PDA

View Full Version : DOn't blame the refs, Nuggets just happen to have some idiots

lefty
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Namely:

- George Karl
- Kenyon Martin
- George Karl
- Jr Smith
- George Karl

Yeah, the refs should go to prison, but even without the Sternism, Nuggets have beaten themselves

timtonymanu
05-27-2009, 10:25 PM
so true.

NewJerSpur
05-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Denver<Denver

dav4463
05-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Nene should not have fouled out. That was crap. Carmelo got mugged...no call. I hate the NBA. Screw it. I'm watching baseball.

Jacko
05-27-2009, 10:44 PM
The refs were definitely in favor of LAL, but DEN did not do themselves any favors by playing idiotically in the 4th.

The refs are no different than they were in Game 4 in regards to home cooking. Expect the same thing to happen in Game 6.

Amaso
05-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Lakers got lucky with that last Nene foul, thats for sure.

benefactor
05-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Probably a lot of both.

sammy
05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Fixed!

Darthkiller
05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Fixed!

laker 35 ft (including the intentional fouls at the end)
nug 30 ft

kobe 10 ft
melo 12 ft

dav4463
05-27-2009, 10:56 PM
It gets to be a waste of time watching the games. They are so predictable.

Denver probably will win at home and gain false hope that they can win in LA. Then unless they play absolutely perfect, they will not win in game seven in LA.

Lakers will be getting all the crucial calls and they are too good for Denver to win unless Denver gets the benefit of some calls as well.

If it is close, then Kobe will get a couple of close calls to go his way and whoever is hot for Denver will suddenly find himself in foul trouble and LA will win Game seven at home.

It's so predictable these days, it's getting boring.

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 10:56 PM
nug 30 ft

kobe 10 ft
melo 12 ft

damn refs.

dav4463
05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Magic is ejaculating on TV right now bragging about the Lakers.

ballhog
Lakers got lucky with that last Nene foul, thats for sure.

Not sure luck had much to do with it.:wow

LakerHater
damn refs.

Fouls:
Den: 30
LA: 22

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 10:58 PM

fck magic and his espn flip flopping. he's becoming like Jon barry.

Jacko
The Nene foul wouldn't have changed the game. It was already a 6-10pt lead by then.

timvp
:lol @ Kenyon Martin getting blocked by the bottom of the backboard.

Big Moment Martin strikes again.

lefty
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
I hope he is not aiming at the rest of the ESPN crew, because that would not end well

(ok, it was an insensitive joke)

ballhog
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
damn refs.

About 25 of the 30 FT's were in the first half.

LakerHater
05-27-2009, 11:00 PM

http://i41.tinypic.com/25664go.jpg

...Then the commentators praise Odoms D!!!!
:lol

iggypop123
missing 11 straight shots in the 4th probably was the reason for the loss not refs

hhml
The refs were definitely in favor of LAL, but DEN did not do themselves any favors by playing idiotically in the 4th.

The refs are no different than they were in Game 4 in regards to home cooking. Expect the same thing to happen in Game 6.

This is very true.

dav4463
nug 30 ft

kobe 10 ft
melo 12 ft

Nuggets led the league in free throw attempts. They went inside tonight like they always do, but Lakers shot more free throws. It's not the number of foul shots; it's when the crucial calls go Laker's way that matters.

Case in point: It is a 4 point game and Nene fouls out on an absolutely horrible call that should have been an offensive foul. Instead of having a chance to cut it to 2 or 1....Lakers go up by six. Stern's mission is accomplished on one well-timed bad call.

NewJerSpur

Jacko
05-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I told you guys before this game started.

The Nuggets plan of playing crash ball would not be as effective in LA.

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Nuggets led the league in free throw attempts. They went inside tonight like they always do, but Lakers shot more free throws. It's not the number of foul shots; it's when the crucial calls go Laker's way that matters.

Case in point: It is a 4 point game and Nene fouls out on an absolutely horrible call that should have been an offensive foul. Instead of having a chance to cut it to 2 or 1....Lakers go up by six. Stern's mission is accomplished on one well-timed bad call.

how bout the not well timed bad calls? we'll pretend it didnt happen?

Ghazi
05-27-2009, 11:03 PM
i didnt like nenes 6th foul tho

NewJerSpur
05-27-2009, 11:03 PM
I told you guys before this game started.

The Nuggets plan of playing crash ball would not be as effective in LA.

Neither was their outside shooting, but they went with it anyway like the dummies they are.

Trainwreck2100
05-27-2009, 11:04 PM
The Nene foul wouldn't have changed the game. It was already a 6-10pt lead by then.

it was a 4 point lead pao's 2 fts made it 6

ballhog
Yeah, you can only drive the hoop so many times and not get calls before you just say "fuck it, I'm jacking up a 3".

redzero

Blocked with authority!

timvp
05-27-2009, 11:06 PM

I'm so scared of the Nuggets. It just feels like the Lakers are going to lose. I can't explain it. I think it's because the Lakers have such little talent around Kobe that we are going to lose. Pau Gasol sucks and that trade was a rip off. We should have kept Marc Gasol he is so much better. Derek Fisher sucks I wish he would die. These Nuggets are tough we just need some more talent and the Magic are going to beat us too!

Capt Bringdown
05-27-2009, 11:07 PM
When Chauncey and Birdman got in early foul trouble it was pretty predictable that the Lakers would get the W.

A clear message to Denver that they would not be getting the calls tonight.

pauls931
05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
I didn't watch it all, but the officiating looked fine to me this game. Sure a missed call here and there, nothing epic like Orlando has to deal with. Denver is just not mentally capable nor stable enough to compete against a good team. (Dallas is not a good team)

Capt Bringdown
05-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Denver is just not mentally capable nor stable enough to compete against a good team. (Dallas is not a good team)

Yes, a team like the Nuggets cannot afford to give away two games against the Lakers.

Obstructed_View
05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
The Lakers got a bunch of calls, but the Nuggets have nobody to blame but themselves. They played STOOOPID at the end of the game.

NewJerSpur
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Before the officiating started to look suspect, Denver was making idiotic decisions with the basketball once the Lakers decided defense was a trendy idea.

tp2021
05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
K-Mart was R-tarded.
The zebras stripes, upon closer inspection, were purple as well.

iggypop123
05-27-2009, 11:17 PM
if anything the nuggets got lucky with the melo call. he took kobe down by the neck and it wasnt even called a flagrant. very lucky for him

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
damn..this has probably been the best officiated games..barely any techs...not to many FT's....yet people is still not happy.

pauls931
05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Someone called it here earlier. The first team to play defense would win. LA started playing D in the 4th and denver folded.

Libri
05-27-2009, 11:20 PM

That was a nice block by the backboard! hehe

lefty
05-27-2009, 11:21 PM
The Spurs could use that backboard to help Duncan

We need an athletic big.

hhml
05-27-2009, 11:24 PM

What's wrong with that? If Lamar hadn't challenged the shot and made it tough for Martin, he would've had a wide open dunk.

200 miles
05-27-2009, 11:28 PM
damn refs.

I award them no points and may God have mercy on their souls.

ginobili's bald spot
05-27-2009, 11:31 PM
This forum should be renamed ref discussion. That's all that is ever talked about in here.

Allanon
05-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Lakers got some home calls. Sounds about right...they're playing in LA after all.

Refs overall have done a pretty good job in the series. Time to close out on Friday.

iggypop123
05-27-2009, 11:37 PM
its ok when denver gets home cooking but not when the lakers get it?

NewJerSpur
05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Lakers got some home calls. Sounds about right...they're playing in LA after all.

Refs overall have done a pretty good job in the series. Time to close out on Friday.

The officiating in this sereis has sucked for extened periods, but I think it's going 7 either way. Could be wrong, but I got a feeling.

Obstructed_View
05-27-2009, 11:43 PM
its ok when denver gets home cooking but not when the lakers get it?

The Lakers got it in Denver too.

KSeal
05-27-2009, 11:44 PM
That was a nice block by the backboard! hehe

Well if Lamar doesn't contest the shot like he does Martin gets a dunk, so you have to give Lamar's defense some credit for the backboard block.

JamStone
05-27-2009, 11:44 PM
What's wrong with that? If Lamar hadn't challenged the shot and made it tough for Martin, he would've had a wide open dunk.

Look closer.

hhml
05-27-2009, 11:46 PM
The Lakers got it in Denver too.

Denver got it in LA too. Game 2 for example. First half Lakers got the benefits. Second half Denver got more favorable calls. They got the most crucial call on the jump ball which could've given the Lakers the chance to win.

hhml
05-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Look closer.

What about it?

IronMexican
05-27-2009, 11:48 PM
fck magic and his espn flip flopping. he's becoming like Jon barry.

I flip flop like a motherfucker watching the games. When they are doing good, I cheer. When they play like shit, I start getting super pissed.

La Peace
05-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Kenyon Martin/George Karl/Refs/JR smith's dinosaur dance 3
Denver 2

Obstructed_View
05-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Denver got it in LA too. Game 2 for example. First half Lakers got the benefits. Second half Denver got more favorable calls. They got the most crucial call on the jump ball which could've given the Lakers the chance to win.

So the Nuggets got one call. I can see how you think that's unacceptable.

manufan10
05-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Did the commentators even say anything about the ball hitting the backboard and Odom not really getting the block? Or did they just go with him getting a great block?

Magic shouldn't be doing "analysis" for these games. If he was on TNT I wouldn't have a problem, but when he's commenting on the Lakers there's no way he can be objective.

lefty
05-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Did the commentators even say anything about the ball hitting the backboard and Odom not really getting the block? Or did they just go with him getting a great block?

Magic shouldn't be doing "analysis" for these games. If he was on TNT I wouldn't have a problem, but when he's commenting on the Lakers there's no way he can be objective.
This

TheMACHINE
05-28-2009, 11:06 AM

they made fun of him by mentioning the backboard on the replay.

iggypop123
05-28-2009, 11:11 AM
van gundy said great block by the backboard

Morg1411
05-28-2009, 11:30 AM
it gets to be a waste of time watching the games. They are so predictable.

Denver probably will win at home and gain false hope that they can win in la. Then unless they play absolutely perfect, they will not win in game seven in la.

Lakers will be getting all the crucial calls and they are too good for denver to win unless denver gets the benefit of some calls as well.

If it is close, then kobe will get a couple of close calls to go his way and whoever is hot for denver will suddenly find himself in foul trouble and la will win game seven at home.

It's so predictable these days, it's getting boring.

+1.

DrHouse
05-28-2009, 11:35 AM
So when the Lakers get some home cooking it's collusion, but when the Nuggets get it even worse in their favor it's just good officiating?

Maybe you guys need to lend me your Spur glasses, I'm looking at this too objectively.

TheMACHINE
05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
so pretty much people in here are complaining about 2 of the nene fouls. lol. FIXED.

Thanks Stern!

RedsLakers24
05-28-2009, 01:09 PM
So when the Lakers get some home cooking it's collusion, but when the Nuggets get it even worse in their favor it's just good officiating?

Maybe you guys need to lend me your Spur glasses, I'm looking at this too objectively.

I Posted a thread on this, it said that when the Lakers get more FT every comes and post threads that the NBA is fix, but when the opponent shoots more FT than it was good officiating

mingus
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Denver needs to trade away Kenyon and J.R. this summer if they want a chance next year ... Kenyon should have been the one to go instead of Marcus Camby last summer ... you just can't win with these guys , especially Smith . it's like Wilbon said : his game doesn't travel well , if at all ... he plays almost purely off the emotion of the home crowd , and is a totally different player away ...

And Kenyon not getting in front Odom on that last play last night was a huge mistake ... he stayed with Gasol who was to far away from the action to matter ... :bang

mingus
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
also , they need to get rid of Karl as well ... afterall , he's the idiot responsible for having the midget inbound the ball , and leaving that same responsibility to Martin as well ... i wouldn't trust Martin in any decision-making situation ... he's got Nene , Billups , Melo all over their to do that and he choses probably the least reliable ... he had that same variety at his disposal when he asked the midget to inbound as well ... Karl has got to go . might be the dumbest WCF team i can remember seeing ...

hhml
05-28-2009, 03:34 PM
So the Nuggets got one call. I can see how you think that's unacceptable.

People complaining about the unfair officiating for the Lakers every single time they play, yet when it's all done the foul calls are close and the FT disparity are about even. So where is the the favoring of Lakers? Whatever happened to HCA? Don't the home team usually get more favorable calls anyway? And if the Lakers got so much benefits then why did they allow Nuggets to win game 2 on two missed crucial plays that were game changer? JR Smith had a lane violation, followed by Ariza being tripped after getting the ball on the same play. I thought Stern wanted the Lakers to be in the finals? How can they missed those blatant calls at the end of the game?

All I see in game threads are people complaining about calls the Lakers get, even when it's the right call. But they don't say anything when the Nuggets are on the receiving end of it. People were saying Bynum was flagrant when it clearly was not but when Kobe got hit hard yesterday (which could've been called a flagrant given how Bynum got his) no one said anything.

Of course the hatred for the Lakers is strong so people are going to be biased and think the Lakers are getting everything in their favor when that's not the case. For people who don't get a chance to watch the game...when they read the thread and see all this bitching about the Lakers and refs of course they're going to automatically think Denver is getting shafted.

Is the officiating terrible? Yes.
Both teams have received bad calls and favorable calls.
So stop the excessive whining because it's tiring and pointless.

Kamnik
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Denver would easily win this series if several of their players wouldnt be so boneheaded. I dont find the officiating so horrible even though I root for Denver in this series.

I basically want to see both Kobe&Lebron loose in semi-finals and Orlando finally winning it all.(love da Turk)

planaria
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
nug 30 ft

kobe 10 ft
melo 12 ft

Try to compare regular seasons averages. If Lakers has almost the same number of FTs in this series...yes...itīs fixed.

Basketballgirl25
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
DOn't blame the refs?

some one should tell that the Mav fans next season