PDA

View Full Version : Some GIST..

vanishing_dude
05-28-2009, 12:37 AM
James Gist of the San Antonio Spurs in the Italian League Playoffs

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2009/5/20/881445/live-james-gist-of-the-san-antonio?ref=yahoo

05-28-2009, 12:59 AM
gist's team won right? he put up some promising stats. the deeper his team advances, the more experience he will get.

tomtom
05-28-2009, 04:50 PM
looks like he plays with alot of energy.

Ice009
05-29-2009, 10:21 PM
looks like he plays with alot of energy.

From what I can recall from the Summer League James Gist brought the energy level up of everyone around him on the team. He was the Spurs best player in Summer League, better than both Hill and Hairston. I was quite amazed when the Spurs sent him away.

I mean it's not like the Spurs could use a guy like Gist with his athleticism and energy that he brings. I really don't know what they had or have planned for Gist. I thought he should have been here this season.

lefty
05-30-2009, 01:17 AM
The Gist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xtremesteven33
05-30-2009, 07:13 AM
Im excited to see what he can do for the Spurs....Hopefully Pop can look at the Lakers/Nuggets and realize the importance of talent/athletecism on your team.....

TimDunkem
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Im excited to see what he can do for the Spurs....Hopefully Pop can look at the Lakers/Nuggets and realize the importance of talent/athletecism on your team.....

He also brings energy. I'm tired of watching one or two guys battle for boards on our team while everyone else watches.

Texas_Ranger
05-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh shit!!! It's the gist!!!

BackHome
05-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Just to put it into perspective Gist who is 6"8 is averaging 13pts and 6 rbs a games and he team mate Jonas Jerebko who is 6"9 is averaging 9.1 pts and 5.5 rbs. Draft net has Jonas being the 34th pick.

I think that Gist can and will be our Trevor Ariza type of player and I hope Pop gives him a chance.

raspsa
05-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Just to put it into perspective Gist who is 6"8 is averaging 13pts and 6 rbs a games and he team mate Jonas Jerebko who is 6"9 is averaging 9.1 pts and 5.5 rbs. Draft net has Jonas being the 34th pick.

I think that Gist can and will be our Trevor Ariza type of player and I hope Pop gives him a chance.

In another thread Gist says ythat he was evaluated as not having the quickness to play SF. WHo knows, maybe when he returns from abroad he can prove people wrong otherwise he'll just be another undersized PF.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2009, 04:54 AM
I'd rather have four or five undersized guys with talent, speed and athletic ability who can defend than having four or five guys with size, age, and the ability to get hot from outside once every three or four games while getting lit up every night by the person they're supposed to defend.

raspsa
05-31-2009, 07:44 AM
I'd rather have four or five undersized guys with talent, speed and athletic ability who can defend than having four or five guys with size, age, and the ability to get hot from outside once every three or four games while getting lit up every night by the person they're supposed to defend.

I'm hoping Gist will surprise us and show he can play some SF.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm hoping Gist will surprise us and show he can play some SF.

My point is that it doesn't matter. Gist can't be lit up any worse than Finley was anyway.

The Truth #6
05-31-2009, 01:18 PM
I'll agree with OV on this one. In general, a lot of the comments about Gist (as well as Hill) are that they are the wrong size to play a true position. While that's probably accurate to some degree, the fact is most of our players SUCK. Based on what we saw of Gist last summer I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be more useful than the Bonner we saw at the end of the season last year.

Like any new player to the "system", Gist will probably make lots of mistakes but he deserves a chance. Pop is going to have to play the best players we have, regardless of whether or not they fit some preconceived archetype.

angelbelow
05-31-2009, 02:37 PM
sweet!!