PDA

View Full Version : Its Shogun!

djohn14
05-29-2009, 10:37 AM
With Quinton "Rampage" Jackson electing to take the "TUF" coaching gig, and taking the fight with Rashad Evans before a title shot against Lyoto Machida, people wondered who would get the next shot.

According to superlutas.com, Shogun Rua has signed a contract extension with the UFC and has agreed to face Machida for the title. The fight will likely take place in October.

411 Mania/MMA

I dont know what other big name fighter they could have put in this situation...so I guess they did the right thing.

dbreiden83080
05-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I heard about this last night and shrugged. Machida will win that fight with ease. Kind of Funny he beats Chuck and gets a shot, just like Evans beat Chuck and got one. If Chuck is done, why is beating him the key to the title?? :lol

djohn14
05-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I heard about this last night and shrugged. Machida will win that fight with ease. Kind of Funny he beats Chuck and gets a shot, just like Evans beat Chuck and got one. If Chuck is done, why is beating him the key to the title?? :lol

I know what your saying...but honestly...what other fighter would you have put out there that isnt booked?

Evan
05-29-2009, 11:16 AM
damn Shogun.........

dbreiden83080
05-29-2009, 11:31 AM
There really is nobody unfortunately. I am very excited about Page and Evans though. He's not scared of Machida, he's not scared of anyone, he just wants to give Rashad a beating first...

desflood
05-29-2009, 12:28 PM
It just kills me that Forrest beat both Shogun and Rampage and now they both have title fights lined up while he's fighting Silva.

djohn14
05-29-2009, 12:30 PM
It just kills me that Forrest beat both Shogun and Rampage and now they both have title fights lined up while he's fighting Silva.

If he beats Silva he'll get another shot...no doubt

dbreiden83080
05-29-2009, 12:37 PM
If he beats Silva he'll get another shot...no doubt

I want Forrest and Page 2 really bad..

dallaskd
05-29-2009, 10:23 PM
The LHW division will continue to be a clusterfuck until Anderson finally takes his career seriously and becomes champ of both divisions.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2009, 11:31 AM
The LHW division will continue to be a clusterfuck until Anderson finally takes his career seriously and becomes champ of both divisions.

Silva can't beat Machida or Page IMO. I'm going with Forrest against him..

desflood
05-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I miss Babalu.

djohn14
05-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Silva can't beat Machida or Page IMO. I'm going with Forrest against him..

I think if Silva took everything serioously...he could pick apart whomever he damn well pleases aside from Machida, and I wouldnt say he couldnt beat him.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I think if Silva took everything serioously...he could pick apart whomever he damn well pleases aside from Machida, and I wouldnt say he couldnt beat him.

He's not big or strong enough to hang with some of the monsters at 205 IMO. Plus he's 34 with a lot of fights under his belt. I always hate projecting someone in bigger weight classes, where they have not proven themselves. Everyone did with BJ Penn and look how badly GSP smoked him. I like to go by what i see. And i saw Silva look horrible in his last 2 fights against mediocre fighters.. Rampage has been tearing elite 205 Pd fighters asses up, for years. Machida may be the new breed of fighter in that class. That's what i see..

Evan
05-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I miss Babalu.

Me too. I don't think he can get the belt but he's good enough to cause plenty of problems.

He also had one of the best countdown shows eva...it was really good.

angelbelow
06-05-2009, 02:01 PM
im not gonna sleep on shogun (since hes one of my favs) but if he trains hard for this one and hes injury free he'll at least stand a chance. and theyve trained together before so it wont be like shoguns never fought anyone like him. ofcousre, the opposite is true too, machida will know how shoguns fights. we'll see what happens, either way im pumped for this fight.

Evan
06-05-2009, 08:47 PM
im not gonna sleep on shogun (since hes one of my favs) but if he trains hard for this one and hes injury free he'll at least stand a chance. and theyve trained together before so it wont be like shoguns never fought anyone like him. ofcousre, the opposite is true too, machida will know how shoguns fights. we'll see what happens, either way im pumped for this fight.

right on :toast

BlackSwordsMan
06-06-2009, 12:59 AM
arona will take machida

Evan
06-06-2009, 08:00 AM
arona will take machida

shush

desflood
06-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Pffff.