PDA

View Full Version : Question

I. Hustle
05-29-2009, 01:36 PM
If you were out of work and had a wife and two kids would you turn job offers down because you think you are worth more than what they are offering? Your wife is the only one working and you are struggling to pay bills… would you still turn down that $10 an hour job because you think you are worth 3 times that?

ATRAIN
05-29-2009, 01:38 PM
no take that job till you get a $30 an hour job even if that means you find it 3 weeks later. Money coming in is money coming in no matter how low it is.

duncan228
05-29-2009, 01:41 PM
If it's a matter of food on the table always take the first job you're offered. You can continue to look for a better one.

Spur-Addict
05-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Take the job.

This type of thing can ruin marriages as well. I've seen it. A person in this position must think about the kids and not themselves.

Eventually this sort of thing will wear on the wife if it persists. Good jobs aren't exactly falling out of the sky these days.

With that in mind, it may be a while until a "suitable" position becomes available. If this is you, good luck.

chreph
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
If I was receiving unemployment benefits and was coming from $30/hr, I'd turn the job down until I found something a little closer to what I thought I was worth since the unemployment benefits wouldn't be much less than what the $10/hr job paid and would leave you with more time to devote to finding a better job. If I quit and had $0 coming in, I'd take the job like others have said and continued to look elsewhere. Circumstances are different if it saves the couple $$ on daycare not knowing the situation, because the daycare costs can eat up a big majority of the $10/hr job's cash stream.

I. Hustle
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
I purposely left out that this wasn’t about me to get people’s reactions. It is a co-workers husband that is doing this. She is always complaining about having money problems but the husband, who is a “contractor”, sits around and turns down offers because he is worth more than what they are offering. WHAT AN A-HOLE! I mean c’mon dude you have a 6 month old and a 5 year old. You need to get your ass out there and get that money.
If this were me you better believe I would go hit Bill Millers or the mall for a job. I’m sorry if you are too but these people are freaking white trash. They complain about not having money but they make sure they always have their cigarettes. Stupid A-Holes.

BacktoBasics
05-29-2009, 01:53 PM
How long has he been turning away work? If he backed away from a few lowball jobs for a week or so that might not be a bad idea. You'd hate to be stuck on a shit job when you think a better offer might come your way.

If we're talking about being out for three or more months he needs to suck it up.

I. Hustle
05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
How long has he been turning away work? If he backed away from a few lowball jobs for a week or so that might not be a bad idea. You'd hate to be stuck on a shit job when you think a better offer might come your way.

If we're talking about being out for three or more months he needs to suck it up.

We're talking about 3 or 4 months.

They live 3 blocks from the kid's school and he still calls the wife to pick him up from school. THE DUDE CAN WALK HIS ASS OVER THERE. They are retarded

ashbeeigh
05-29-2009, 03:05 PM
A contractor who gets a 1099 versus someone who gets a w-2 can be a bit of a difference. Taxes and everything. Just sayin'.

And if you're a contractor aren't you considered self-employed so you don't get unemployment right? It's complicated on a couple of levels.

But, I were the wife I'd say "Get the fuck up and start working. I don't care how much you think you're worth." If the guy was single and whatnot then he can do whatever the heck he wants. But there's babies involved.

I took the $10/hr job until I found the $12/hr job that looks better on my resume though...but there were no babies and no family involved. (lol..$12/hr..I'm a big deal now)

I. Hustle
05-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I do really well when it comes to job interviews. I would bs my way into that $10 job and as soon as I got that better job I would say SEE YA! My family comes before my pride and I don't understand how others don't think the same.
Yeah if he was single it wouldn't be that big of a deal but these are the type of people that take government help without blinking and don't rush to look for work. Eff them for having kids and putting that burden on the rest of us (taxpayers).

AND THEY ARE WHITE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

marini martini
05-29-2009, 03:35 PM
AND THEY ARE WHITE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/thejeff79/racist.gif

Frenzy
05-29-2009, 06:03 PM
lets see... money or no money...

uh i'm gonna go with money.

I. Hustle
05-30-2009, 10:53 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/thejeff79/racist.gif

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/goatse69/thats_waisis.gif

I just wanted to point that out before all the hispanic jokes started.

Sense
05-31-2009, 12:32 AM
If you were out of work and had a wife and two kids would you turn job offers down because you think you are worth more than what they are offering? Your wife is the only one working and you are struggling to pay bills… would you still turn down that $10 an hour job because you think you are worth 3 times that?

if you need it... neeeeeeeed it.. get it... and start looking for another..
thats what I did... I was getting 11/hr....
months later I'm getting 16/hr and I know I can still do better... that's a refinery contractor job.....

and I'm only 21.... I know alot of 30+ 40+ year olds getting less than me.