS-1994
05-29-2009, 07:40 AM
still a yummy mummy right? :D:D

pregnancy is funny, if ur a guy and you walk into the maternity room, and you see the doctor who could be a young lad (younger than you, intern or some recent graduate)....then you question umm he going to see ur wifes vajayjay.....then you talk to the chap, and ask him how many he did today.....then ur sitting there thinkn damn, i shouldve been a doctor instead....

For the first few operations, probably. But after that, it can be monotonous.