PDA

View Full Version : No Castro or Schubert!

Clandestino
03-29-2005, 09:09 AM
SA City Council has passed bs legislation after legislation. Castro and Schubert have been part of this. While CPS continues to neglect children and the city pound only halfway kills animals before burying them, city council is busy trying to get strippers to apply for badges.

Hardberger: $300k for City Manager "Ridiculous"
LAST UPDATE: 3/28/2005 10:17:05 PM
Posted By: Jim Forsyth
Watch this story...

Mayoral candidate Phil Hardberger lit into his two opponents in the May city election today, saying a proposal to pay San Antonio's new city manager up to $300,000 a year is 'ridiculous' and is evidence that neither Julian Castro nor Carroll Schubert is capable of negotiating 'with the interests of the taxpayer in mind.'

1200 WOAI news, in a series of stories last week, pointed out that a $300,000 salary, which has been proposed by Mayor Ed Garza with the support of several on council, would make San Antonio's next city manager by far the highest paid in the nation,

In a wide ranging news conference, Hardberger released a four point proposal called "My Vision for a Better City Government," which includes public safety, parks and natural resource preservation, flood control and traffic improvements. But he used the issue of the city manager's salary to draw stark differences in fiscal responsibility between himself and Castro and Schubert, both of whom are wrapping up four year terms on city council.

"Nobody who has done much negotiating would consider anything like that," Hardberger said, adding that Schubert and Castro are the 'poorest group' possible to negotiate the best deal for taxpayers.

"They have no successful experience in working out differences, and working on the give and take at the negotiating table, and I've been doing that all of my life."

Hardberger also cited the $35,000 a month contract with the city's new interim IT director to fix an $89 million computer system that he says city council members 'should have known' was not working well.

"The candidacies of my opponents are defined by the last four years of inaction on city council, not the last four months of empty promises they've been making all over the city."

He said there are recommendations within the Citizens Commission on City/County Service Integration which would 'save the taxpayers money,' but he said Schubert and Castro have 'allowed them to languish on their desks for eleven months.'

"This is beyond my understanding why they would not be interested in these recommendations," Hardberger said.

ChumpDumper
03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Castro I can understand, but what did this guy ever do to San Antonio?
http://www.musictrader.com/mtimages/schubert.gif

Useruser666
03-29-2005, 11:31 AM
I second the no vote for those two. We should have an informal poll here for the mayor's race.

MannyIsGod
03-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Harberger would hands down in here.

AlamoSpursFan
03-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Somebody please tell me I didn't actually see a commercial for WHO-lian Castro where he's trying to claim credit for PGA?

Maybe I just misunderstood the spot but that shit pissed me off no end. That little prick did everything he could to KILL the PGA Resort, then he did even more trying to chase the golf course off.

And the sad part is he'll probably WIN.

2centsworth
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Harberger!

gophergeorge
03-29-2005, 02:37 PM
I worked for Phil's campaign when he ran for the State Senate..... I was in the 8th grade.... :)

bigzak25
03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
a burger sounds good....

i admit that i gave first consideration to castro because he is hisapanic, but knowing he's been part of the problem and the fact that i don't have faith that he will garner the respect needed makes me choose the judge.

attyjackiechiles
03-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Here comes the judge!
I wouldn't vote for Hardberger.
He's flaunting his judicial powers.