PDA

View Full Version : "Lakers Paid $50k For Game 5 Win"

iggypop123
05-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Phil Jackson and the Lakers were fined $25k apiece as a punishment for his comments regarding the officiating in Game 4.

At least one member of the Nuggets believed those comments factored into how Game 5 was called.

"The Lakers paid $50,000 to win that game. They got their money's worth," said a Denver player, not wanting to be identified for fear of retribution from the league.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12466192

i guess the nuggets got game 4 for free then?

BlackSwordsMan
05-28-2009, 11:35 AM
50 grand is worth a win

BlackSwordsMan
05-28-2009, 11:35 AM
that's like one floor ticket to the staples arena

Ghazi
05-28-2009, 11:36 AM
I wonder which player it was.

xtremesteven33
05-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Lakers pay referees off....Nothing to see here....

Ghazi
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Relative to the 2006 Finals where the Mavs were robbed of a championship, this series has been officiated just fine. At least the bad calls are kinda going both ways (JR Smith's violation in Game 2 if called would've given the Lakers a chance to go up 2-0).

it's me
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Nene

DrHouse
05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
That's an embarrassing comment for a team to make, anonymous or not.

You let your coach lobby for the whistle. Players should just STFU and play.

iggypop123
05-28-2009, 11:41 AM
i probably should have added it was an anonymous player not wanting to be identified.
i think we all know its martin. i wonder how big the fine will be. this is out there. well the owner will pay the fine not the players now

TheMACHINE
05-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Denver will pay for Game 6 but wil fail anyways due to stupidity.

lefty
05-28-2009, 11:53 AM
If it's Kmart, then he has 0 credibility

SpurOutofTownFan
05-28-2009, 11:56 AM
you let your coach lobby for the whistle.

no, you don't

TheMACHINE
05-28-2009, 11:58 AM
K-Mart...the guy who made all his 17 footers but missed all the 3 footers down the stretch?

iggypop123
05-28-2009, 12:12 PM
anybody know how much JVG got fined for his comments during his time in Houston? that was huge. could be similar i believe

Amuseddaysleeper
05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Lakers definitely have been getting the benefit of the calls much more than the Nuggets.

You already know LA will get a +25 FT advantage in game 7, even though the Nuggets will attack the rim more.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
anybody know how much JVG got fined for his comments during his time in Houston? that was huge. could be similar i believe

I believe it was around 100,000 dollars.

DrHouse
05-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Lakers definitely have been getting the benefit of the calls much more than the Nuggets.

You already know LA will get a +25 FT advantage in game 7, even though the Nuggets will attack the rim more.

Absolutely not.

DEN has shot far more F/T than LAL has in this series. This was the 1st game where LAL even had some home cooking, and that only lead to a 35-30 F/T advantage.

Next time try and use facts to support your claims. It makes for a better argument.

j.dizzle
05-28-2009, 12:28 PM
I dont mind a coach bitching a little bit but god damn, the whole denver team doesnt know when to shut the hell up. Thats why i only respect Billups. Mark Cuban did everyone a favor by callin these fools out, especially the tool that has a pair of lips tatted on his neck..What a fagot, what kind of a grown man gets red lips tatted on his neck????t :toast

j.dizzle
05-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Absolutely not.

DEN has shot far more F/T than LAL has in this series. This was the 1st game where LAL even had some home cooking, and that only lead to a 35-30 F/T advantage.

Next time try and use facts to support your claims. It makes for a better argument.
Why do you even bother arguing..Its just a waste of time. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I dont mind a coach bitching a little bit but god damn, the whole denver team doesnt know when to shut the hell up. Thats why i only respect Billups. Mark Cuban did everyone a favor by callin these fools out, especially the tool that has a pair of lips tatted on his neck..What a fagot, what kind of a grown man gets red lips tatted on his neck????t :toast

Denver doesn't know when to shut the hell up? It's obvious George Karl is going the Phil Jackson route to complain about officiating so that the Nuggs can get all the calls in game 6. If I'm Karl, I complain about the reffing after game 6 as well, because whichever coach whines the most, gets the most calls in the following game.

The NBA. Where Amazing Happens.

baseline bum
05-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Absolutely not.

Denver has shot 8 more free throws than LA this series. +1.6 FT/game doesn't qualify as "far more F/T".

j.dizzle
05-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Denver doesn't know when to shut the hell up? It's obvious George Karl is going the Phil Jackson route to complain about officiating so that the Nuggs can get all the calls in game 6. If I'm Karl, I complain about the reffing after game 6 as well, because whichever coach whines the most, gets the most calls in the following game.

The NBA. Where Amazing Happens.

:lol I aint talkin about Karl. Im talkin about the low life Nuggets team that play dirty & bitch about the refs after every game. Karls team is so undisciplined its not even funny.

j.dizzle
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
BTW Phil was talking about Jones' cheap shots which are blatantly obvious. If my superstar was getting tripped on purpose & pushed from behind on layups I would be bitching even more then him.

Baseline
05-28-2009, 01:25 PM
The league shouldn't fine players for making comments that are true. It's baltantly obvious that at least four of the fouls called on Nene were bogus, and two of the fouls called on Billips were bogus - especially his second foul, the charge call that negated a basket and sent Billips to the bench.

We knew the league was going to make sure the Lakers got to the Finals...it was just a matter of which Nuggets they were going to take out.

You take Nene out, and you're left with only Anderson and Martin. Even the milktoast Laker bigs can score on a front line of two people.

Denver's only hope of winning Game 7 is to make somany shots that the refs can't make up the difference. That's the only way San Antonio was able to win four rings, and I sincerely hope Denver can do it as well.

By the way, this league is a joke.

Bender
05-28-2009, 01:38 PM
i think we all know its martin.
how could it have been k-mart... the statement has proper grammer.

"The Lakers paid $50,000 to win that game. They got their money's worth,"

TheMACHINE
05-28-2009, 01:46 PM
The league shouldn't fine players for making comments that are true. It's baltantly obvious that at least four of the fouls called on Nene were bogus, and two of the fouls called on Billips were bogus - especially his second foul, the charge call that negated a basket and sent Billips to the bench.

We knew the league was going to make sure the Lakers got to the Finals...it was just a matter of which Nuggets they were going to take out.

You take Nene out, and you're left with only Anderson and Martin. Even the milktoast Laker bigs can score on a front line of two people.

Denver's only hope of winning Game 7 is to make somany shots that the refs can't make up the difference. That's the only way San Antonio was able to win four rings, and I sincerely hope Denver can do it as well.

By the way, this league is a joke.

and the league is laughing at you for watching.

manufan10
05-28-2009, 02:02 PM
how could it have been k-mart... the statement has proper grammer.

:lmao

:toast

ducks
05-28-2009, 02:14 PM
That's an embarrassing comment for a team to make, anonymous or not.

You let your coach lobby for the whistle. Players should just STFU and play.

says the kobe homer who has 5 techs

ChumpDumper
05-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Phil Jackson and the Lakers were fined $25k apiece as a punishment for his comments regarding the officiating in Game 4.

At least one member of the Nuggets believed those comments factored into how Game 5 was called.

"The Lakers paid $50,000 to win that game. They got their money's worth," said a Denver player, not wanting to be identified for fear of retribution from the league.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12466192Wouldn't the player actually want retribution from the league so he too could buy a game?

BRHornet45
05-28-2009, 03:33 PM
"The Lakers paid $50,000 to win that game. They got their money's worth,"

sons that is 100% truth

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Whether or not the refs slightly favored LA on their home court (gee what a shocker the home court team got some calls), Denver didn't deserve to win that game. In addition to the fact Anthony, Billups, Martin and Smith all had 3-4 possessions that they just threw away cause of stupidity, the half court trap defense that sparked the Lakers run was the dumbest defensive game plan I can remember. Force the ball out of Kobe's hands when he'd been a willing passer and creator all night........wtf?

La Peace
05-28-2009, 04:19 PM
^This. Logic > Bad Quotes

FaithInOne
05-28-2009, 07:02 PM
The Nuggs had it until they collapsed at the end of the 3rd. No excuses.