PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs..which is it?

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 01:03 PM
No Talent

or

Bad matchup, sucking at the wrong time.

Trainwreck2100
05-27-2009, 01:05 PM
sucking at the wrong time could go with talent

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
sucking at the wrong time could go with talent

I think they do have talent..maybe not as good as the Lakeshow...i think the matchup (with Orlando) can kill both the Cavs and the Lakers IMO

DrHouse
05-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I said this before the series started and I'll say it again.

The playoffs are ALL about matchups. The Cavs dominated mediocre and weak teams in the regular season but consistently struggled against the elite for a reason. They just don't match up well with teams that can take advantage of their weaknesses.

baseline bum
05-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I said this before the series started and I'll say it again.

The playoffs are ALL about matchups. The Cavs dominated mediocre and weak teams in the regular season but consistently struggled against the elite for a reason. They just don't match up well with teams that can take advantage of their weaknesses.

Translation: their other 11 players

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Translation: their other 11 players

but you chose "cavs in 6"...knowing they have 11 crappy players. :king

baseline bum
05-27-2009, 01:31 PM

I underestimated Alston, Pietrus, and Lewis.

stretch
05-27-2009, 01:35 PM
mix of both. lack talent, but a real bad matchup

DrHouse
05-27-2009, 01:36 PM
You don't win 66 games without talent. I don't care how good LBJ is, you just don't win 66 games if your team has zero talent collectively.

The Magic are just that bad of a matchup.

IronMexican
05-27-2009, 01:37 PM
This Cavs team could beat the 2001 Lakers

stretch
05-27-2009, 01:39 PM
You don't win 66 games without talent.

The 08-09 Cavs did.

Ghazi
05-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Cavs have talent good enough to keep them in the game in the 4th, but their superstar has failed to make plays down the stretch of winnable games 3 and 4 :hat

mingus
05-27-2009, 01:46 PM
why are you making us choose from two things that aren't mutually exclusive ?

is it not possible that the Cavs can have a dearth of talent around James and still be playing bad , which i believe to be the case ?

Jesus :lmao ... this isn't rocket science , guy ...

mingus
05-27-2009, 01:50 PM
+ the Magic are a bad matchup ... no one can match up with Dwight or Rashard .

manufan10
05-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I think it's a horrible matchup and they're sucking at the wrong time. They way the Cavs had been playing, I thought they would beat the Magic in 5. Magic had some games against the Celtics where their offense didn't look so great. Against the Cavs, the offense has come to life. Meanwhile, the Cavs offense has stalled and turned stale. It's too much dribbling out the clock in the fourth quarter and then hoisting up a heavily contested 3 or jumpshot. The Cavs have still been close, so I think the Cavs have just been playing sucky basketball in this series.

KSeal
05-27-2009, 02:05 PM

:rollin

Obstructed_View
05-27-2009, 02:22 PM
The Cavs have played four really close games against a really good team that matches up really well with them. I'm not sure how that could be constituted as "sucking".

One thing's for sure, if you swapped Cavs and Lakers supporting casts, Lebron's already sitting on his couch waiting to see who he's playing in the finals.

He's rooting for Houston.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 02:44 PM
It's both but the lack of talent is a bigger concern since the lack of talent is the biggest reason Cleveland has horrible matchups against Orlando. To be more specific they really lack playoff talent considering their 2nd best player (Williams) is the type of player that dominates crappy defenses and sucks against well coached defensive teams.

They won 66 regular season games because of their 2nd leading scorer Mo Williams, just like the Suns won 61 regular season games in 2007 because of their 2nd leading scorer Leandro Barbosa. Both players are great at making sure a team wins the regular season games it is supposed to (especiall the home games), but they'll disappear in a hurry against well coached teams on defense in the playoffs.

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 02:46 PM
It's both but the lack of talent is a bigger concern since the lack of talent is the biggest reason Cleveland has horrible matchups against Orlando. To be more specific they really lack playoff talent considering their 2nd best player (Williams) is the type of player that dominates crappy defenses and sucks against well coached defensive teams.

They won 66 regular season games because of their 2nd leading scorer Mo Williams, just like the Suns won 61 regular season games in 2007 because of their 2nd leading scorer Leandro Barbosa. Both players are great at making sure a team wins the regular season games it is supposed to (especiall the home games), but they'll disappear in a hurry against well coached teams on defense in the playoffs.

good points, but i realy really really have a hard time saying that the Suns lacked talent those years.

The Franchise
05-27-2009, 03:00 PM
You don't win 66 games without talent. I don't care how good LBJ is, you just don't win 66 games if your team has zero talent collectively.

The Magic are just that bad of a matchup.

Exactly. Saying the king doesn't have help is just a shitty excuse for why the Cavs are losing. Let's try and give the Magic a little credit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 03:06 PM
good points, but i realy really really have a hard time saying that the Suns lacked talent those years.

They didn't necessarily lack talent, I'm just saying that 61-21 is a false indication of the talent (playoff talent more specifically) that team had.

My basic point is that a team with a player like Mo Williams and Leandro Barbosa can do things while their best player is off the court during the regular season like push the tempo so that player can carry the team for a stretch against bad teams and teams that take a lot of plays on defense off during the first 50 games or so.

In the playoffs, where teams get back on defense quicker and value possessions a lot more, combo guards like Williams and Barbosa don't see the fastbreak opportunities and easy baskets they had no problem getting all season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Exactly. Saying the king doesn't have help is just a shitty excuse for why the Cavs are losing. Let's try and give the Magic a little credit.

I don't think anyone is trying to discount what Orlando has done. They are clearly the better team considering the one victory Cleveland has was cause of a lucky shot that's only going to fall 10% of the time.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Bad matchup for the Cavs.

Nick, the Nazi
05-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Mo Williams is an all-star. :stirpot:

sook
05-27-2009, 05:16 PM
its not all about bad matchups. Its about guys being totally clueless when Lebron doesn't score. They just watch.

baseline bum
05-27-2009, 06:39 PM
:rollin

Not as funny as you getting destroyed in the other thread where you claimed LeBron's and Kobe's supporting casts were about the same level of talent. That was some really funny shit.