PDA

View Full Version : Poor Betty! Archie will propose to Veronica

NameDropper
05-29-2009, 10:50 AM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30983247/?GT1=43001#storyContinued

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/090528-archie-vlrg-9a.widec.jpg

After 68 years of waffling, Archie Andrews has made his choice. It’s the raven-haired heiress over the girl next door, Veronica Lodge over Betty Cooper.

Just eight days after Archie Comics announced that Archie would finally choose between his two high-school hotties, the word is out: Archie gets down on bended knee to present Veronica with his proposal and a ring while poor Betty looks on and wipes away a tear. Veronica replies to the proposal with a resounding, “Yes!”

The red-haired all-American boy’s choice is likely to upset many Archie fans. Ever since news that Archie would get married broke, they have been filling the message boards at ArchieComics.com with their opinions on which girl should get the ring.

It’s not even close. A strong majority feel wholesome Betty should get the nod over snooty Veronica.

Not the people’s choice
“I hope it's Betty! I've read these comics for over 30 years and waited for the day he woke up and chose Betty,” wrote fan Rachel.

“I think he should ask Betty,” agreed reader Rob. “Veronica is too sophisticated and too richy rich for him. Betty is very laid back, sort of like the All American Girl she has always been. Betty has a big heart, she would make a great wife to Arch, and I would be disappointed if Archie chose Veronica! Good luck to Archie.”

Among the minority who felt Veronica was the obvious choice was “archielover,” who wrote: “OMG! Pick Veronica! He doesn't deserve Betty, he always makes her do all his chores and fix his car and help with his homework, while he treats Veronica like a little princess! I can't wait to see what happens

But mind you, Issue 600 will deal only with the engagement. Whether Archie and Veronica actually get hitched as the story plays out over several issues remains to be seen. Given Archie’s history of indecision, would it be unreasonable to assume that there are more plot twists ahead?

According to the blog, the six-part story of Archie’s long-delayed passage into adulthood will begin in Issue 600 of his eponymous comic book “Archie.” It will ship on Aug. 12 and be available in comics shops on Sept. 8.

I say in the end he goes with Betty.

ididnotnothat
05-29-2009, 11:09 AM
I see a cat fight!! If I were Archie I'd pop them both before popping the question.

BacktoBasics
05-29-2009, 11:10 AM
This is fucking bullshit. Why even fuck up a good thing.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-29-2009, 11:13 AM
I say people should definately get a life :lol

SpursWoman
05-29-2009, 11:39 AM
This is fucking bullshit. Why even fuck up a good thing.

User, is that you? :lol

lefty
05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I would do them both

mrsmaalox
05-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Betty's a lesbian. She wants Veronica for herself.

David Bowie
05-29-2009, 11:50 AM
People always bring up the Archie comic book when I tell people my name.

Angel_luv, does that happen to you?

ididnotnothat
05-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I wonder who will direct the movie.

sam1617
05-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Veronica better request a prenup, I bet Archie is going to divorce her after 3 years and then go marry Betty.

LnGrrrR
05-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Veronica is definitely hotter.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2009, 04:58 PM
This is predictable. There will be a big change of heart at the altar, and he will marry Betty.

angel_luv
05-30-2009, 10:16 AM
People always bring up the Archie comic book when I tell people my name.

Angel_luv, does that happen to you?

Definitely!

angel_luv
05-30-2009, 10:20 AM
But mind you, Issue 600 will deal only with the engagement. Whether Archie and Veronica actually get hitched as the story plays out over several issues remains to be seen. Given Archie’s history of indecision, would it be unreasonable to assume that there are more plot twists ahead?

According to the blog, the six-part story of Archie’s long-delayed passage into adulthood will begin in Issue 600 of his eponymous comic book “Archie.” It will ship on Aug. 12 and be available in comics shops on Sept. 8.

I say in the end he goes with Betty.

My birthday! :)

They should have Archie marry one of the other characters in the comic book, like Cheryl.

Shelly
05-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Eh...he should have chosen Jughead! That would open his eyes!

marini martini
05-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Eh...he should have chosen Jughead! That would open his eyes!

Not too mention, be a "sell out month"!!!:lol

JoeChalupa
05-31-2009, 12:23 PM
I see a cat fight!! If I were Archie I'd pop them both before popping the question.

I'm sure Reggie's already banged them both.

Avitus1
05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
I thought only little kids read Archie....

Bender
05-31-2009, 02:40 PM
“I hope it's Betty! I've read these comics for over 30 years...

jesus, grow up...

Mister Sinister
06-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Archie and Jughead were lovers. Archie was the bitch and Jughead was the butch. Why do you think Jughead wears that crown-lookin' hat all the time? He the king of Queen Archie's world.