PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, can this Lebron hype stop now?

Jacko
05-26-2009, 10:48 PM
This motherfucker got as much help as humanly possible from the refs and HE STILL CAN'T WIN.

If there is a God or karma in this world, LBJ will not advance. What has gone on thus far is nothing short of a travesty in officiating.

BRHornet45
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
sons I pray to my Hawk every day that King Crab will never win a championship.

resistanze
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Why is Laker Fan commenting on this?

pauls931
05-26-2009, 10:51 PM
This will be good for lebron and the league if his team does not advance. The cavs are not a better team and the way they have been officiating will teach young kids to expect preferential treatment. The NBA is destroying the league with the monster they are trying to create.

lebron will probably get a title someday, but I hope it's earned.

Ghazi
I'm really sick of the team mates excuse. Yeah, his team mates blow, but these games have been very winnable

What about his EIGHT Turnovers and 4 missed free throws?

His team mates, at the very least, aren't bad enough such that Cleveland hasn't had a chance at the end of the game.

Shank
What have things come to when Lebron needs more help around him?

BRHornet45
05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm really sick of the team mates excuse. Yeah, his team mates blow, but these games have been very winnable

His team mates, at the very least, aren't bad enough such that Cleveland hasn't had a chance at the end of the game.

Ghazi for once I must .... MOTHAFUCKIN CO-SIGN son!

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2009, 10:55 PM
there was a period he had 3 straight turnovers on the fast break, he shouldve takn it to the rim instead of passing it off to either gibson, mo, west or even varejao on the PNP N PNR....

then again wtf is varejao defending dwight, 6 straight points for d12 in OT is not good...shouldve put ben wallace on him and put clown on turgo who varejao was easily pick pocketing him

SouthTexasRancher
05-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Ghazi for once I must .... MOTHAFUCKIN CO-SIGN son!

ROTFLMAO!!!:lol:rollin:lol Good one!

siopaoboi
05-26-2009, 11:00 PM
this is the perfect script for lebron. down 3-1, and having 2 of the last 3 games at home. winning the home games wont be much of a problem for them, but the mentality here is just to steal 1 game and coming back from 3-1 isnt that impossible for them.

JamStone
05-26-2009, 11:00 PM
LeBron definitely deserves criticism for his play down the stretch. Made quite a few bad plays late in regulation. That said, he does need some of teammates to step up. It's ridiculous that he has to score this much, plus defend either Hedo or Rashard, rebound, and be a play-maker just so the Cavs are in the game. But, he absolutely did his share of choking in this game.

Brazil
05-26-2009, 11:01 PM
LBJ is an amazing player but come on when you are GOD you cannot airball like that in the 4th and OT.

TampaDude
05-26-2009, 11:01 PM
If it's a Magic-Nuggets Finals, will they keep showing all those Kobe vs. LeBron commercials??? :lol

Ghazi
05-26-2009, 11:02 PM
LeBron definitely deserves criticism for his play down the stretch. Made quite a few bad plays late in regulation. That said, he does need some of teammates to step up. It's ridiculous that he has to score this much, plus defend either Hedo or Rashard, rebound, and be a play-maker just so the Cavs are in the game. But, he absolutely did his share of choking in this game.

Would you say he's had a monster series "statistically"?

SouthTexasRancher
05-26-2009, 11:02 PM
this is the perfect script for lebron. down 3-1, and having 2 of the last 3 games at home. winning the home games wont be much of a problem for them, but the mentality here is just to steal 1 game and coming back from 3-1 isnt that impossible for them.

The way the Magic are playing at this point, it will be damn hard to beat them 3 straight...but, as you say, not impossible..

I hope your team kicks the living daylights out of the Fakers tomorrow night. If the Nuggets win tomorrow at the Staples Center they will close it out in Game 6 in Denver!!!

Ghazi
05-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Lebron has played poorly in the last 3 4th quarters, but the Game 2 4th was forgotten because of a lucky ass shot.

NewJerSpur
05-26-2009, 11:04 PM
If it's a Magic-Nuggets Finals, will they keep showing all those Kobe vs. LeBron commercials??? :lol

No, they'll just "rescind" the series. :lol

NewJerSpur
05-26-2009, 11:06 PM

I wouldn't say winning the home games won't be "much of a problem"....nothing has proven that to be fact thus far.

Strike
05-26-2009, 11:07 PM
sons I pray to my Hawk every day that King Crab will never win a championship.

If there's a club, I want to join it.

siopaoboi
05-26-2009, 11:09 PM
The way the Magic are playing at this point, it will be damn hard to beat them 3 straight...but, as you say, not impossible..

I hope your team kicks the living daylights out of the Fakers tomorrow night. If the Nuggets win tomorrow at the Staples Center they will close it out in Game 6 in Denver!!!

i kinda agree with you, magic is definitely playing at a higher level now, but my point is just, winning 2 of the 3 at home wont really be that hard, and just get 1 on the road would make lbj, "king" again, and they will make this look like it was an insurmountable feat, when in reality, its doable because instead of winning 2 on the road, they would just need to "steal" 1. :)

as for the nuggs, i dont know how they'll react, lakers clearly want to blow the nuggs out tomorrow after what happened in game 4, be prepared for foul and FT discrepancy tomorrow. but i'm just happy that the nuggets arent backing down and compared to last year, we arent rolling over and dying as what others initially thought.

NewJerSpur
05-26-2009, 11:09 PM
If there's a club, I want to join it.

We meet every Thursday at an undisclosed location....PM me for more details....kidding :lol.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Why do people call him crab or king crab

NewJerSpur
05-26-2009, 11:11 PM
i kinda agree with you, magic is definitely playing at a higher level now, but my point is just, winning 2 of the 3 at home wont really be that hard, and just get 1 on the road would make lbj, "king" again, and they will make this look like it was an insurmountable feat, when in reality, its doable because instead of winning 2 on the road, they would just need to "steal" 1. :)

I can understand the logic of only having to play 1 more road game IF they win Game 5 (though they haven't won in Orlando all season), but they haven't proven in this series that their HCA is justified, so I don't see how it's an easy feat. The Magic even tried to give them Game 4 at moments, to no avail.

NewJerSpur
05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Why do people call him crab or king crab

Crab dribble comment he made earlier in the season.

baseline bum
05-26-2009, 11:13 PM
LeBron got the benefit of one of the three or four worst calls I have ever seen on those FTs to force OT, but his teammates are trash. They'd win about 25 games next year if he got a season-ending injury this summer.

peskypesky
05-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Lebron has played poorly in the last 3 4th quarters, but the Game 2 4th was forgotten because of a lucky ass shot.

you think maybe he's played poorly because he's been carrying his team for the first 3 quarters? huh?

i may not like Lebron, but give him his due credit and don't be a douche.

Jacko
05-26-2009, 11:15 PM
The problem is the Cavs are still a one man show.

This just doesn't work in the playoffs. You need to play as a team.

baseline bum
05-26-2009, 11:15 PM
you think maybe he's played poorly because he's been carrying his team for the first 3 quarters? huh?

i may not like Lebron, but give him his due credit and don't be a douche.

This looks exactly like when Duncan had to single-handedly carry the '02 Spurs against the Lakers. LeBron looked out of gas the whole fourth quarter.

siopaoboi
05-26-2009, 11:17 PM
I can understand the logic of only having to play 1 more road game IF they win Game 5 (though they haven't won in Orlando all season), but they haven't proven in this series that their HCA is justified, so I don't see how it's an easy feat. The Magic even tried to give them Game 4 at moments, to no avail.

thats why it'll be lbj's "perfect" script. :) overcoming adversity and bring his team to the promise land .... NOT!

i dont mind orlando advancing to the finals, but i'm just not ready to count the cavs out until the nba decides that they can't milk them any longer.

JamStone
05-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Would you say he's had a monster series "statistically"?

Yes I would. But, LeBron made several turnovers late in the fourth quarter that cost his team. He also missed a few free throws. His play kept the Cavs close enough to win the game, but at the same time, his careless play in the fourth quarter also cost his team.

Would you say you're attracted to my penis?

NewJerSpur
05-26-2009, 11:22 PM
thats why it'll be lbj's "perfect" script. :) overcoming adversity and bring his team to the promise land .... NOT!

i dont mind orlando advancing to the finals, but i'm just not ready to count the cavs out until the nba decides that they can't milk them any longer.

I don't count any team out until they're finished, just wanted to refute that it would be an easy path for the :king.

bresilhac
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
So the commissioner's and the network's darlings are very near elimination. No Bryant or James in the Finals. Aw, doesn't that just break your goddamned heart? How could this be? More games need to be fixed so that the powers that be can have their dream matchup. Oh wait, the league can slap a seventh technical on Dwight Thursday night then, they can suspend him for a sixth game. Then the Cavaliers and the Kingman can win a seventh game in dramatic fashion. Yeah, that's what will happen.

Jacko
05-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Lebron is a phenomenal player, probably the best player in the league IMHO.

He does not need to be propped up like this, his stats speak for themselves. What the NBA is doing in shoving him down our fucking throats is disgraceful.

Mugen
05-26-2009, 11:26 PM
lebron has had some bad turnovers and missed free throws in recent games but the dudes gassed. he's carrying his team in every aspect and if it wasnt for him it would have already been a sweep.

hes averaging 42 in the series and hasnt had the benefit of clutch plays from his teammates like kobe has.

if any type of hype should stop in this series it should be that ridiculous mo williams hype. guy talks shit all series and is shooting like 30%

peskypesky
05-26-2009, 11:28 PM

He does not need to be propped up like this, his stats speak for themselves. What the NBA is doing in shoving him down our fucking throats is disgraceful.

he may end up like Chamberlain. a statistical monster who ends up with only a couple of rings.

SouthTexasRancher
05-26-2009, 11:28 PM

as for the nuggs, i dont know how they'll react, lakers clearly want to blow the nuggs out tomorrow after what happened in game 4, be prepared for foul and FT discrepancy tomorrow. but i'm just happy that the nuggets arent backing down and compared to last year, we arent rolling over and dying as what others initially thought.

If your bigs in the paint come out aggressive without committing silly fouls and make it hard for Gasol, Bynum and Odom, the Nuggets have a good shot. The Nuggets need to stay focused if the Lakers jump out to a quick lead. Billups and Karl should help calm the rest of the team down and make sure they give 110% for the full 48 minutes. I think the whole country would like to see 2 new teams in the NBA Finals for a change.

Good luck tomorrow night.

Spursfan092120
05-26-2009, 11:29 PM

co sign

bresilhac
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
he may end up like Chamberlain. a statistical monster who ends up with only a couple of rings.

Why do you and others assume that James will win multiple Championships? Just because he is a very good individual player? It doesn't work that way in the playoffs. If and until the Cavaliers organization surround James with the proper talent he will more likely end up as a Karl Malone or Charles Barkley. Great careers but no rings.

BRHornet45
05-26-2009, 11:37 PM
co sign

son no lie I must give the cuck his props ... Ghazi has been dropping HOT FIYA in this thread!....

p.s. I don't know WTF has gotten into him (or his wife) tonight.

SouthTexasRancher
05-26-2009, 11:39 PM
The problem is the Cavs are still a one man show.

This just doesn't work in the playoffs. You need to play as a team.

That's the same problem the Lakers have...a one man show.

peskypesky
05-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Why do you and others assume that James will win multiple Championships? Just because he is a very good individual player? It doesn't work that way in the playoffs. If and until the Cavaliers organization surround James with the proper talent he will more likely end up as a Karl Malone or Charles Barkley. Great careers but no rings.

you know you're being a little ridiculous saying Lebron is a "very good individual player", right? when you factor in his scoring (both in the paint and on the perimeter), his assists, his rebounds, his defense, his blocks and his leadership, he's clearly one of the greatest individual players to ever play the game.

all that being said, i've hated the hype on him since he was in high school. i've hated the way he was called King James before he ever won anything. i hate that he has "Chosen One" tattooed across his back. i hate his chalk-dust antics and a lot of his on-court self-congratulation.

part of me wants him to never win a championship. the other part thinks that any baller with his skill and passion for the game should retire with at the very least one ring.

Jacko
05-26-2009, 11:44 PM
That's the same problem the Lakers have...a one man show.

Not to the same extent as the Cavs though.

The Lakers actually have a real offense that is equal opportunity. They are at their best when Kobe shoots less than 20 shots a game.

ducks
05-26-2009, 11:49 PM
This looks exactly like when Duncan had to single-handedly carry the '02 Spurs against the Lakers. LeBron looked out of gas the whole fourth quarter.

so is he human or not

jmanu20
05-26-2009, 11:51 PM
This motherfucker got as much help as humanly possible from the refs and HE STILL CAN'T WIN.

If there is a God or karma in this world, LBJ will not advance. What has gone on thus far is nothing short of a travesty in officiating.

Two thoughts I have on this post:

1) I agree about Lebron's help from the refs....falling on his own and the refs calling that a foul was beyond ridiculous.

2) More people would probably agree with you on the "travesty in officiating" if you weren't:

a) A Laker fan
b) blind to the fact that Kobe benefits from these officiating travesties as well. He had to have been going off on all three refs in Game 4 for well over a minute, and all that happened was that one of the refs told him to shut up. Meanwhile, Luke Walton pleads his case in a much less demonstrative manner for about 10 seconds or so and gets T'd up by Salvatore. Any other player with the exceptions of Kobe, Lebron, and all of the Boston Celtics would have been tossed had he gone on a similar tirade.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-26-2009, 11:54 PM
This is what NBA and ESPn does. They hype and hype hype and overrate certain players to create this fake image the NBA has. Fans all believe it and then they are first to complain about it when it does not come true. Very silly.

Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Dywane Wade
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James

Every one of them is of course very overrated. But it so funny how fans complain about it. But they always believe it whenever subject of "greatness of NBA" comes up. They are all "gods of basketball" then.

poop
05-26-2009, 11:56 PM

this.

SouthTexasRancher
05-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Not to the same extent as the Cavs though.

The Lakers actually have a real offense that is equal opportunity. They are at their best when Kobe shoots less than 20 shots a game.

The two best offenses (team-wise) in the playoffs have been the Nuggets and Magic. LA has struggled since the playoffs began. The whole team needs IV's before tomorrow night's game.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
son no lie I must give the cuck his props ... Ghazi has been dropping HOT FIYA in this thread!....

p.s. I don't know WTF has gotten into him (or his wife) tonight.

Where can I see pics of his wife?

alamo50
05-27-2009, 05:27 AM
What hype?
He is living up to all expectations over and over and over and over again.
Making those 2 free throws was huge and did you miss yet another 3 that was impossible for a mortal to hit?

KSeal
05-27-2009, 05:34 AM
What hype?
He is living up to all expectations over and over and over and over again.
Making those 2 free throws was huge and did you miss yet another 3 that was impossible for a mortal to hit?

I think you missed the SEVEN turn overs at the end of the forth and OT, the missed FT the possession before he made the two to send it to OT, he makes both of those FT's they win the game by a point. He also airballed a wide open 3 right before he made that lucky three too.

benefactor
05-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Laker fan whining about the Lebron hype makes me feel like there is some type of ulterior motive.

KSeal
05-27-2009, 05:44 AM
Laker fan whining about the Lebron hype makes me feel like there is some type of ulterior motive.

Just stating the facts the blind Spur fans can't seem to see or at least acknowledge.

Ice009
05-27-2009, 05:45 AM
You know what i have fucking had enough of?

Laker fans complaining about calls.

Tim, manu and tony should all be getting more free throws than kobe or lebron.

What a load of shit the nba is.

KSeal
05-27-2009, 05:50 AM
You know what i have fucking had enough of?

Laker fans complaining about calls.

Tim, manu and tony should all be getting more free throws than kobe or lebron.

What a load of shit the nba is.

:lol So fuck everyone else for complaining about the calls for their team, but let me go ahead and do the exact same thing for mine. Classic post.

Ice009
05-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Two thoughts I have on this post:

1) I agree about Lebron's help from the refs....falling on his own and the refs calling that a foul was beyond ridiculous.

2) More people would probably agree with you on the "travesty in officiating" if you weren't:

a) A Laker fan
b) blind to the fact that Kobe benefits from these officiating travesties as well. He had to have been going off on all three refs in Game 4 for well over a minute, and all that happened was that one of the refs told him to shut up. Meanwhile, Luke Walton pleads his case in a much less demonstrative manner for about 10 seconds or so and gets T'd up by Salvatore. Any other player with the exceptions of Kobe, Lebron, and all of the Boston Celtics would have been tossed had he gone on a similar tirade.

lol LAKER FANS REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP. THIS GUY IS SAYING EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS. KOBE WENT OFF ON THE REFS AND THEY DID NOTHING. TOTAL BS.

Ice009
05-27-2009, 06:09 AM
:lol So fuck everyone else for complaining about the calls for their team, but let me go ahead and do the exact same thing for mine. Classic post.

You tell me why TP and Tim get less free throws than Kobe? Kobe takes more jumpers than both of them combined. Why was Tim always top 5 in free throws a few years ago and now he can't even get 1 free throw these days?

The NBA officiating is a joke and guys like Lebron and Kobe are benefiting from it the most.

Laker fans calling out Lebron and poor officiating need to think before they post.

Bukefal
05-27-2009, 06:25 AM
this is like what? the 10th thread about lebrons hype? If you all hate the hype, why are you giving him even more attention by opening up 10 threads, about his hype!!! :lol

DAF86
05-27-2009, 06:44 AM
If anything this series proves why Lebron is the best player in the league, his teammates have been exposed, they're nothing more than a bunch of scrubs, the fact that LJ made this team have the best record on the league during the regular season and got them to ECF in the PO shows just how good he is. Change Lebron for ANY other player (yes that includes Kobe and Wade) and the Cavs would have been eliminated long ago.
The man is averaging 42 pts 7 assts 7 rbds, 1.5 stls, 1.2 blks over 50 % shooting and people still question him?

Sure he isn't the best shooter to take over in the clutch but he still gets it done most of the times on his own way, not to mention that without him there wouldn't even be any crunch time.

If the Cavs lose this series it won't be because of Lebron.

benefactor
05-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Just stating the facts the blind Spur fans can't seem to see or at least acknowledge.
Translation: "Kobe's thunder is being stolen"

urunobili
05-27-2009, 07:28 AM
If anything this series proves why Lebron is the best player in the league, his teammates have been exposed, they're nothing more than a bunch of scrubs, the fact that LJ made this team have the best record on the league during the regular season and got them to ECF in the PO shows just how good he is. Change Lebron for ANY other player (yes that includes Kobe and Wade) and the Cavs would have been eliminated long ago.
The man is averaging 42 pts 7 assts 7 rbds, 1.5 stls, 1.2 blks over 50 % shooting and people still question him?

Sure he isn't the best shooter to take over in the clutch but he still gets it done most of the times on his own way, not to mention that without him there wouldn't even be any crunch time.

If the Cavs lose this series it won't be because of Lebron.

Couldn't agree more :tu

He is the best player in the entire planet nowadays...

JamStone
05-27-2009, 07:32 AM
LeBron did choke in crunch time though last night. Had several turnovers, missed free throws, and overall careless play late in the fourth quarter that cost his team. He's still the reason they were even in the game, but he also cost his team the game.

DAF86
05-27-2009, 07:38 AM
LeBron did choke in crunch time though last night. Had several turnovers, missed free throws, and overall careless play late in the fourth quarter that cost his team. He's still the reason they were even in the game, but he also cost his team the game.

I don't know if it was him choking or him just getting tired and making dumb plays because of that mental tiredness.

21_Blessings
05-27-2009, 07:54 AM
No he choked when it mattered.

stretch
05-27-2009, 08:19 AM
LeBron got the benefit of one of the three or four worst calls I have ever seen on those FTs to force OT

I'd say that was a good make-up call for the bullshit moving screen that Dwight Howard got away with to get Rashard Lewis open for the 3pt shot that preceeded it.

stretch
05-27-2009, 08:26 AM

What cost his team the game was the shitty play from his teammates throughout the entire game. Had they been hitting wide fucking open shots that he consistently is setting them up with, they wouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

The guy was clearly gassed. To say he choked is completely ignorant. He hit the 2 FTs to send it to over time, as well as a monster 3pt shot to still give them a chance at the end of OT. The guy did everything he possibly could. Some of those turnovers weren't really a result of him fucking up, as opposed to the fact that none of his teammates was getting defensive respect, so whenever he drove, he basically had 5 guys collapsing on him. If he passed the ball out on those situation, only for his teammates to brick them every time, then people would talk about him "being afraid to take the last shot." Hell, people even said the same thing when he passed it to Delonte West for that GW shot that he made last year in the playoffs. Completely unfair criticism. Lebron simply needs a better team.

If it was Jordan in this situation, no one would say he choked. Everyone would give him the benefit of the doubt, that he did all he could, his teammates left him hanging, etc... Same applies for Lebron, Kobe, and whomever else would have been in this situation.

Saying that Lebron cost his team the game is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, especially when he is basically being forced to play 1-on-5.

Ghazi
05-27-2009, 08:32 AM
2 on 5*, Delonte had a good game.

DAF86
05-27-2009, 08:46 AM
No he choked when it mattered.

Nobody cares what Lakers fans think

resistanze
05-27-2009, 09:01 AM
What cost his team the game was the shitty play from his teammates throughout the entire game. Had they been hitting wide fucking open shots that he consistently is setting them up with, they wouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

The guy was clearly gassed. To say he choked is completely ignorant. He hit the 2 FTs to send it to over time, as well as a monster 3pt shot to still give them a chance at the end of OT. The guy did everything he possibly could. Some of those turnovers weren't really a result of him fucking up, as opposed to the fact that none of his teammates was getting defensive respect, so whenever he drove, he basically had 5 guys collapsing on him. If he passed the ball out on those situation, only for his teammates to brick them every time, then people would talk about him "being afraid to take the last shot." Hell, people even said the same thing when he passed it to Delonte West for that GW shot that he made last year in the playoffs. Completely unfair criticism. Lebron simply needs a better team.

If it was Jordan in this situation, no one would say he choked. Everyone would give him the benefit of the doubt, that he did all he could, his teammates left him hanging, etc... Same applies for Lebron, Kobe, and whomever else would have been in this situation.

Saying that Lebron cost his team the game is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, especially when he is basically being forced to play 1-on-5.

Have to agree with this for the most part. He made some errors down the stretch, but that's what you expect from someone who is basically carrying him team. He rebounds, distributes and scores for his team, with Jason Terry Lite as his best teammate. 42.3/7.3/7.3 on 50% shooting. He's doing his part.

What's shocking though moreso than then inability to create offense IMO, is their complete inability to defend the PnR, penetration from perimeter players and most importantly, defending the three. I'd almost prefer they let Howard go 1-on-1 in the post, and getting big bodies to foul him.

stretch
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Have to agree with this for the most part. He made some errors down the stretch, but that's what you expect from someone who is basically carrying him team. He rebounds, distributes and scores for his team, with Jason Terry Lite as his best teammate. 42.3/7.3/7.3 on 50% shooting. He's doing his part.

What's shocking though moreso than then inability to create offense IMO, is their complete inability to defend the PnR, penetration from perimeter players and most importantly, defending the three. I'd almost prefer they let Howard go 1-on-1 in the post, and getting big bodies to foul him.

Yes, their pick and roll defense has been terrible. I don't get why they keep going underneath the picks and allowing their 3 point shooters to get open. Maybe Dwight is just underrated as a pick setter, I dunno (although he sure got away with his share of moving picks last night, including the Rashard Lewis 3).

They need to just play everyone straight up... no doubling. Start Ben Wallace, and let Dwight Howard try to score 50 on you... that is, if he can do that without fouling out, considering the massive foul machine he is. That will benefit the Cavs even more, because once Howard gets in foul trouble, he plays almost as soft as Pau Gasol on defense. He becomes almost completely useless on the defensive end.

monosylab1k
05-27-2009, 09:08 AM
The LeBron hype is legitimate. The Cavs hype was the problem all year.

JamStone
05-27-2009, 09:09 AM

In the final four minutes of the fourth quarter, LeBron had three turnovers, missed a free throw, and missed a jumper with 21 seconds left that would have given the Cave the lead. In overtime, he had another three turnovers, four if you include the shot clock violation where he airballed a jumper but they got the offensive rebound. I have said LeBron is the best player in the league and his teammates do need to step up. But that does not mean he doesn't deserve criticism. He choked in crunchtime. I don't care if he's tired. It doesn't matter what the reason is. He choked.

And what is this bullshit about "if it was Jordan?" LeBron isn't Jordan. He hasn't won titles yet. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt Jordan would get because he hasn't led his team to multiple titles. What kind of bs argument is that?

Ghazi
05-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't like the word choke.

It should be replaced with failed to execute down the stretch.

stretch
05-27-2009, 09:23 AM
In the final four minutes of the fourth quarter, LeBron had three turnovers, missed a free throw, and missed a jumper with 21 seconds left that would have given the Cave the lead. In overtime, he had another three turnovers, four if you include the shot clock violation where he airballed a jumper but they got the offensive rebound. I have said LeBron is the best player in the league and his teammates do need to step up. But that does not mean he doesn't deserve criticism. He choked in crunchtime. I don't care if he's tired. It doesn't matter what the reason is. He choked.

We obviously have different viewpoints on the word "choke". I consider choking to be when you have an ideal situation in which you should expect a player to succeed is presented, and they fuck it up.

Having to play 1-on-5 is not an ideal situation in which you should expect any player to succeed. Not Jordan, not Duncan, not Kareem, not anybody. It's like bashing on Bruce Bowen for missing clutch FTs and saying hes a choker. Fuck no, that doesn't mean he's a choker. He simply is not a good FT shooter, and that is a situation you shouldn't expect him to succeed in. On the other hand, when you see him in the corner taking a three with 2 seconds on the clock, everyone would be scared fucking shitless to see him take that shot.

And what is this bullshit about "if it was Jordan?" LeBron isn't Jordan. He hasn't won titles yet. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt Jordan would get because he hasn't led his team to multiple titles. What kind of bs argument is that?

And why did Jordan start winning titles? BECAUSE HE FINALLY HAD A GOOD FUCKING TEAM. When you look back at all the losses he had against Detroit and Boston... its not cuz he was a choker, even though he many times had crucial turnovers and missed shots. Its cuz he had to do EVERYTHING for his team that was incapable of doing ANYTHING. The same applies to Lebron. The guy has consistently carried his team, made clutch plays, and has them in title contention on a yearly basis now. But he needs some help. Imagine if he had Scottie Pippen insteand of Mo Williams down the stretch last night. I strongly doubt he gets forced into going 1-on-5, getting put into forced turnover situations. That doesn't make him a choker one bit, and is quite possibly one of the most ignorant things a good poster like yourself has ever said.

And that whole "he isn't above criticism" bit... I never disagreed with that one bit. But he doesn't deserve criticism as being the guy who lost the game for the Cavs last night. Ignorant as hell.

JamStone
05-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I think the word "choke" is appropriate here because I personally don't think most of his errors were due to being tired, they were mental errors. His bad passes, the offensive foul, most of the other turnovers. 6 turnovers in the final 9 minutes of a competitive game by the best player in the league is and should be unacceptable. They weren't fatigue plays. Bad passes, mental lapses. That's choking.

If it were Kobe, if it were Jordan, they would have been and justifiably criticized similarly. Part of greatness is persevering through fatigue and other obstacles and still playing great. LeBron failed in that regard. I did say without LeBron the Cavs wouldn't even have been in the game. But, again, that doesn't absolve him for his play down the stretch. We are talking about the best player in the league. You can arguably blame a missed free throw on fatigue. You can't blame all 6 of his turnovers to fatigue. Great players play better than that in the same situation. And, when they don't, they will and should get criticized for it.

Ghazi
05-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Cleveland wasn't a title contender before this year FWIW.

JamStone
05-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Basically all of those 6 turnovers were during a stretch in the game where each possession was huge and there was pressure to make plays. 6 fucking turnovers in the final 4 minutes of regulation and in overtime. Each one costly in a 2 point loss.

And, before Jordan starting winning titles, he got criticized for not getting it done too. Seems like you and perhaps others have some warped notion that Jordan was never criticized before he started to win. He was. He was called soft and not tough enough. He was criticized for not carrying his team against the Celtics and Pistons, not able to elevate the play of his teammates. You get criticized when you don't succeed. Jordan wasn't canonized before he won titles. If Jordan was put in the same situation before winning titles and he played that way down the stretch, people would have said he choked too.

stretch
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
I think the word "choke" is appropriate here because I personally don't think most of his errors were due to being tired, they were mental errors. His bad passes, the offensive foul, most of the other turnovers. 6 turnovers in the final 9 minutes of a competitive game by the best player in the league is and should be unacceptable. They weren't fatigue plays. Bad passes, mental lapses. That's choking.

If it were Kobe, if it were Jordan, they would have been and justifiably criticized similarly. Part of greatness is persevering through fatigue and other obstacles and still playing great. LeBron failed in that regard. I did say without LeBron the Cavs wouldn't even have been in the game. But, again, that doesn't absolve him for his play down the stretch. We are talking about the best player in the league. You can arguably blame a missed free throw on fatigue. You can't blame all 6 of his turnovers to fatigue. Great players play better than that in the same situation. And, when they don't, they will and should get criticized for it.

There were a couple passes that went out of bounds in which it was clearly that someone didn't rotate to where they were supposed to be. Another one, he was saving a ball from going out of bounds, and had to throw it to keep from falling out. I don't consider those to be his fault. The ones in which he was driving and got blocked or pick pocketed, those were on him, but you can't get too mad at him either because he was trying to make something happen, but was forced to try to weave his way through 4 guys every time, cuz no one respected his teammates.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree that a player being forced into 1-on-5 situations and not succeeding 100% of the time is choking. :toast

stretch
05-27-2009, 09:38 AM
And, before Jordan starting winning titles, he got criticized for not getting it done too. Seems like you and perhaps others have some warped notion that Jordan was never criticized before he started to win. He was. He was called soft and not tough enough. He was criticized for not carrying his team against the Celtics and Pistons, not able to elevate the play of his teammates. You get criticized when you don't succeed. Jordan wasn't canonized before he won titles. If Jordan was put in the same situation before winning titles and he played that way down the stretch, people would have said he choked too.

I know he was criticized for those same things. But when you look back, you realize how bad his team was, and that he really couldn't do a whole lot better many times. He was unfairly criticized. Which is what a lot of people are doing to Lebron.

atxrocker
i'd be lying if i said i wasn't enjoying his playoff exit a bit too much. motherfuck lebron james.

stretch
Cleveland wasn't a title contender before this year FWIW.

stfu

stretch
05-27-2009, 09:40 AM
i'd be lying if i said i wasn't enjoying his playoff exit a bit too much. motherfuck lebron james.

lol atxcocker

lol suckremento queens

lol mike bibby's foul

lol chris webber

Jacko
05-27-2009, 09:42 AM
:lmao at the complete reversal by the Cav nuthuggers. When the Cavs won 66 games everyone was talking that team up like they were the next dynasty and how Lebron finally had a great supporting cast around him that complemented his strengths. Now that they are getting exposed its Lebron's teammates are garbage.

The Cavs are losing because they are fundamentally flowed in their makeup. It's still LBJ and a bunch of jumpshooters who can't create for themselves. Team basketball will always win over 1 vs. 5.

stretch
05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
:lmao at the complete reversal by the Cav nuthuggers. When the Cavs won 66 games everyone was talking that team up like they were the next dynasty and how Lebron finally had a great supporting cast around him that complemented his strengths. Now that they are getting exposed its Lebron's teammates are garbage.

I don't think anyone thought he had a great supporting cast. Just a very good defense and guys who were capable of hitting open shots. But apparently they aren't very capable of those thing either. Yet Lebron still has them contending for titles. Shows how good that fucker is.

The Cavs are losing because they are fundamentally flowed in their makeup. It's still LBJ and a bunch of jumpshooters who can't create for themselves. Team basketball will always win over 1 vs. 5.

Which is why the Lakers won't win the title this year.

Ghazi
05-27-2009, 09:50 AM
stfu

What year were they a title contender? NOBODY thought they would beat the Suns/Mavs/Spurs even if they got past the Pistons. They arguably would've been 5th-6th best in the West that year. (referring to 07)

mytespurs
05-27-2009, 10:14 AM
My, my, talk about kicking a superstar when he's down! All this Lebron bashing....what has he done to deserve such rancor other than be a very talented ball player who gets a lot of media attention albeit nauseating at tmes.

The NBA is a team game correct and teams win championships....not individuals...If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong), didn't MJ, arguably the greatest basketball player ever, go through some rough years before his teams started winning championships? And as a most recent example, Kobe Bryant......he hasn't had the opportunity to compete for a championship until players such as Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, and other key players were added to the team along with the return of Phil Jackson.

It's become obvious that the Cavs supporting cast is not as good as they were made out to be. But don't blame LeBron for that; he's doing his job....it's the others that need to step up their game. This series isn't over yet; though it may seem unlikely, it wouldn't surprise me if it goes to 7.

Indazone
05-27-2009, 11:28 AM
The Cavs are this years 2007 Mavericks. Well I'll take that back, it's close but nothing can come close to the Epic Fail in 2007.