PDA

View Full Version : Lebron finally got his support today.

flipcritic
05-28-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that'll be the storyline by recaps today.

Mo Williams finally breaks the 20pt. barrier. Timely contributions from Boobie, and not bad work by Z and West. The Cavs better continue that onwards if they want to have a chance.

Amaso
05-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, the refs did a really good job tonight.

Budkin
05-28-2009, 10:52 PM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1267/lebroni.jpg

flipcritic
05-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Well too much to hope for I guess. :lol

But kudos to his teammates.

gaKNOW!blee
05-28-2009, 11:11 PM

Well they tried atleast. They gave the Magic 7 more FT's and they still couldnt win.

And after last night you shouldnt be talking about refs.

NewJerSpur
05-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Well, Gibson showed he's still good for spot up duty....those 3's in the corner were killer. Those early missed FT's also hurt the Magic, but that's been the story for the entire Conference championships.

TheNextGen
05-28-2009, 11:22 PM
so he does have a talented team after all =O

TheManFromAcme
05-29-2009, 08:16 AM
...Lebron wore a cup?

:wow

it's me
05-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Well they tried atleast. They gave the Magic 7 more FT's and they still couldnt win.

And after last night you shouldnt be talking about refs.

And idiots keep bringing up the idiotic conclusion that more free throws means getting help from the refs….. moronic…. What about the million NO-calls on Lewalk James???? And I’ll keep saying this … the timing… in the forth… it was disgusting to watch…

A side comment…. Cleveland plays the ugliest basketball I’ve ever seen…

sribb43
05-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Support from the refs

Jacko
05-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't think anyone doubted the Cavs would come out and win this game. It's damn near impossible to close a good team out on the road. The 2000 Lakers got smashed by 31pts when they tried to do it to IND in the Finals.

It's Game 6 that is the real test. Will Mo Williams go 6/9 from 3pt land? Lebron has to get help early on from all his teammates and they can't expect him to go 1 vs. 5 again for an entire quarter. He won't get the same calls.

MrFundamental
05-29-2009, 10:36 AM
But they've been holding their own the whole series!

Orlando's 6th man = The fans
Cleveland's 6th man = The refs

:downspin:

MrFundamental
05-29-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't think anyone doubted the Cavs would come out and win this game. It's damn near impossible to close a good team out on the road. The 2000 Lakers got smashed by 31pts when they tried to do it to IND in the Finals.

It's Game 6 that is the real test. Will Mo Williams go 6/9 from 3pt land? Lebron has to get help early on from all his teammates and they can't expect him to go 1 vs. 5 again for an entire quarter. He won't get the same calls.
Exactly. Cleveland wasn't going to lose this game. Mo will drop back into his role as a bricklayer, and Lebron will still put up 40 in a losing effort. 60 wins was a fluke.

j-money24
05-29-2009, 01:50 PM
But they've been holding their own the whole series!

Orlando's 6th man = The fans
Cleveland's Superstar = The refs

:downspin:

Fixed

ducks
05-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that'll be the storyline by recaps today.

Mo Williams finally breaks the 20pt. barrier. Timely contributions from Boobie, and not bad work by Z and West. The Cavs better continue that onwards if they want to have a chance.

what i thought he made all the players around him better
wtf
he needs someone else
but but but I heard all year the cavs had the best team best record...

it's me
05-29-2009, 02:15 PM
what i thought he made all the players around him better
wtf
he needs someone else
but but but I heard all year the cavs had the best team best record...

Yeah … just like Tony Parker…. They want to be the one-man show… and make the whole team suck major ass.

ducks
05-29-2009, 02:16 PM
does he need support is his boobs that big

sam1617
05-29-2009, 02:19 PM
I HATED, absolutely hated, Clevelands "go to" offensive play. LeBron James at the top of the key, standing there for 15 seconds then shooting a jumper shouldn't work. They are lucky his jumper was working in the 4th, otherwise thats a different game...

DollarSlice
05-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Lebron was incredible last night... especially in the 4th quarter. Look at this assist he had (http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2009/05/28/nba_20090528_aotn.nba/?cid=playoff8), he juked the heck out of the defender and then gave a now look dish.

DrHouse
05-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't think you can really say anything negatively about the way LBJ has played in this series. If the Cavs lose it will be because his team just wasn't good enough collectively to beat the Magic. Not because James's was horrible.

I know he had some costly TO's and missed some F/T's here and there, but really the guy is being asked to do too much. We're seeing that even James is human and there is a physical and mental limit to what he can achieve on the floor by himself.

The must underlooked stat of the night was the fact that ORL still scored 102 pts. CLE hasn't figured out how to stop them defensively. They won Game 5 purely on their offensive merits, and that is never a good sign for a team that hangs their hat on their D.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't think you can really say anything negatively about the way LBJ has played in this series. If the Cavs lose it will be because his team just wasn't good enough collectively to beat the Magic. Not because James's was horrible.

I know he had some costly TO's and missed some F/T's here and there, but really the guy is being asked to do too much. We're seeing that even James is human and there is a physical and mental limit to what he can achieve on the floor by himself.

The must underlooked stat of the night was the fact that ORL still scored 102 pts. CLE hasn't figured out how to stop them defensively. They won Game 5 purely on their offensive merits, and that is never a good sign for a team that hangs their hat on their D.
+ 1

:wow