PDA

View Full Version : Praise God

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Many of you will remember me posting around 6 weeks ago about how my marriage was over and i was pretty much over life in general. Well, praise God that things have changed since then.

We came back from Africa, sought counsel, prayed alot and we are both committed to staying together no matter gets thrown at us.

It has definately been God's strength that has got us through this time. I know the tough times we went through were coz we started trying to serve in Africa in our own strength, and that soon failed us and we turned on each other.

Anyway, thanks for your prayers and encouragement. as an added bonus, now i can actually enjoy the Nuggets making the Lakers look like a bunch of soft hollywood cry babies :toast

phyzik
05-27-2009, 04:02 PM
These type of things ("lets make it work") rarely work out. Good luck to you nonetheless.

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Prayers will solve all our shortcomings. Praying harder and more often has also proven to make incompatible people compatible. Congratulations on completely failing to exercise sound judgment and free will. Of course we all know life is a predefined path laid out by magic man in sky.

easjer
05-27-2009, 04:26 PM
If you've found a way through tough times and have renewed your commitment to each other - as I recall, loving each other wasn't the issue - then however it's happened, I hope you can continue to make it work. That is a great thing, and I wish you lots of luck.

LnGrrrR
05-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Good luck to you!

duncan228
05-27-2009, 04:29 PM
What great news NuGGeTs-FaN, I know you were heart broken. I hope things continue to go well for you both.

Spurminator
05-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Congratulations.

thispego
05-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Many of you will remember me posting around 6 weeks ago about how my marriage was over and i was pretty much over life in general. Well, praise God that things have changed since then.

We came back from Africa, sought counsel, prayed alot and we are both committed to staying together no matter gets thrown at us.

It has definately been God's strength that has got us through this time. I know the tough times we went through were coz we started trying to serve in Africa in our own strength, and that soon failed us and we turned on each other.

Anyway, thanks for your prayers and encouragement. as an added bonus, now i can actually enjoy the Nuggets making the Lakers look like a bunch of soft hollywood cry babies :toast

you want to stay with a woman that cheated on you? have fun with that!

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm all for second chances. However if six months or a year down the road you find yourself back to square one please do the smart thing and end this rather than stretch it out for years desperately trying to make it work.

People have a tendency to become dependent on others and no matter how bad things get they simply refuse to end things. It typically creates a cycle of breaking up and getting back together. Its horrible. I've been there. Don't do it to yourself.

Heath Ledger
05-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Praise be to Allah and the prophet Mohammad.
Now where can i buy a pork sandwich?

Spurminator
05-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Meh

Summers
05-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Wow, I'm sorry some people are being jerks in your thread, but choosing to put your marriage back together can and does work. My husband and I discussed divorce about 9 years ago and decided when we were good, we were really good. We are really happy now, not just pretending. You have to make the decision to be good to each other. Good luck.

Strike
05-27-2009, 05:09 PM

If she cheated before, she'll do it again.

Book it.

BacktoBasics
05-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Wow, I'm sorry some people are being jerks in your thread, but choosing to put your marriage back together can and does work. My husband and I discussed divorce about 9 years ago and decided when we were good, we were really good. We are really happy now, not just pretending. You have to make the decision to be good to each other. Good luck.Maybe that had more to do with maturity. Lots of growing up can occur in 9 years.

baseline bum
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Did you also bring a case of malaria with you?:lmao

That's so 1950s... the SIDA is the dangerous disease infecting everyone in Africa now.

Strike
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm all for second chances. However if six months or a year down the road you find yourself back to square one please do the smart thing and end this rather than stretch it out for years desperately trying to make it work.

People have a tendency to become dependent on others and no matter how bad things get they simply refuse to end things. It typically creates a cycle of breaking up and getting back together. Its horrible. I've been there. Don't do it to yourself.

That was my case. Soon as I finally cut the cord, everything became better in my life.

With that said, if you and the wife are committed to fixing your relationship, good luck. Just make sure you're BOTH putting in the work.

FaithInOne
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Prayers will solve all our shortcomings. Praying harder and more often has also proven to make incompatible people compatible. Congratulations on completely failing to exercise sound judgment and free will. Of course we all know life is a predefined path laid out by magic man in sky.

LOL @ this anti-religious statement.

Say what you will about religion, but I have seen first hand the inner strength it can give a person. Humans have the ability to create spirituality/religion, most things we are capable of serve us a purpose. Although not religious, I truly believe this type of stuff can tap into something within our minds that cannot be explained.

koriwhat
05-27-2009, 05:24 PM
If she cheated before, she'll do it again.

Book it.

no doubt about that.

tlongII
05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Reach out and touch faith.

Your own, personal Jesus,
Someone to hear your prayers,
Someone who cares.

Someone who's there.

Feeling alone and your all alone,
Flesh and bone by the tellephone,
Lift up the receiver, Ill make you a believer.

Six of the tests, things in your chest,
That you need to confess, I will deliver,
You know I'm a forgiver.

Reach out and touch Faith {x2}

Someone who cares.

Someone who's there.

Reach out and touch faith.

Feeling alone, and your all alone,
Flesh and bone by the tellephone,
Lift up the reciever, I'll make u a believer,
I will deliver, you know I'm a forgiver.

Reach out and touch faith {x6}

Bukefal
05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Cool!!! Thats great!! Keep up the good work and all the best! :toast

BruceBowenFan
05-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Congratz bro :toast

Po'Boy
05-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Praise be to Allah and the prophet Mohammad.
Now where can i buy a pork sandwich?

Eat me!!

BlackSwordsMan
05-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm sure god (if he exists) had better things to do than worry about your marriage

Bukefal
05-27-2009, 07:20 PM

That's true, but at that moment you simply dont see that. You are not able to see it from that point. It is very hard.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM

wth? Who said anything about cheating? It isn't anything to do with either of us being unfaithful, it was about the stress we were under in Africa and not dealing with it and just letting things go downhill in our marriage.

We love each other like crazy, always have and always will.

Bender
05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
what were you doing in africa? If it has been discussed here before I must have missed it...

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Volunteer work in an orphanage. We were there for aboiut 2 years

ploto
05-27-2009, 11:19 PM

While I appreciate and deeply respect your faith, I hope you will also notice that you and your wife chose to take specific steps to help your marriage.

IronMexican
05-27-2009, 11:30 PM
God didn't feel like blessing the Nuggets.

Kriz-Maxima
05-27-2009, 11:47 PM
I wish the best of luck to you, and that you and your wife find happiness and satisfaction.

Heath Ledger
05-28-2009, 12:46 AM
LOL @ this anti-religious statement.

Say what you will about religion, but I have seen first hand the inner strength it can give a person. Humans have the ability to create spirituality/religion, most things we are capable of serve us a purpose. Although not religious, I truly believe this type of stuff can tap into something within our minds that cannot be explained.

It's called co-incidence, and an infinite loop. If you pray and something good happens, you believe its because of prayer, if you pray and nothing happens, then it wasn't part of god's plan. So no matter what religion and prayer win. You keep drinking the jesus juice there kiddo.