PDA

View Full Version : SA: Highest Crime Rate in the Nation?

SA210
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/SA-Highest-Crime-Rate-in-the-Nation/8vEifA4exkms8j1vl0KYGA.cspx

The FBI is releasing new crime statistics next week. They are expected to show that San Antonio has the highest crime rate in the nation. The statistics will include numbers of violent and property related crimes.

Dallas has had the highest crime rate in the country but a report by the Dallas Morning News says that San Antonio is expected to take over the top spot.

Crime in San Antonio is up 17-percent, according to the report. It states that San Antonio's crime rate was 79-crimes per 1,000 people. Dallas had 68-crimes per 1,000 people. News 4 WOAI requested an interview with the San Antonio Police Chief. We were told that because of his schedule he was not able to meet with us on Wednesday. We do have an interview set up with him on Thursday.

wtf?

Vinnie_Johnson
05-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah but lets see your murder rates.

Frenzy
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
most of those happen after the spurs lose.

SA210
05-27-2009, 10:50 PM

It's gonna be a long summer then...

spursfan09
05-27-2009, 10:51 PM

No suicides go up. Suicides go up

Clandestino
05-27-2009, 11:27 PM
its those katrina folks who never left

atxrocker
05-27-2009, 11:30 PM
buddy holly's new h-e-b location announcement, san antonio is the new hotspot, san antone is better than austin post in 3...2....

Slydragon
05-27-2009, 11:47 PM
I believe it, some fucking assholes moved in around the block from us and since then houses have been broken into and shit missing from the yards and everyone knows it's them but can't prove it.

My cousin who lives in a duplex had the lady next door tv stolen and from the back of those fucks house they can see the box she put in her backyard thinking no one would see it, well they did and stole it.

My cousin the other day drove to the store and they saw him leave so he had a feeling to come back and sure enough they sent a scout one of the smaller kids about 6-7 was in his driveway playing dumb until he saw my cousin truck and hall ass back home.

Ditty
05-28-2009, 12:46 AM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/w/white_gangstas-12811.jpg

SA210
05-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I believe it, some fucking assholes moved in around the block from us and since then houses have been broken into and shit missing from the yards and everyone knows it's them but can't prove it.

My cousin who lives in a duplex had the lady next door tv stolen and from the back of those fucks house they can see the box she put in her backyard thinking no one would see it, well they did and stole it.

My cousin the other day drove to the store and they saw him leave so he had a feeling to come back and sure enough they sent a scout one of the smaller kids about 6-7 was in his driveway playing dumb until he saw my cousin truck and hall ass back home.

It's crazy how many break-ins I've heard about in the past year.

Punks :pctoss

Frenzy
05-28-2009, 12:44 PM

end game.

phyzik
05-28-2009, 12:48 PM
We have someone in my neighborhood that likes to steal benches from front porches. Luckily thats about the extent of crime in my neighborhood.

BlackSwordsMan
05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
all those damn ninjas from katrina

Bender
05-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I remember back in my old neighborhood (crappy neighborhood), I had a back window that did not lock properly - anyone could lift it open from outside. It was above the outside A/C unit. Well, one day I came home from work, and went around back to let my dog in, and I saw some candy wrappers on the ground around my A/C unit. I thought, some kids must have come in my place during the day. I checked around and couldn't find anything missing. Colt .45 in the drawer by my bed...check, TV & video & stereo equipment... check.

Well, later that night I went to my freezer to get myself some ice cream I had just bought the day before... and yep, the gallon of ice cream was missing out of the freezer...

Ryvin1
05-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Well I would say every time the spurs lose they were robbed and the police have yet to solve one of those cases. Sadly I feel crime will be on the rise as Tim and Manu get older.

Viintex
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
San Antonio Spurs should change name to San Antonio Criminals, animal rights folx would love it.

manufan10
05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
I remember back in my old neighborhood (crappy neighborhood), I had a back window that did not lock properly - anyone could lift it open from outside. It was above the outside A/C unit. Well, one day I came home from work, and went around back to let my dog in, and I saw some candy wrappers on the ground around my A/C unit. I thought, some kids must have come in my place during the day. I checked around and couldn't find anything missing. Colt .45 in the drawer by my bed...check, TV & video & stereo equipment... check.

Well, later that night I went to my freezer to get myself some ice cream I had just bought the day before... and yep, the gallon of ice cream was missing out of the freezer...

Hey criminals get sweet tooth too you know.

JoeChalupa
05-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I've no problems with crime in our neighborhood. It isn't the best but the people are good and I know almost everyone on the block. I had some ADT dude come by the other day and I told him no thanks.

SpursWoman
05-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Someone stole all of the good stuff out of my son's lunch bag today.

Little bastards. :flipoff

word
05-28-2009, 03:18 PM
My brother was visiting last month and decided to go to HEB around 11pm. I was asleep but he made the mistake of leaving the garage door up all night. Next day I thought my garage looked incredibly 'clean' and straightend....but that was just the empty spaces from where my miter saw, tool box, lawnmower, edger, air compressor...etc were. I'm still not sure what all was taken. I kinda find out by missing it when I need it. Didn't file a police report as it's pretty pointless but add me to the list.

Richard Cranium
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
My brother was visiting last month and decided to go to HEB around 11pm. I was asleep but he made the mistake of leaving the garage door up all night. Next day I thought my garage looked incredibly 'clean' and straightend....but that was just the empty spaces from where my miter saw, tool box, lawnmower, edger, air compressor...etc were. I'm still not sure what all was taken. I kinda find out by missing it when I need it. Didn't file a police report as it's pretty pointless but add me to the list.

That would be tempting for even non-theives.

word
05-28-2009, 03:30 PM
That would be tempting for even non-theives.

Yup, no one to blame but myself. I was pretty PO'd at my brother for a bit but thought...baahhh...it's just stuff. No sense in causing bad feelings. What's done is done. I just move on when shit like that happens.

pkbpkb81
05-28-2009, 04:18 PM

+10

Dark Gable
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM

Yeah, like you had a real low crime rate to begin with. :rolleyes:rolleyes

mavs>spurs2
05-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Damn, Dallas and SA are thuggin' :downspin:

pkbpkb81
05-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah, like you had a real low crime rate to begin with. :rolleyes:rolleyes

maybe i just dident care or look in to it but i dont rember it being that bad in the last 5 years or so

FaithInOne
05-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Live on the north side and get a chl.

Problem solved.

Slomo
05-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Cuban is editing a tape for the FBI right now proving how Dallas got robbed of its 1st place by obviously biased field agents, who intentionally overlooked a lot of perfectly valid crime activity in Dallas.

jack sommerset
05-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Close the border and ship the Mexicans back. SA won't be in top 25 if they do that!

jack sommerset
05-28-2009, 07:41 PM
You're dumb.

You're dumb if you think that is not true!

Ginobilly
05-28-2009, 08:09 PM
You're dumb if you think that is not true!

Do you mean illegal Mexicans( the bad apples: Mafia members, Zetas, Gangsters etc). If so, I agree that they should be shipped out. Or do you mean Tejano's of Mexican decent?

spursfan09
05-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Could this also be because of the drug war and corruptness going on in Mexico? I mean its finally coming north this way. This is a sign that mabye US needs to deal with Mexico.

pkbpkb81
05-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Do you mean illegal Mexicans( the bad apples: Mafia members, Zetas, Gangsters etc). If so, I agree that they should be shipped out. Or do you mean Tejano's of Mexican decent?

he ment all brown people i heard him say it

greywheel
05-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Cuban is editing a tape for the FBI right now proving how Dallas got robbed of its 1st place by obviously biased field agents, who intentionally overlooked a lot of perfectly valid crime activity in Dallas.
Well, in this case Dallas could be guilty of fixing the score.

Kunkle began changing the department's offense reporting system about three years ago. He believed the system was broken, with too many incidents that were not actual crimes being recorded as such. He also found that Dallas wasn't following commonly used reporting practices, making the city look worse in comparison to its peers.

The Dallas article (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/local/stories/DN-crime_27met.ART.State.Edition2.50aa128.html)

Biernutz
05-29-2009, 12:00 AM
I can't believe how many of my neighbors leave their garage door open all the time. In most cases they have a door to connect into the kitchen. Easy way into your house huh! Do you think we need 5 cops to run a speed trap? How many neighborhoods could they patrol instead of running traps. At least we know the crime rate at the donuts shop will always be down. Safest place in town to work.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2009, 12:22 AM
This is a pretty misleading report by WOAI.

The FBI is releasing new crime statistics next week. They are expected to show that San Antonio has the highest crime rate in the nation. The statistics will include numbers of violent and property related crimes.

The report is expected to show that San Antonio has the highest crime rate among U.S. cities with populations of more than a million -- not the highest crime rate of all cities.

So that obviously doesn't include places like Baltimore, Detroit, DC, etc, that (I believe) still have much higher crime rates than S.A.

There's only about 10 cities with populations over a million, right?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2009, 02:18 AM

The report is expected to show that San Antonio has the highest crime rate among U.S. cities with populations of more than a million -- not the highest crime rate of all cities.

So that obviously doesn't include places like Baltimore, Detroit, DC, etc, that (I believe) still have much higher crime rates than S.A.

You're right. Here's the report from KENS (they broke it, had tons more info). Hell, I didn't even write it because all we had were "reports from Dallas."

http://www.kens5.com/news/stories/KENS20090527-SanAntonioCrime.21b37e48.html

Biernutz
05-29-2009, 02:31 AM

So we have more crime than New York City and L.A. but we don't have a CSI San Antonio on TV?

travis2
05-29-2009, 06:02 AM
From the article...

Even the FBI, which releases Crime in the United States, warns against compiling rankings of cities. The FBI's website says the information can lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that create misleading perceptions adversely affecting communities and their residents.

La Migra
05-29-2009, 07:57 AM

I'm on it. Round 'em up, head 'em out!!

sam1617
05-29-2009, 10:47 AM
If this is tracking all types of crime, I can kinda see that, after all illegal aliens are a crime, and we have a fair number of them... Also, us having a decent economy while the rest of the nation is sucking it up attracts certain dregs of society too. Add in our ridiculous population growth, and lazy attitude towards security with a lack of caring for what goes on to our neighbors and it begins to make sense.

Now, I still highly doubt that our violent crimes is even close to the top...

101A
05-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Yup, no one to blame but myself.

Ummmmm. No.

The person who took what did not belong to them, is, in fact, entirely to blame.

This is one of the reasons I moved to a small town -without a freeway going through it. Seriously, neither the wife or I carry a house key on our key-chains. We NEVER lock the doors to the house. Leaving the garage door open just means it might get crap in there rain, or snowed on.

manufan10
05-29-2009, 12:04 PM
So we have more crime than New York City and L.A. but we don't have a CSI San Antonio on TV?

I know. What's up with that? :toast

word
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
I can't believe how many of my neighbors leave their garage door open all the time. In most cases they have a door to connect into the kitchen. Easy way into your house huh! Do you think we need 5 cops to run a speed trap? How many neighborhoods could they patrol instead of running traps. At least we know the crime rate at the donuts shop will always be down. Safest place in town to work.

Much truth to that. But speeding tickets generate revenue. In our HOA we even PAY $1000/mo to have an off duty county deputy to patrol the hood 4 nights a week for 4 hours from midnight to 4:00AM. Apparently it doesn't do much good....

Kori Ellis
05-29-2009, 01:51 PM
You're right. Here's the report from KENS (they broke it, had tons more info). Hell, I didn't even write it because all we had were "reports from Dallas."

http://www.kens5.com/news/stories/KENS20090527-SanAntonioCrime.21b37e48.html

All you had to do was look on the Dallas Morning News site. They clearly had the information that they were talking about cities over 1M people. :)

Kori Ellis
05-29-2009, 01:52 PM
If this is tracking all types of crime, I can kinda see that, after all illegal aliens are a crime, and we have a fair number of them... Also, us having a decent economy while the rest of the nation is sucking it up attracts certain dregs of society too. Add in our ridiculous population growth, and lazy attitude towards security with a lack of caring for what goes on to our neighbors and it begins to make sense.

Now, I still highly doubt that our violent crimes is even close to the top...

It does include all kinds of crime. I'm sure San Antonio has jumped up in property crime, more so than violent crime.

jack sommerset
05-29-2009, 07:07 PM

illegals of course.

CosmicCowboy
05-30-2009, 10:16 AM
We are #88 when ranked by metropolitan areas. The "city" ranking is confusing because most "cities" are actually a collection of smaller towns all mashed together. Houston, Dallas, Corpus, Lubbock, Texarkana, Waco, Longview, and Beaumont/Port Arthur (not to mention the obvious selections like Chicago, Miami/Dade etc.) are all ahead of San Antonio when they rank by SMA.

howbouthemspurs
05-30-2009, 03:58 PM

Thats exactly what I thought! Those assholes need to leave already and stop fucking with san antonio's good nature!

Biernutz
05-30-2009, 07:38 PM
If you want to check on police calls in your San Antonio neighborhood.

http://epay.sanantonio.gov/pdwr/?res=1280&ver=true

Sense
05-30-2009, 08:07 PM
illegals of course.

Just so you know...

Not all Illegal immigrants are gang/mafia/drug cartel members...

some of them actually come here for a better life... and in doing so help america...

by those I mean actual families...

Now I can understand if you ment.... JUST gang/mafia/drug cartel members from mexico..

that would be appropriate.