PDA

View Full Version : 2010 free agency will be NUTS

thekingrobert
05-27-2009, 06:09 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12156

I wasn't aware of that many great players being possibly available.

raspsa
05-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Bad timing with money situation tight as it is. The marquee players will get their big deal but those on the lower rungs will probably have to make do with less.

Nick, the Nazi
05-27-2009, 08:15 AM

It's been mentioned one or two times before, yes.

Dr. Gonzo
05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
What happens in 2010?

SenorSpur
05-27-2009, 08:36 AM
It will be nuts, however the talent pool will likely be much thinner than most expect. Consider the following:

Lebron - likely staying in Cleveland
D-Wade - Likely staying in Miami
Dirk - Staying with the Mavs
Kobe - Staying with Fakers

I would say that Chris Bosh will likely be the biggest FA target willing to change teams during this summer bonanza. Most of the big names will be staying with their respective teams.

TJastal
05-27-2009, 11:48 AM
I'd love to see the spurs go hard after Bosh, here's a guy I think would fit the spurs character and might be interested in coming to SA for maybe a little less for a chance to play next to one of the all time greats, Tim Duncan.

Bosh is a guy you can use as a major building block for a future contender, but would also give the spurs a chance to win now with Tim Duncan. He would be a great compliment to Duncan, I am sure of it. He'd take a huge load off Duncan's shoulders immediately, and let Duncan focus on what he does best, defense and rebounding. It would be like deja-vue when Duncan first started and took the burden of scoring off Robinson he because even more of a defensive beast.

bigdog
05-27-2009, 11:57 AM
hmm, never heard anything about 2010 free agency before :hat:lol

Stump
05-27-2009, 12:01 PM
I'd love to see the spurs go hard after Bosh, here's a guy I think would fit the spurs character and might be interested in coming to SA for maybe a little less for a chance to play next to one of the all time greats, Tim Duncan.

Bosh is a guy you can use as a major building block for a future contender, but would also give the spurs a chance to win now with Tim Duncan. He would be a great compliment to Duncan, I am sure of it. He'd take a huge load off Duncan's shoulders immediately, and let Duncan focus on what he does best, defense and rebounding. It would be like deja-vue when Duncan first started and took the burden of scoring off Robinson he because even more of a defensive beast.
I don't think Bosh will sign for anything less than the max salary, which is probably more than he is worth. Not that I don't want him on this team, but I just don't find the chances of landing him at a favorable rate to be very high.

TJastal
05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't think Bosh will sign for anything less than the max salary, which is probably more than he is worth. Not that I don't want him on this team, but I just don't find the chances of landing him at a favorable rate to be very high.

You never know, the guy seems to have some character, and fit the mold of a san antonio spur. He would have a chance to play next to a future HOF'er for at least a few years and would contend for a championship undoubtedly until Duncan retires.

And are you positive he is not worth a max salary? Talented big men are few and far between in this league as it is. If Stephon Marbury can make 20 mil or whatever ridiculous amount he is getting, I don't understand why Bosh is not worth that kind of money.

easy7
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Who are you people?

Bender
05-27-2009, 12:29 PM
wow, looks like it might be a good idea for some teams to start planning for 2010.

Maybe they could call it "The 2010 Plan", how does that sound?

Spursfan092120
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Who are you people?
epic post :rolleyes

TJastal
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
I am Ben..nice to meet you.

:lol

TJastal
05-27-2009, 12:53 PM
I think the spurs would be stupid to trade away that much playoff experience and talent in Parker for an essentially unproven commodity like Rose. Sure the kid has the potential, but he's going to need a few years yet before he's even close to Parker's level.

What the spurs need the most right now is a talented big to play next to Duncan, and I think Bosh could potentially be that guy. Sure he's going to cost a bundle, but you could basically put just bit role players around Bosh, Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili and contend for a title.

They need a defensive minded small forward too, but after watching this year's playoffs and Tim getting little help from Bonner, Thomas, etc I defenitely believe they need to get some big time help for Duncan in a hurry
(2010 Bosh is FA).

My dream spurs lineup for 2010 (ya, i know we won't get Pietrus, hence the dreaming)

PG Parker / G Hill
SG Ginobili / Mason
SF Pietrus / Hairston
PF Bosh / Thomas
C Duncan / Mahinmi

reserves Udoka, Bonner

aaahhhhhhhhhh..........

InK
05-27-2009, 12:55 PM
We have close to 0% chance to land Bosh, we don't have the money he will be getting, and the Spurs are a declining franchise at 2010, 2011 at latest. If he likes the rebuilding mode, he can stay with the Raptors, if he interested in something more then the Spurs are not the logical choice for him at this point in time.

What most of the teams are looking and manically cleaning cap space for are not the Lebrons, Dwades, Boshes etc.. but the potential great value deals on the market that year. Lots of people are gonna get underpayed that summer, and the best approach for the Spurs would probably be closing a deal ( getting a trade done with expiring contracts) just before the spring deadline, when the hype and speculation are gonna be at the highest point.

IronMexican
05-27-2009, 12:58 PM
King Nothing will walk if he doesn't get a ring this year, which, to my delight, is very likely. Dirk and the Rapist will stay put. D-Wade too. I'll take Chris Bosh, but I wouldn't get rid of much to get him. Anyone know how expensive Bosh would be?

ROFL Marilyn Manson. Why not just come out and admit you take it in the ass?

silverblackfan
05-27-2009, 01:58 PM
I hear the Ginobli guy is good, I hope they go after him.

exstatic
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12156

Three years late to the party forum.

Many of us have been aware of this since 2007, when LeBron, Melo, and Wade all opted to just extend for 3 years. That set the ball rolling.

Johnny RIngo
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
We have close to 0% chance to land Bosh, we don't have the money he will be getting, and the Spurs are a declining franchise at 2010, 2011 at latest. If he likes the rebuilding mode, he can stay with the Raptors, if he interested in something more then the Spurs are not the logical choice for him at this point in time.

What most of the teams are looking and manically cleaning cap space for are not the Lebrons, Dwades, Boshes etc.. but the potential great value deals on the market that year. Lots of people are gonna get underpayed that summer, and the best approach for the Spurs would probably be closing a deal ( getting a trade done with expiring contracts) just before the spring deadline, when the hype and speculation are gonna be at the highest point.

Agreed. Spurs aren't going to ever land a big name player in FA(couldn't even convince Maggette, of all players, to come here). The team would be better off trading away the expirings for a decent player.

txallstar
05-27-2009, 10:58 PM
keep dreaming, like any of those people are coming, they wouldnt come when td was in his prime and they're not coming in 2010

ezau
05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Who are you people?

what do you mean you people?

DPG21920
05-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the real world she said to me, condescendingly.