05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
:toast

rayray2k8
05-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Eh?

Brazil
05-27-2009, 08:05 PM
:lol Congrats to Barça :toast

:lol thx for the translation great win for the Barça the most exiting soccer team of the last 20 years

Bukefal
05-27-2009, 08:09 PM
That was not the translation actually.

The exact translation is: "More than a club"

urunobili
05-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Probably TP was there to congratulate Thierry Henry :tu

Go Barca!

Bender
05-28-2009, 09:12 AM
donde esta casa de Pepe?

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 09:33 AM
"Exciting" (I think that's what you meant to type) and "soccer" should never be used in the same sentence unless you are saying, "this is exciting because the soccer match is almost over so I can watch a real sport." :downspin:

I agree soccer should not be mentioned, because the correct name is; FOOTBALL :king

DxB
05-28-2009, 09:45 AM
"Exciting" (I think that's what you meant to type) and "soccer" should never be used in the same sentence unless you are saying, "this is exciting because the soccer match is almost over so I can watch a real sport." :downspin:

Shutup dumbass.

Congrats to Barca for the first spanish treble! FORZA BARCA!

velik_m
05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Wrong forum forum.

Ariel
05-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah, but thankfully God made up for it by giving us the spontaneous ¨sport¨ of wrestling and the hours of excitement provided by the sacred games of baseball and golf and their 1% playing time to actual time ratio.

romain.star
05-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Wrong forum forum.

yep but i was drunk last night... then again: sorry

romain.star
05-28-2009, 12:12 PM

Basketball is the only major sport in the US that doesn't suck big time.

US Football? Yeah, well this is a really poor version of Rugby... for dumbasses

Baseball? :lol This is not even a sport

Hockey? Well... Is it still a Major sport?

More seriously, i understand why American fans don't like football: one or two goal per 90 min (at best) ? This has to be boring for guys who are used to have a statistical approach of sports... Too bad for ya cause with the right approach you could very well appreciate it

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 01:32 PM
t

Exactly, I was going to say the same. American Football is just a bastard type of Rugby, Rugby, Rugby.

While Football is Football = http://www.newforge.com/Content/SportsFootball_WbEditorID_NewsEvents/football.jpg

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Football is a man's sport.

Rugby is a man's sport. American Football = a softie/girlie version of Rugby.

Man: http://marjonsu.co.uk/files/minisites/3909/EnglandRugbyKitHA_468x334.jpg

Softie man:
http://www.usaid.gov/locations/europe_eurasia/images/success/american_football_in_serbia2.jpg

Left: Real Footballer Right: Softie handegg Rugby
http://thumb.visualizeus.com/thumbs/09/01/04/american,football,soccer-9b5aaecffa6756597c30bc334faa126e_m.jpg

it's me
05-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Futbol Bastards.................... one of the best team sports ever along with basketball …. American Football???? That shit is a joke…. is a pussified version of Rugby…. hahaha it’s even funny how Americans are convinced American Football is a man sport…. Why then those stupid helmets and all the gay protection hahahaha hilarious….

it's me
05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Rugby is a man's sport. American Football = a softie/girlie version of Rugby.

Man: http://marjonsu.co.uk/files/minisites/3909/EnglandRugbyKitHA_468x334.jpg

Softie man:
http://www.usaid.gov/locations/europe_eurasia/images/success/american_football_in_serbia2.jpg

Left: Real Footballer Right: Softie handegg Rugby
http://thumb.visualizeus.com/thumbs/09/01/04/american,football,soccer-9b5aaecffa6756597c30bc334faa126e_m.jpg

Right on the head…… American “Football”(handball) is so gay:lmao

it's me
05-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Rugby for drunk Euros....keep on drinking!

:lmao And of course as expected and as most (not all) Americans dude knows shit about anything outside the states…….. be happy dog keep watching pussified rugby and enjoy those tight pants you seem to like very much :toast

sonic21
05-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Probably TP was there to congratulate Thierry Henry :tu

Go Barca!
yea he was in rome yesterday.
he was in paris today watching federer's and tsonga's game at rolland-garros.

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 02:52 PM
yea he was at rome yesterday.
he was in paris today watching federer's and tsonga's game at rolland-garros.

Thats cool!

http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fp_3067408_barm_longoria_parker_0527091.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20090528/all/l3830060.jpg

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Ok, that you dont like football, fine. that we dont like american football, fine. But why point the hate towards the european people, instead of the sport? No need for insulting based on ethnicity. We (I) dont call you a dirty american either, even if i have different opinions about these sports than you have.

Besides, you probably too have your roots in Europe. or are you too, a native american? :downspin:

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 03:45 PM
I am not a euro therefore I am not dirty.:lmao

I am just messing with you, man. Stop flopping like the soccer players and take it like a man like a football player.:lol

Yeahhhhhhhhh, like a real football player :downspin:

romain.star
05-29-2009, 02:07 AM
I am not a euro therefore I am not dirty.:lmao

I am just messing with you, man. Stop flopping like the soccer players and take it like a man like a football player.:lol

Yeah great post my friend ! Very very funny !

:rolleyes

Well, i guess you can't expect much from a US Football fan, especially if he's a redneck Texan.

DAF86
05-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Basketball is the only major sport in the US that doesn't suck big time.

Baseball? :lol This is not even a sport

Hockey? Well... Is it still a Major sport?

American football is cool I like it, but baseball... :nope... I mean WTF is that? it's just a bunch of 40 year old fatties just standing there trying to hit a ball with a bat (thing that they acomplish at a less than 30% rate), the only semi-exciting thing you can see is a good defensive play, which happens once every three or four games. And speaking of games, they shouldn't be 3 hours long when the actual playing time is less than ten minutes. I can't understand how in the US baseball is more popular than the NBA.

Bender
05-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I can't understand how in the US baseball is more popular than the NBA.
baseball has got to be the most boring sport ever.

sam1617
05-29-2009, 11:50 AM
(American) Football == good
Rugby == good
Australian Rules Football == good
Soccer == gay

urunobili
05-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Baseball = Fat People's Sport
Football= Why are you using so much protections? gay...
Aussie Footbal= A man's man sport
Rugby= a man's Sport
Hockey= a man's sport
Basketball= greatest athletes on earth sport
Soccer= all aerobic and techinique 0 IQ sport

sam1617
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Baseball = Fat People's Sport
Football= Why are you using so much protections? gay...
Aussie Footbal= A man's man sport
Rugby= a man's Sport
Hockey= a man's sport
Basketball= greatest athletes on earth sport

Football uses so much protection because the players have turned into monstrosities. If they weren't so big, less pads would be needed, and they could go back to there leather helmets.

sam1617
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Thank you. Try putting Leonard Davis up against those rugby drunks and see how many of them will get hurt.

Well, if they were in a fight, Leonard Davis would lose, since we are going with more than one rugby drunk. If we were talking about their respective sport though, Davis would obviously dominate at football with or without pads, and would get dominated at rugby, at least until he caught up to a scrum, then he would pretty much be great. Then everyone would run off and leave him in the dust again while all the fans made fun of him.

MB20
05-29-2009, 01:50 PM

:nope

Zidane, Francescoli, Bochini, Platini, Del Piero...just to name a few.

urunobili
05-29-2009, 01:54 PM
:nope

Zidane, Francescoli, Bochini, Platini, Del Piero...just to name a few.

Epic Fail... as an average maybe just 15% of soccer players have finished high school... the rest of them... all bad neighborhood parents salvation hopes that ruin the life of those who never make it to become true pro's... the ones that do... well... you know Maradona?

it's me
05-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Epic Fail... as an average maybe just 15% of soccer players have finished high school... the rest of them... all bad neighborhood parents salvation hopes that ruin the life of those who never make it to become true pro's... the ones that do... well... you know Maradona?

Epic fail X 2 ….. since when school has something to do with IQ …. I know a guy named bill gates that didn’t finished school and you can’t say he doesn’t have a high IQ…. But we are talking about sports and IQ as the ability to think and wisely play the sport…. Futbol requires a lot of fraction of a second decision making situations…. pussified rugby (“american “”””””football””””””) is a coaches game… with a punch of pussies massively protected just following instructions and blackboard plays… Fuck that shit….. that moronic copy of rugby is only popular in the US and part of Mexico.

sam1617
05-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Ok how about Shawne Merriman? He is just as quick if not quicker than probably most of the rugby players and twice as big. What do you think?

Merriman would be able to play I think, a lot of the HB's and FB's, along with some of the bulkier possession receivers would probably be good at rugby. Quick, powerful guys, with lots of stamina are the way to go.

Just two different sports though. I don't really think there is a huge amount of difference in toughness, although there seem to be more prima donnas in football. But both sports have guys perfectly willing to play with concussions, broken noses, and various other broken bones.

urunobili
05-29-2009, 02:17 PM
that moronic copy of rugby is only popular in the US and part of Mexico.

Gigantic Proportions Fail...

www.lufa.com.uy

it's me
05-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Gigantic Proportions Fail...

www.lufa.com

Astronomical FAIL….. first of ....your link doesn’t work..

“American football resulted from several major divergences from rugby, most notably the rule changes instituted by Walter Camp, considered the "Father of American Football". “

it's me
05-29-2009, 02:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_American_football

Evil Angel
05-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Doesn't this argument belong here?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

:corn:

urunobili
05-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Astronomical FAIL….. first of ....your link doesn’t work..

“American football resulted from several major divergences from rugby, most notably the rule changes instituted by Walter Camp, considered the "Father of American Football". “

Sorry.. i fixed the link... try again...

endrity
05-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Well even if they are faster at the 40 yds dash most American football players would still have a hard time playing top level rugby because of endurance. In football, you have a play which last 10 seconds at best, and then you stop. While rugby is not as fluid as soccer or basketball, there is much more movement, and that would catch up with the American football player's body.

I have been around players from both sports and the differences are clear to me. There is much more specialization in football, you are either a power player of a skill player and therefore either really big, or really athletic. In rugby the differences are not so stark. Everyone has similiar muscular developments, and everyone has to be able to run around the field.

Soccer though is still king. I laugh at them who think it's a no contact sport, your knees and ankles take a pounding like nowhere else. Yet it's still graceful and highly technical. Most people can get in a football or rugby game and be decent enough if they are good athletes. In soccer, forget about it. It takes years to perfect the skill of shooting, passing, dribbling, keeping possesion, or simply developing the neccessary intelligence to play the game. There is a reason why it's undoubted king of sports in all the world.

it's me
05-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry.. i fixed the link... try again...

So… since you guys are sucking at futbol lately wanna give a shot at pussified rugby???
I get your point but it doesn’t say much….. pussified rugby will never be what Futbol is in Uruguay and you know that….. pussified rugby is an “North American money machine” take those commercials out of the superbowl and that shit is worth nothing… boring as hell.

haaaa and take a look...maybe half of the world is wrong and only North Americans are right …. As they think.

http://www.sportingo.com/all-sports/a11587_worlds-top-most-popular-team-sports

it's me
05-29-2009, 03:05 PM
well even if they are faster at the 40 yds dash most american football players would still have a hard time playing top level rugby because of endurance. In football, you have a play which last 10 seconds at best, and then you stop. While rugby is not as fluid as soccer or basketball, there is much more movement, and that would catch up with the american football player's body.

I have been around players from both sports and the differences are clear to me. There is much more specialization in football, you are either a power player of a skill player and therefore either really big, or really athletic. In rugby the differences are not so stark. Everyone has similiar muscular developments, and everyone has to be able to run around the field.

Soccer though is still king. I laugh at them who think it's a no contact sport, your knees and ankles take a pounding like nowhere else. Yet it's still graceful and highly technical. Most people can get in a football or rugby game and be decent enough if they are good athletes. In soccer, forget about it. It takes years to perfect the skill of shooting, passing, dribbling, keeping possesion, or simply developing the neccessary intelligence to play the game. There is a reason why it's undoubted king of sports in all the world.

+1

sam1617
05-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Well even if they are faster at the 40 yds dash most American football players would still have a hard time playing top level rugby because of endurance. In football, you have a play which last 10 seconds at best, and then you stop. While rugby is not as fluid as soccer or basketball, there is much more movement, and that would catch up with the American football player's body.

I agree with your first two paragraphs...

Your last one though... I disagree with it. Like all sports, I think anyone with above average coordination and athleticism can come in and play soccer. I just don't like the sport, its boring, too much flopping, too much annoying announcers, too much crazy fans rioting, and too much jogging back and forth while only 3 guys on the field are actually doing anything. And English soccer isn't as bad as the rest, cause it generally seems like they enjoy the contact and don't flop as much...

urunobili
05-29-2009, 03:15 PM
So… since you guys are sucking at futbol lately wanna give a shot at pussified rugby???

:lol at your failure yet again... a small team from Uruguay leaving the biggest team in South America out of the most important competition???... yes yes... Defensor Sporting from Uruguay defeated Golliath Boca Juniors whose Monthly budget is 6 times Defensor's in ONE YEAR... :lmao

:loser

it's me
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
LOL soccer

T.O. couldn't handle it? Thomas Jones? Probably the most physcially fit fball players I know in the NFL..there are many more like them..let's flip the switch, could a rugby player play fball? Do they have the skill set to run routes, make blocks, memorize over 200 plays and at the same time give 100% each play? I doubted. American football is an advanced form of rugby.

:lmao Poor bright white teeth fat north American …take it easy MATE your sport is the best.:toast:lol

it's me
05-29-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL soccer
LOL not answering my question.
LOL yellow teethed euros
LOL smelly ass Eurotrash
LOL soccer riots
LOL MATE
LOL Crocidile Dundee
LOL the Queen
LOL Princess Di I mean Dead
LOL Europe

:lmao

it's me
05-29-2009, 03:30 PM
:lol at your failure yet again... a small team from Uruguay leaving the biggest team in South America out of the most important competition???... yes yes... Defensor Sporting from Uruguay defeated Golliath Boca Juniors whose Monthly budget is 6 times Defensor's in ONE YEAR... :lmao

Wow…. Great… what about winning a championship??… any??? A fluke game or series isn’t a big deal.

Don’t take it bad… I love Uruguay and your Country’s futbol…:toast

Brazil
05-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Without any doubt the toughest collective sport is rugby. In soccer you can be a great player even without a good physical condition see R. Milla / Maradona / Ronaldo / Romario etc... in rugby forget about it: to be efficient you need to be 100%, it's first endurance, toughness, willing to go to the fight, if you are not ready you don't exist in this game.

I respect american football but there is a fucking break every 2 minutes, it's really boring, in rugby or soccer you have 40 or 45 min of action non stop, this is one of the major difference between american sports and european, IMO in the US it's first business second sport, in Europe i believe that fortunately it's first sport.

Brazil
05-29-2009, 03:51 PM

Uro at least you can say 2 titles faggots !! Only Brasil (5), Germany (3) and Italy (4) can talk shit about Uruguay

Muser
05-29-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't get it, Football, it's in the name

Football = to use your foot with a ball, not use your hands to carry it.

it's me
05-29-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't get it, Football, it's in the name

Football = to use your foot with a ball, not use your hands to carry it.

Actually you get it my friend.:toast

velik_m
05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Bunch of floppers.

TyHCs7Fcs34

AElXm7GDCPw

oL7s9x44n3U

zmE5XZlm-Cs

a2OZXGv9ovo

Nick, the Nazi
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fp_3067408_barm_longoria_parker_0527091.jpg

I bet Turiaf was telling Tony (and Eva) how great California is. :stirpot:

Bukefal
05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
rc4_yT7aGek

Ouch!! I still got goosebumps when I look at how his foot bends.

Bukefal
05-29-2009, 05:24 PM
:lmao

:lol:lmao:rollin:rollin
:lol:lol:lol :lmao:lmao :rollin

Bukefal
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Could we talk about Football and American Football? Drop the word soccer. Football is Football and American Football is American Football. Or do you prefer; handegg? :lmao

Muser
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
rc4_yT7aGek

Ouch!! I still got goosebumps when I look at how his foot bends.

Birmingham City, that's my team. I was at that game too, it was really bad :depressed

DAF86
05-29-2009, 06:01 PM

What does that have to do with anything? to play most sports you have to be smart and football isn't the exception, you have to know when to make the pass, when to go for the drible, know where to move around the pitch to avoid the defesnse, etc.

Life IQ isn't the same as football IQ.

DAF86
05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
LOL soccer

T.O. couldn't handle it? Thomas Jones? Probably the most physcially fit fball players I know in the NFL..there are many more like them..let's flip the switch, could a rugby player play fball? Do they have the skill set to run routes, make blocks, memorize over 200 plays and at the same time give 100% each play? I doubted. American football is an advanced form of rugby.

NFL players would throw up at the 5 minute mark trying to play rugby, they aren't used to playing more than 10 seconds without taking a break, imagine them trying to play 40 minutes for half non-stop.

romain.star
05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
nfl players would throw up at the 5 minute mark trying to play rugby, they aren't used to playing more than 10 seconds without taking a break, imagine them trying to play 40 minutes for half non-stop.

+1

DAF86
05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
+1

I want to know why the hell everytime somebody quotes me, my name appears as daf86 instead of DAF86. It doesn't bother me but I it happens everytime and I want to know why.

romain.star
05-29-2009, 07:06 PM
I want to know why the hell everytime somebody quotes me, my name appears as daf86 instead of DAF86. It doesn't bother me but I it happens everytime and I want to know why.

Yeah, well i've done nothing special but if you wanna know, maybe you should PM Kori...

urunobili
05-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Uro at least you can say 2 titles faggots !! Only Brasil (5), Germany (3) and Italy (4) can talk shit about Uruguay

And two Olympic Golds too :king

underdawg
05-29-2009, 07:54 PM
NFL players would throw up at the 5 minute mark trying to play rugby, they aren't used to playing more than 10 seconds without taking a break, imagine them trying to play 40 minutes for half non-stop.

that would explain why so many rugby players have made the transition to Pro Football where the money is.

The argument that the NFL is pussified rugby is probably the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Neither rugby or NFL players would survive without pads while getting hit by a 300lb man that runs a 4.7 - 40 yard dash.

The very fact that soccer is the most popular sport in the world really makes me glad I live in the USA.

DAF86
05-29-2009, 07:54 PM

Meh, your making it seem like Boca is a decent team. They are in the bottom of the Argie league. Beating Boca is nothing to brag about :stirpot:

VAMOS RIVER!

urunobili
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Meh, your making it seem like Boca is a decent team. They are in the bottom of the Argie league. Beating Boca is nothing to brag about :stirpot:

VAMOS RIVER!
:lol at you Chickens bragging the Bosteros after an Epic Fail previous campaign... Get a goalie plz... :lmao

DAF86
05-29-2009, 08:03 PM
that would explain why so many rugby players have made the transition to Pro Football where the money is.

The argument that the NFL is pussified rugby is probably the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Neither rugby or NFL players would survive without pads while getting hit by a 300lb man that runs a 4.7 - 40 yard dash.

The very fact that soccer is the most popular sport in the world really makes me glad I live in the USA.

I never said that, in fact I would rather watch a NFL match than a Rugby match. But that doesn't change the fact that NFL players wouldn't be able to play 5 minutes of a rugby match with the physical preparation of the NFL.

P/S:And the very fact that baseball is America's pastime makes me glad I live in anywhere else.

underdawg
05-29-2009, 08:06 PM
I never said that, in fact I would rather watch a NFL match than a Rugby match. But that doesn't change the fact that NFL players wouldn't be able to play 5 minutes of a rugby match with the physical preparation of the NFL.

P/S:And the very fact that baseball is America's pastime makes me glad I live in anywhere else.

would you say a college basketball player would have the endurance to last in a rugby game?

DAF86
05-29-2009, 08:07 PM
:lol at you Chickens bragging the Bosteros after an Epic Fail previous campaign... Get a goalie plz... :lmao

Shhh, we're talking Boca here. Besides River Plate fans and Uruguayans should be united: we share our biggest idol.

DAF86
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
would you say a college basketball player would have the endurance to last in a rugby game?

I don't think so. Running in a field with boots is a lot more demanding than running in a basketball court with snickers. Besides I'm not ignorant I know that many college guys play basketball and American football at the same time.

DAF86
05-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Neither rugby or NFL players would survive without pads while getting hit by a 300lb man that runs a 4.7 - 40 yard dash.

f9PYo-kwtP0

urunobili
05-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Shhh, we're talking Boca here. Besides River Plate fans and Uruguayans should be united: we share our biggest idol.

:lol Diego Forlan is from the Reds dude...

DAF86
05-29-2009, 08:59 PM
:lol Diego Forlan is from the Reds dude...

Blasphemy! if for you Forlan is a bigger idol than "El Enzo" then you aren't a true Uruguayan.

it's me
05-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Blasphemy! if for you Forlan is a bigger idol than "El Enzo" then you aren't a true Uruguayan.

I second that El Principe... is the best.... he played in Italy for a long while too.

DAF86
05-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I second that El Principe... is the best.... he played in Italy for a long while too.

Where are you from?

it's me
05-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Where are you from?

I'm a citizen of the world ... :toast

Brazil
05-29-2009, 10:58 PM
f9PYo-kwtP0

not a very nice mix

The haka is really really impressive I've seen it in France and in England, you have to be strong to play these guys.

underdawg
05-30-2009, 01:36 AM
f9PYo-kwtP0

If Ray Lewis was relegated to play in this type of enviroment, he would kill these slow white guys. Fact is - he's pretty damn athletic and that's why he makes the big money. If any of these guys had the athletic talent to make it in the NFL they would be stupid to pass it up - the minimum salary in the NFL would be a big payday in the top rugby leagues. As far as overall endurance, the two styles are completely different - in rugby, only one player is getting hit as opposed to the NFL where each player is getting hit almost all of the time.

DAF86
05-30-2009, 03:50 AM
If Ray Lewis was relegated to play in this type of enviroment, he would kill these slow white guys. Fact is - he's pretty damn athletic and that's why he makes the big money. If any of these guys had the athletic talent to make it in the NFL they would be stupid to pass it up - the minimum salary in the NFL would be a big payday in the top rugby leagues. As far as overall endurance, the two styles are completely different - in rugby, only one player is getting hit as opposed to the NFL where each player is getting hit almost all of the time.

Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Is Ray Lewis fast enough to compete against a cheetah?

'Cause this slow rugby player is

wd12TPT73F0

Oh, and by the way, most rugby players don't even know what the NFL is.

romain.star
05-30-2009, 04:27 AM

First, you're right about one point: US Footballers make a LOT more money than Rugbymen. But i don't see how money makes US Football better then rugby as a sport...

Second, thoses slow white guys, as you said, can run a 100 meters in something like 10 seconds (for the backs at least) and they run between 7 and 12 kilometers per game while getting constantly hit by the opposed players. IMO, NFL players just can't do that, too much power, not enough endurance.
The power/endurance balance of those Rugby guys is pretty damn scary.

urunobili
05-30-2009, 07:16 AM

:lol i was just teasing y'all Argies:stirpot:

Diego just need to bring home an America's cup to be as big us Enzo in our hearts but yeah... Enzo is still bigger ...

Muser
05-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Call rugby players what you will, they are some though motherfuckers.

DxB
05-30-2009, 11:18 AM
You mean soccer, right? Dribbling is in basketball and that activity preteen kids play where the winner gets orange slices and Capri Sun.:downspin:

You just argue for the sake of arguing. You really are an irritant.

endrity
05-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Is it a bit weird that in a basketball forum, US fans call soccer a sport for pussies, not enough contact and such and don't appreciate the skill involved in it.

I love both football and ruby, but they are what they are, power sports. If you are a good athlete, and hit the gym, you will be relatively good at both of these sports. I know, I was one of them.

Whereas both soccer and basketball, while athleticism is needed, it's not vital. You have to have skills, you need to have touch and feel for the game. Isn't it weird we are having this dicussion just as Xavi and Iniests, two good but definetely not great athletes, owned the much tougher and physical Manchester team.

So therefore, no, soccer isn't as physical as both rubgy and football. It is definetely a hard sport, but that is not why people appreciate it.

And last but not least, the reason soccer is the most popular sport in the world, is simply because it's one of the easiest and cheapest to play. You need a ball, something to make a goal out (and it can be shoes, bottles, anything really) and you can play it in any terrain. I grew up playing it in a narrow neighborhood street, where no one developed any physical skills, but all those guys could freestyle with the best of them.

underdawg
05-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Is Ray Lewis fast enough to compete against a cheetah?

'Cause this slow rugby player is

wd12TPT73F0

Oh, and by the way, most rugby players don't even know what the NFL is.

that's a cool clip - but he's being caught by the cheetah and not vice versa. To answer your question, I think Ray would hang with this guy's performance (Ray used to run a 4.5 - 40) given the huge headstart that he has. Of course most rugby players have heard of the NFL - they have dreams dont' they?

romain.star
05-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Is it a bit weird that in a basketball forum, US fans call soccer a sport for pussies, not enough contact and such and don't appreciate the skill involved in it.

I love both football and ruby, but they are what they are, power sports. If you are a good athlete, and hit the gym, you will be relatively good at both of these sports. I know, I was one of them.

Whereas both soccer and basketball, while athleticism is needed, it's not vital. You have to have skills, you need to have touch and feel for the game. Isn't it weird we are having this dicussion just as Xavi and Iniests, two good but definetely not great athletes, owned the much tougher and physical Manchester team.

So therefore, no, soccer isn't as physical as both rubgy and football. It is definetely a hard sport, but that is not why people appreciate it.

And last but not least, the reason soccer is the most popular sport in the world, is simply because it's one of the easiest and cheapest to play. You need a ball, something to make a goal out (and it can be shoes, bottles, anything really) and you can play it in any terrain. I grew up playing it in a narrow neighborhood street, where no one developed any physical skills, but all those guys could freestyle with the best of them.

You got it. Rugby and its pussified version are sports based on contact whereas football and BB are mainly based one avoidance.

Both types are plaisant to play and to watch

Brazil
05-30-2009, 04:13 PM
And Bordeaux is Champion ! On est les champions ! on est les champions ! Marseillais j'ai niqué ta mère sur la canne canne canne bière ! Marseilais j'ai niqué ta mère ....

romain.star
05-30-2009, 04:21 PM
And Bordeaux is Champion ! On est les champions ! on est les champions ! Marseillais j'ai niqué ta mère sur la canne canne canne bière ! Marseilais j'ai niqué ta mère ....

yeah fuck that

2009 = Annus Horribilis.
The Spurs out in the 1st round, Bordeaux champ and Toulouse beaten in the semi by Clermont.

2009: :flipoff

Brazil
05-30-2009, 05:20 PM
and we know that Clermont as usual will choke in final !

2009 is not a good year for me also spurs out toulouse out and out of the european cup but at least Bordeaux won his 6th title !

Brazil
05-30-2009, 05:21 PM
http://www.girondins.com/cms/infos/actualites/historique-/upload/docs/image/jpeg/quinconces_2009_05_30__23_32_12_415.jpg

http://www.girondins.com/cms/infos/actualites/historique-/upload/docs/image/jpeg/quinconces1.jpg

Muser
05-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I really can't get into the NFL anyway, I tried watching the last superbowl over here in england and it's so slow, they run a play and then for the next 15 minutes it's commercials, then it comes back to the commentators ejaculating over how good the game is, seriously it's slower than freakin' cricket.

Brazil
05-30-2009, 05:39 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.13a75577da.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?13a75577da.jpg)

Brazil
05-30-2009, 05:42 PM
[/IMG]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?13a75577da.jpg[/IMG]

Brazil
05-30-2009, 05:42 PM
^^sorry about that